If I'm 18, Is there any way I can get a IT Job without a degree or any certs...

If I'm 18, Is there any way I can get a IT Job without a degree or any certs? I'm thinking about putting up a website with some projects of mine. Is it a good idea?

Attached: 1532138522795.jpg (647x633, 77K)

Yes it's a good idea. Also traineeships.

If you're 18 then there is also no reason not to just pick up a real IT study.

just go to school if live in a country that is not usa
go to school if you have the money in the usa

I'm going to college for CE but, I want to get a comfy IT job. Any tips to get my foot in the door?

Absolutely I have a good career in IT with no education after going into simple computer repairs at 16.

Entry level helpdesk jobs also only require that you demonstrates you can fix issues and google problems.

Create a LinkedIn and get in contact with contractors. When I was your age I created a fake website and email of a company that I "worked for". Also for the love of god do not give a shit about any of the experience requirements. Good luck.

Not having a degree will probably limit you one day, since you're eighteen I recommend doing that. Plenty of places hire straight out of uni

Yes and no, a degree helps but isn't always required,get in doing internships, they want to know you aren't some idiot and can do the work,and another thing,IT work isn't always about being able to work on computers,you have to deal well with stress and deadlines

> do not give a shit about any of the experience requirements
really? is this how it goes mostly in the technology-related job search?

Yes, see Get any help desk.

Ignore all of these people saying it'll limit you. I got hired at a Fortune 10 company when I was 18 as a software engineer based on projects I had on github. 6 months later, I absorbed my boss's job and had 12 reports aligned to me and I became product manager. You won't get very far by applying to jobs online, so go to career fairs and events at companies you're interested in and come prepared confident and with an engaging story. Source: I'm now a recruiter at this company and this is an official policy. We don't even care about degrees anymore because it's so difficult to hire developers.

If you have parental support or enough income, you might want to establish a business of your own. It's easier to take risks now than when you have kids.

>software engineer
programmer

>I can get a IT Job without a degree or any certs?
One word: nepotism. Show your skills around right people and you might be able to get a nice job.

I would also like to know this, experience requirements is what has kept me from landing a decent job (how the fuck are you even supposed to have 2 years of IT experience to get a low paying entry level job?)

Yes. Apply anyways. Mention your personal projects in your interview near the end. If you have no personal projects then start some. Doesn't have to be outlandish or meaningful.

military

shoo shoo shill

papers don't mean anything, it's what you can do that matters. I always used to have fun with webdesigns after school, but somehow I ended up going to university and studying english philology. Got mad after some years, didn't finish it, took an android course on udacity, now I've been an android dev for 2 years, making shitloads of money. It doesn't even feel like work, I'm actually anticipating to wake up in the morning and happy to go to work. It's amazing.

>We don't even care about degrees anymore because it's so difficult to hire developers.
i thought the marke is oversaturated af

bro in europe companies will literally grab people from the street, load them on a truck, bring them to the office, put in front of the computer, teach them everything, pay them during the process, sacrifice a baby and pray that these guys don't leave once they learn to do their job.

Go hack the government and they'll recruit you.
trust me.

Build up a nice portfolio where you show off what you can, try to show more than just a design.
Companies rather hire someone who is able of actually doing something instead of someone with a degree.

Atleast that depends on the company.

Absolutely or even just a site to host your cv, I myself have done a year course programming in C# and have spent my summer implementing BDD, automated testing packages but have been told by this large company and many other that without a degree you won't get in the door. I was told that a Microsoft employee who worked on the development of C# who 25+ years was turned down where I work because he didn't have a degree. But on the flipside some start up company has now offered me a job.

So I guess what I'm saying is it really depends what you want.
>be a wageslave and just keep increasing your boss' salary and endure office politics such as daily scrum meetings and stand up which I HATE but get lots of perks such as a company credit card and free flights.
>or work for or create your own startup where you're practically your own boss on every project and are never bothered but you make less money and don't have the best job security

>if i'm 18
underage detected.

its true, I have less than 6 months of experience and i get several messages on LinkedIn with offers every week even though I have my profile set to "not looking for new opportunities".

Of course you can get a job.
But of course the most important parts is not being an intolerable autist.
Considering that you're a NEET 18yo posting on Jow Forums, I'd say your odds are slim

Just start by taking the 4 CCNA modules. If not, just start with CompTIA's A+, Network+, Security+ and so on.

>anticipating to wake up in the morning
Fuck is there such a job

Comfy piggo :^3

Attached: comfy.png (492x501, 90K)

Pigs should live lives like that, not packed up in a holocaust factory for carnist ghouls' trivial enjoyment.

Attached: 1473722311452109690.gif (160x160, 524K)