/sqt/ stupid questions thread

Post your questions here

>Read
→ → →

>search
>ddg.gg/lite

>redirect anons making their own threads with >GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
>pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
>pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
>pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
>pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Previous thread:

Attached: 4 crop.jpg (1280x1280, 157K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MU8TZRV
amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N0YZVQE
blog.pkh.me/p/21-high-quality-gif-with-ffmpeg.html
jsfiddle.net/f76twheo/5/
jsfiddle.net/vg7p2cqf/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lovin the lolis

You're welcome, but I do it more as a social engineering thing. Makes finding the thread in the catalog easier.

Repost.
I made a small game with c# in vs. In the task mngr it shows about 15% cpu usage which is about the same vs shows. In the vs performance profiler it says that 80% of (the 15%) the cpu was used for Application.Run (exclusive sample). Message pump smth I guess, but is this normal?
The rest of the cpu went to OnPaint and drawImage.

Need an Android app to download YouTube videos. My internet connection is only 30 kb/s. Can't stream anything. The good thing is that it's free (found a hole in their pay portal).

cute drawing of me

NewPipe.

Thanks.

Should I get an i5 8300H + gtx1050 laptop that weighs 2.3kg or an i5 8250u laptop that weighs 1.5kg? both cost the same and have decent build quality, input devices, equal screens, both give me the 5 hours of battery life that I need. Is the extra weight on the first one really that much of a hindrance for portability?

put 2.3kg (or near enough) into your carry bag along with your normal stuff and see if it's too much to be comfortable

How do I get gfs like these?

Babysitting

Me on the left.

Also, what's the best bang for your buck USB memory stick to get? I'm starting med school soon and need a reliable USB portable for work. I still have a 64GB Sandisk Extreme CZ80 from my previous degree, but it's full and I may as well start afresh. Should I just get a 128GB Extreme Go/Pro?

amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MU8TZRV
amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N0YZVQE

Attached: 1530531848837.jpg (1061x953, 94K)

I tried that once, but then her parents came in and I had to jump out of the window to run away. Fortunately I was too fast for them and was wearing a fully enclosed gimp suit, so I left no trace.

Attached: 1513429315223.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

I am a fan of Kingston Datatraveler SE9 series. Unbreakable and can be easily attached to the keychain or whatever you want.

Attached: 2704800.jpg (1500x938, 45K)

Is there a way to install multiple drivers in Windows 10 (they're .inf files) at once?

Also please stop posting lolicon, it's explicitly against the rules.

I've got two job offers at the moment:
>Software Developer Machine Learning
>Software Application Engineer eMobility

Which one should I take? The second obviously pays better, but I really like working with the artificial intelligence stuff. Pls help

Attached: cute-plant.jpg (1920x698, 428K)

Tell me more user.

also interested

Accidentally posted in the old thread.

How do I quickly synch android phone and windows desktop?

Dropbox did drain too much battery on the phone, and wasn't any more useful than the website (browser) client.

Let windows 10 install drivers for you.

Attached: FB_IMG_15337703102545260.jpg (540x590, 221K)

They're self written drivers for an audio mixing console.

Theres like a 100 of them.

>100 drivers
that's a rough one does the equipment gave you a disk for driver installion?

I only know win 7 but too many steps to do amd more time wasted than that.

>Also please stop posting lolicon, it's explicitly against the rules.
Been doing it for months, faggot.

I bought one of these for a friend years ago. Last time I asked he was really happy with it.

I have linux installed on one hard drive and windows7 installed on another hard drive.
Is it possible to make the GRUB have an option to boot the windows hard drive so I don't have to change my boot setting in BIOS when I want to switch?

Yes

checked.
can you give me a retard explanation and/or a link

I hate wires. My room is very small and my wired headphones finally broke thankfully. They were good (HyperXCloud) but I am done with wires.

Budget is £100-150. Any good bluetooth headphones? I am going to use them for listening to music at the gym and playing videogames (voice chat). I think I had this model before but I was careless and they broke Sony MDR-XB950BT. It was £100.
Bonus question: Will I be able to connect bluetooth headphones to my tv with a usb dongle? I ask because apparently you can't connect a lot of headphones to the ps4.

somebody I know had an account on one of those websites where you can ask questions supposedly being user and all but after insults and threats this person decided to report what was happening to the police and in the end they found out it was a 16yo girl. would a vpn in this case prevent you from being reported?

