I've heard that black people often leave their TVs on at night to help them sleep...

I've heard that black people often leave their TVs on at night to help them sleep. I never understood how it could help you sleep but do you think it could have something to do with having/lacking an inner monologue? Can you sleep with the TV on?

Attached: image (2).jpg (640x854, 53K)

it's white noise. when i used to live in the ghetto, the black guy who lived above me kept his TV on full volume 24/7.

That's why he had to listen to his music so loudly.

I listen to asmr to sleep. But lm so attentive it cant be any interesting asmr. Like a learning channel or bob ross. Too interesting. Causes me to stay up. Tv too. Even paid programming. Cant sleep.

I used to smack Cartoons on, or some boring shit from dr1 and tv2 we have in denmark, that is so boring you go to sleep right away

White here i used to do the same thing, and ive always had an inner monologue. Its to keep the spirits away.

Nigger comfort blanket, like a baby's mobile.

Attached: baby mobile.jpg (353x424, 22K)

I think it's more of an overactive brain kind of thing that white noise helps. The thinking process is smoothed, subconsciously processor cycles are spent decoding the noise to see if it's a threat, and the brain sends the body signals that everything's ok. When things are silent, self-awareness kicks in and it's like slipping out of gear, all of a sudden your brain is running in place and you get anxious. I had a girlfriend that had the radio on 24/7, and she was smarter than the average roastie. I can't stand classic rock to this day.

I have to keep the tv on or my inner monologue keeps me awake

Attached: 1533948738213.jpg (774x1024, 135K)

>black noise

I usually listen to speedruns because they are so boring. But i think this is also because i am very lonely. So if anybody meets a black guy who keeps his tv on, he might just be so lonesome that any different voice might be therapeutic.

Nooooo .
It has to do with THEY never pay their electric bill and the TV is stolen/looted so no worries about the little things white people conservate.

I do that and I'm not a nig. I need background noise because I've got tinnitus that gets really bad at night

sometimes if the black cloud of depression comes creeping back over, its easier to fall asleep to a movie than the worries in your own head

I listen to old radio shows to fall asleep
When I was young I’d use the tv
I’m not a nigger but having something on has always helped me fall asleep to the point when it’s really quiet I can’t sleep

I can't fall asleep without something playing in the background, usually I put on some hour long ancient aliens/ghost documentary. I also live immediately adjacent to an interstate highway and I've grown so used to the sound of 24/7 traffic that silence bothers me

listening to eurobeat is unironically the best to help me fall asleep

>be me
>be white
>grow up around loud machinery and tools and vehicles and guns becaus my dads not a faggot
>have tennitis
>eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>scilence is not my friend
>sleep with fan and either tv or radio/mp3 player
>have good locks and doors and a gun under pillow because if nigger drop by i cant hear them unless dog spazzes out
>thankfully i live in the woods and havent seen a minority in six months when i visited family near detroit

Depends what you're watching. I find comedy the best to sleep to, as inner laughter turns off inner speech.

Attached: 1539901702944.gif (200x150, 1.65M)

I can sleep with it or without it if I'm really tired. And I prefer with it. Mainly because my inner monologue won't shut the fuck up and I get serious insomnia because my mind won't chill out.

I was almost positive if you can just fall asleep without anything on in the background you have no inner monologue and are an NPC.

>>sleep with fan
based and redpilled

Im a hot sleeper and even if i am freezing because i left the windows open the moving air is very soothing.

Maybe you have tinnitus because your mother is a whore?

I sleep with a white (and therefore superior) noise machine. It helps block out my tinnitus.
Hope it gets better for you, this shit sucks ass.

I do a lot of creative work and need the TV on in order to stop me thinking of said creative work: if I don't have the TV on I'll lay in bed for hours brooding over a project, and then end up not sleeping and getting back to working on said creative project.

> Its to keep the spirits away.

sorry but you're not white my friend

Also good choices. The feeling of cool air circulating around the room, even in the dead of winter, makes me drowsy as hell.

I always have the tv on in the background whether I'm watching it or not, especially when going to sleep. The silence is legitimately deafening otherwise.

