pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last thread:

Attached: colorful_vibrator_keyboard_2017-03-04_92839-s.jpg (1210x680, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/store/product/Magic-Wand-Vibrating-Massage-Sex-Toy-Cute-Color/2882145_32879715068.html
amazon.com/TOMOKO-Water-Resistant-Mechanical-Keyboard-Non-Conflicting/dp/B01DBJTZU2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1533845189&sr=8-1&keywords=tomoko
youtube.com/watch?v=lR61sqCVhBY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>basedboard users are also degenerates
colour me surprised

uwu its a cute board
w-we can't help it! >_

Attached: 5262f8962e8585d68149d11260abd93c.jpg (640x796, 81K)

Cute Edition

Attached: 1528393863923.jpg (1500x1000, 146K)

Anyone know the keyset?

it looks like it came off a topre news keyboard

>this image again

Attached: 26167324_789917784525232_63332683151257005_n.jpg (386x381, 26K)

ordered one of these when they were on assdrop. I hope they come out okay

Attached: aQ0snleeRhGBmjQ5S7eg_banner.jpg (1625x492, 89K)

This is a great photo. Anyways I've had my Unicomp for a week or so, and I'm finding sometimes the t key presses twice when I hit it once, or perhaps it's registering twice for some reason. Anyone else have this issue? I've never had this issue on any other type of board, even the Model Ms I've had. Curious if it's the USB controller. I bought the USB version to use with work laptop.

The membrane is dirty or damaged. Unfortunately it's not an easy fix

I don't know where else to post this and I don't want to make a new thread.

I want to get a very minimalist keyboard, probably a tenkeyless, that has no labels on the keys. Do they exist and where can I get one?

I've started having this issue about a week ago on my 1998 Model M.
What OS are you using?

It's new though.

This happened on Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.04.

oh yeah, thanks.

That's chatter. You can fix it by cleaning the membrane or slapping on a new controller like a Teensy++ with QMK firmware. Bonus, that makes it fully programmable with macros and layers and all that junk.

I've had my keyboard for about 6 or 7 years, and seem to be having a weird intermittent problem.

Occasionally, my 'd' key will start repeating when I press it, and i end up typing 2+ d's where there should only be one. The weird part is that its intermittent, and happens for a period of time, and then will stop - maybe with a reboot or something.

Writing the problem out makes it sound like a software bug maybe, but it only ever happens with the 'd' key.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Unicomps build quality isn't as good as IBMs. send them an email, or if you want to fix it your self you can replace the membrane sheet

This is a model M, fix it is tedious and time consuming thanks to IBM cheeping out

Forgot to mention, its a redddd cherry switch.

Andd there's a prime example of how fucked it is

Well you can get any minimalist keyboard then buy blank keycaps for it. If you want something cheap try a cooler master master keys S from amazon and some cheap blank cherry profile PBT keycaps from aliexpress

sounds like key chatter. did cleaning the switch fix it? if it didn't then just replace it. you can get cherry switches for like 20-25 cents a piece

Sounds promising, I pulled the cap off and it looked ok, but I'll take the back off and see if I can get a better look

Keychatter is an inherent problem to all mechanical switches and is corrected by the firmware. Sounds like your problem is a defective switch which is why it only occurs sometimes. Cleaning it might help, but you'd probably need to replace it.

I guess. It took me about four hours the last time I had to bolt mod one of those things. Cheap though. I don't even own one anymore. Only two IBM things I still have are a Pingmaster and a 3278 Beamspring. And both of those are loads easier to work on.

Yeah, I wasn't hoping to spend any more than $30 on something like this. Just some modest-cheapo rubber dome whatever that already came blank. Avoiding mechanical atm cause I don't think I'd find one for less than $50, a good one anyways, which is what I would want if I were getting a mechanical anyways.

there are tons of mechanical keyboards for under 30 bucks like the tomoko, magicfoce, K552, etc and you can get a set of blank keycaps for 15-20 bucks. that should be under 50

The model M is a piece of shit. I'm surprised so many hipsters hold it to some golden standard like it's the grandfather of all keyboards

Aight, well I'll look at my options.

