Why the fuck would you still use that Micro$oft Office crap when you can have beautiful alternatives like LibreOffice...

Why the fuck would you still use that Micro$oft Office crap when you can have beautiful alternatives like LibreOffice, which can give you all you need from an office suite completely for free?

Attached: fff3573a8a63a2b3be45bc50d8344.jpg (1256x708, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

windowscentral.com/why-use-libre-office-over-microsoft-office
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>use libreoffice
>everything looks okay
>send in paper
>get it returned with comments about formatting errors to fix
>don't know what to fix because it all looks fine in libreoffice
>pirate word
>open it
>looks like fucking garbage

Because the world runs on microsoft office. Not libre office. And there simply isn't enough incentive to get people to switch, especially with how integrated the office suite has become with microsofts other online platforms.

Sorry, but unless you're simply poor and unable to afford proper office, there is simply no reason to use libre office, most school students can get true MS office for cheap or free, same with most professionals if their company requires you use it.

That's not how it works. You tell us why we should use LibreOffice.

I use Office but
>handing in a paper as .dox instead of .pdf
pleb

Depends what you're doing, if you need collaboration, obviously sending as a PDF is just stupid.

>spelling Microsoft with a dollar sign
Go to bed, grandpa.

>not using .odt format

Compatibility issues. It can never be resolved. Maybe better not to copy MS and do something like Apple did with Pages, Numbers, etc, start simple and evolve into something unique.

It still has format problems, specially if the other person is using Office equations.

The only big downside comes from the cloud limitations, but aside from that you have plenty of reasons to do the switch, first for all from the economic side.
Many companies have already switched to LibreOffice due to the great saving of money, instead of buying expensive business licenses from Microsoft.

windowscentral.com/why-use-libre-office-over-microsoft-office

Just use LaTeX??

Rmarkdown for documents

Because I fucking hate writing a document in libreoffice, opening it up in literally any other editor and have the formatting be all fucked up

Literally who uses Libre office in a major way? besides a few poorer government entities who do it simply because they're europoors mainly. Who else is a major user of Libre office?

I tried to learn LaTeX but ended up just running office on wine
Much easier

Microshit just werks, and werks with everyone. No point switching to freetard garbage.

Because I use an office suite that actually can do things, it's called iWork, and you can also get it for free.

Is that why my resumes get ignored?

Your resumes should get ignored if you send them in any format other than PDF.

I've had applications where I was supposed to upload my resume but it only accepted .doc or .docx files, not pdfs.

>No sharepoint
>No macros or VBA; vba and macros allows data manipulation that is awkward or impossible with standard spreadsheet techniques.
>Base need JRE for make reports, queries cannot calculate group totals with functions
>Calc cannot import data of csv/txt

Attached: Hitoe_Uemura_cake.jpg (1050x1050, 332K)