/mkg/ - Mechanical Keyboard General

Dildos are not technology and the other faggot needs to learn this edition.

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last thread: →

Attached: mechanical-keyboards-under-50-810x541.jpg (810x541, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/store/product/kprepublic-139-Japanese-root-Japan-black-font-language-Cherry-profile-Dye-Sub-Keycap-PBT-for-gh60/3034003_32900219444.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.11.3c435410orHGaI
monoprice.com/product?p_id=11795
modecom.com/en/volcano-hammer/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Colored keyboards are gay. Only black, shades of grey, and classic beige/pearl are acceptable

Attached: IBM_sluts.jpg (1600x1200, 265K)

>faggots have to make everything about them so they can try to force their fetish on everyone else
Leave the thread, fags. No one likes you. This is why Muslims toss you from rooftops like the refuse that you are, and why you're universally despised by normal people around the world. Find another place to spread your AIDs in.

Attached: fa62z24nv5yy.jpg (4032x3024, 868K)

Attached: large_1360_11878950_1198324086859729_3897343378375226461_o.jpg (1200x667, 281K)

Attached: v80-vntg-topside-min.jpg (1000x700, 60K)

What are your preferred switches, /mkg/?

Attached: 2_ae202366-5741-4c8b-87b5-0b6732bc0e23_620x.jpg (620x620, 74K)

Attached: HTB1wQOwbvBNTKJjy1zdq6yScpXar.jpg (750x563, 379K)

Attached: dhl-free-shipping-GK64-Mechanical-keyboard-64key-metal-shell-custom-light-rgb-cherry-profile-kecap-d (800x800, 169K)

Attached: 4zQnb7v.jpg (2250x1500, 516K)

Attached: 65percent-keyboard-top-2x1-lowres1024-144937.jpg (1024x512, 111K)

Attached: mechanical-2.jpg (640x360, 103K)

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 240K)

what keycap set is this

Not sure. I'm just using these images I have saved. I personally have a Vortex Race 3 with the standard white and grey caps on it. Works nice and wasn't too hard on my wallet.

Attached: Feature-Image.png (1000x534, 357K)

Attached: kirawhole.png (1015x676, 998K)

Sup /mkg/, looking to buy a keyboard

> Budget
> Switches
Browns / purples
I like tactile switches like the blues too but I don't want to get kicked out of my house
> Layout
US
> Form factor
75%, TKL or full size. The bigger the better
> Backlight
Preferred but not necessary. I'm a sucker for rgb too.
> Previous/current keyboards
shitty Logitech wireless and my thinkpad's keyboard
> Special needs
QMK/KLL programmable

I am OK with soldering and assembling everything myself. I also don't mind sourcing the parts from different vendors

> What I think I'd like
KBD75 looks like it would match most of my criteria. Anyone have experience with it?

Is tankguys dead?

At the moment it's box navies & royals with a navy spring. Though I'd like to try out the hako royals, and slapping a hako clear/true spring in a navy.

How much is it? I really want a KBD75 but this vortex looks good too

KBD75 is generally considered pretty good, but if you like having more keys you could try looking around for any 96key ones that might be available right now or in the near future

i own the whitefox pictured here with silent kalih red switches, its top tier. Typing has never been so comfy.

>chinks make a great set of tengwar legends
>slap fucking qwerty on it in bright red because why the fuck not
I just don't understand the reasoning

Reposting from last thread:

>Budget
$200 AUD - $150 USD
>Location (continent at least)
Australia
>Preferred switch type
Cherry MX Blue or a similar derivative
>Layout
ansi
>Form factor
100% Full Keyboard
>Backlight
RGB
>Previous/current keyboards
Razer BlackWidow Chroma - a key is giving me problems after 18 months so preferably no razer.

Appreciate this suggestion and will certainly consider it, but if there's one more thing I like that I forgot to mention, it's the 5 additional macro keys on the left.
Are they generally only included on gaming boards? I actually like having them for productivity software. I can never get used to the buttons on a graphics tablet.

Bump

Yeah, you might want to get an external macropad for like $40 if you don't wanna be stuck with gamer trash keyboards.

>dedicated kode button

Attached: story-20170113165507-kwk-hero-image-670x447_resized_670x447.jpg (670x447, 151K)

>How much is it?
Around 140 USD on Amazon. That's where I got mine.

Thanks, I'll probably stick with the kbd75 for like $180 then, unless I can find a discount somewhere.

No problem. I'm not home right now but the Amazon image is pretty accurate. I have mine set up like this. Switches feel pretty good and it has been comfortable for many hours of typing.

