/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

Post your questions here

>Read
→ → → →

>search
>ddg.gg/lite

>redirect anons making their own threads with >GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
>pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
>pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
>pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
>pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Previous thread:

Attached: 8 crop resized.jpg (500x500, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

links.twibright.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flexible_flat_cable
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is there a deep learning voice changer yet
Thinking about becoming a Virtual Youtuber

Attached: tdfrgverdfgdfgdx.jpg (640x480, 221K)

>groupie
Good taste OP, that was a really good one

bump

based loliposter

>tfw no immortal loli gf

Attached: 1506710996251.jpg (500x429, 23K)

What do you mean name? Registration name? That is embedded in de certificate itself, just check any https website

How do they generally do the voice?

They higher actual females

Attached: 1530817387667.png (355x510, 183K)

That was my first Rustle doujin. Oh the memories...

What is the best tool for quickly (as in no reboot required) erasing an external hdd connected via sata bridge? I used that other one in the past but forgot its name

>higher
kys

Sorry, English isn't my first language.

Sorry, sounded to me like a Google voice typing fuckup.

>What is the best tool for quickly (as in no reboot required) erasing an external hdd connected via sata bridge? I used that other one in the past but forgot its name
Windows or Linux? What's a sata bridge?

My pleasure.

Do I need anything other than a switch and two ethernet cables to make a network between two computers?

I liked this doujin.

Is 2TB of storage enough? I play vidya, but it's 105 GB ofmostly PS1 and SNES games, with the very occasional Gamecube or PS2 game. I also have 58 GB of textbooks in the form pdfs and 225 GB of Music

Is there a button or anything hidden somewhere in excel that lets me click it or assign it to a shortcut to increment the highlighted cell by one? Is this going to need a macro programmed for it?

Yes, but you can also get away with just the ethernet cable most of the time.

>I liked this doujin.
Me too.
>Is 2TB of storage enough? I play vidya, but it's 105 GB ofmostly PS1 and SNES games, with the very occasional Gamecube or PS2 game. I also have 58 GB of textbooks in the form pdfs and 225 GB of Music
user, I hate to tell you this, but you're exhibiting the signs of an early hoarder. I started at 500GB 10 years ago... I'm around 30TB now. There is never enough storage. Don't fall for the cloud meme, you either have positive control of your data or you don't.
Get two 2TB drives. Keep one live, back up everything to the other one once a week.
Welcome to the club.

Is there a single metric I can use to determine how good a processor is in single core performance?

How big a profit margins with graphic cards? I often see good deals for 1060/570 and higher but almost never with entry level cards. Is the margin too thin there or do poorfags just get the buttfuck treatment?

Like a benchmark to run on your PC?
CPUs are designed to do a lot of different math. You need to know what type of math you want to test for.
Maths for you britbongs, calculations for everyone else that doesn't speak the Queen's English.

>Is the margin too thin there
Pretty much. The engineering, fabrication, shipping, all costs the same. What you're getting with the lower end cards is slightly less ram, and silicon that didn't bin well.
Overall cost for a 1080Ti is the same as a 1030 or whatever the lowest rate card is, minus the ram and a couple connectors. They still need to design the PCB, etch the silicon, ship everything, etc.
So, yeah, margins are tight, and the market is smaller. On the otherhand, you're getting it at near cost, while the 1080Ti people are literally being ripped off. They overpaying for something, but it performs a lot better, so they advertise the performance, and not the cost to make it.

regular consumer cpus
i just to know how any cpu ranks compared to others. not using benchmarks, but by measuring real properties of the cpu.

>i just to know how any cpu ranks compared to others. not using benchmarks, but by measuring real properties of the cpu.
You measure those properties with benchmarks.
What are you trying to do?
CPUs have different instruction sets. Some can be overclocked, some can't. Some can do virtualization, some can't. Some can encode x265 well, others can't.

whats some good site for getting remote casual coding work?

I've got a stuck green subpixel on my IPS display. The weird thing is that it doesn't seem like the whole subpixel is stuck, more like 1/3rd of it. So if I light up that particular pixel with green it reacts normally, and as I transition it to black it slowly dims until it reaches the point where it's "stuck" and then doesn't go further below that. I don't know if there's just a brightness floor where its stuck or if it's actually possible for it to somehow "leak" and actually have only part of the subpixel be on.

