Two more years before Intel's 10nm. AMD will be moving to 7nm in less than twelve months. How does this make you feel?

Two more years before Intel's 10nm. AMD will be moving to 7nm in less than twelve months. How does this make you feel?

Attached: 14nm+++++++++++++++++++++++.jpg (1510x1006, 1.72M)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/966jyy/amd_to_bring_am4_for_zen2_zen2_wont_work_on/
phys.org/news/2018-08-chemists-blue.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

AMD will be moving to 7nm in less than 9 months user

just wait for ZEN3 in 2020 to kill all those Intlel faggots 7nm with even lower power consuption and heat

Only a pleb would conflate a naming system with a process equivalency.

I dont give a fuck because im not a consumerost pig

It makes me feel fine because AMD will botch it without a doubt

protip: intel's 10nm was already less dense than glofo's/TSMC's 7nm before they had to gut it

In 2019 Intel will announce brand new Lake Lake on 14++++++
In 2023 Intell will give up and spin out its fabs

Only a pleb believes on Intel 10 nm working

hmmm?

I need 7nm everything RIGHT FUCKING NOW

How much do AMD shills get paid, the whole board is filled to the brim with useless consumerist threads like this one, neck yourself OP

Attached: intlel.gif (600x600, 127K)

Mama Lisa showing (((them))) who's boss

Fucking finally.
Intel does not move if you don't kick it forward.

Intel is run by sassy black women and pajeet diversity hires now. All the competent white men left for AMD, ARM, etc in 2015

I have to pay for electricity so I dont care

At this point I don't really care about node shrinks much, once you're in the ball park of 7 nm it gets harder and harder to make further improvements just due to the physical limitations of transistors and the atoms involved. I think overall Ryzen has an edge right now architecturally, but it would be interesting to see if Intel can leverage Altera for consumer grade CPUs and promote programmable logic as a mainstream performance enhancer for software rather than relegating it to their HPC product lineup.

Is ryzen 2400g made with 10nm process?

how many more generations will intel cpoos be vulnerable though?

no fucking way are they going to can the stuff they had planned for the next 1-2 years just to redesign the vulnerable speculative stuff

>intel
>doing anything right

14nm. The APU's are first gen Ryzen.

14nm+

10nm is still vulnerable so maybe when they move onto 7.

>AMD will be moving to 7nm in less than twelve months
Winter of THIS year, for fuck's sakes. How many more times do I have to reapeat this to you, you dumb fa/g/s?

>10nm
I guess you haven't heard, but it is 12nm now

not it's not, see

>"AMD stealing our sales, how do we fix it? "
>"Add two more cores! "
>"AMD is ahead of our 10nm technology, how do we fix it? "
>"Add two more nanometers!"

Until they release a completely new uarch, which could be 2022-2023

i loved that intel made simple FMA calculations into a new instruction set and called them NEURAL
just for them to be not even 2% faster

It doesnt even matter because 10nm was slower than 14nm+++++++ even before it was gutted

COPE

Attached: 1517943791961.jpg (1100x1002, 540K)

cooper lake? more like pooper lake hahaha

SHUT IT DOWN

So when Intlel will finally be on 10nm in 2020 AMD will be on 5nm? lul

If you read the non-meme tech sites they all say that Intel's 10nm is the same as TSMC's 7nm in terms of density and performance.

There are 2 key differences.
First of all. TSMC 7nm works. Unlike dumpsterfire of Intel 10nm. You can have all the performance you want. If it doesn't work, it doesn't matter
Second. That was before Intel gave up on their 10nm jump and decided to scale down it a bit, to a point of semi-accurate calling it 12nm.
So to sum up. We have 7nm process that works and should products come out in a few quarters vs 10 nm that doesn't has to be scaled down and products come in 20xx.

Also.
IIRC The only known Intel 10nm chip has worse boost clock than that of 14+++. Which means that it is not in any shape, way or form "same" as jump from 14nm to 7nm

Wrong. Raven ridge is not summit ridge

Wouldnt that mean that intel will actually lose performance in a generation when switching to 10nm?

not exactly. If you look at the specs, 10nm is slightly worse then most 7 nm ones, especially in layer counts.

As of right now they would

Intel have already stated themselves that they expect to see a performance regression in the first lineup of products using 10nm, so it may be another 12-18 months after that before they can ship a competitive product on it. The whole thing is a complete fucking disaster.