Attached: 41lWM2UAuJL._AC_SY200_.jpg (483x164, 24K)

Ok thanks

Is there any relatively cheap topre keyboard? I don't care at all about aesthetic, just functionality.

Either a type-heaven if you want an actual topre brand board, or one of the multiple chink clones.

Thanks, I'll check them out!

There's a chink topre 60% board on assdrop right now too if you care about that size board.

I'll look it up, thanks. Generally I prefer tkl or fullsize, but if the price is good I'd settle with a 60%.

you have to go back

Opinions are like assholes

Nevermind the numerous vintage boards that were colorful.

Attached: dasher.jpg (2592x1944, 898K)

Attached: Microdrives.jpg (1600x1205, 228K)

Attached: chyron.jpg (1280x720, 267K)

Attached: ITT Courier 110169-003.jpg (2592x1456, 765K)

Attached: 65dhHhF.jpg (4032x3024, 1.97M)

Thats cool except fuck those arrow keys

my dream is a filco with silver switches - does it exist?

if not a filco, what would the second best thing with silver switches be

Why is that almost every keyboard posted here is some gay colored shit with a weird layout and a lot of keys missing?

Is there not a feature comparison website for mechanical keyboards? I'm trying to look for one but all google gives are shill sites like "Best Mechanical Keyboards for 2018" or "Top 13 Mechanical Keyboards", all of which are dominated by Razer and Corsair.

I'm deciding between Masterkeys MK750 and the Ducky One.

What are you trying to compare about them?

I just want to understand every possible difference before deciding to buy because they seem very similar to me. I'd be choosing the MX Blue variant of either one because I've grown to like clickiness.

that thing is beautiful

r8 my keyboard-themed desktop!

Attached: 2018-08-09-210416_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 905K)

Why don't they just put the tenkey on the left side?

I don't care for the date/time on the conky that's off-center. Other than that it looks pretty good. Also, what's special about GaliumOS? Does it help a lot with battery life or is it a meme? Right now I've got pretty great defaults on OpenSUSE as far as power management goes, since it has about 4-5 hours more battery than it had on Ubuntu.

Gallium has actual touchpad drivers for chromeOS. I HATE not being able to tap to click. Also, volume/brightness keys actually do as they're labelled out of the box.

what keybaord is that m8

>Why is that almost every keyboard posted here is some gay colored shit with a weird layout and a lot of keys missing?
It's the mark of le hacker
Fewer keys = better at hacking

it's some keyboard off google images.

aliexpress.com/store/product/kprepublic-139-Japanese-root-Japan-black-font-language-Cherry-profile-Dye-Sub-Keycap-PBT-for-gh60/3034003_32900219444.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.11.3c435410orHGaI
r these good? upgrading caps on my noppoo choc mini i already have a 5.5u spacebar

XD75 clone on kbdfans when

Can somebody explain what's up with the brass plate meme?

>he doesn't know

This is a legitimately badass keyboard. G.Skill showing how it's done.

Attached: 71ijDhinrzL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x900, 169K)

Any suggestions for a non-mechanical, backlit keyboard? I actually type better with the membrane keyboards with a lighter touch (think the type that you'd find in a university computer lab) and I find the mechanical keyboards excessively loud.

I've been using this one for some time but now my "L" key is getting sticky.

monoprice.com/product?p_id=11795

Attached: 117951.jpg (1200x900, 139K)

Just use a logitech with romer g switches, like the g910

SA flat R3
SA 2-2-3-3-3-3
SA 1-1-2-3-4-3
SA 1-1-2-3-4-4
and on and on and on...

why can't agree on a fucking SA row profile?

Anything non-gayyyming?

Quite playing with your typewriters grandpa. Thin and slim is the way of the future.

Attached: RW7Lih.jpg (752x423, 43K)

>Europe
>60€ tops

Recommend please

/mu/ here to kill the thread.

I wish the neon accents to the left weren't there. I just want a blackout keyset for a 96 keyboard

Attached: just.png (1920x1080, 1.06M)

This.

Is that a fucking abacus on the top?

you guys are retarded your spending 200-500$ on keyboards that lag 30-50ms while I spent 30$ on a keyboard that lags 0.2ms.

stop buying old outdated shit and wanking over the "feel"

How retarded would it be to get a JISboard for weeaboo street cred? That space bar fucking scares me man.

Attached: Physical_keyboard_layouts_comparison_ANSI_ISO_JIS.png (1530x1774, 62K)

I can't jelly my dick into your opinion though.

Just tell people you use it

user you don't understand. I need pictures, pictures of spiderman and my legs on my desk near the keyboard while I play osu!

I didn't want to create a new thread for that, so sorry if it's a little off-topic.

