Hey Jow Forums...

Hey Jow Forums, Firefox 52 ESR ends in september which means those using the addon session-manager wont be able to do so in FF 60 ESR because of quantum and mozilla ending XUL, what do you plan on doing?

Attached: __aizawa_inori_and_apple_safari_chrome_browser_firefox_google_chrome_internet_explorer_opera_web_bro (640x640, 201K)

continue to use firefox quantum

keep using chromium

I've been using a session manager addon for quantum.

>Firefox 52 ESR ends in september
Fuck, already? I'll just stick with it.

Attached: 1533706004214.jpg (638x640, 89K)

What other choice do I even have?
Google's Firefox
or
Google's Chromium based fork #984756

based

I just use Pale Moon.

I will give this cutie any information she want.

Keep using 52 with JavaScript disabled until the browser shits it self in a few years..

basilisk, waterfox (maybe)
palemoon or seakmonkey if youve given up on trying to rescue your entire profile

Oh god I love this pic

You almost convinced me to use IE.

I switched to vivaldi already, fuck them

Damn already? I thought it already did given that even CentOS already upgraded to Quantum on it's repos.
I'll probably switch to Waterfox or something like that. Maybe IceCat when they update.

>Hey Jow Forums, Firefox 52 ESR ends in september
It already ended, you won't get a new 52 version.

just keep using it if that one extensions is so important to you. It won't just magically stop working one day.

Waterfox

which browser is rms approved?

Attached: 1382067989970.jpg (3000x1688, 1.03M)

Don't use IE, uses Edge.

keep using waterfox

curl

I don't know how people can use forks like that. Are't you worried about the same problem (support dropping)?
I mean it's community maintained after all, isn't it? It's not like mainline where their business depends on it.

I'll worry about that when support for Waterfox actually gets dropped.
Besides there are a ton of Firefox forks already, so when one drops I can effortlessly switch to another.
>but what if they all die
they won't

Use FF ESR 60. Pale Moon and waterfox are useless trash.

IceCat

>ending XUL
This is a good thing. XUL has a ton of security issues and is flawed. The new addon system is good. Any non-abandoned addons have already been ported. All good addons got quantum support on day 1.

dam she cute

keep with my qutebrowser

>still no media keys support
>still no minimize to system tray
absolutely garbage
The only reason I'm not using chrome is that their tabs are retarded

>no minimize to system tray
What?
>The only reason I'm not using chrome is that their tabs are retarded
That's far from the only thing wrong with chrome. Their settings layout is shit and no about:config makes it unusable.

Attached: the_king_speaks.png (756x481, 101K)

old firefox had a minimize to system tray addon and there's no equivalent in the new API, same for media keys

Fair enough.

I wonder why don't browser prefetch logout page

Is there a downthemall that works like the xul version yet?

Why would you need or want this? And this shouldn't be a feature in the browser, it should be a tray feature to keep any program inside.

switch to waterfox

I'll try the new version and if I can't get it comfy I'll use vivaldi instead.

>why would you
you shouldn't be asking those questions.
different people have different needs, addons exist because of that, deal with it

Continue using Chrome

Google's Chrome

I have FF 56 for general browsing and everything works.
When shit starts to break i'll move onto a different browser.
There's a few addons and features that kept me on Firefox for years which are either removed or degenerated on Quantum and without them I simply have no purpose for this browser.
I'll probably move to Opera when shit starts breaking down completely.

Attached: 1517681004181.jpg (500x501, 83K)

I've been unironically using internet explorer with no issues for while now

>XUL has a ton of security issues and is flawed
not the fault of XUL
>The new addon system is good
no it isn't it's limited by design and thus utter garbage
>Any non-abandoned addons have already been ported
factually wrong because you can't port certain things because there will never be any compatibility with the required apis
>All good addons got quantum support on day 1.
no you tool.

Qutebrowser

>b-but why would you want that feature!!

>All good addons got quantum support on day 1.
And most of them have half the features they used to have with XUL, or are inferior versions of all the good addons, therefore they are now shit addons.
>The new addon system is good.
Is shit because of the above reasons as well as the fact that the only two reasons to justify castrating the abilities of addons in lieu of security are:
- Your inability to provide security while retaining 100% functionality because that requires good programming skills, and you are shit at your job.
- Your inability to provide security while retaining 100% functionality because you are lazy.
Security based on self-admitted incompetence/laziness is untrustworthy from the get-go.

Therefore all your arguments are invalid.

Edge-chan is so cute I'm using her browser right now uwu

So make an addon for this

>they are now shit addons.
What makes XUL so good?
>all your arguments are invalid.
No, u.

I CAN'T BECAUSE THERE'S NO FUCKING API FOR WHAT I NEED DO YOU EVEN READ

Why is your system tray shit? It's clearly the fault of your OS.

Keep using ESR.

Do any of you guys still have addons that haven't been ported over to web extensions yet? It might be worthwhile to check.

Already migrated to quantum from ESR months ago. All the addons I use are already available for quantum. I haven't experienced the laggyness caused by multiples addons installed yet like what happened when using pre-quantum FF.

I'll keep using ESR because after that FF switched to GTK3-only and the GTK3 file picker is hot garbage.

Fixed in openSUSE on every DE.

No. Almost everything privacy related was ported immediately when quantum was released, the rest has been ported in less than a few months. The only important addons for me are uBlock Origin and cookie autodelete.