What's the best software for converting H.264 to GIF? Can I do it through ffmpeg?

I won't redirect anyone, diversity in threads is better.

blog.pkh.me/p/21-high-quality-gif-with-ffmpeg.html

Yes, but look up some guides, if you want to make high quality webms.

How do I un-stick the quick reply window from the side of my scroll bar in Jow Forums X?

Attached: g pls.png (479x499, 53K)

what do you mean with stick? that it scrolls along?
You should be able to freely move it around

It's not 4chanX, it's oneechan.
Disabling the sidebar will free it.

can Jow Forums recommend me with a good gigabit router between the $100-150 price range

anything that can run openwrt

I had my for over five years and loved — lost it with my keys not long ago and got the same one.

What's the official phone of Jow Forums as of 2018? preferably with an IR blaster.

my Galaxy S5 is starting to shit itself

>inb4 install lineageOS
battery is also dying, I prefer a new phone.

Attached: 816spzvzvvl._sl1500_.jpg (1200x1485, 140K)

ask in the programming thread

they're SWF dipshit

JFGI

>convert to gif
why would you do that?

ask in the smartphone thread

depends entirely on your budget and if you prefer power or battery life.

>ask in the programming thread
Ok. Will do

I have $484 USD and prefer power (and an IR blaster)

Is there any Linux command to test the transfer speed between two directories or drives? For example, my main Linux partition and a USB, my main Linux partition and my HDD hub, or even to the directory where I have my Samba server mounted to?

jsfiddle.net/f76twheo/5/
i'm trying to get this so i can set the position of the audio with the button. does anyone know why this doesn't work?

Attached: 1530157491646.jpg (250x250, 10K)

im not clicking that you fucking cunt

I was about to open a thread for this stupid shit and just recalled this thread was here for my stupid shit.
Does 4k video downscale alright to 1440p?
I was going to try and find a torrent for dunkirk in 1440p, but I can only find 1080p and 4K, although I guess it doesn't really matter because it was shot at or over 4k, so uh...
Yeah I did the right thing coming to the stupid questions thread...

My own S6 shit the bed after I dropped it, I'm looking for something to replace it with under the 200€ mark. I'm not by any means a power mobile phone user so if anyone has any recommendation uwu.

What can we do to bring techloligy back to the board?

Attached: 1424989963866.jpg (496x498, 83K)

fuck off it'll be fine watching the 4k video on 1440p. at least dont get the 1080p and watch in fullscreen, it'll be blurry

How do I approach web scraping with an endless scrolling website like google+?

Attached: 0275[1].jpg (2048x1536, 532K)

Yeah I mean I'm not mentally deficient, just stupid. I've been downloading the 4k video, not the 1080p one.

Set up an SSL proxy, and detect the endpoint it is using to get a new post. Then just send requests to this endpoint. If this is not possible you could try using some web testing frameworks like phantomjs

Can the Optical Flow setting in Premiere Pro be used to smoothly interpolate a higher framerate to a lower one?
Basically I want to use 25 and 29,97 fps content in a 23,976 fps timeline. Does Optical Flow work for this?
I'm asking because all information I can find about this setting only talks about using it the other way around.

Attached: optical flow.png (300x119, 5K)

>fuck offf
stupid questions stupid answers I guess.

post in a relevant thread, dipshit. there is a dedicated phone thread. fuck off

why can't you just try it?

but it's a stupid question?

Where can I get windows 10 for free?

4K isn't a right scale for 1440p, neither is 1080p.
It doesn't scale properly, but you wouldn't notice most likely.

jsfiddle.net/vg7p2cqf/

microsoft download website

4k is exactly four times larger than 1080p....

Torrents.
Or microsoft website. You can use unactivated w10 forever.

Yeah well, it was a stupid question, I think I'll be fine just consuming 4k media.
But 1440p isn't in that same *4 scale that 1080p and 8k are.