Some people need white noise. This isn’t a black thing

it's true what he said about being fucked when the sudo's break into your house and you've slept through all the noise up to the point of the trolley pole coming down on your dopey head though.
having said that it's better than hearing that fucking high pitched whine every single night.

I used to listen to audiobooks at bedtime when I was a kid. Now I do similar as an adult, probably because I'm so used to being told a bedtime story effectively that it's just an effective way to get me to relax rather than being stuck with my own thoughts for ages.

Thats how niggers get their orders from the msm.
It subliminally plays the order :kill whites, blacks are oppressed, you wuz kangz etc

I play podcasts with soothing voices on my phone when I sleep. helps me nod right off. Been using hardcore history lately. taht dud makes me snooze

I got put a-typical antipsychotics because i tiod my doc i couldnt get to sleep because my mind wouodnt shut the fuck up. After a week on those i was fucking bonkers, i slept 20hrs a day but was still half asleep when i was up, didnt knkw what the fuck was a dream or not, felt like another me was in my head, like two diferent minds in the same brain. I wanted to die. Now i just say fuck it and if i cant sleep i shitpost until im tired enough to sleep. Fuck doctors especially paki ones.

I grew up falling asleep to music playing and now can't really get much sleep unless I have a white noise machine playing. I figure that complete silence leaves me to my own thoughts after a while and I get distracted from sleeping by overthinking, so the noise drowns it out.

This

I listen to rain sound

Attached: IMG_2204.jpg (1024x683, 257K)

This

>the eternal anglo needs mummy to read him bedtime stories as an adult

There is nothing better than falling asleep to the sound of a violent thunderstorm with the windows open.

i know those feels...
>grow up in a small house, parents room below mine
>city highway runs behind the trees behind house, in the winder I can see car lights and its loudest
>nights are always the same. Dad snores like a lion, once a night i hear sirens, occasionally I hear same fag roaring his muscle car onto the highway (gas station up the road from house)
>go off to college
>the_sound_of_silence.jpg
>cant fucking sleep
>adapt fan in hot weather and radio in cold weather.

Attached: 1c6.jpg (515x600, 25K)

Niggers need tv because they are afraid of the dark and nature sounds. If you need tv to sleep you are a nigger.

Attached: 20140051_1646038362081033_6170054846518965658_n.jpg (320x320, 16K)

Lol maybe you need a woman to comfort you.

I hear they're a dime a dozen in Korea.

I've heard that white people often leave their TVs on at night to help them sleep. I never understood how it could help you sleep but do you think it could have something to do with having/lacking an inner monologue? Can you sleep with the TV on?

Attached: 1539896220227.png (553x679, 650K)

I listen to old Coast to Coast AM while I sleep. I think it's fucking with my mind

Attached: 1539125529886.jpg (517x525, 140K)

I thought they left it on the same reason I did is it'll make people think your awake and they won't break in.

No. The tv helps drown out the incessant chatter in my head

>white noise
This, I personally use the sound of a fan going as my source of white noise, I used to have one of those alarm clocks that would play the sound of rain but I lost it a long time ago.

I keep it on because it gives me something to focus on instead of my thoughts keeping me up. Also helps me calm down because I'm afraid to sleep. Night terrors.

yeah, exactly this, it's better than "you really should've done this differently in seventh grade" all night

funny enough the only time I have ever done that was when I was sleeping at a niggers house

my brother can't sleep without a fan, even in freezing winter
i also found i really enjoy sleep when it's raining

this.

I like external noises specifically to keep my internal monologue quiet as I try to sleep.
It's because I don't like myself very much.

It has something to do with brainwashing

Attached: 1 (1).jpg (1225x1800, 448K)

This

>Can you sleep with the TV on?
I leave my TV on to sleep all the time

>do you think it could have something to do with having/lacking an inner monologue
I do it because my inner monologue won't STFU, so I need a distraction. I need audio not video

I used to listen to the radio when I was going to sleep. It's quite comfy but if I'm actually listening to it then it's impossible for me to sleep because I'll be thinking about it so I need to just let it be background noise.