What motherboard form factor is most aesthetic?

What motherboard form factor is most aesthetic?

Attached: motherboad_sizes.jpg (800x533, 414K)

Standard ATX, clearly.

that XL-ATX motherbaord look like it has a machine gun magazine on it.

The E-ATX looks like it has something similar to the top view of a glock.

the HPTX looks like it has a bulletproof vest on it.

SSI EEB.

Tbh what's the difference between mini atx and micro atx ? I wanted to put my z77-ma-s01 into something smaller but those all chasis have micro atx while my board is just mini lol any clue?

m-atx

BTX obviously

ATX, has enough slots, yet isn't dysfunctionally big.

Micro-ATX is pretty dope actually
>Still 4 RAM slots
>Same size I/O as ATX
>Still enough room for SLI/XFire (Assuming it's not dead yet)
>Allows for smaller, more aesthetic cases that don't take too much room

Mini-ITX is probably the future but what about muh quad-channel RAM?

>Mini-ITX is probably the future but what about muh quad-channel RAM?
SO-DIMMs.

Micro-ATX is the smallest you can go and still have some decent PCI expansion. Mini-ITX is super tight with room enough for 1 vidya card.

mATX

ATX

Attached: 1522105879551.gif (332x332, 2.65M)

BTX

micro-ATX is stupid why build a computer if you have no PCI slots. sure its cute to make a console computer but why not just get a laptop and a external GPU to have a even smaller computer.

all the sizes are retarded beside ATX

XL-ATX isn't large enough to add any new features and 3/4 sli is dead.

the two x2 cpu boards are dumb server shit and for retarded streamers that get 10,000 origin pc's.

I mean mini-ATX I guess im stupid ;(

the idea motherboard is probably as thin as a min-atx but as long as a standard atx so you can still plug things in to it over its decade long life span.

sure in the 2000s/2010s we haven't had many PCI cards because onboard sound is good and PhysX and Sli are failures. but imo with CPU advancing slower we will keep our computers longer and it will make more sense to get PCI ethanet cards and PCI DSD audio cards and PCI usb4.0 or what ever cards instead of buying a new CPU/mobo/ram

you enthusiasts might lol at that and just buy a new computer for that shit but I used a core2duo oc to 4.5ghz from 2008-2017 and I expect to use my 7600k at 5.x ghz until 2030 at this rate.

also wouldnt be suprized if they make coprosessor cards for AI and shit rather that put that on CPU but who knows.

like the thing that will make current CPU obsolete is not having enough single PCIe lanes for GPUs right? they all 16x atm and our cards are just barely using over 8x atm. what time frame would that put on the PCIe slots? power and stuff should be fine right?

Micro ATX won't let you use as much wattage as ATX, you can't overclock Ryzen 7 CPUs for example. Look out how much juice your CPU needs, I have a micro ATX board with Ryzen 5 2600x which doesn't use more than 95 Watt and the boards maximum is 95 Watt, so always check if it suits you.
It's called Mini ITX and they all have a PCI x16 slot.

I mean mini-ATX not the ITX cus really some cases and sites have it listed and I'm just stuned cus I didn't recall anything like that

Attached: mini-atx.png (219x78, 3K)

yer but Mini ITX is fucked when DSD audio becomes the norm (look it up its basically analogue digital audio and sony is already selling it) it will require a PCI soundcard. and they will also be fucked if a faster ethernet comes out or wireless or AI coprocessor

the reason I ask how long pci x16 slots will last thou is my 2008 core2duo I used until 2017 but a friend had same cpu but his motherboard stopped supporting new GFX cards because of power shit in 2011 you could trick them to boot some how but never worked it out. he ended up upgrading but I kept using same core2duo at 4.5 and getting 60fps in every thing beside bf4 at 45+ fps.

>Mini ITX is fucked when DSD audio becomes the norm (look it up its basically analogue digital audio and sony is already selling it) it will require a PCI soundcard.
Yeah, in like 10 years. Implying you won't be able to just add an external Audio interface if you really need to. DSD is kind of a shit argument because barely anyone will care about this Audiophile meme.

so if mini ITX doesn't have PCI slots whats its fastest external connection USB3.0? do they have m2 slots? m2 slot is same speed as PCI right?

just wondering like would it be possible to run like a 1000gbs ethernet over usb3.0 or a AI coprocessor or some new storage medium/media? just wondering. no hate on Mini ITX I like it but mostly for the cute.

is that a fucking mag?

Attached: 1533795172762.jpg (800x533, 208K)

DSD isn't 10 years away apple will have it in a new iPhone in like 1-2 years.

Mini ITX. I don't even need a new Mobo but I'd toss out my 970 krait just to use a mini ITX. Too bad FX chips have no mini ITX boards...

>DSD is kind of a shit argument because barely anyone will care about this Audiophile meme.

Was kind of wondering how worthwhile DSD was. I mean audiophiles fall for literally anything, but seems high bitrate flac outperforms it in some areas loses in others. DSD file size is excessive as well.

making a computer half the size isn't really worth loosing the ablity to overclock and expand it.

All modern boards come with USB 3.1, even my cheap Gigabyte board has only 3.1 and two 2.0 slots for mouse and keyboard and you can get boards with Thunderbolt 3.

