Hacking

Do you have good books on hacking ?

Attached: mr-robot-saison-4-confirmee.jpg (684x385, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

humblebundle.com/books/cybersecurity-wiley-books?hmb_source=navbar&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=tile_index_2
seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2002/Aug/485
humblebundle.com/books/cybersecurity-wiley-books?hmb_source=humble_home&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_1_layout_index_2_layout_type_threes_tile_index_2
mega.nz/#F!AkxDBLKC!rstPlD2LLiYEtKSBi0sTDg
youtube.com/watch?v=xrYL07hPw4w
youtube.com/watch?v=q5AkBBQWZR4
youtube.com/watch?v=kYHPgaIbA6w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

recently I was cleaning my bookmarks and encountered some user's website link serving books (probably copyrighted) and downloaded 12 GB of content
poor soul if he pays per data served, sorry if you are triggered (wink wink)
there were some "cybersec" books
- Advanced Penetration Testing by Allsopp
- Schneiers books on crypto
- The Art of Memory Forensics by Ligh, Case, Levy, Walters
- Investigating Cryptocurrencies by Knottenbelt
- Malware Analyst's Cookbook
- Practical Reverse Engineering by Dang, Gazet, Bachaalany
- Reversing: Secrets of Reverse Engineering by Eilam
- Security Engineering by Anderson
- The Shellcoder’s Handbook
- threat modeling: designing for security by Shostack
- The Web Application Hacker's Handbook
- Wireshark for Security Professionals

You forgot one of the classics - Hacking: The Art of Exploitation

Also post link

Good book to teach you how to think like a hacker. Bad for anything modern because modern exploit mitigation tehniques render 80% of the book obsolete. With thatacting as a warning, you should still read it!

nah I don't want to be responsible for that guys paycheck

Attached: cat.jpg (946x956, 62K)

give link user

First of all, what do you know about what it means to be a hacker?

humblebundle.com/books/cybersecurity-wiley-books?hmb_source=navbar&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=tile_index_2
Humble Bundle has a cyber security bundle going on right now. I have no idea whether or not they're good.

>2018
>Hacking
You need a college degree and years of understanding in computer science to hack in 2018 there are multiple million dollar firms that create encryption and security and it sure as hell will prevent any tard that reads an article or tutorial, or even download hacking tools from hacking anything

Precisely. Hacking pretty much traces back to the fundamentals of computer science.

The Craft of System Security, Smith and Marchesini
Counter Hack Reloaded, Skoudis and Liston
Cryptography And Network Security, Stallings

This, security is a perpetual arms race after all. OP you should read an old phc zine article called "the real scriptkiddies" if you want to know what it actually takes. Then consider that it was written in 2002, so think of how much the trade has advanced since then. It's not something you learn overnight from a few books.

just got these

Attached: IMG_20180808_103833260.jpg (3264x1840, 2.5M)

I don't know why I got the feeling that a really good book about hacking wouldn't include the word hacking in it, just my brainlet assumption.

I do, but it''ll cost ya

i agree, but i selected them based on recomendations. almost every one with a "hacking" title is for beginners

There's some good information in those books but without practicing in CTFs or VMs you're not going to get anywhere

You're also going to struggle without a genuine computer science education like another user mentioned, self-taught or otherwise.

Any chance you still have that zine? Cant find it on google

Step 1: don't look up how to hack
Step 2: learn cryptography

a lot of these were on humble bundle a few months ago

Some of these are LITERALLY on sale on Humble Bundle right now

I'm gonna go against the grain here and suggest learning all of the skiddie shit you can muster.If you're still interested after a year, move on to more advanced stuff.Learn by breaking into Vm's. Get a wireless router and practice breaking into it using all of the various techniques. I got hooked on Linux by being an edgy faggot with a Backtrack live-cd.

yep turned out it was the full $15 pack

It's on a pastebin. You can easily just search "phc zine the real scriptkiddies".

seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2002/Aug/485

Throw those lil niggas in a Dropbox or some shit.

Aren't those the same books that are in the Cybersecurity 2.0 bundle at Humble Bundle right now?

Are those Humble Bundle books any good?

Quality is usually really decent, I got the previous bundle with some Python/Perl etc books, pretty good and its for charity too

So share the link to that website

>really decent

humblebundle.com/books/cybersecurity-wiley-books?hmb_source=humble_home&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_1_layout_index_2_layout_type_threes_tile_index_2

I have enjoyed:
- Hacking: The Art of Exploitation
- Security Warrior (O'Reilly)
- Security Power Tools (also from O'Reilly)

Can't say I've read much literature on that particular subject though, and even the above books I've only read bits and pieces of.

Oh yeah, and then there's also Mark Ludwig's books on how to write and deploy viruses.

Can you recommend an operating system to learn with? Is any GNU plus+ linux distro batter than others for learning, and would any particular Windows version be useful?

overall just use some linux distro because of the tools but to actually practice exploiting you'll need .isos with said exploits from somewhere like vulnhub.com

Holy shit that dude is so ridiculously full of himself it's almost unreadable.

tfw can't even do half of the things he's talking about

pic related is probably the best hacking book you can get even though its just a reference book really. the rest is just general compsci stuff like networking with python, assembly, and memory management

Attached: rtfm.jpg (324x499, 13K)

Shit books

Best you can do is get a subscription, where you get lots of books/videos with it

I have bought the bundle some people want it ? (But i don't know how to store it on the internet)

you would be SHOCKED how many buisnessess have absolutely terrible security practices. sure, you arent going to take down facebook or steal files from the NSA, but there's still a lot that can be done with some basic knowledge and a bit of creativity

Mega.nz please

mega.nz/#F!AkxDBLKC!rstPlD2LLiYEtKSBi0sTDg

You're a cool guy, user.

Attached: 0f1d1f4122b1a74e796bc93f3cc1dce4.jpg (482x720, 31K)

you can also pirate games with nicknames like skidrow and reloaded
:^)

hacking with c++

Attached: NEO_1337_haxing.jpg (231x218, 7K)

There's a useful source i found called the World Wide Web. Very up to date with all your hacking needs.

here great website to learn hacking !

Attached: 102px-FBI_Pepe.png (102x120, 14K)

www.fbi.gov

serious question now what coding language do you guys recommend for cracking

Obviously Matlab

LabView

C and Python.

Security fags are programmers who can't write good code and had to settle for a sub par position

fuck off

No books needed. Only a YouTube channel called hackersploit, wargames, VMS and null byte

Wish I had saved a brainlet image for this post.

see

Good hacking tutorials

youtube.com/watch?v=xrYL07hPw4w

youtube.com/watch?v=q5AkBBQWZR4

Wishes do get granted sometimes it seems.

How can anyone here even compete?

youtube.com/watch?v=kYHPgaIbA6w

>implying you read anything other than shitposts

Yeah you cant get excited about something without some early wins. Learn the tools, then learn how they work.

true hacker not reading books

thank you very much user. Do you have the epub/mobi files too?