Will it ever die?

Will it ever die?
Does gayming even need more than this?
Literally on the recommended system requirements list of ever game for the past 3 years.

Attached: images.jpg (384x384, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nsa.gov1.info/utah-data-center/
anandtech.com/show/12710/cadence-micron-demo-ddr5-subsystem
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Battlefield 1 and most likely Battlefield 5 pushed quad cores over the edge, regardless of what you think about the quality of these games the quad core is starting to become obsolete.

Yeah.
With amd'a cores out of the ass approach and Intel dying I can see it happening.
But you don't need anything more than 4 cores 8 threads for gaming in 2018-2019.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-10-12-01-14-171.jpg (1079x350, 68K)

You don't need anything more than 2500k for gaming.

hardware dictates how games are made, not the other way round, retards

And?
Games took big leaps mean while the cpu market stagnated with Intel's same shit.

It's not about cores, non-k bridges were DOA. Of course it's dead now with that shitty ipc, toothpaste under heatspreader, low frequency and new vulnerabilities popping up every months.

>Vulnerabililties
Lmao whats the worst that could happen.
Cia finds your cp stash?

The worst has already happened: you bought shitty inferior product and are defending it

inferior compared to what? k bridges? those don't have vt-d. bulldozer? lel

I am not defending shit I don't give two shits about Intel.
But your exaggerating talking about ipc vulnerabilities and toothpaste.

Current CPUs literally have unfixable vulns. Just a matter of time when the exploits start spreading.

I believe already os patched

most vulnerabilities are at stoppable at web browser level.
Basically disable javascript (noscript) and you're good to go.

It's already dead. Monster Hunter World won't run on CPUs older than Haswell and Piledriver.

kys amdpoojesh

i'm actively looking for a 3770t or a 3770s but they're so fucking expensive
>3770t is at kikeripper 1920x prices
mfw

Attached: 1525207782294.gif (268x320, 1.44M)

Just get Ryzen

>3 series
It never been alive

What if you router has a vuln?

OS patches don't matter.

>change mobo
>change ram

i'm poor, ok.

Why s and t specifically?

What the minimum cpu for rpcs3 emulation that I can get away with?
I want to play RDR GOW3 & P5.

>nferior compared to what? k bridges? those don't have vt-d.

>his K bridge does not have VT-D
>He is not on K/X Bridge-E

Probably never. I love my Ryzen but I would've been fine with my old i5 box circa Ivy Bridge. I'm still using the system as my LAN box when I go to friend's houses.

>3770t, 45w, can be passively cooled
>3770s, 65w, boosts to 3.9GHz, with undervolt can be passively cooled

there's also xeon e3-1260L and e3-1265L v2, both 45w parts, but i'm afraid my mobo won't accept them (p8h67-i)

looking for esxi host with IG, a 2-3 linux VMs and passive 1030 iommu'd to the windows VM

My i7 3770k is passively cooled. You don't need some special snowflake CPU to do that.

even 2600k is still perfectly fine so...

i also have a sugo05 and i intent to have 0 fans.

4.5ghz at 1.18 reporting

Attached: speccy.jpg (796x400, 79K)

>tfw need 1.35V for 4.4GHz
I probably got the worst 3770k on earth

I had never overclocked before and was wondering if I was doing something wrong. Kept lowering voltages and everything seemed fine, been running it a few months now. I've read other people going this low voltage wise, guess I got pretty lucky.

Also what temps? I have a Cryorig h7 and it doesn't go above 67c on max load.

Bought a 3770k last year because i took an 1155 board and some RAM from work (they were replacing their PCs)

Didn't even O.C that bitch

around 65C, noctua nh-d14, delidded with liquid metal between die and IHS

damn niggah

An i5-8600k would probably be the minimum. My i5-8400 struggles at higher framerates but gets solid 30fps on most games.

You got a bad mobo probably

Yes, but GPU performance had been improving a lot.

yeah that's probably the case. it's an asrock z77 performance. I also got 2400mhz ram which I can only run on 2000mhz.

