How do you read your ebooks, Jow Forums?

How do you read your ebooks, Jow Forums?
Anything good on Fdroid?

Attached: eBook.jpg (970x546, 86K)

I have a kindle 10 2017. It works great.

Modded kindle. It has more books than my local bookstore. eInk is GOAT. I have the Harry Potter Ravenclaw "book of spells" hand-binded hard cover case so it feels like a real book. I even have the PDF mod so it renders pdfs better than a standard non-modded kindle. It has chess too. It also has the alternative math symbols fonts so I can read math books. My kindle > every thing anyone else has.

I prefer analog books desu.

isn't Kindle locked down to expensive Amazon app store for ebooks?

Haha, I don't.

What is the best/cheapest e-ink reader for manga.
Pref with a backlight

Everyone does but those cost money and you can't carry a shelf with you

I looked for simpler shit but ebookreader on f-droid hooked me with one little feature: it turns horizontal even though my phone is locked on portrait mode.
I'm too stupid to give features to programs and don't want to activate automatic screen rotation. So there.

lel sizelets

Attached: kindle_vs_onyx.jpg (3522x2314, 1.99M)

the fuck is this chinkshit ?

nah, you can put whatever you want on it just have to convert it to .mobi first. I use calibre to do that

For papers I prefer my ipad, sure the glare is awful, but I can see the damm colors of the graphs.

A 10 inch, android, e-reader with an micro SD card slot with a stylus

Buy a Kindle, register it, and stick it in a drawer somewhere.
Install Calibre on a Windows or Linux machine, and the Kindle DeDRM plugin.
>Now you can buy Kindle books and liberate them.
Install FBReader for reading on Android, or buy a Kobo for DRM free reading.
Kobo Aura One.

I've been using Moonreader+ on my Android tablet and phone, but I should invest in a proper e-ink reader for sure. Maybe a Kindle.

Kobo touch c and KA1

iPad mini 4 with iBooks.
Works like a charm.

fbreader

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-09-01-02-43.png (480x854, 298K)

I got a fully functioning Kobo Touch for 2 dollarinos at a garage sale because the owner lost the original USB cable. I would be willing to bet money the only tech device she had in her house was an iPhone.

>reading on a tablet

LOOOOOOOOOOOL
get an Ereader faggot

that was the question.

Seconding this. FBReader is your best option on Android (and it's on f-droid).
IMO it's really only worth using with a black background on an OLED display, otherwise I'd just fork out for a second hand kindle / kobo something.

Attached: Screenshot_20180809-111415.png (1440x2560, 334K)

Google Play books is good. Keeps all your books in the cloud.

Attached: 1200px-Google_Play_Books_icon_-_vector.svg.png (1200x1200, 31K)

Im looking forward to the lenovo yoga book 2.

If it really has one 10" eink screen it will be the fucking perfect device for my PhD.

PDF: iPad
AZW: Kindle

Moon+ reader

ebooks: kindle touch (50€)

pdf: second hand 10' galaxy 2 tab (50€ shipped and with cover).

Calibre to manage my shit.

Attached: obama coniglio assassino lol.jpg (496x493, 84K)

ereader tech literally hasn't advanced for over a decade

You guys dont use Kindle Paperwhite? Its much better than the normal Kindle IMO.

It's literally $20 tech being sold for 6x more than it's worth

>isn't Kindle locked down to expensive Amazon app store for ebooks?
>modded

non-touch, jailbroken Kindle

Kindle Paperwhite, since Calibre converts to mobi on the fly and many books are not formatted to my liking (spacing instead of indents for paragraphs, text isn't justified) I just couldn't be assed to pay 20USD more for Kobo/Aura/etc. Converting is so easy I can't really justify the cost of an open formats device.

I don't, e-book reader is easier to use with one hand when eating or stroking my dick with the other hand.

You won't use it. The phone is way more convenient, despite the smaller screen. I have a kobo and tablet collecting dust because I just load everything on my phone.

With my eyes and brain. You dumb cuck.

I use a kindle I found in the trash that I nursed back to health.
Lucky for me the previous owner was a real bookworm.

This.

I use a jailbroken kindle paperwhite that I never even registered.
If you download your books in azw/mobi format you can copy them without hassle.
For all the other formats just use calibre.

You don't have to mod it. Just use Calibre and it's thing to send ebooks to the Kindle. They get stored on the Kindle as "documents," but they read just like a book. If you start messing with Calibre add-ons and shit you can get the Amazon ebook features sort of working on your books too.

Mango/comic sometimes looks like shit because of the .mobi conversion so fuck that.

I wanted to buy some ebook reader but everything is so fucking tiny and bigger models are so fucking expensive that I would need to sell my kidney to earn money for this shit

You can blame the patent jews for that.

On my phone, night mode and lightweight readers like Lithium have the least impact on battery life.
Plus, I can take virtually my dozens of gigabytes of books anywhere I go. PDF and epubs.

color e-ink never

My Kindle 4 is still running strong. Sure the material is slowly desintegrating but as long as it works I can't really justify buying a new one just yet.

What model are you using and what mod do you have installed? I used to convert pdfs to be more readable on my kindle but it's not working so well.

>writing on books
You must be over 18 to post on this site

Kindle paperwhite 2017

For manga resize the images to the correct resolution and put in into /picture/mangatitle-chapternumber/, kindle is shit for resizing, do it on pc.

kobo glo with coolreader or phone with coolreader

But I can't install chess and pokemon with calibre. I can't install the PDF optimizer with it either. I only use calibre to manage my library. Everyone already knows about it.

I'm a minimalist, so I have multiple kindles with over 7000 books on a single book shelf. The one I use the most is my original kindle touch. I bought for $10 because someone broke it, but I like fixing things. I write my own mods for the most part, but a good start is FBreader, however I hated its interface so I'd get the source and change it.

Moon+ reader on my tablet. Don't mind the weird colors, I chose them to test blue light filtering

Attached: Screenshot_20180809-193129.jpg (768x1024, 344K)

You guys are fags. Not everyone wants to read on their phone. Stop assuming people are like you.

I bought an older kobo for 30 bucks, read one book on it and never touched it again
I do read a lot of manga on my thinkmeme tablet though

was given a kindle keyboard 3 then upgraded to a kindle paperwhite, backlight is fucking worth it

Kindle Paperwhite 2nd generation here, I like it, also take an old Kindle 4 to work to read in my lunch break.

Kobo aura one
pretty great

Kobo aura H2O edition 2
After more than a year of waiting we finally got working KOReader support, now I can actually read epubs without random 10seconds freezes when loading pages.

How does Koreader work?
Do modded Kindles let you use other file formats?

It's the shit on android, nothing comes close.

seconding this
The 7.8 inch screen is great for Manga and with KOreader even pdf can be read conveniently

I have a Kindle Paperwhite thats fine for ebooks, i would like a tablet for reading comics and more complex PDFs however. an iPad seems like a reasonable option, but there is just something about the Surface Go that is appealing, unless there any other decent alternatives.

i gave my left nut for a sony digital paper and i need a lamp.

sonyshit is overpiced

Which Android tablet would be the best for someone wanting mainly to read PDFs on it?