<wdg/> - Web Development General

Previous:
>Free beginner resources to get started
Get a good understanding of HTML, CSS and JavaScript.
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn - a good introduction (independent of your browser choice)
freecodecamp.com
codecademy.com
hackr.io

>Further resources
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web - excellent documentation for HTML, CSS & JS
github.com/kamranahmedse/developer-roadmap - Frontend+Backend learner-path suggestions
youtube.com/watch?v=Zftx68K-1D4 - Web Development in 2018 - A Practical Guide

jsfiddle.net - Use this and post a link, if you need help with your HTML/CSS/JS

Attached: wdg.png (822x552, 814K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jsbin.com/rupitoheka/edit?js,console
developer.wordpress.org/
genesistutorials.com/visual-hook-guide/
briangardner.com/code/
microsoft.com/net
localhost:3000/app
youtube.com/watch?v=k06lLDDe-b4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/External_sorting
miscentralized.com',
mega.nz/#!S7hVHRwB!ztpnw9Ev2DyG2qcNlg10rkbOLzalJbFF8u5ieVMBbZk
udemy.com/mern-stack-front-to-back/
foliotek.github.io/Croppie/
fengyuanchen.github.io/cropperjs/
github.com/GoogleChrome/puppeteer
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's a good framework for WORDPRESS?

I'm using Genesis, and it seems to be good.
But I'm having a hard time actually fitting my fukkin' HTML into it.
A Youtube video recommends that you insert EVERYTHING into WP with the "WIDGETS" utility apparently ...

Seems a bit stupid.

Looking for pro-tips from anyone with WP experience ? ? ?
I want something beautiful, easy and efficient.

So I'm a usual old-school web dev (mostly multi-page websites with php/html/css and shit) and I got assigned a task to make a cross-platform compatible social feed type of app. What the fuck do I use? Angular+Nativescript? Cordova? React?
The last time I did anything mobile related was on iOS 4.2.1 and holy shit the market is so oversaturated with those half working frameworks. Just those Google kikes alone have over 5 frameworks.

So talking to someone from linkedin from india.

They say I'll get a 1800 advance and 16% of sales to make a tutorial video.

Let's see if this is legit.

React will be much easier to pick up than Angular. Probably want a responsive front-end framework like Material-UI

It depends. There are many ways to get things done in Wordpress.

The brainlet ways:
1. Place it in the content itself
2. Use a plugin to get it into the header / body / footer
3. Place it in a widget

To do it yourself ways:
4. Make a plugin
5. Make your own widget
6. Make a child theme
7. Make a theme
8. If the theme supports it then use the hooks the theme has, to place stuff where the hookers are.

Any advice on unpaid internship?

>You should have some knowledge of C#, MVC, ASP.Net, HTML
why the fuck does every developer job in my area ask for this shit

how do i get started with C# and asp.net i only know basic MEAN stack stuff a bit of python and php

Using underscores for a wp theme, why do i need these classes?

Attached: daf.png (767x199, 61K)

jsbin.com/rupitoheka/edit?js,console

Still waiting on the dude who thinks setting a recursive setTimeout is worse than keeping to setInterval to make this code work.

>developer.wordpress.org/
despite having a framework to make life easier, you will still need to dive deep into wordpress for some handy function, and learn basic of wordpress "loop", you wont utilize the full powar of genesis unless you learn the basic

>genesistutorials.com/visual-hook-guide/
Undoubtedly you will come back to this over and over once you get the hang of "add_action"

add_filter() are great for some edit, but ashamed to say i barely use it

>briangardner.com/code/
always come across his code whenever I google for something i need, probably great to runthrough his website once

To add your fukkin' HTML, for start, try this

add_action('genesis_loop', 'your_function');
function your_function(){
echo 'fukkin html';
}

yea, you gotta learn PHP too

Download "Genesis Sample Theme"

try to read through the child theme, or build from that.

microsoft.com/net

Yeah, don't do it. They can afford to pay you.

GDPR is so impractical. How the fuck should I know what the cookies from embedded YouTube videos and Google Maps are used for.

I dont think you need them. But Wordpress has certain guidelines for people that want to publish their theme.

