EU will break up Facebook

1. Facebook does "talent buys" where they buy competitors then shut them down
2. Instagram needs to be a separate company without data sharing with Facebook
3. Whatsapp needs to be a separate company without data sharing with Facebook
4. Fake news
5. Hate speech

global.handelsblatt.com/politics/eu-really-break-facebooks-monopoly-925261

Attached: 1511455882346.jpg (400x460, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/maps/@47.5553592,18.4500622,3a,75y,16.02h,93.66t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sqlDoYc_GQGyVB-Gt8dHWgQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
aftenposten.no/okonomi/i/jqOAA/Facebook-har-trolig-milliardoverskudd-i-Norge---betalte-under-500000-kroner-i-skatt
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Martians_(scientists)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What's the point of this thread?

Don't bully the europoor.

Why did you bump it over 25 minutes later, you stupid shit?

Fucking commies.

>1. Facebook does "talent buys" where they buy competitors then shut them down
This one angers me the most. Once you have enough money, nobody can compete with you because yuou just buy them out. This is something like patent trolling IMO, but only with humans instead of patents

This is exactly why antitrust agencies exist in countries that aren't a shithole like America.
Let's hope the EU will actually go through with this and fuck Zuck up the arse.

Why can't Fb and Goolag tell the EU to go tuck themselves in? There's no reason why Fb has to do business there physically.

They can still be fined, even if they do not have a presence in the EU

>FB doesn't comply
>Situation escalates
>FB not legally allowed to operate in EU anymore
>blocked on ISP level EU wide
>Normies can't into VPN
>European FB alternative crops up and takes over market
>FB looses access to a market of 741 million people
Yeah I don't know why either.

Attached: 1530450736557.jpg (1024x1005, 73K)

Why don't they break Microsoft and Google already? I've been waiting for this for years. What's taking so long?

This is good except for the last 2 points

why?

Meanwhile in europoorland, people have bigger issues to worry about than facebook....

Attached: 2018-08-04-0249.jpg (1920x896, 479K)

>Be legislator
>Try to break up Online Megacorp, Inc.
>Start getting angry calls from users of Megacorp to stop trying to take their life-dependent product away from them, telling me that if I do it they'll never vote for me again
>Whoever my competitor is just got several million in campaign money for whenever the next election rolls around
>If I ever used one of Megacorp's services things I've said or done might be leaked and those things, while completely legal and at worst slightly embarrassing, will be misconstrued and taken out of context to such an extent that I may find myself on the receiving end of some sort of witch hunt
>All of my constituents suddenly start having problems with Megacorp's services and they say it's my fault

The system is broken.

>be american
>get shot

Not really there just isn't any legal basis to break up Microsoft or Google.

Holy fuck looks like New Jersey

Because cities like Baltimore, Detroit, Chicago, etc where millions of people live in slums are so much better, right? But haha, fuck those yuropoors.

Attached: baltimore.jpg (2916x1944, 3.28M)

Probably is New Jersey from the looks of it.

Holy fuck looks like Argentina

>there's no reason a for profit company can't tell the biggest market on the planet to fuck off

Reverse image search suggests it's in Iraq, which means judging by the cables and satellite dishes means that Iraqis have better internet than most of the midwest.

And you think those 741 million normies will sit still as you censure fb from them? People will take to the streets saying fuck the EU and request exit from it by rioting.

You can't just censure stuff like fb in free countries and expect the people will take it peacefully.

google.com/maps/@47.5553592,18.4500622,3a,75y,16.02h,93.66t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sqlDoYc_GQGyVB-Gt8dHWgQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

>Hungary
No wonder their pretty girls come to our country to become prostitutes.

Gypsies aren't europeans.

>implying everyone in the EU uses FB
>implying even a majority of the EU uses FB
>implying people would be rioting over FB
>implying people would be demanding their country leave the EU over FB
What the actual fuck user. People wouldn't do jackshit. They would jump ship to the next social media site like they always have. If you believe anyone would riot over FB being banned you must have been recently declared clinically brain dead.
You are either a troll, don't even live in Europe, or are so detached from reality that you shouldn't just consider suicide but just do it already. Jesus fucking Christ user.

I want to fuck the zuck, no homo of course.

>Microsoft officially stated that they do, in fact, have backdoors for American government agencies to access your devices through M$ products
Why the fuck would this be legal? Sure, if you're in the US it just might be but what the fuck gives NSA/CIA/FBI the right to access your data and hardware if you're not an American citizen? The very fact that this is possible means the EU should just outright ban Microsoft's OS.
Google does the same because they're also a part of Prism, but I don't think they've officially admitted this like Microsoft did.