I've been blasting it with UDPixel and have tried putting some pressure on it with a pencil eraser and microfiber cloth, but it doesn't seem to be affecting it. Anybody got any other ideas?

hire
yes, it sounds identical
yes, english is stupid

Is there a program that accurately removes the white background from jpgs in the year of 2018

>english is stupid
I find it separates those who are from everyone else.

>it doesn't seem like the whole subpixel is stuck, more like 1/3rd of it.
-_-

If they both have gigabit ethernet adaptors, you can just connect them directly. If they don't you can just buy a cheap crossover cable, or rig your own if you're crafty.

Hello Jow Forumsees, my sadness is very big. I don't know how to motivate myself to become good at computers. Programming, Linux, typing like an adult, etc. I can't make myself feel like it's real even though I know it is. How do you convince your primitive hindbrains that sitting on your ass in the dark is productive?

Attached: b4abf271e6751fdb7086a1cd6ce11eaf.jpg (829x1200, 288K)

How do I get a groupie like this?

Is there any program you can like add a buttfucking ton of pictures too a database, and then have it scan the pictures for visually alike pictures and present dups with the option to keep the best quality picture out of the duplicates?
Linux preferred or usable with wine.

how secure is the darkweb? how can i be sure i wont be monitored?

If they want/need to monitor you, they will. No darkweb shit will keep you safe.

Or just be in Russia.

How do i make youtube-dl download in .mp3?

thanks dudes

-x --audio-format mp3

dunno, I just find certain topics interesting so don't need to be motivated for those
People who learn to program just for money usually end up hating their life

>Rustle doujin
wait what is this? link me fucker

sadpanda

Is it even possible to be this new?

Attached: b&.png (345x132, 21K)

By using encrypted data on any port but 443, you are already being elevated to a deviant watchlist.
From there its just making one mistake and you're done for

>oh shit

It exists and has been used for some time by at least one virtual YouTuber. Nobody knew until the guy did a live stream and the tech failed on him for a second, revealing his real face and voice.

Attached: Screenshot_20180810-120628.png (1080x1920, 1.07M)

noice

user, I'd like to introduce you to a picture of the floor.

Why cant i view an archived thread when using 4chanx?
I click the link and it loads but it has "thread is archived you cannot post" but it dosent load the rest of the thread for viewing.
Is there a setting that blocks this?

Switch from grease monkey to violent monkey.

How do I transfer password from chrome to safari?

Have tried nearly everything a google search has proposed to me but nothing seems to work

I have been using VM from the start.

So, the other day my ISP (shaw) emailed me. Apparently Sony contacted them and basically gave them a warning that they detected someone in my house torrenting (read: me or my brother) a game and they could sue me if I continue is the gist of it. (and before you say it's a scam, I doubt it as it was a game that I actually have interest in that isn't very mainstream so I doubt it, and there wasn't any "send us your credit card number etc")

So obviously I am now deciding that I can't really just be opening TPB on chrome and adding magnets to bittorrent, but I don't really know where to start for privacy. What VPN should I get (I assume I really should)? What exactly is a seedbox and should I use one? What else should I be using to make sure Sony and other big fuckers like them don't get me?

Attached: 1499279823671.jpg (640x944, 81K)

I hate myself and everything I stand for.
I work hard and put in so much effort and don't get any recognition at my work.
I see others around me put in less effort but get more praise.
When I ask for necessary things that I need to be happy I am denied.
I never know if the people around me care about me or say they do to keep appearances.
How do I find happiness when I don't love myself?
I recently quit smoking weed and am now drug-free, but don't feel any better about myself.
I work out every day and try to improve myself but feel like it is pointless and that I am getting nowhere.
Although I am Improving at my job and doing better every day I feel like I am still where I started a year ago.
Why can't I find happiness what do I need to do?