Not 100% sure though.

>wordpress guideline
for example wordpress build-in gallary will generate it own class

but down the line if client added the content which needed .alignright, the missing CSS will destroy your site's styling

if you 100% sure you wont be using it, you can forget about it, but still best practice to make sure there some default styling just in case

Ok i know this is going to sound dumb as hell but:

Is it possible for PHP to execute Javascript code server-side that contains an Ajax call to an API on another server?

I know i know, what the fuck right? SSHHH, shut the fuck up ok i know, dont worry about it.

Just answer me, is it possible or not? If so how?

Do you usually create 2 separate navigation bars/menus, one for big and one for small viewports, or do you create only one and restyle it and change its behavior using CSS/JS/etc.?

latter

>Node shitter realizes his stack is worthless

You use media queries like a non-retard

Fair enough.
I found that the more pronounced the differences between the two get, the more you'd benefit from creating a second one with a different structure, instead of trying to redefine all necessary properties, so I was wondering what other people here do.

How do I approach web scraping with an endless scrolling website, like google+?

Attached: chinch.jpg (700x701, 87K)

Interested in this too.

It depends on the size of the website. If its a very large website you might consider a seperate menu for mobile. But I almost exclusively use one menu.

Where i work we use an in-house system that we develop and only use ourselves in the company. We use two different frontend servers, one for regular and one for mobile using m. subdomain. The service is very complex with tons of features where the design on a desktop simply wont translate at all for use on a phone, so we have to use a completely different design.

How are these not equivalent?

const message = async () => {
setTimeout(() => {
console.log("delayed")
return true
}, 1000)
}

const message = () => {
return new Promise((resolve, reject) => {
setTimeout(() => {
console.log("delayed")
resolve(true)
}, 1000)
})
}

The first one do not actually work. I thought async meant it would return a promise automatically??? Wtf.

do it and look for something better on the side, good for your CV

Isn't React more used for single-page apps?

should at least get some bucks to cover transport and lunch

unless you into slavery

Thanks for the additional input.

which haskell to javascript language should I use?

That's not efficient.

async means you can use await. I don't think it has any other purpose

The best font size is 24px. An authoritative font size.

what are you awaiting in the first one?

Is it an app or is it a website or is it a website that gets apped?

guys check it put my new website

localhost:3000/app

>mfw trying to configure my wamp server

Attached: 1532461189780.jpg (499x452, 74K)

Progress.
- Added correct bitchute category and suggested youtube category
- Fixed youtube plus extension for floating video when scroll
- Removed actions specific to youtube videos
- Added link to correct bitchute creator page
- Refactored code so there's one js script for each youtube page (e.g. /results, /watch, /)

Attached: youtube_unchained_progress.webm (1920x1080, 1.97M)

devias trabalhar em algo que possas adicionar ao teu curriculo. Não sei se infowars fica bem.

youtube.com/watch?v=k06lLDDe-b4

contract

I'm not working for infowars, I'm making an extension that adds bitchute videos to youtube search.

>dat reading comprehension

all i'm saying is that you're working on a project that you can't add to your CV because it will look bad i think

How does it look bad? It's just a fallback, my most left wing professors would probably like it because it's against a monopoly. I don't know anyone who wouldn't find it admirable (I wouldn't mention what spurred me on though)

asking this again

WHY ARE GOOGLE CLOUD FUNCTIONS SO FUCKING SLOW

i bought a domain a couple years ago that's now worth 1k according to godaddy

should i just dump it? i'm never going to do anything with it

Renew it and keep it for 10 years.

.com real estate will be worth a fortune in a bit.

Why in the fuck would you do that retarded shit?

No, javascript is ran client-side in a lamp lemp stack.

Yeah, show them both webms you've posted. I'm sure your left wing professors will absolutely LOVE that.