>What makes XUL so good?
It gave more ability and workspace to addons to work with. Abandoned addons aren't abandoned, but simply can't work as they are intended to on the new platform because of limitations, therefore many authors decided not to degenerate their addons, while many ported addons degenerated (Stylsh management system for example).
MenuWizard, Context Menu Image Saver, old Flash Video Downloader which actually works unlike the newer versions, even the new session managers as they work on Quantum are shit, more freedom to work with the browser UI, opening youtube videos via 3rd party application, proper vertical tab support unlike the new degenerated shit, many things can be listed.

Everything above is not a security deterrent unless you are too fucking incompetent or lazy to plan and implement a security and management system with a new addon ecosystem while providing access and alteration abilities to addons that retain the usual functionality threshold of the XUL platform.
It's the job of a competent programmer to provide security without sacrificing function or imposing limitations on software, which requires planning and effort and skills.
However Mozilla has neither of the above traits by venue of creating what they created, therefore even claims on security can't be trusted.
If you can't even retain functionality of an addon ecosystem while implementing security then why should anyone put trust in your ability to provide proper security? You've already admitted you are shit at programming.

>curl
>not wget

Use Waterfox and for XP use Roytam1’s Basilisk builds.

I use the replacement Tab Sessions, it's not as powerful as session manager, and I found it a bit buggy (probably due to API limitations) but it works well enough for my use case, which is not losing my hundreds of tabs when Fx crashes

Google Ultron is the only correct answer

Doesn't IceCat depend on non-free libraries?

Same thing I'm doing with Windows 7 :^)

stupid question - what's ESR?

Extended
Support
Release

Oh, I thought it might be something like that.
What's wrong with Quantum, then?

lack of xul
shit basic design
and generally worsening quality of the software
the reasons are commonly brought up

Please stop taking the bait. It's not worth it user.

Related to the image:
>preload
>prefetch
I remember users receiving trojans and virusses by pages and links they never used just because of these "features" loading the content nevertheless. These features are also horrible for users with limited bandwith or a slow connection. Oh and there were also privacy issues.

Fucking browser speed bullshit. Speed is nice but functionality matters more. Pls delete that image. It may cause harm.

I've been on version 52 (non ESR) for a while now and shit still holds up.

Norwell. And any other thing that isn't possible anymore from profile managers to security addons to firebug and everything else. Fucking mozilla, bunch of retards

1)
check if qutebrowser has implemented something like noscript for firefox (likely not so w/e)
2)
check some DE specific browsers like epiphanty and what's the default browser for KDE
3)
start using some shitty hobby browser like suckless surf and implement something like noscript to it.

>check if qutebrowser has implemented something like noscript for firefox (likely not so w/e)
It does have a per-domain JS setting.

do I have to manually edit some black/white list or does it have inbuilt user interface for it?

Just use quantum's builtin sessions and make a session back up with mozbackup every now and then. Less of a hassle than I used to have with Session Manager anyway.

The Fuschia browser, by Google™.

So far there is no session-manager for quantum due to missing API's. :(

The current session addons for quantum suck.

well, Tile Tabs has a web extension version, but it's pure shit because of course there's no appropriate api for what it wants to do.

Which browser is the most optomized? Icecat?

Edge lacks of feature that I need, I only need 'drag text to the new tab' which sometimes works sometimes not. They fix it though as far as I know for the next iteration, and even have feature that I really like on safari, look up to dictionary. So I might try Edge when I update my windows to the new iteration next fall.

Basically this.
There are so many segfaults while I'm working I could tolerate before saying "fuck it" and just installing Google's Totally Not Chrome.
Sad about WebRTC though. Can't (read: "don't know how") disable on chromium.

>he doesnt know about libpng vulnerabilities

>doesn't use the standard output by default

Attached: vomit.jpg (900x1200, 213K)

Probably surf tbqh

it uses qt doesnt it? most of the code is gpl compatible but stallman still has a hateboner for it since the days that it wasnt.
besides, webkit/blink sucks and it excutes nonfree js.
the onpy gnu approved browser is icecat.

Unironically Microsoft Edge

Stallman has a hateboner for just about everything because he is a bitter old boomer. At this point, if you favor software that he hates, you're better off

How can a dog puke that much?

Oh gee. If only there was a way to move all my saved bookmarks to another fork in case that happens and then I have to install about a dozen addons and tweak the settings all over again! It's sooo hard

For now I stick with Waterfox, but I'm keeping an eye on Falcon. I like what they have done so far but it still crashes regularly so it's not quite there yet.

Holy fuck, now I feel kinda bad for not using windows anymore
How does edge work?

>I'll just stick with it.

Attached: 24e.jpg (500x333, 30K)

It is on all GNU aproved distros so my guess is no.

Just switch to the Google botnet already. Firefox runs like shit and is a memory hog.

>all browsers are the same to me so it's fine as long as I have my bookmarks
jej

jej

>not using the superior nightly

Attached: 1314303778636.jpg (400x300, 36K)

It ends on the 23 of this month. Icecat 60 needs to hurry up.

>c-change is bad
>muh outdated 10 year old niche addons with 20 users total

Attached: i don't like thing.png (500x628, 298K)

>change can't be bad
jej

Just switch to a stable release of firefox already. Quantum is great for browsing (dev tools are WAY behind chromium, though) and it runs amazing on underpowered hardware. You won't be able to run away from WebExtensions, so just embrace them already.