You probably need to adjust timing or add voltage to the memory controller (was it VCSSA? Or VCSIO? Some shit).

I run my i5 3570k at 4ghz 1.05v and it idles at 0.85v. don't need more than that, GPU is the bottleneck in everything.

>You probably need to adjust timing or add voltage to the memory controller (was it VCSSA? Or VCSIO? Some shit).
I tried everything, even went over the recommened max voltages, but no success. I gave up and wait for Zen2

>Heavily overclocked R9 290 I paid $182 for in 2014
>Benchmarks on-par with GTX 1080 Ti at stock in many things

Define a lot.

Attached: 61620faaa63b0f035ebceedcb1170013.jpg (2074x1016, 987K)

You won't be playing RDR or GOW3 any time soon via RPCS3, no matter what CPU you have. They're both a long way off being playable. Even on an 8700K they both run at 5-15fps with plenty of graphical issues.

You can get a decently-playable experience in Persona 5 on hexa-core or above Ryzen or Intel chip, though there are areas where it still dips below 30fps (as well as some where you can get a solid 60fps with the patch).

Or someone uses vulns to empty my bank account.
stop with "if you have nothing to hide" strawman.

AMD was right, multi-core is the inevitable future, single core shit is at its limit

Then stop it with the "Mossad hackers wants to steal your money" strawman, because right now they're the only ones who can realistically actually manage to do this to a private person.

That's an impressive level of delusion you've got going on there. Not sure if you're deliberately misrepresenting settings used or are just retarded. I'd go with the latter though, since you didn't hide YOUR settings.

Attached: on par.png (2560x1440, 1.17M)

kek & lel

>have that same cpu
>mentally ready for a Ryzen build because why not
>check RAM prices
>fuck AMD and fuck Ryzen

that's about it

Attached: 1531233183253.jpg (905x881, 266K)

I've been using a 2600k for nearly 8 years at this point and the latest games still run perfectly fine.

In the gaming world, processors are afterthoughts at this point. It's ALL about the gpu and ram.

The 1080 Ti is 3x as fast. The 290 is still good, but its comparable to a 1060.

"If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear" is the motto/saying that is outside the NSA bumblehive entrance

>Not buying used cheap RAM then

>Min fps more than double
>Average fps more than double
>Max fps 3 times greater.

Definitely on par with a 1080Ti.

Attached: 1533902223624.jpg (720x552, 64K)

>"Defending our nation. Securing our citizens."
nsa.gov1.info/utah-data-center/

Attached: image.jpg (225x225, 18K)

No. 2600K is a minimum requirement now. Many modern gaymes will tax it permanent 100 %. You would see benefits in some games, like PUBG, which is both GPU and CPU taxing.

You make it sound as if AMD is responsible for high RAM prices. So do you mean fuck AMD and Ryzen or do you mean fuck building on a new platform, as your current system is adequate for what you do?

The second half, I'll wait for DDR5 to begin with, 2019 is quite close, then I will decide which CPU to buy. That is if my 3770 will not be enough for videogames by that time, otherwise I'll stick to what I have.

DDR5 isn't coming in 2019 though. Even specification wasn't released yet. And when manufacturers start shipping it will first be adopted in servers.

>DDR5 isn't coming in 2019 though.

who said that? you?

Monster Hunter World doesn't even use my i5 3570k completely

Like he said, the DDR5 spec hasn't even been finalised yet, and it'll be a good while after the first DDR5 devices arrive that it'll actually make it to the desktop. Probably around 2021 for mainstream platforms by current estimates.
>An important thing about the 7 nm node is that Cadence’s provisional DDR5 IP (the DDR5 controller and PHY) can now be incorporated into SoCs that will be released in 2019-2020, when these process technologies become available to a wide range of TSMC’s customers requiring leading-edge processes featuring maximum transistor density (at this point TSMC’s 7 nm is used by the company’s alpha customers for the node, which are usual suspects — Apple and Qualcomm).
>Cadence expects adoption of DDR5 to rise significantly in 2021, all the way to around 15%. Meanwhile, in 2022 the adoption of DDR5 will skyrocket to around 25%, whereas adoption of DDR4 will drop to around 15% that year. It is important to note that in 2022 mobile DRAM chips are projected to account for roughly 50% DRAM ICs consumed by the industry, which will likely have an impact on usage of DDR4/DDR5 in higher-end laptops.
anandtech.com/show/12710/cadence-micron-demo-ddr5-subsystem

>Battlefield 1 maxes out an i5 8400.