Attached: JUST.jpg (921x865, 161K)

I can't believe just how accurate that tweet was.

That's what they want you to think. When AMD comes out with 10nm and 7nm intel will be right there, with CPUs that will run circles around poozen3. You will see.

Intel and Israel have been too busy working on creating chips that are easily manipulated and watched without user knowledge.

10 < 7

>just WAIT tm

Massive erection to be honest

Attached: 440295919529.png (166x166, 14K)

>Multi-core doesn't matter!
>Productivity doesn't matter!
>Price/performance doesn't matter!
>Performance per watt doesn't matter!
>Power usage doesn't matter!
>Temperatures don't matter!
>Soldered dies don't matter!
>Stutters don't matter!
>Streaming doesn't matter!
>Data centers don't matter!
>Locked CPUs don't matter!
>OEMs don't matter!
>Hyperscalers don't matter!
>Upgradeability doesn't matter!
>Anti-competitive business practices don't matter!
>Locked platform features don't matter!
>Synthetic loads don't matter!
>PCI-e lanes don't matter!
>Burnt pins don't matter!
>Heat doesn't matter!
>Server space doesn't matter!
>ECC support doesn't matter!
>*NEW* 7nm doesn't matter!
>*NEW* HEDT doesn't matter!
>*NEW* StoreMI doesn't matter!
>*NEW* Security doesn't matter!
>*NEW* Stock coolers don't matter!
>*NEW* Games don't always matter!
>*NEW* Hyperthreading doesn't matter!

Attached: 1502432194480.png (350x314, 6K)

5nm is as memey as 10nm, literally everyone perceives upcoming huge problems with it aside from just IBM who already uses it. AMD, highly likely, will be going 4nm instead of 5nm. However, there are 99.99% 3nm and lower won't exist at all as feasible option, since 4nm is currently being touted as the absolute wall. New materials/technologies needed. It's very understandable if everyone stops at 4nm and then moves to new materials/tech...or great crisis of stagnation happens, literal Great Depression in computer hardware means.

so intel clearly fucked up with 10nm but their 7nm(aka 5nm) process is according to all sources doing just fine and on track with fab 42 since early 2017. when you take this and their absurd r&d spending relative to amd aren't they very likely to just jump back ahead to the massive advantage they had before in ~2 years?

>(((heir))) """""7nm"""""" (aka 5nm)
See

>when you take this and their absurd r&d spending relative to amd
AMD are fabless and don't have to spend money creating new nodes, which is why they've jumped ahead of Intel. TSMC and GlobalFoundries are doing all the work for them. Sure, AMD still have to pay for usage, but they have options and no risk, whilst Intel are tethered to their own failed node and completely unable to move forward at this point.

>likely to just jump back ahead to the massive advantage they had before in ~2 years?
Ha, good one. Their own roadmap says that 10nm won't be ready until 2020, let alone anything beyond that. Where are these "all sources" claiming that Intel will be jumping to 7nm in that timeframe? Why are they still clinging to the hope of getting their 10nm yields where they need to be if their 7nm process is almost ready? The answer is because that's complete bullshit.

Maybe five years down the line Intel will have clawed themselves out of the hole they've dug for themselves, but the competition isn't going to stand still and wait for them to do it. Everybody else will be moving to smaller nodes too, and almost certainly a long time before Intel does at this point.

How does this make sense?

I'd say it's more like that jumping to the 7nm node would mean that all the money went into 10nm is down the drain, along with a good chunk of their reputation. The jew might sell their soul, but they don't throw billions out of the window.

Jim Keller is going to do his magic thing again, but it's still going to take years. And even then, Intel's fabs are still fucked. I don't really see a chance for them until they spin their fabs off.

desu ironically it seems for once intel is the one being the least jewish about their nanomemes and believing intels fuckup with this particular dye shrinkage to 10nm will completely erase the advantage they built up over the past 10+ years with 100 gazillion shekels in r&d is just amd redditors wishful thinking. amd having a competitive product for once is making you lose all sense of perspective, their latest chips are still not not even beating the supposedly ancient 14nm intel 10th or w.e iteration when it comes to IPC or gaming or high end products it's still muh price/performance and muh cores as always, correct me if im wrong. maybe they can improve their ~1.5% server market share somewhat to make up for crypto dying

the 7nm and 10nm processes at intel are completely seperate projects, they clearly still consider 10nm salvagable. also you don't seem to understand that intel 10nm=amd 7nm and intel 7nm=amd 5nm + you do realize amd is currently still on 14nm/12nm just like intel right? they haven't actually released anything more just yet . let's see if amd actually does beat intel to market with their 7nm(=10nm intel) zen3 cpu that is actually superior and for once delivers on their wild claims

Attached: 21825d1529099842-slide5[1].jpg (1208x680, 91K)

|
|>
|
|
|

>intel 10nm=amd 7nm and intel 7nm=amd 5nm
Lo and behold, ladies and gentlemen. Very clear example, the very epitome of what typical Intbecile consists of.

