Soundbars

Why did companies go from pushing surround sound, which makes sense on a mixing and ambience level, to making everything into soundbars? Went hunting for a new one for mine, and all my loccals stocked were soundbars.

Attached: au-soundbar-k450-hw-k450-xy-001-front-black?$PD_GALLERY_L_JPG$.jpg (892x684, 23K)

normies

Easy for tech illiterates to set up to set up (no receiver needed).

My soundbar is 5.1

Cheaper to manufacturer, larger profit from retarded normies who know no better.

Please explain

Wireless subwoofer and two extra speakers that connect to it

WAF® - the wife acceptance factor
I had a fancy AV receiver and surround speaker system but my wife kept moaning it was ugly with all the wires. Plus she found it a hassle to switch on the receiver and change the input every time she wanted to watch TV or game. She ended up just using the crappy TV speakers every time as it was 'easier'

Now the speakers are rotting in a box in the attic. Feels bad man

Attached: WomynInTech.jpg (482x470, 94K)

Sounds like a 3.1 m8

The actual bar has three speakers

>centre
>rear left
>rear right
>sub

send it me

That's dumb

Because surround sound is a dumb autistic gimmick and unaesthetic waste of space

2.1 is left right and subwoofer u dumb mong. A sound bar does lett right and center, plus sw and two rears makes 5.1

Doesn't you'd tv automatically output to speakers? Also just leave them on 24/7 if turning them on is so hard.

Yeah! Also fuck 1080p! Can't even see anything anyway with these boomer eyes.

CEC/ARC

What a shitty man you are. Shameful display.

The receiver automatically switches itself off after two hours of inactivity - this setting can't be disabled ( euro energy efficiency rules)

If I'd been playing on PS4 and didn't change the input after I finished playing, then when she comes to watch TV the receiver is off and she can't be bothered switching it on and changing inputs

You input all your audio to the TV, then connect the TV audio output to the sound system. Why would you need to change inputs? You or your installer just fucked up the installation.

Surround is great if you have the money and patience to get it and set it up. It makes for a great home theater.

But most people who are going to the local store aren't looking to build a high end home theater. They're looking to make the family room TV sound less awful, and a sound bar accomplishes that cheaply and easily.

>Doesn't you'd tv
What language is this?

>Letting your wife push you around like that.
Stop drinking sœlent and grow a fucking backbone. I'm not telling you to act like an edgy incel, just tell her to eat shit when she tells you to get rid of nice things you like.

I'm fucking #triggered because I used to see pussy whipped retards on Jow Forums whine about how they sold all their (often heirloom) guns because their wife or even just gf gave them a "guns or me" ultimatum.

I wonder if I should buy one. I have a BF now and will need a way for room audio. My TV (Samsung 4K) has built in speakers but they are shit.

should've married a Jow Forums trap.

ingles

Move out of a retarded eurocommie country.

Tried that but the TV doesn't pass through surround sound so if I take the ARC feed from the TV, everything is downmixed to 2.0

Wouldn't you get a better feed straight into the amp instead of the TV?

Nobody invests in creating surround sound recordings

t.virgin

What TV does that shit?

Literally every single one

Name one TV that does passthrough of DD/DTS surround sound

Mine, it's a setting. E series Vizio

Does her boyfriend also agree with her?

You get a Harmony remote, take a day to set it up idiot proof and tell your hag to just press the activity that corresponds to what she wants to do on the touch screen. You get to keep your stuff and have a new toy.

Normies don’t like setting up actual sound systems

Surround sound is actually archaic.