>rioting because a website is not available
>leave the EU, especially after the brexit fiasco
they will just use something else. Keep dreaming kiddo

>implying even a majority of the EU uses FB

nigga literally go outside, ask 100 completely random strangers if they use facebook and I bet my ass at least 90 of them will tell you they do. Jow Forums users are in general by no means the average internet user

>People will take to the streets saying fuck the EU and request exit from it by rioting
any country that wants to leave the EU because they lose access to facebook is a good riddance

>nigga literally go outside, ask 100 completely random strangers if they use facebook and I bet my ass at least 90 of them will tell you they do
ive unironically heard people say "ive deleted my facebook" more often than ever in recent years

The EU is only starting to wake up to the brave new world were living in. Give it 10 years and the world will be a much different place. But as long as they don't admit to sending all your data directly into a NSA datacenter there is no legal basis (for the antitrust agencies anyways) to break them up.
While I agree that there is no way in fuck this is legal it simply isn't the job of the EU antitrust agency to deal with it. That is for the EU commission and the EU courts and they just don't want to deal with it or have no idea of technology. Also outright banning any and all MSoft OS's would be economic suicide as the absolute majority of all systems run some windows version.

>3. Whatsapp needs to be a separate company without data sharing with Facebook
Remember way back when FB bought Whatsapp they pinky swore they weren't going to data share?

You don't live in the EU do you? You are another american shitposter that never even was here for a week but you read someone on pol telling you about all the rapefugees and how we are all europoors right? Just neck yourself already you detached imbecile. Literally no one here uses Facebook anymore. The biggest market in the EU for Facebook is Britain and they are leaving the EU right now. Just stop replying already.

Just for reference where do you live?
Not the case in krautland

Always the fucking burgers posting pictures of eastern europe, never of western europe.

More and more people that I know are deleting their account since they started to care about zukk reading their conversation and hear dropping from the phone microphone.

Not the guy you're replying to, but the same is true here. Country: Norway.

Even fucking heroin addicts and homeless people here have facebook.

There is though. Antitrust. With Google in particular we're seeing how it's using its dominance in one market to push its forays into other markets and excluding others.

The heroin addicts have facebook to message their suppliers to get more heroin.

They aren't aggressively buying out competition and using their market edge to push into other markets doesn't fall under antitrust regulation either. If others can't keep up that isn't for the antitrust to worry about. If they were the only one in any of those fields it would be their job to act but there is competition, shitty one yeah but competition.

And their clients (prostitutes). But still, the point is that even the lowest of the lowest have smart phones with facebook and all other forms of services.

Welcome to capitalism

Nah welcome to America.

>741 MIllion muslims will finally be removed from Facebook

This isn't a bad thing desu.

Nothing which can't be done with other apps/services.

That's irrelevant to the point, which is that a majority of people use facebook. Feel free to run around and be an evangelist for telegram or whatever.

If FB gets blocked it will be easy for people to switch over to a better service that respects their privacy more.

Norway isn't part of the EU and isn't bound to our laws.

Yes.

That's only partly true. We are affiliated with the EU through EFTA, which makes it optional for us to accept EU directives or not. However, we have only said no to a single directive during our entire membership.

Yeah technically Norway isn't part of the EU but honestly you kinda are due to as you said EFTA. But I don't know if your govt would decline or accept that directive desu.

It may not be in the EU but it's in the EFTA and EEA. Which means it basically has to adapt to the EU's laws, and has to pay the same taxes as EU member states, but they have no say in making up the laws.

Statistically speaking, we will accept whatever directive the EU gives us.

'tleast we don't have a big case of "the no**rs"

Attached: BLM.jpg (640x480, 50K)

Either way Zucc is fucked whether or not Norway accepts that directive.

Attached: nogger.jpg (522x348, 20K)

That's the wet dream of my company desu.

Please buy me out.

I'm fairly certain that a ban on Facebook would result in people raising their shoulders in most of Europe.

>Euroshitskins go so angry at getting demolished in the other thread they begged the mod to delete it

Imagine being this BTFO in an argument

Attached: 139027891675.gif (260x195, 2.97M)

Well, seeing how Zucc made half a billion NOKs in Norway last year and paid zero taxes to Norway, he's not fucked at all currently. This is because we are trying to please Mr. Trump because his steel tariffs really hurt our aluminium industry.

