Have you lost any tech due to lightning strikes?

Have you lost any tech due to lightning strikes?

Attached: 1502998712425.jpg (849x1200, 195K)

I wanna fug Aqua

Well once i poured orange juice on my desktop computer and it broke

Didn't know about surge protectors till three years ago when a lightning strike blew a cap in my PSU.

I was updating the bios when a thunderstorm suddenly appeared and caused a power outage.

Does radio frequency interference count? If so then a laptop power supply. Was fucking around with high voltage and accidentally made a spark gap transmitter

worst girl

no offense

Attached: 1528089897128.jpg (1920x1080, 357K)

Paedo.

Thankfully, no.
Whenever it lightnings I immediately unplug my adapter, I ain't frying my SSD.

no but explosion magic on the other hand

>claims she's the worst girl
>proceeds to post a wonky mongoloid GMO beta female

Attached: 1455891551200.jpg (456x620, 29K)

Just an old Nintendo Wii, and I think that’s about it. Whole thing got fucked.

>leaving your devices plugged in during an electrical storm

Attached: shiggerydiggerydoo.jpg (250x250, 10K)

pedophilia is not a crime

:^)

bitch please

Attached: 1528114883258.png (4096x2160, 1.92M)

You are right. Your pic contains worst girl.

Lost an oldass TV to a lightning strike. That's about it though.

You're not wrong. Megumin is indeed the worst.

Can't blame you newfags for not watching 90s classics but you should be aware that world is not limited to the last decade.

Attached: LinaProfile.jpg (298x420, 33K)

>not using a surge protector in the %CURRENTYEAR%

Up next on 4...

Attached: iknowhowtheythinkiwasoneforchristssake.png (850x477, 429K)

Before I had a surge protector yes. It killed the sound, internet and half the usb ports on my mobo. And also killed my phono preamp. I took it apart to diagnose it, but too much crap was wrong. It did make me realise what a complete waste of money most audio equipment is though. $500 for maybe 25 components and the shittiest made circuit board I have ever seen.

Back in 2012, end of year month, not raining or anything, just a a few lightning here and there in the early evening. Sounded pretty far, nothing out of ordinary I thought. So I woke up from my bed as I wanted to play some games. For some reason, I am still not sure why till this day, I felt nope, and just went downstairs and decided to watch my brother play some video games instead. A few minutes later, BOOM

>Destroyed antennae
>A hole in the roof
>Power went out due to 2 broken breakers
>Lost my whole PC
>Fried mobo, processor, ram, 1 seagate HDD and monitor
>The seagate one was new but interestingly my older WD lived for another 5 years
>3 TVs kaput
>A blown ceiling fan controller
>Burst a couple of light bulbs
>Fried Dad's PC network card and his router
>And plenty of burst out sockets, literally obliterated

That day we lost around 20k worth of damages from a lightning struck on our TV antennae. Insurance only able to cover a fraction of it.

>not having lightning rod
You had it coming.

Technically not my shit, but I remember in elementary school they had a vintage Macintosh that they kept around for who-knows-why that I think was loaded with a few games to keep the autists entertained. Then some thunderstorm some time back rolled through and apparently it died as a result because they didn't have it on a bar of some variety. This was many many blue moons ago.

The only thing ive lost was a Ubiquity edge router lite 3. eth0 died. lucky they replaced under warranty.

Not even once

My friend did.
> He's at work
> His wife plays some games
> strike
> PC powers off
> LAN port is gone
Lazy ISP workers, I swear.
Half a year later:
> SATA ports are gone, PC is stuck at booting after POST
It was a GA-970A-UD3, I have more respect for Gigabyte since then, it survived half a year after that incident.

lol, silly brit

No. I always unplug everything when a storm comes by.