>minimalist
>cheap
Dilly. PCB and plate are $15, controller $8, switches about $10 and keycaps $9.
Only problem is the PCBs are out of stock right now

here's some plank PBT keycaps for 15ish bucks
aliexpress.com/store/product/Magic-Wand-Vibrating-Massage-Sex-Toy-Cute-Color/2882145_32879715068.html
and you get 7 colors to pick from

get this keyboard
amazon.com/TOMOKO-Water-Resistant-Mechanical-Keyboard-Non-Conflicting/dp/B01DBJTZU2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1533845189&sr=8-1&keywords=tomoko
you can scrub the logo off easily, then just get some blank keycaps off aliexpress

Attached: tomoko.jpg (1836x3264, 522K)

>premium ABS

Attached: DSC_1415.jpg (4928x3264, 3.78M)

>keebs

Attached: 1528386051734.jpg (4032x3024, 1.3M)

whenever someone uses the term keeb whether ironically or not I always cringe

Thanks.

>memechanical memeboard

Attached: imageproxy.php.jpg (791x584, 85K)

Why do people put things ON their keyboard in a keyboard thread? Makes no sense, can't see the keyboard.

Attached: hud9.jpg (1800x1200, 799K)

Jesus fucking christ trim your claws, I can SEE the gouge marks.

That's just ABS keycaps and their natural wear

what gouge marks?

why are there two /mkg/ threads? we already had a perfectly fine thread

Attached: acbll.png (326x277, 80K)

This one is older.

Fucking claw furrows from this unkempt animal's talons.

Attached: ravaged-keys.jpg (2564x1584, 1.11M)

those aren'r claw marks, that's just want "premium ABS" looks like after a wear of use since the oils in your skin eat it away

Are you retarded? Just give it a quick sand and get back to using it. It's a fucking KEYCAP

Sand/bead blasting is better to be honest.

Attached: before.jpg (3024x4032, 543K)

Attached: after.jpg (4032x3024, 2.05M)

so what if it's older, that still doesn't explain why we need two threads

I don't get what triggered you? I'm just pointing out that premium ABS keycaps wear thanks to the oils in your skin. It's a natural process and doesn't really need you to get so worked up on it

Yuck. I can't go back to ABS anymore desu. Just get some cheap PBTs from Aliexpress

I can stand the wet feel of ABS keycaps. No matter how rough the the texture is it still feels disgusting. Smooth PBT is my favorite by far, it's a shame no one really makes it anymore

youtube.com/watch?v=lR61sqCVhBY
lmao at all the fags who bought (((premium))) ABS keycaps
I get to enjoy using by jadies without fear of my PBT keycaps cracking

is this who i think it is

yes it's Linus Torvalds the man who invented linux

Attached: LinusXLuke.png (862x661, 916K)

is there anything gayer then artisans?

Attached: thinking-4.png (512x512, 27K)

actual homosexuals

I think artisans are still gayer then that

Attached: geekwhack memes.jpg (405x253, 23K)

nigger plastic doesnt melt from oil those are scratches

ABS does

>says plastic doesn't melt in acid
>calls others a nigger
wow user u sure R sm4rt

Attached: maltron_keyboards_mouth_head_stick_keyboard_p2_1200x800.jpg (1200x800, 561K)

It literally does you mouthbreathing mongoloid.

/MU/ MASTERACE Jow Forums brainlets are super gay.

go back to listening to your top 50s pop crap

>human skin
>acid

Attached: nope.gif (286x210, 2.17M)

>acid skin
>human /mu/

yes human skin has an acidic layer on it, with a ph around 5.5, which is just strong enough to dissolve ABS plastics

you exited for despacito 2?

sup Jow Forums

just got my IBM pingmaster working with a cheap Pro Micro from Amazon with a custom keymap. I'm loving it so far, although linear switches are going to take some time to get used to. Best $35 I ever spent, this board is so satisfying to type on. The beeper is kinda freaky though.