My work involve a lot of typing and I'd like to go faster. I already know to use a keyboard and I'm pretty used to it (using Russian style feels great for typing).
What more can I do? Can you recommend me some plug-ins and stuff like that? (I already use some of them)

Attached: 00_46_0100249.png (772x418, 173K)

Are there any low profile keyboards with this particular layout.

Record screen whilst playing with regular keyboard, record keyboard when larping osu

No I fucking don't, hence I'm asking, you utter mong

Topre

Yes, the one you build yourself

>plugins for typing faster
You what? Just touch type properly and I guess you could intentionally practice. Though I feel that if you're already around 90-100wpm ("pretty used to it") then the time you'll spend practicing to improve your speed will far outweigh the time gained by any improvement in your speed. If you enjoy it, though, sure why not.

Wireless (Bluetooth, USB receiver, or both) mechanical keyboard.
With function row.
With some navigation buttons, 2, 4, or all 6.
With a full size or almost full size right shift key.

Is there any such keyboard? Extras are fine, but this is my a solute baseline, and I fail to find anything, let alone good.

For example, on the text editors I use, I have some plugins installed that have an auto-complete option and you don't need to type the complete word or a chunk of a sentence. I'd really be interested in having that kind of things for web browsers.
You don't necessarily need that when you know how to type fast (actually it kinda breaks your overall flow), but in the morning, my fingers are lazy and I'm slow af, so it helps.

So like a dictionary-based autocomplete? Honestly that sounds kinda awful. If you want one though it shouldn't be impossible to find.

what is the most onionman teir keyboard i can buy? as in the complete opposite of a soiboy keyboard. im looking for one that i could buy prefferably new and can find it somewhat easily. im looking for something that has sturdy as fuck build quality and also heavy from using thick materials.

> the complete opposite of a soiboy keyboard
K120 unironically.

New keyboards generally don't tend to be heavy, unless they have brass weights or whatever, which is soiboi tier in and of itself. A proper model F (107 or 122 key, the 4704 ones are better than others because of the full zinc case) or sourcing a beamspring yourself for cheap (paying $1000 for one is the height of soiboiery) are good options too, but it's expensive and not new. A Filco or Varmilo wouldn't be particularly heavy or exceptionally sturdy like the metal IBM vintage boards are, but they still have excellent build quality and are obviously much cheaper and easier to get.

I am looking for the following:

>Budget
Any, I've looked all over already and realize that there isn't much choice
>Location
In EU with delivery to eastern Europe
>Preferred switch type
Electro capacitive switches like Topre, Niz, etc.
>Layout
US layout (ANSI)
>Form factor
100%
>Backlight
Yes, mush have.
>Color
Strong preference for black or dark grey.
>Previous/current keyboards
Currently using TT Poseidon Z.

I'm sick of chattering. Even switches that were replaced start to chatter eventually. Friends who bought expensive mechanical keyboards all complain about chattering eventually.

I have a volcano modecom keyboard i bought it for 145 pln
now there is sale and it's for 125 pln should i buy second one (for future)?
also opinions on this cheap keyboard ?
modecom.com/en/volcano-hammer/

Sounds like cheap chinkshit and a tiny sale, I personally would never bother

that's my first mechanical keyboard i bought it out of curiosity but it turned out good

Get one of the new model Fs with a metal case then. The thing will outlast you.

Try the Ducky Legend. Ducky has very good build quality and this particular model has a 5mm thick aluminium top. The only thing soi about it would be the LEDs which can be switched off. I own one in black with MX blues. It's been a very good keyboard that is comfortable to type on.

Attached: large_956_Legend_black_01.jpg (1200x774, 141K)

thats classy color schema tho

Attached: IMG_20180810_212127.jpg (4000x3000, 3.06M)

Can't wait to get this.

>E nter

Attached: C6hu9TzWYAA-Bnh.jpg:large.jpg (687x1024, 167K)

Just bought this for 13 euro and it's better than any mechanical keyboard I've ever tried. The feel of these keys is just perfect.

Attached: logi.jpg (1681x730, 193K)

Why do keycaps suffer from kerning issues so often?
I can kind of get alignment. Not always - it's not hard to just mathematically center a legend, sometimes it won't look very good, but some sets have just completely out of whack legends that aren't centered at all which looks much worse - but still. Meanwhile kerning is just fucking text, more than half the time you can leave kerning disabled and just use natural letter widths and it'll look better than the shit that gets printed. Yet the amount of "S hift", "E nter", "Cap slock", "Backsp ace" etc. you see all the time is astounding.

Apple's new keyboard is FAR superior to mechanical trash you push here.