I obviously won't do that. I'll probably show some antifa video on bitchute, I know some teachers who would get a boner.

go for neutral content, like cat videos

and make sure the video you do is easily understandable by the audience, I for example have no clue what it was all about, you make bitchute vids available on youtube? idk

It's so when a video gets banned on youtube, it's still there without the need for you to abandon all your subscriptions and go to a website with few content creators.

i think it is related to this example

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/External_sorting

>tfw start my new job in 2 weeks for a firm using a language I've never touched

Attached: 1531970648999.jpg (1440x1653, 123K)

if so, post the failure attempt and the sucessful attempt

what was on your portfolio?

what language? what firm? SSN ?

What do you mean failure attempt, can you be more specific?

>try to acess the video by nromal methods
>fail
>try to acess the video by your method
>sucess
I mean I don't fully understend what you are doing , so I might be suggesting something retarded

Not much, just some projects we did in college and a small personal project.
I went to a community college, so my portfolio is pretty abysmal desu.

Java web stack

I started doing this because infowars was banned on many platforms, right now, the webm shows you searching a video that is not on youtube and only disqus, it shows up and you can see it. I don't have account linking yet so you can see the banned videos on a channel's timeline, I just started working a couple of days ago. The account linking is mostly so I don't show repeated videos.

TIL that if you want to async calls with the dispatcher that facebook provides with flux, you have to do
setTimeout( dispatcher.myFunction(), 0 );

why is it like this? its fucking retarded.

rate my first node app

const PORT = 9999;
const http = require('http');

http.createServer((req, res) => {
http.get('miscentralized.com', (get_res) => {
let rawData = ''
get_res.on('data', (chunk) => { rawData += chunk; })
get_res.on('end', () => { res.write(rawData); res.end(); })
});
}).listen(PORT, function(err, message) {
console.log("Listening on port " + PORT + "...");
})

how do i learn react, redux, and node real fast

what are you trying to do?

async functions return a promise by default

I modified the js.masterpassword.app site code to not show any text inputs or the output password. It's a good concept, but the fact that it shows 2/3 inputs and a password that is always going to be the same for the 3 inputs doesn't seem like a good idea from a physical security perspective. What's stopping someone from looking over your shoulder and writing down the password and the site it belongs to?
I modified it so that it outputs the password to a hidden input that can be copied blindly to the clipboard, unless you're using safari in which case there is an option to toggle plain text view for the password since there is no way in javascript to copy to clipboard in safari.

You can download the full source here: mega.nz/#!S7hVHRwB!ztpnw9Ev2DyG2qcNlg10rkbOLzalJbFF8u5ieVMBbZk

You don't even need a web server for it to run, just clicking on index.html locally will work since it's just HTML and javascript.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-08-09 14-04-46.png (1363x879, 155K)

udemy.com/mern-stack-front-to-back/

what's the mysql express react node stack called? MYERN ?

MERN

>react node
why use both?

MERN here. I cannot log to Admin account. Password is 123456 i mean, i go to xorbis 256 hash and pasted hash to initPubUsers.js then mongo import, but not nothing happens when i want to login, except this error log in terminal:
Error: function does not exist
at innerMatcher (/home/nedlo/fullst_react/node_modules/falcor-router/src/operations/matcher/index.js:48:23)
at /home/nedlo/fullst_react/node_modules/falcor-router/src/run/recurseMatchAndExecute.js:52:34
at AnonymousObserver._onNext (/home/nedlo/fullst_react/node_modules/rx/dist/rx.experimental.js:244:26)
at AnonymousObserver.Rx.AnonymousObserver.AnonymousObserver.next (/home/nedlo/fullst_react/node_modules/rx/dist/rx.js:1778:12)
at AnonymousObserver.Rx.internals.AbstractObserver.AbstractObserver.onNext (/home/nedlo/fullst_react/node_modules/rx/dist/rx.js:1710:35)
at AnonymousObserver.tryCatcher (/home/nedlo/fullst_react/node_modules/rx/dist/rx.js:567:29)
at AutoDetachObserverPrototype.next (/home/nedlo/fullst_react/node_modules/rx/dist/rx.js:5274:51)
at AutoDetachObserver.Rx.internals.AbstractObserver.AbstractObserver.onNext (/home/nedlo/fullst_react/node_modules/rx/dist/rx.js:1710:35)
at loopRecursive (/home/nedlo/fullst_react/node_modules/rx/dist/rx.js:2544:18)
at recursiveAction (/home/nedlo/fullst_react/node_modules/rx/dist/rx.js:1039:9)
at Rx.internals.ScheduledItem.invokeRecImmediate [as action] (/home/nedlo/fullst_react/node_modules/rx/dist/rx.js:1056:7)
at Rx.internals.ScheduledItem.ScheduledItem.invokeCore (/home/nedlo/fullst_react/node_modules/rx/dist/rx.js:929:17)
at Rx.internals.ScheduledItem.ScheduledItem.invoke (/home/nedlo/fullst_react/node_modules/rx/dist/rx.js:917:40)
at runTrampoline (/home/nedlo/fullst_react/node_modules/rx/dist/rx.js:1237:37)
at tryCatcher (/home/nedlo/fullst_react/node_modules/rx/dist/rx.js:567:29)
at Scheduler.scheduleNow [as _schedule] (/home/nedlo/fullst_react/node_modules/rx/dist/rx.js:1248:45)