No, because I'm not retarded and my house has a conductor

My neighbor's home theater was fried a couple months ago in the worst thunderstorm I've ever witnessed. The lightning traveled down one of his trees and came into the house through the underground cable line. Cheap bastard won't even pay to have his tree inspected or removed so there's a 100' tree split from top to bottom looming over our heads.

i want to fug megumin

>lightning strikes near
>internet goes down
>computer still on
>sytem log full of errors about network driver
>network card is ded

Not the modem nor any other component failed. The system didn't even crash. Meanwhile my neighbor's whole system fried from the same lightning strike.

No but my previous ISP basically stopped existing because all their hardware was fried by one.

Old Sony tube TV from the late 80s. Damn thing was old enough to vote before a strike killed it. I loved waving my hand over it's glass screen as a kid to feel the static.

>I loved waving my hand over it's glass screen as a kid to feel the static.

Attached: man_of_culture.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

I need to read the story about this

My computer stopped working after an electrical storm. Must have been a power surge... power adapters fitted for such surges do not do much.

Lightning strike killed my ADSL modem and the motherboard's network chip. In a large apartment building, on the second floor. It also caused a weird glitch that took a month to resolve. Internet connection wouldn't work even with a new network card and modem, and I thought it must have been physical damage in the building. Eventually it turned out to be something the ISP fixed on their side, somehow.

A single strike fried a NIC on my roommate's computer, killed my 980Ti and the HDMI port on my old 1080p monitor. Still use that panel actually, the VGA input works fine so I have it wired to my rack KVM.

Ended up buying a UPS for my non rack equipment after that.

Nope. I've been also pretty careless about it. My dad is very fucking precautious about it, it's the polar opposite.

>tfw I have TN-C system in house
life is suffering

It wasn’t a lightning strike but my poorfag friend lived in this shitty house with his mom many years ago (still lives with his mom though just in a different house) and one year in the winter it got to the single digit temperatures so he plugged in like 3 space heaters in his room and blew the circuit, which somehow also fried his motherboard and CPU.

It took him almost 10 years to get a new computer because he doesn’t have or want a job. He sold runescape gold to get the cash.

I know you lost a Apple laptop and had it replaced for free.

Attached: FF7F5D0F-BC0F-4354-8156-58D3DB4BC9C6.jpg (640x454, 36K)

>lightning strikes my computer
>it still works, although turning it on is a bit iffy

i have a whole house surge suppressor that covers my 240v appliances, can't wait for a lightning strike!

it's better to plug them in to keep the ground to earth. cut the other 2 lines at the breaker

Ive lost a crt monitor, motherboard port, some old old tvs that I never actually use.

Had grounding and thunderstorm protection.

I didn't.
The funniest thing is almost all of my neighbors in the same street did. There's a dude living across from me that looses a router every time a big storm hits.

there was whole lot of dust tho

I got hit last week.
Lost 9 tvs in my house, antennas, and everything connected to them. That includes my pc which was connected via a hdmi cable and not even grounded. gpu, psu and mobo are gone, the first one took another display with it as well. Still no idea about the cpu or rams, at least disks and peripherals survived. No insurance by the way.

My TV HDMI ports

> 9 tvs in my house
9 TVs! Nine! I can imagine three or four, but I can't fathom what would you do with nine.

>he doesn't use M.2

same

no but I fried a mobo by turning my pc on and off while trying to fix fucking issues.

Yes. Even a surge protector didn't help. Blew up a corsair psu cap.
Surprisingly, I had another computer on it with a chink psu which was on at the time and nothing happened besides shutting off because of power outage caused by the strike. In fact nothing else died that day. How the fuck is that even possible? Did I get gypped?

Lightning struck the house I was renting couple years back and blew out my LAN port. The router was literally melted, that was pretty neat. Nothing besides that took a hit interestingly enough.
Fwiw the comp was turned off and plugged into a surge protector.

no but it's a matter of time where i live
i think ive lost power at least once a month this year. my good psu is probably the only thing that saved my pc

A HDD

TVs don't vote you nerd.

I should be fine with a surge protector and good PSU, right?

I'm sure WD would love to have your testimony for their ads

Attached: download.jpg (287x176, 7K)

Wow, what kind of shit ass insurance do you have

decoration?

Only time was a VCR like 20 years ago.