Tpb no trans allowed edition /tpg/

*Any transsexual related posts will be ignored*

Previous thread: >> →→
If you're looking for purchase advice, state your budget and requirements (e.g. size and performance).
Don't buy anything OTHER THAN IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad T, X, and W/P Series if you want the Real Business Experience™

>Other business laptops are welcome in /tpg/ (Dell Latitude/Precision, HP EliteBook/ZBook).

Libreboot-compatible models:
>T60 (check lcd), X60(s/t); X200(s/t. -s requires soldering), T400(s)/500; W500.

Modern models:
>X220/X230 - 12", 768p, cheap and light
>T420/T430 - 14", 900p, widely available, socketed CPU, both Coreboot-compatible (Ivy Bridge CPU support on T420); Quad Core Compatible, Old keyboard swap on *30 series
>T520/530; W520/530 - 15", 1080p, DTR, 32GB RAM on quadcore models, USB 3.0
>T440p/540p; W540/1 - Last Thinkpads with socketed processors, easily replaceable trackpad (W541 doesn't need trackpad replacement)
>P-Series - 15'' + 17'', 4K display, up to 64GB of RAM, Xeon CPU option. Expensive.

Upgraded models:
>X210 - X200/X201, i5 8250u quadcore
>X62 - X61, i5 5250u
>T70 - T60, i7 7700 hq
IPS displays, USB 3.0, m.2 x4, mini dp, no
forum.51nb.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=117

Why ThinkPad?
>Used machines are plentiful and cheap
>Excellent keyboards - tactile feel and quiet
>Great durability: magnesium rollcage for structural integrity, with high quality plastic body panels
>Utilitarian design: e.g. indicator LEDs, 7 row keyboard layout on older models
>Docking stations that easily turns your laptop into a desktop
>Easy to repair (most models), upgrade & maintain thanks to readily available service manuals for every model, spare parts easy & cheap to obtain
>The best TrackPoint™, great for those who type a lot or hate swiping their fingers all over a touchpad
>Excellent GNU/Linux & *BSD support

>ThinkWiki - Info on ThinkPads & running GNU/Linux on them:
thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkWiki
>BIOS logo booru:
biosimage.booru.org

Attached: tpg.png (194x259, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834850877
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_parentheses
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This thread was created to establish a new OP

/tpg/ is sick and tired of being overrun by tranny posts

From here on out we must ignore all trany posts.

Trans posting NOT welcome in /tpg/ ever

I installed an MSATA SSD on my x230 so now I'm ready to sell my regular 2.5 SSD. It seems though my Keyboard is a bit fucked up now and it feels slightly raised

Why are you transphobic user?

I fucked up a keyboard on a t430 when reinstalled it, felt like the middle was raised up a bit.

Remember to ignore posts like this. You may address the post, but dont speak to the troll directly. Give them the free (you)

Understand any trans post in /tpg/ is instantly regarded as a TROLL post.

Good OP.
What'd be the best thinkpad in terms of balance between modern upgraded hardware and design? Are the t430 and x230 the only ones?

Well she's clearly a woman so it doesn't count.

Attached: 1529908304045.jpg (2400x3200, 1.11M)

Remember to ignore posts like this. You may address the post, but dont speak to the troll directly. Give them the free (you)

Understand any trans post in /tpg/ is instantly regarded as a TROLL post.

What are the objective benefits of librebooting my X220

No, the most recommended you will get here are the x230 and the t440p. X230 for portability and old keyboard and t440p for more power, storage, bigger and better screen

I agree with user, that's a woman

>x230
>old keyboard
Assuming you meant the classic 7-row keyboard, it has the new shitlet style keyboard.

You can install an x220 keyboard in it

Ah, I forgot. I'd rather go with the x230 because of the design that isn't fucked up. Thanks for the suggestions user.

Why not just get the x220?

>/tpg/ is sick and tired of being overrun by tranny posts
No it's not, I for one welcome trapcode as the poster girl for Jow Forums thinkpads

Because the x230 has Ivy Bridge processor + HD 4000 iGPU

Remember all posts like this are troll.

Posts like this are trying to dismantle /tpg/

Ignore and continue our laptop discussions!

I agree with you
Fuck the transphobic assholes

>not wanting a big tiddy trans gf

user, who hurt you?

What do you have against me liking bussy?

>girl

Are the 51nb motherboard mods a meme?

Your stupidity.

My question from previous thread:

Get a t440p or a t440s

/thread

Honestly, if possible, wait 'til the Ryzen APU laptops start coming out. The GPUs won't be world beaters but they'll be better than most integrated GPUs for similar price ranges. Something like this is probably the best you'll get for your price range currently.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834850877

Has anyone found a solution for the temporary charge threshold issues with certain dual battery models such as the X240? Other than discharging the battery below the old threshold and editing the config file for tlp, there doesn't seem to be much that can be done.