I used to hate linear switches, until I got a pingmaster with green alps which helped me appreciate a smooth linear experience, until I found a new in box Hall Effect keyboard and now linears are my favorite switch type

I was told they're best for gaming but most linear switches don't seem to have a tactile bump at all.. these green Alps seem to have a little bump near the bottom and I love them so much. The layout is going to take some getting used to but desu I'm kinda bored of AT 101 anyways

That's what I loved about alps linear switches. Only downside is that they don't like dust

> most linear switches don't seem to have a tactile bump at all
That's, ah, kind of the entire point.

What keyboard should I get for

Yeah the beeper is weird, I turned my volume wheel all the way to the left to mute it first thing.

there is no peripheral on the market that can get a signal to a cpu within 0.5ms

Where do I get the vibrator?

Are you sure? USB 3.0 supports interrupts

Keyboards still run on USB 2 unless they have a built-in powered hub.

The closest you're going to get is an optical switch keyboard, and even on those you're looking at 0.2ms time for the keyboard's cpu to register a switch has been pressed, then another fraction of a millisecond for the keyboard's cpu to process that and start sending a keycode to the computer, then who knows how long it will take for the computer to listen to a usb2 keyboard.

no, the switch is linear until actuation. Technically it is still a linear switch, it's the design of the switchplate that provides tactile feedback. Alps are so nice.
I used my M and a few other very dust prone keyboards for years, including an AT-101 and a Chicony with SMK second generations. I'm a neat freak, there is no dust in my room.
I've had an actual IBM controller die but never a Unicomp. You should try getting a new controller or even taking one from an M and seeing if it fixes it. I wish Unicomp would retool their factory and make more keyboards, everyone is begging for a non-membrane BS board that doesn't cost a fortune

Attached: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg (1000x1000, 108K)

because it's one of the best keyboards ever designed you twat. It's literally the keyboard most keyboards of it's era were compared to and it surpasses most of them in build quality, tactility, and aural pleasure. Second only to it's older brother, the Model F or possibly blue Alps switches as far as clicky switches go, and even if that didn't matter at all they invented the layout most of your boards today use.

I'm about to bolt mod another one of mine.
it's not that bad. You should take this time as time to do something fun. It's a project and it's purely for your own enjoyment. Just get a new keyboard if you don't wanna have DIY fun.

>one of the best keyboards ever designed
>membrane sheet with shitty matrix and 2kro

>gaymer faggotry
membranes aren't all that bad and the matrix isn't too shitty. Remap your keys gamerfag

>Technically it is still a linear switch [...] Alps are so nice.
I'm not saying Alps aren't linear, I'm just saying it shouldn't be surprising that the majority of linear switches have no tactility at all.

I mean yeah, but that's typically don't like about them I guess. I don't know, even the newer Alps linears feel nice to me. Maybe I'm just a fangirl or something idk.

>qwerty layout
you deserve it

What is this layout called?

Attached: 1_6fe02e8d-8a77-41e0-9692-32572b213fdc_1800x1800.jpg (800x800, 39K)

non standard 60% with arrow keys (mind the 2u shift and almost lack of staggering on the bottom alpha row)

thiiiss

Found the IBM hipster
The build quality on the model M is garbage compared to everything else in that era. The Japanese realized how retarded it was and improved it dramatically to be somewhat bearable.

Bamboo case with sakura keycaps and zealios switches. Peek weeb?

>nothing but chink shit
>weeb
Not even close.
Japanese steel case, with topres and dye-sub Hi-pro keycaps

>vibrator
wut?
that's not a vibrator, that's a massaging tool for personal health care. It looks like a girly version of a hitachi magic wand. what makes you think it's a vibrator? was it because it was posted next to a HHKB

Are there any easy ways to convert a normal usb keyboard kit to usb + bluetooth

a simple adapter will work

Are there any controllers I can solder in instead of the typical shit?

there are depending on which keyboard you have, though a plug an play adapter can be used if your keyboard isn't made by Costar or Topre

I really like the layout of the one on the second bottom shelf all the way to the right. Compact, but not hiding F1-F12 behind some Fn-key. What kind of switches does it have?

>tfw finally got a Model M
Missing 3 keycaps and the cable, but it was free so why complain.

Anyone have a good guide to make a DIY cable for it?

Attached: DSC_5037e.jpg (1500x1000, 314K)

>2kro
put it back in the garbage