>7nm Zen 3 cpu
7nm is Zen 2, you dumb fuck.

>you do realize amd is currently still on 14nm/12nm just like intel right?
You do realize AMD is sending out 7nm EPYCs to select companies between December of THIS year and January of next year right? They aren't staying at 14nm for much longer.

TSMC and Samsung have more R&D money than 10 Intel companies combined

I think spinning off their fabs is the best move AMD's previous execs made and it actually worked out great for both AMD and GloFo too.

>2020

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING

Attached: tfw_intel.png (633x900, 162K)

they don't have leapfrogging teams, if their 10nm got delayed, it means that everything after that gets delayed as well

The best part is that Ice Lake design is actually ready, they just can't fab it yet.

Did you mean to say ironically? Would make more sense if you'd said unironically.

Ryzen's 12nm is far bigger than Intels 14nm++, despite this, Intel cant even compete in anything except gaming. Once Globalfoundries and TSMC match Intels new (((10nm))) node with their 7nm node, Intel will lose the single advantage they had left.

Epyc 7nm is literally being sampled in 2H 2018

WE MUST PUT AN END TO THIS ANTI-SEMITISM

Attached: 1527629778452.jpg (679x758, 54K)

Zen 2 will be on AM4+; current motherbords not compatibile

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/966jyy/amd_to_bring_am4_for_zen2_zen2_wont_work_on/

AMD POOZEN ON SUICDAL WATCH

>reddit
>no source whatsoever

*12nm

STAY MAD RYPOO

>intel shills spreading FUD again

Attached: 1528222249083.png (1196x676, 1.05M)

>AMD is on "14nm/12nm"
Bullshit, if they were to use Intel's measurements, the "14nm/12nm" node AMD uses is actually 20nm. "7nm" is technically 16nm or 11nm. Intel remains ahead with their true 14nm node. Even their gutted 10nm node will still have higher density than TSMC's "7nm"

Makes me feel like the scale will finally balance for once. Competition ftw!

I look forward to seeing. It'll be funny.

>"7nm" is technically 16nm or 11nm
If you look at the actual measures, it's very close to intel's "10nm"
>true 14nm node
No such thing. It's a name made up by the marketing team, nothing else.

icd if it's 100nm, as long as it's faster...

>being this delusional

Attached: 7nm Comparisons.jpg (685x599, 69K)

>Intel shill tactic is to call AMD posts shill posts

Like clockwork

word on the street is intel will bring their process naming in line with the foundries and "skip 7nm altogether" aka rebranding their 7nm to 5nm, obviously for marketing reasons and the best is the other chipmakers won't be able to say shit about it because it matches their definitions for density and they'd only call attention to the fact that they frauded for years "matching" intels processes when they were playing catch-up

Intel's blue is literal eyecancer.
phys.org/news/2018-08-chemists-blue.html

kek intlel shill is so anally devastated his piece of shit of a company is dying

nice, more power means even higher clocks than before

Attached: patton_7lp_fx-7_briefing_final_4.png (960x540, 316K)

>Intel is literal eyecancer.
FTFY

>Intel's blue is literal eyecancer.
>phys.org/news/2018-08-chemists-blue.html
>Intel is literal eyecancer.
AMD stands for Age-related Macular Degeneration

>reddit

So AMD is warning us about Intel?

B U T T H U R T
U
T
T
H
U
R
T

O B S E S S E D

>honey, junior's new computer system did it again!

Attached: buyingamd.jpg (474x317, 21K)

>says the intel shill

Attached: p95-3.6ghz-1.15vid-locked.png (2523x1241, 162K)

DELID PLEASE THIS IS ANTI-SEMITIC

ice lake isn't a new arch, it's the same shit as Core but with some changes

amd big shit no buy
intel very good i buy and family
amd has bots to review
i longimte intel fan
intel foreva

Attached: 1503401098944.jpg (550x550, 58K)