This is how the average Jow Forums user is right now because they don't know anything about music

this is how the average Jow Forums user is right now because they don't know anything about music

Attached: 2015-01-16-Insecurity-Question.jpg (600x579, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-VsmF9m_Nt8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I listen to music all the time though.

Attached: 1522795180183.png (918x594, 63K)

How many years has the average modern artist spent studying the art of music? Did they study under any other musicians? Are their songs just endless repeats of the same three notes and 2 sentences?
Can they tell me the difference between Ionian, Dorian, and Mixolydian modes? How about the difference of the keys of A Major and f# minor? How about a Coda?
You see its more than the instrument, the very way of composing music has gone from "How do we inspire emotion and provoke thought from our listeners?" to "Let's just do a catchy tune, throw in some shitty lyrics, and also crank the bass to 11"

How many years has the average modern artist spent studying the art of music? Did they study under any other musicians? Are their songs just endless repeats of the same three notes and 2 sentences?
Can they tell me the difference between Ionian, Dorian, and Mixolydian modes? How about the difference of the keys of A Major and f# minor? How about a Coda?
You see its more than the instrument, the very way of composing music has gone from "How do we inspire emotion and provoke thought from our listeners?" to "Let's just do a catchy tune, throw in some shitty lyrics, and also crank the bass to 11"

exceptional taste m8

Migrated from /mu/ to Jow Forums around 2014.
Today I have a /comfy/ programming job working with a visual artist, and a qt nordic gf to go to festivals with and to fuck me with a strap-on.

That's capitalism for you. The goal of the music industry is not to produce quality music, but to produce cheap tracks and albums using proven and tried-and-true formulae in order to maximize profits.

Doesn't even make sense.
I play like 5 different instruments.

to be sincere. Complicated harmonies really aren't catchy to people these days. You can undoubtedly create new music using the old methods but it really just doesn't resonate with most people. People don't like modes because they know how it differs from the other scales they recognize, they like hearing modes because certain groups of notes sound more interesting that others.

I've been studying music for a long time and DESU I prefer the modern composition style of "make something that feels good and tweak it till it sounds good" than to compose using fixed patterns like diatonic scales and pre-existing methods of modulating and manipulating harmonies.

catchy bass patterns to a catchy rhythm is really all you need and all most people want

Have any of you ever heard the album "Trout Mask Replica" by Captain Beefheart? Probably not. I am infinitely superior to you neckbeards in every single way and my superior taste in music attests to that. I'll bet you lack even the basic ear training necessary to appreciate this Cadillac of the arts.

You will all repose forever in your mother's basement, autistically yelling at your computer screens while the noise of some stupid primitive electronic drum music pounds ominously in the background, screeching for your mother to bring you more tendies. I, meanwhile, will be reclining in perfect ease on my plush leather sofa, sipping a dry martini and listenting to the soothing refrains of the noble Captain Beefheart, crooning away the sounds of the human soul as every woman you have ever loved from afar slobbers on my superior schlong in ways you can only imagine.

Enjoy your virginity, neckbeards.

>thinking every Jow Forums user is a ogre code monkey in a cave

exceptionally terrible

what the fuck is this thread about

>posting this much of a bitter virgin incel post and then calling other people bitter virgins
I know it's irony but the worst part is that i know people in dream theater cover bands that actually think this way.
i prefer a mix of both but whatever.

I like this meme :)

has anyone really heard of any of these?
i think sound holic was in a ddr game...?

Are you one of those "No art can be made under capitalism" niggers? Ignoring the fact that all great art has come from republics and democracies, based on capitalism?

I've heard of all of them and have a number of them myself.

Is /mu/ X Jow Forums the new shipping?

>i listen to lo-fi hip hop and trendy mainstream music
> i also know who Schubert is
>i am better than everybody else
Fucking neck yourself, music for the past few decades has been injected with kike psy-ops.
Letting the public consume media was a fucking mistake.

>japanese music
Why would you listen to this, you don't even know what they're singing about

I listen to many of them even though I'm not a weeb
Great taste but probably not a pussy killer

>you don't even know what they're singing about
Literally who the fuck cares.

>you don't even know what they're singing about
Speak for yourself, but I don't know why you'd need to understand the lyrics to enjoy music anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=-VsmF9m_Nt8

My whole country listens to english or other foreign music even though 90% don't speak english
Imagine being this retarded

>He doesn't know Japanese

Every sane people?

>despacito is the most popular song in the world
>that means everyone speaks spanish

>getting married in The Current Year

Attached: 1533844273959.png (858x786, 529K)

>i don't need to understand the lyrics to enjoy the song
t. retard with 0 zero taste

You're a fucking idiot.
You listen to music for auditory stimulation, not to understand what they're saying.

Imagine being this retarded.

>despacito is the most popular song in the world
>source: my destructed butthole

>You listen to music for auditory stimulation, not to understand what they're saying.
Good goyim.

Go listen to some audio recording of someone talking then.
Why do you listen to music if you don't even like music?

>listening to music with lyrics at all

>Go listen to some audio recording of someone talking then.
Take away the beat from a rap song and you'll still get poetry, like it or not.
Prose =/= Poetry.

>Why do you listen to music
I don't. It distracts me.

>you don't even like music
I never said that.
The lyrics in a song are there for a reason.

>listening to anime soundtracks

We're not talking about poetry you idiot. We're talking about music.
Poetry != music

>The lyrics in a song are there for a reason.
Yes, because listening to (good) vocalists are stimulating for the ears. Literally who gives a shit about what they're actually saying.

>I never said that.
Yeah but you're implying it, and it's pretty obvious.
You don't actually like music, you just like poetry. Go listen to some poetry.

>Poetry != music
Ask how I know that you have no idea what poetry means.
>inb4 pulls out a fucking google definition
Yeah no.

>Yes, because listening to (good) vocalists are stimulating for the ears.
Vocals =/= Lyrics, especially in modern time where pop music has inarticulate noises for chorus.

>Literally who gives a shit about what they're actually saying.
People who write meaningful lyrics for their songs? The fans who spend time analyzing the lyrics? Music critics? People?

>Yeah but you're implying it, and it's pretty obvious.
You are wrong, I like music.
>You don't actually like music, you just like poetry. Go listen to some poetry.
Nice strawman.

Yes under capitalism everyone can make music.
Niggers can make niggershit. Faggots can make boybands.Hippies can make hippieshit. Nips can make weebshit ,Vaporwave fans can make vaporwave.etc
Would you prefer all music being about glorifying the great leader?

it literally is

Solid 8/10
You ever listen to syrufit?

Go back watching zeros reviews.