These seem like meme recommendations, but thanks
Thanks for the advice. Wasn't planning on buying anything right away anyway, going to be forced to wait 6 months to a year.

t440p is currently the best thinkpad you can get for the price

t440s is better if you prefer a lighter/thinner device and dont plan on upgrading the cpu, and dont mind a slightly less powerful cpu.

x230 is great if you want an even cheaper, smaller option.

x240 if you're a design freak

What is the x220 keyboard on the x230 like?

God damnit this isn't Jow Forums right? Can we talk about thinkpad :( not epic

Attached: 1518897871865.jpg (700x500, 199K)

T440p for an Apple convert? Or maybe a t450? The person will be expecting it to be bit of a power house.

I POST TRANS WHENEVER I DAMN WELL LIKE. I AM FREE. PEACE TO TRANSGODDESS. IN MY HEART AND tpg.

WE cyberreich now.

Whoever the fuck this faggot is with the faggot hair needs to stop being transphobic, pull his head out of his ass, and realize that any culture given to thinkpads and Jow Forums related things from the perspective of Jow Forums is a good thing. Technological literacy is welcomed by this board in general, and anecdotal things like ctl-f "tranny" outweighing "thinkpad" is a fucking retarded excuse for someone to shill this faggot's face. (Along with that I would assume that we all know what we're talking about in these threads, it doesn't have to be mentioned, thus, "Thinkpad" not having as many instances as "tranny".) Fucking believe me, I like my women to have vaginas and I don't associate with any lgbtwhatever as a matter of personal choice but what the majority of Jow Forums says is what goes fucker.

Attached: Screenshot_20180810-020641.png (720x1280, 472K)

This is me, and no I wont stop.

I will continue to remind /tpg/ that the tranny posts = troll posts

(from last bread)
So I picked up this T42, got a new mobo in the mail because these have issues with the soldered in GPU solder cracking, and it displays all the symptoms- when I press around g, v, b, and space it kinda forces the GPU pins into place and it shows the IBM splash, does nothing otherwise other than fan noise and power LEDs. Anyway once that's replaced successfully I'll order an HDD, power adapter, HDD cage thing, spare screws (many are missing from the dipshit who I bought it from fucking with the screen probably), and some TrackPoint™ nubs. The battery still has charge from the dude I bought it from ($5, but I gave him $10 out of excitement for my first memepad) so it'll work for testing.

Anyway there's my fucking blog post, here's my question. The network card(?) is supposedly 56mbps, is that slow as fuck or nah, and should I consider looking into compatible upgrades?

inb4 get a real chinkpad
This has hands down the comfiest and most optimal keyboard I've ever fucked with, and this 4:3 resolution is nice. I don't intend to do much with it other than use whatever browser that will work with 1gig of ram and try to into html/css when I'm not at my desktop.

tltr: is 56mbps at least minimally doable?

Attached: 1533888088001.jpg (2048x1152, 830K)

How so and why? Great rebuttable by the way, you really have a way with shitposting.

Enjoy the eye cancer using that terrible display

Its not related to /tpg/ at all, so the discussion isn't welcome here.

Attached: 7.jpg (2728x3288, 805K)

Nigga I've used shittier stuff before. Not trying to 30yo boomer meme but really I find it's shittiness to be upmost of nostalgic quality. I have a main desktop so it's mostly novelty / just for the meme.

isn't it kind of funny that people are trying to distance /tpg/ from tranny shitposters when tranny shitposters make up a large portion of the population these threads and are one of the only reasons they even remain active
it's like trying to distance gnu/linux threads from pedophiles

Attached: 1457765399274.jpg (500x600, 51K)

>discussion
Ight well your face isn't /tpg/ related so...

Attached: tpg-insecure-faggot.jpg (407x596, 133K)

By that logic, your constant spam posting for people to ignore tranny posts is also a part of the problem

Hmm....

Was going to say this but I figured it'd happen anyway. Sounds like someone isn't welcome here. Something something reddit

What the fuck is going on? Who gives a shit if you want to cut off your dick, stop posting about it.

Attached: 5e1.jpg (600x450, 46K)

t430 / i5-3320M / 8gb ram / 500gb hdd / new battery. is this worth 200$ ?

Lotta tranny posts happening here. Really activates the ol' mackleberries.

The sum of the new cost of parts alone is worth well more than that. The variable is the working condition, and if it's not too bad then yeah that's a steal as long it's withing your budget for what you need it for.

Remember that time you tried to start a new /tpg/ with less tranny posting?

And then you just made more tranny posting?

That was awesome.

I know we're slow and talking about trannies but just a friendly bump on my question.

Another bump for my question.