Yes. I said that 4K wouldn't scale properly with 1440, and 1080 wouldn't scale properly with 1440

oh i derped a bit there sorry

would not recommend torrents unless you crosscheck the hash with a legit file to make sure it's not been altered

the scripts in jsfiddle runs in a scoped function, hence the function is not global and cannot be found.

you never want to call JS functions like this from html anyway, it's a very very old relic.

What's a good way to securely wipe a hard drive that's connected to a computer through a hard drive dock? I've tried using DBAN, but it doesn't recognise the drive, even though the drive shows up as a boot device on my ThinkPad. I've also tried using a program called Eraser in my OS (Windows), but it takes a ridiculous amount of time, even just with single pass.

I haven't installed windows since 7, but windows 10 LTSB seems interesting
how do I get a non-eval copy and activate it?

Become Muslim.

Because the kind of slippery, uneven motion you usually get by going from a higher to a lower framerate (assuming the two aren't dividable) isn't necessarily apparent in all content. I'd have to find/create footage in which this would visible which would take a lot more time than asking a question on /sqt/ and having someone who already knows answer it for me.

there's no sidebar in 4chanx, I don't use it anymore so I cant check but look in oneechans options.

Download from Microsoft and activate with KMSpico.

I have a client with a NAS and a wide format printer with a couple of employees that work remotely. Is there any software or something that will allow the employees to connect to this network to access just like they could if they were connected at the worksite? All employees are working on Windows 10 if that matters.

Set up an OpenVPN server

>oneechan
Speaking of which, the version that I use by Nebukazar seems to be dead. Is there an active fork?

youre a fucking life saver
yes i'm pretty behind the times as you can probably tell. i haven't touched web development in years and this is just for some shitty app i made for personal use anyway. how is this kind of thing done nowadays though?

Attached: 1533739920559.png (1018x763, 204K)

like separate code and markup.
bind events in your code.

I logged into the NAS which is a Synology DS418, looks like there is VPN software you can download. Would that be suitable? It says it supports PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec.

quick format and use ccleaner to wipe clean space?
and they all will take fucking ages

MDL forums

I think that will be fine if you don't have a lot of users.

i see. so the "onclick" tag in the markup shouldnt be included then?

Thanks boss, have a photo of Rina Nagai as thanks.

Attached: tumblr_p3ol55FAI41u07fxbo1_1280[1].jpg (750x1065, 108K)

no, it's a leftover from you.

i thought so. thanks so much

The first fucking pastebin.

Why u make thread 4 hours early?

it's based on post limits. Jow Forums has a post limit of 310, at that point a thread will no longer be bumped and will slowly get pushed into deletion.
to keep a thread alive you make a new one before that happens.

But not 4 hours before. Old thread still hasn't hit.

it's 2 posts away from it

>to keep a thread alive you make a new one before that happens
No, that's how you keep 2 threads open for an unnessesarily long time. There's plenty of time afterwards to start another thread.

uMatrix question here.

How do I allow all base urls?

Ex.
If I go to Jow Forums.org, I want uMatrix to automatically allow any Jow Forums.org or its subdomains like rs.Jow Forums.org etc. But have the default setting for other sites loaded like the ads/facebook/imgur/google/cloudflare/etc.

Similarly if I go to imgur, I want the imgur.com I want all the base imgur and subdomain of imgur to be allowed, but not any of the third party links.

I can already do site specific blocks or allows via global rules like this but I'm confused on how I can allow base domain/subdomain only for all the sites.

* cloudfront.net * allow

in the domain filter click on the "Jow Forums" part of Jow Forums.org and it'll apply the filters/exceptions to that part instead.

Global scope, first party.

There's mirrors but I don't think it's actively developed atm.

Please respond ;_;

Because I can. Now fuck off.

im trying to install Nextcloud on debian 9.5 running nginx as web server, but the stuff does not work.
when i go to my-ip/nextcloud i get a download for the index.php file.

I've tried several tutorials but they all fail for me.

can someone point me to a good tutorial. a lot of tuts are for apache but im running nginx so it is somewhat different of course.