Attached: brainlets.jpg (511x288, 24K)

Anyone know of a good image cropping solution in JS?

Like you upload an image and it has you select an area with a square or circle for your profile image and then it uploads the result.

what does node have to do with react

idk maybe something like this: foliotek.github.io/Croppie/

You're not uploading the image then cropping it though. Look for something that does this:

Loads image into canvas where it can be cropped -> crop the canvased image client side -> get the cropped image as a binary blob -> upload to server.

i've used this before fengyuanchen.github.io/cropperjs/ , it does squares not sure if it does circles

I don't know, you tell me senpai, I don't know shit

A website that gets apped natively in an existing app without using a webview.

use puppeteer

github.com/GoogleChrome/puppeteer

Because eventually you're going to need a backend.

It says it has an upload method. That looks cool. Thanks.

Progress.
Importing correct comments.
Had to reverse engeneer disqus code to be able to generate the correct link.

Attached: youtube_unchained_progress2.webm (1920x1080, 2.59M)

>was thinking of using Azure
>Microsoft starts politicizing the entire platform

Dodged a bullet. .NET Core for me.

Attached: puddi.png (552x553, 29K)

yes

Would Bulma be good for a twitter clone or is there something better?

add your own personal touch

don't ever send "password wrong" to a client, always send "email or password wrong". don't be retarded.

>>disk-based array class intended for very large datasets that you don't want memory-bound but need to be iterated through. But you also want it to be in memory sometimes for small data-sets.
>how the fuck do i do that? i don't even know where to start

You have an abstract superclass with array functionality and access methods, you have a disk-based subclass that does the file-handling stuff.
It's pretty basic stuff from a theory point of view and you'd expect any mid-senior developer to be able to knock it out in their chosen language.

>They wont leave my linkedin the fuck alone. At least 5 add me per day. At first I accepted them, but then my feed started being filled with the fucking Hindu alphabet. I don't know why the fuck they would add me, I'm not ever going to speak with them, nor get them a job, etc. Fucking annoying shits.
It might be to increase their network size or something, or because they can use you as a 'mutual friend' or something to get contacts inside companies that they want jobs in. Something like that.

Or you might be being used to build a fake history 'I was a senior dev at this company for three years, here's the proof'.

any way to restrict days for an HTML5 datepicker? or suggest a lightweight modern datepicker for use on web pages?

don't use the html5 datepicker, it's inconsistent across browsers

How do I make post frames?
Like, a frame for text that's sizes vary on how long or how long fonted the text is.
Like, think of Jow Forums's post frames. Each box is different to suit the post. How do I achieve this?

Just as an exercise, why don't you make it in React. You'll have complete control over it's behaviour then.

Then read some shit about optimising build size and see how small you can get it down to.

React is usually used for massive SPAs but it can be used for a singular component on a static page, the React outer component will just look for a named div to insert the transpiled React into.

How retarded am I?

Attached: classics page.png (1579x878, 12K)

Why would you ever have to do either?

>"email or password wrong"
>forgot password
>"please enter email"
>"email wrong"

For what purpose, you retard?

3/10