Man, I wish we had the Anti-trust laws powered up to take down these corporations. EU is doing shit out of our jurisdiction that we could be doing ourselves.

>EU is doing shit out of our jurisdiction that we could be doing ourselves.
How is the EU acting in your jurisdiction?

Can you read you brain-damaged Eurotrash?

Of course right now he isn't fucked, but if the EU takes action he will be pretty fugged. But I actually didn't know that FB was so huge in Norway.

Кaкoй жe тyпoй тpeд eбaть

Pashol nahuj pidar

It was supposed to say a billion and a half, I fucked up. But experts say this estimate is actually low, that it's more likely two billions. And Zucc paid less than half a million in taxes. I apologise the article is only available in Norwegian, but you can probably run it through google translate:

aftenposten.no/okonomi/i/jqOAA/Facebook-har-trolig-milliardoverskudd-i-Norge---betalte-under-500000-kroner-i-skatt

Ah I see, I interpreted it wrong.
"Is doing shit out of our jurisdiction" could mean out[side] of our jurisdiction or out of our [part of] jurisdiction

As in taking it out of our jurisdiction

My Norwegian isn't good enough so translate will do. I really can't wait till this kind of shit will become illegal and all those companies will have to pay up.

Countries decide their own jurisdiction. And they could reasonably argue that if you serve clients within a country you have to apply consumer rights from that jurisdiction. And by extend your business has to follow laws from that jurisdiction.

guy who posted that's what I meant.

I wish Americans could properly speak their own language but I guess it's hard when you have been fed on lead bottles.

The problem with that statement is the possibility of other countries not having companies which provide the same or similar services as an external company. Facebook would pretty much be a monopoly in some countries, since there are no local competitors providing a social network to their fellow countrymen.

That doesn't really matter then. If Company X violates Country Y's laws and get's banned someone will come up with an alternative.

nice to see the situation is slowly improving in detroit. :)

>expecting Europeans to be literate

I have this one Italian shitskin that works as an intern at my workplace.................. and I've quickly come to realize why most job descriptions emphasize English fluency for foreign applicants. Working with that linguistically challenged dumbfuck is a constant headache but there is litttle that we can do about it because of my company's "MUH INTERNATIONAL WORKPLACE" initiative.

Attached: 12037812.jpg (291x343, 11K)

And that's how they get into trouble in that country.
And then Facebook can try to find a solution or face the consequences.

>le token European employees meme
honestly hate companies that do this shit since it becomes a nightmare of miscommunication and office hostility. Not to be a bigot, but the top-tier Euros to work with at an American tech company are
>Brits and Irish (of fucking course. They speak the language and aren't cultural aliens)
>Dutch and Germans (Diligent workers who care enough to not only learn, but master the language)
other than those, the rest really fucking suck. Between the thick as shit accents and the strange mannerisms, it's no shock that the vast majority of foreign workers at the companies i've worked at so far are people from the Anglosphere.

>ITT actual discussion before the amerimutts came and shit everything up

BASED EU

FUCKS EVERY AMERICAN TECH COMPANY IN THE ASS

Cucked by the zucc

Based Trump, teaching our enemies in the EU a lesson so they can't make fun of us anymore.

Hungarians aren't gypsies either.

>Hungarians
They're not even human in the first place. A true embarrassment to this continent

That's honestly what any country should do. The people there should be creating their own websites, not relying on outside ones.
Facebook can pay whatever fines or people to let them continue business. That's all pocket change to them.

>They're not even human in the first place.
yes
>A true embarrassment to this continent
no
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Martians_(scientists)

Remember, it takes two to strike a deal.

true, but if you don't comply they will just copy you.

>Hungary is still a shithole in 2018
>Those scientists emigrated to a wealthier country
>Come from the shittier parts of this continent

Until Hungary reaches first world status, there is absolutely nothing that I will respect about that subhuman shithole. I've visited it twice and I'm not sure why I that.

Do americans really think this way?

>Europeans are too retarded to create their own Social network

Chinese and Russians have done it, why are they still using a foreign social network?

>Hungary is still a shithole
Communism™
They emigrated from Hungary because they saw Communism™ spreading among the people and fled.
Before that Hungary wasn't a poor country.

Why would you waste human resources to create something like that when a social network already exists?

شو بتخبص

Nice try, Zuckerberg

>(((martians)))

Capitalism is an economical model for the power hungry, who would've guessed that?