How compatible is your average SFF 8088 SAS card with Windows 10? Alot of them also have RAID controllers built in that I don't really care about. I would assume most of them still work without being raided right? I've never really used a hardware RAID before except in an old poweredge server and I don't really want to.

how do i play twitter videos on Firefox

Attached: Capture.png (589x375, 11K)

The 1030 also has a lower end chip, so it can act as a dumping ground for 1080ti chips with bad cores.

Sounds like you need to see a therapist.

Don't be a phone poster

Attached: tohru shrug.jpg (427x441, 41K)

twitter media works on my phone fine, the problem is on my pc

so you don't know?
cool, got it

When I recording sound with sharex, the fps is really low and I cant hear the audio

I have cable output set to default device/default communications and my speaker set to playback, i cant hear anything in the recording

Attached: file.png (659x575, 20K)

Firefox add-on for selectively disabling javascript? Toggling in about:config for paywalled local papers takes too long.

Attached: commanderkeen4_items_and_enemies.gif (687x1102, 43K)

>he can't get behind the pander

Sad!

I just use private trackers like ggn lol

the web console on firefox shows "Unhandled promise rejection undefined" every time i try to watch a video

so you just don't know?... cool

I think I do too. They are expensive 200$ an hour is like half my monthly wage.

What is the safest browser and search engine both for the computer and phone in terms of privacy?

ALTERNATIVELY

does anyone know how to use OBS to record a certain size?

Like I know you can select windows and stuff, but it will still record in whatever resolution put you it at it

I want to record in the resolution i pick, similar to how in apps like camtasia and sharex you can crop to a specific area and it will record only that

Firefox with uBlock Origin.

Why should anyone spoonfeed someone who is even too retarded to use google? Christ, at least make an effort.

links.twibright.com/
called links

NoScript and ublock Origin

Hit or miss mostly.

Maybe a doctor's visit that ends in antidepressant prescription would be cheaper. Then it's just like 70 bucks for the pills.

I have long suspected that all of the most popular of those freaks of nature are men.

I'm starting to get used to the edit-config-files-for-settings mentality (as opposed to gui menus). One thing I'm having trouble with is finding all the settings that I can edit via config file. Something like compton I can't find a break down of all the available settings or even ncmpcpp.
How do I deal with this? Should I get used to reading source code?

What are these tiny 4 pin ribbon cable connectors called? Nintendo uses them on everything but searching "ribbon cable" only shows huge ass hard drive cables

Attached: ghfgdhjfc.png (124x134, 51K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flexible_flat_cable
note that quite often they're custom, if you need a replacement for one, you'll need to be very specific

I just installed an mSATA SSD. How do I check that it's working properly? I'm on Elementary OS

install gentoo onto it

Please give me a real answer

Will any PCI-E wireless card work with my ASUS A55VD? I'm looking to upgrade my wireless card.

Any of the consensual Little Girls is better. This just makes my dick go soft.

Waterfox

How come my screen orientation won't change if I use my nvidia GPU?

I've looked around and haven't found an answer yet. Ctrl alt left, right, or down don't do anything.

Attached: 1494178337480.jpg (465x620, 61K)

How do I change what happens when I press the guide button on my PS3/Xbox controller in windows 10? There must be a way, Steam does something with it.

manpages, bro

Under gaming in settings.

Why does the cute girl in my CS classes only ever speak to me when she needs someone to fix her shitty code?
Why is she the only cute girl who even notices me?
Why didn't my high school sweetheart want to go to homecoming or prom with me?

Attached: 1521792739929.gif (500x500, 1.28M)

S.M.A.R.T.

3D women are NOT important

It's hard to say without spending some time with you. You might be ugly, have an annoying personality, or even stink.

Well you're not wrong but I'm looking to make it do something other than open game bar or do nothing. Actually, I want it to open Kodi and if it's open give it focus.

talking about spoon feeding in /sqt/
>being this unaware

Theres a girl in my class that's always talking to me but she's fucking weird. Has long unruly black hair, pale, always listening to music and always wearing a black hoodie. She's nice but she's fucking weird like stalker type weird. Doesn't help the fact that she is always drinking monster.

is it still worth it to buy previous gen processors or not? example intel generation 7 or generation 1 ryzen