Shenzhen

Does anyone of you have any stories from the Shenzhen electronics market?
The place seems like heaven to me.

Attached: 2016-11-17.jpg (888x660, 221K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SGJ5cZnoodY
youtu.be/leFuF-zoVzA
youtube.com/watch?v=ljOoGyCso8s
youtu.be/leFuF-zoVzA?t=1m14s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

America could have had these all over the place if greedy white liberals didn't gut the country and its manufacturing class and jettison it all to china. Stories? Here's a comfy documentary :
youtube.com/watch?v=SGJ5cZnoodY

What appeals to me is that you dont have to wait for weeks to get your parts mailed to you. You can just take the train down to the market and buy it cheap directly from people who know what they are doing.
The aesthetic of the place is also very comfy. Dystopian and futuristic with skyscrapers and neon signs. As close to blade runner irl as it gets.

Imagine every piece of chinkshit you could buy on Amazon, but for 1/4 the cost and spread out in a street cart that's run by some chink babbling at you in moon speak.

youtu.be/leFuF-zoVzA
Heres a nice video

Basedlicious.

>Does anyone of you have any stories from the Shenzhen electronics market?
Not Shenzen, but some smaller variant in KL, Malaysia.
>be there on holiday
>figure I'll visit the electronics shops, maybe I can get some cheap stuff
>also, need a "new" CPU for my outdated machine that has a socket that old that you can't get it anymore in Europe
>go to used CPU store
>they're all the equivalent of a few €, so shure, I'll risk it
>be white guy that doesn't wear the usual touristy crap
>ask for Athlon X2 something something
>yes, sir, sure, we have, you want drink? I'll get boss, how many you need and when and where to?
>Uh… just one and in my pocket
That face of dissapointment on the poor sellers face when I'm not some foreign businessman that wants a truckload of them.
Still, got what I wanted and that thing served me well for years.
But
>The place seems like heaven to me.
you have a strange definition of heaven.

Attached: hell.jpg (1500x998, 1.69M)

>you have a strange definition of heaven.
Not him, but for hobbyists it's really nice

Nice and practical, for sure, but "heaven"?
>Yeah, yeah, figure of speech, but still, I want to enjoy to autist about for a bit on minutiae

Attached: hell2.jpg (2000x1490, 1.02M)

Who would ever want to live in an area like pics related?

It's not heaven unless you break your iphone every week, fiddle with 3 printers and CO2 lasers, or have an electronics degree.
Loonis tech tips went there and PC parts ain't cheap. Counterfeits aren't that cheap because most of the parts are refurbished, and Shenzhen is basically NOT for consumers.
It's for electronics and industrial engineers/designers (that actually get shit done instead of posting about GNU and shilling intel/AMD/Nvidia).
Judging by the average poster on Jow Forums, it's not for them. Something like a chinese wholesale market for consumer products would be a better fit.

no but i regularly buy leading edge shit from shenzhen for cheap over ali, gearbest or ebay

is this asian documenter the chad of asians? he looks as tall as hardogay

I was in huaqiangbei a few years ago

There were entire districts of 6 floor tall malls which sells nothing but electronic parts. There were salesman at EVERY SINGLE CORNER asking if you need computers/headphones/iphone etc.

I honestly didn't know where to look for stuff since there's way too much.

Americans, I guess?

Attached: hell3.jpg (1200x900, 354K)

>the american

just rape and steal your neighbour it's easy

Wow, thanks for sharing this user !
It's a completely different world over there.. as depicted in Anime/Dystopic sci-fi but in a legit non dystopic way.

This looks like what happens every time I play Sim City.

Holy shit. These jobs are never coming back and in a way I sort of realize why this would only be possible in a homogeneous communist population. So much strict order, focus, and speed. Very illuminating channel

Im working on an EE degree, and the most frustrating part of any of my projects is that it takes weeks to get any parts. And then when you find out you bought the wrong one and you have to wait a couple more weeks.
Buying chips and integrated circuits by the pound seems too good to be true.

>in a legit non dystopic way
You realize this is in china, right?

>These jobs are never coming back

I guarantee you even if China disappeared tomorrow these jobs would not going back to USA

>read this post, then click the video linked below. At 1 minute 14, the guy says basically the same line about bladerunner
youtu.be/leFuF-zoVzA?t=1m14s

Attached: 1275590337552.png (277x266, 86K)

Watching some of this guy's youtube videos detailing the insane operations and network of operations/logistics in shenzen and the speed of outputting things is the reason why so much is moving and staying over there. I've been in the industry for long enough to see departments go year over year to china closer to the production line and its due to things like getting a printed board across town in a 24 hours after getting a design to a factory whereas you have to wait weeks in the states. Hardware is going to be tough thing to ever bring back here.
I don't doubt this. The level the workers have to grind through so many sub-processes of the production and the insane amount of complexity therein is illuminating. Then there's the raw material logistics that flow like honey through china.

I do but its I see it in a different light now that I've browsed some on the ground videos.

After getting through this video.. I see a different side to it.

The dystopia is part of the charm for me.
I agree that surveillance and opression from the government isnt good for society, but you have to agree that its pretty exciting.