Sure kid.

this

shit thread

>6 threads.
Ahahahahaahahah what were you expecting fag

>thinking multi-threaded applications are actually going to evolve beyond a handful of videogames that don't even need the extra threads to begin with

AMD banked on multi-threaded processors taking off in a big way and it failed when everyone realised almost nothing takes advantage of it

It is called devanu and it need fm3

>falling for obvious bait
Yeah, that's why Intel made an 18-core CPU and is releasing a 28-core at the end of this year
>multi-core doesn't matter unless Intlel does it

>comparing cpus designed for render farms with consumer products

whatever, jew

It was never good enough for anything important. Too weak for stuff you needed better for, too strong for stuff an i3 could do.

Worth mentioning the 4000 intels and older have tons of weaknesses including massive amounts of lost frames even with 1070/980ti. They just can't keep up. Look at the frame differences between a 7700 and 8700 to see more.

>there's also xeon e3-1260L and e3-1265L v2, both 45w parts, but i'm afraid my mobo won't accept them (p8h67-i)
I think up to... Skylake? the motherboards and CPUs are all compatible within same socket.

ummm what the fuck, i have the same cpu as the top one too
?????????? why is it performing so bad ?

Attached: Capture.png (1632x535, 430K)

>max temperature 92° C
lel, speaking of house fires....

the new world of warcraft expansion pack requires a 4770k

Attached: not a girl.png (1221x1609, 859K)

It's a cpu for poor fucking niggers that can't afford current games anyways so they think it's great.

This is true.

Crysis and most games on ultra beg to differ.

The motherboard will eventually die. I went from a 3770k to a Threadripper.

I went from an i7 870 to am i5 2400.
Get on my level.

I'm using the reference blower cooler. Because I've used this GPU for 4 years and it's still good I just ordered a morpheus II core for it.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (2295x1291, 626K)

having fun with monster hunter, OP? oh wait

I would imagine thats more to do with the emulator not being 'good' enough not quite the cpu being too weak?

>requires
does it?

correct

can someone help me lol, is it because i've got too many cores, should i pin it to 8 or something

The CPU has pretty much nothing to do with this benchmark, it's all GPU. Those guys are probably overclocked to the max.

35% more performance just by overclocking?
i have to oc then, i still have the feeling its just my pc being retarded somehow

It's possible. My R9 290 nearly overclocks +20% so it's a very significant jump.

22nm was the last decent performance bump for intel. You can barely notice the difference between Haswell and Coffee Lake.

>4.5ghz @ 1.18
Wow, I'm jealous. Mine hits 4.4 at 1.26

>pushed quad cores over the edge
>still stays well above 60fps at 1080p

Attached: 1532420792685.png (760x675, 418K)

>Does gayming even need more than this?
It depends on the gayme. Gaymes range from being super bloated and in need of a high performance processor and others gaymes are very simple and only need a pc that was made a decade ago or more.

ok, have fun doing literally anything else in the background

Where you find this chip down the price? In AliExpress its like 120€

Just get a 2200G.

The motherboard isn't really going to die unless you're seriously torturing the VRMs. Haven't ever had any motherboard die ever with 10+yo overclocks. They just aren't overclocked at like 1.5v balls to the wall power wasting bullshit.

>GOTTA ENCODE WITH HANDBRAKE WHILE I'M PLAYING BATTLEFIELD
>FOOBAR NEEDS AT LEAST 2 CORES FREE TO PLAY MUSIC
>MINIMIZED BROWSER AND DISCORD SERIOUS MULTITASK

Even livestreaming isn't an excuse because you should be using the intel IGP to encode, since that's all it's good for.

Are you the R9 290 is equivalent to a 1080Ti guy?