Attached: Trapcode!Q7.png (216x233, 13K)

i wouldnt suppose it wouldnt but in some use cases i suppose it would

I'm a fan, I'd really like to fill OP's boipussy with my arctic silver 5 if you're picking up what I'm putting down.

Not actually me, here's your (you)
>OP on a rampage jackson

What thinkpad did you get?

>in these cases
>what is displayed most often
>in circumstances as such
>that's what happens

rip

I think I'm switching to Dell now. It's been great knowing you Jow Forumsentalmen & "ladies".

>mfw i try to download something at 57mbps on my T42 and it throttles my extra megabit

Attached: 1526569549879.png (540x663, 492K)

(((you)))

Attached: faggot.jpg (1169x459, 119K)

Fuck off Jow Forums you're as bad as the tranny fuckers here.

The kind that does computations under the correct circumstances.

>Jow Forums
How now. Go to bed OP.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_parentheses
Op is probably a Jow Forumstard.

Chuckled. So really really bad?

really not bad tbqh
i spend 2-3 months a year in an area with a connection roughly around that speed as the average and it's totally fine
unless you need faster for work reasons it's a luxury

Im literally switching from 5-6 years of thinkpad usage and getting a latitude 7250 sometime this week.

Right on, I wouldn't be asking if everything I found in search wasn't convoluted and dated. I don't need it to be modern per say but at least functional. Looking at it I guess it was literally a $1400 machine at one point, made for people who do work, at the same time I remember how slow things were.

Kind of embarrassing but I'm not sure if the card/chip/whatever is the same function that controls how fast an ethernet connection goes, I'm assuming throttled, but idk.

Also, most importantly, I made a typo, it's actually 56kbps, not 56mbps

Run while you still can before you become a tranny or tranny loving freak like these guys.

Liberated /tpg/ bread

Trans women are real women. Gender is an identity, sex is biological. Trans women are biological males by sex, yes. But their identities are identical to the identities of cis women.

oh, thats fucked
56kbps is too slow

you said powerhouse? get the w700

I just logged in, and as a transexual (MTFTM) I am displeased with your opening statement.

Attached: 1510562730439.jpg (347x323, 24K)

There are some clips on the bottom of the palm rest that the keyboard blocks. I just cut them off with a knife. Fits perfectly now.

Just get a t420 and upgrade the CPU, screen, and put an SSD in it.

>muh "phobias"

Attached: img.png (500x400, 41K)

nice shitpost. how someone feels is irrelevant compared to what they are biological. besides gender only actually exists as a grammatical concept.

Any fellow britfags willing to sell me a Thinkpad T430?

Supporting transgenderism is the best way to normalize extreme body mods. I want four arms goddamnit, don't ruin this for me just because you don't like crossdressers.

Just bought an x61s and a dock for my t420. Collecting these beauties is addicting.

Attached: Snapchat-1688145054.jpg (425x509, 21K)

Any cute tgirls/traps can send boipussy directly to bangshishigami@protonmail

Thank you. I am into daddydom rp. I will make you my little slut.

There's nothing wrong with liking bussy unless you're an upstanding Christian or enlightened by your intelligence. There's a difference between hating trans and tired of people making it the focus of something entirely unrelated.
See: SCP, games done quick, /tpg/.
If I wanted to talk about being trans and fucking trans people and how oppressed trans people are I would go to /lgbt/, not a fucking technology board.
tl;dr Nobody gives a shit, shut the fuck up.

>current stat of /to/g//
>meet sucking tranny dick cause anime version is hot.

posting in epic anti tranny thread to say my T440p just came, its my first Thinkpad ever, and boy is this thing beautiful in every way shape and form, unlike broad shouldered assless glasses clad dyed haired trannies

Daily reminder the "T" in T-series that nkpads stands for tranny and anyone posting about them is a tranny loving tranny poster and should be placed in a oven.

X-series is for crossdressers

If y'all could do me a favor and beg Lenovo to make the A285 capable of 32GB of RAM that'd be great.

Got a X220, the battery doesn't hold much charge anymore. There's a guy selling a sealed Lenovo 6-cell battery close to me, does that give decent enough battery life or should I try to look for a 9-cell one (from where)? If it was a choice between a genuine 6-cell one and a chink 9-cell one what should I go with?

I second this notion

~ Sent from My X220

simptom of low testosterone, probably a tranny

ummmm no sweety, we ARE girls :)
just because you incel virgins don't got no game don't mean you can talk shit about people you dont meet ;)
its called transphobia hunny look it up ;)
besides i bet you jack off to our cute penises and ffeel bad afterwards so you lash out thinking its gonna cure anything heeheheeheheh~
no just admit that were all bi and men are made to be girls the sooner u acksept the better ;^)

this sounds like a shitpost. but do remember, someone is only a girl if they are born with a vagina