DSD audio uses a equations rather than steps in the audio.
its literally Analogue VS Digital

DSD is analogue basically if you dont think you can hear the diference of analogue vs digital (i dont blame you its hard to hear nice analogue music now beside a shitty vinyl) but its very noticable its not a audiophile thing. go find a cassette player and buy a tape of some music you like in good quality off ebay for afue bucks and compare it to a digital file.

its night and day its not "subjective"

yer but that doesnt answer my question is USB3.1 and thunderbolt 3 fast enough to run future things like faster ethernet and more complex audio and ai coprocessors and new media/storage devices. or is PCI still win in that department.

fpbp

3.1 has a transfer speed of 5GB/s and Thunderbolt up to 40GB/s

Micro-ATX>ATX>>>>>All other

ye I think that it's z79 g1 sniper or something like that, I heard that one of those were destroyed with a PC while some guy traveled on a plane, cus hur weapon !

the one without RGB and GAYMUR in name

i like em small desu

Mini-ITX
Even though mobo spec scheme is retarded because mini is smaller than micro in engineering terms.

In fact why not name mini nano and even smaller pico?

mini isn't smaller than micro*

Maybe we'll see the adoption of some kind of.. "dual core" RAM, let's call it Integrated Twin SODIM for now. But basically functionally two sticks of ram on a single stick.

nano-itx when

ATX

Pico-ITX exists.

mini-ITX has one slot, for the graphics card if you don't have integrated graphics.
sound is onboard.
ethernet is onboard.
wifi is an m.2 module.

what do you need additional PCI slots for?

HPTX
we need to go bigger

unironically this and not just aesthetically

>Micro ATX won't let you use as much wattage as ATX, you can't overclock Ryzen 7 CPUs for example.
Maybe your Micro ATX board, but you're not speaking for them all. There's a fair few mATX boards out there that'll push an 8 core Ryzen to the CPU's capability.

Yes, because stock Ryzen 7 only uses 95 Watt. I'm talking about overclocking.
Show me one AM4 mATX board with more than 95 Watt.

MITX

fuck rest really, i like minimalist stuff. USB 3.1 is everything you need.

There are mITX boards with Thunderbolt 3.

x370m pro4 ?

people actually do that? Apply paste the wrong way? What the fuck

>what do you need additional PCI slots for?
second GPU, capture card, SATA card, nvme raid card, usb card

Attached: IMac_G5_inside.jpg (1024x768, 316K)

>Ryzen 7 only uses 95 Watt
You're talking out of your ass. Read up on TDP, you can use that number for exactly dicko.
Anyways you have a point in that the mATX lineup for AM4 has been weak. But they're out there, you just need to look for the boards.

Standard ATX, black/grey/white

Thin-ITX > Mini-ITX > Micro-ATX for gaymurs and people who need power for CAD, science and stuff >>> Everything else >>> ATX.

I never seen E-ATX in real life but why so many smaller motherboards use e-atx power supply?

You're an idiot. The B450 Mortar for example is more than capable of pushing the 2700X beyond what it's capable of, and the VRM continue without sweat. The difference between ATX and mATX is the bottom's cut short. The real estate in which the VRM are normally placed aren't real impacted apart from the top PCIe slot is normally shifted to the top slot on the case.

The Macbook Pro with Touchbar logic board is the most aesthetic.

Attached: EEI4GHk3jnFGMJHc.jpg (6533x4900, 2.37M)

*autistic

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

LOL

they'll probably move it to a serial bus, like SATA

>second GPU, capture card
that's for gaymer kids
>SATA card, nvme raid card, usb card
things you don't actually need because the onboard stuff is plenty.

/thread

Mini-STX

R u nu

mini itx is uber kawaii!! x3c \(^w^)/

The ASUS X79 WS-E is the sexiest motherboard there is

Attached: asus_p9x79e_ws_01_thumb.jpg (680x367, 37K)

*every single capacitor on the board fails*
Nothin personnel kid

>proper heatsinks for the VRMs
I came

um that's only your board, form factor has nothing to do with VRMs on a quality board.

>caring about the appearance of computer parts when you are never going to fucking look at them

That's what that is supposed to be.. a gun magazine

>m2 slot is same speed as PCI right?
Depends on the M.2 key. M.2 M-keys on current boards tend to support SATA 6Gb/s, PCIe 3.0/x4 (3.94GByte/s), or else both of these.
>would it be possible to run like a 1000gbs ethernet over usb3.0
USB 3.0 is limited to 5Gb/s, so you couldn't run 10Gb/s ethernet over it without getting bottlenecked. However, USB 3.1/Gen2 can do 10Gb/s and I think Thunderbolt 3 can do 40Gb/s; both of these can be found on current mITX boards, although I think Thunderbolt 3 is still Intel-only right now.

PC-XT
/thread

one of them dont exist

We need to go deeper

Attached: VIA_Mainboards_Form_Factor_Comparison.jpg (1008x338, 154K)

Attached: kekkk.jpg (480x360, 23K)

but muh io

>no love for dual socket e-atx boards

Attached: dual 8 core 64 gb w quadro 8gb.jpg (4608x3456, 3.92M)

>*autistic throttling*

>only two sockets
Why does x86 scale like shit?