>greedy white liberals
You spelled ‘republicans with corporate buddies’ wrong

Actually, we used to have those jobs here not that long ago. It only moved to China because of the low labor costs. Malaysia, India, Vietnam, and pretty much any low wage country with minimum infrastructure has companies like this

Nothing is as cheap as you would expect

wut

Attached: wut.png (1301x709, 857K)

Just stop arguing over american politics. Its all just a fucking mess.

Attached: IMG_0169.jpg (1024x682, 321K)

Chinese are interested by Jewish power and influence in the West and try to emulate them.

At least they have houses, I live in a small overpriced appartment.

Life could have been so different if were weren't such a shitty community. A long time ago, to pic related was all you needed. Then the normies wanted Chinese slaves to make everything so they didn't have to endure the challenges of learning. America won't last. You're great-great grandkids will see.

Attached: 150209162849-radioshack-computer-center-780x439.jpg (780x439, 89K)

it is dead, it mostly done online now.

wrong it i cause of regulations and shit, you would get sued for selling apple parts and shit.

maybe for a hobby even then, its always better to buy from a non chink supplier who can guarantee that parts are going to be what they are actually rated as.

>if greedy white liberals didn't gut the country and its manufacturing
>cause of regulations and shit
Fuck dude, how hard is it to fucking read? Feels like God only rolled 1d6 for your INT.

Neoliberals and Neocons are equally to blame for globalism.

I went into a local small computer store/repair shop the other day for used monitors. Shits cash yo

Attached: 1531304167165.jpg (468x407, 122K)

Maybe if you are manufacturing a professional product. For hobby projects and fun gadgets its fine. You can always buy more if they arent what you expected.

>bunch of houses with no fences or trees
>0 privacy
>all houses look 100% the same

ugh this triggers me so much. do fucking robots live in these?

I feel you man.
A house with a small garden within a reasonable reach of the city I currently live in is my life goal.
This + stable family + steady income a and I've /made it/ to my standards.

Me playing Simcity

I feel like trees are essential to every home. It's almost like a pet. It provides shade during hot summers, it gives you a bit of privacy, it makes your house stand out and more easily recognizable. It changes during the seasons so your home always feels like its evolving.

Houses with no trees just feel barren and desolate.

>KL, Malaysia
lmao how American are you

> Silicon valley...
> Republicans

LOL, pick one.

>WIRED
TED-lite wankery. Those Chinese tech centers are a postmodern nightmare, and is American Suburbia, just of a different flavor.

Attached: john campbell is crazy but correct.gif (650x1512, 163K)

>lmao how American are you
0%
What did I do wrong?

holy fuck that comic is deep tho.

>lowering taxes
>greedy
Nice try, Shlomo.
But in truth, both sides are puppets to whoever pays them the most cash. It's just more obvious when the democrats do it. We republicans bullshit our way around by insisting we need a new war to pay- I mean fight for our liberty and freedums.

*ccrrrsshhk*
Ahhh, Shenzhen! Those were the times.

Correct. Some of the dumbest rocks on earth... No one informed them about the communist homogeneous chinks apparently. I guess they skipped the schooling lessons on this why rubbing their hands together at secretive world summits.
Give him time.. It will probably take a while before he even grasps this post.
Correct. It could have been so glorious.
The ability to walk up and purchase such parts and configure them together is what made present day silicon valley what it is. Sad to see that has moved exclusively to china and it will cost America dearly as well as generations of kids.
^this. Chinks are jews except on a much grander scale. They don't believe in dude on a cross or other bullshit. They only seek manifest destiny of domination. Pee brain globalist forgot about this when they thought they could co-opt 3 billion chinks to further their world domination goals... because white people are this culturally ignorant beyond the jews who lead them by the nose.

You're right. It's uncanny how similar this is to so much anime.
Short term vs long term thinking.
There are pros/cons. It is what it is at this point. Lots of consumer benefits for the short/medium term with significant consequences in the long term.

The documentary I linked is quite good which is why I linked it. Wired has a bad reputation for TED-lite wankery but the documentary wasn't. It's a well pronounced and established industrial center that moves insane amount of volumes at insane speeds.
> Your silly ass comic
Nerds didn't destroy the world. Idiotic debt fueld consumption did. 'Conspicuous consumption as a lifestyle choice combined with early hardware adoption' isn't set upon by 'nerds'. It's set upon by the faux rendition of nerd culture in a mainstream consumerist vein. Conspicuous consumption as a lifestyle is not 'nerd like'. It's brainlet/normie/consumer like..

Your comic is shit as is your critique of the documentary. It conflates brainless mainstream normie consumers fueled by copious amounts of debt with 'nerds'. It accepts the mainstream takeover of nerd culture... I don't accept it and a brainlet consumer who conducts Conspicuous consumption as a lifestyle is not a nerd. They are the anti-thesis of it... and indeed brainlets destroy the world because they're stupid and ignorant. Singularity is a meme furthered by brainlets not actual nerds furthering technology for humanities betterment and tooling.

Now fuck off w/ this pseudo-intellectual rick and morteseque trash.

Why is it anybody's fault that people don't have electricity? Who gives a fuck about subsaharans

>implying that anyone who cares about thin devices and the last model of some phone is a nerd and not a cock-sucking normie