CPUs are finally decently priced

>CPUs are finally decently priced
>RAM and GPUs are fucked
Will we ever win boyos

Attached: 1468190037218.png (1070x601, 463K)

consumer cpus were never not decently priced

>Consumer GPUs and RAM were never not decently priced

Attached: 1489387963082.jpg (4608x3456, 3.28M)

I had planned to upgrade to a new GPU around 1 year after i get my new ryzen build but with those prices i'm like nah fuck it and will just keep waiting instead

when were consumer cpus priced so awfully high then?

I want to upgrade my pc for years, but it's way too expensive bang for buck wise.

T. owner of 4670k and 24gb ram

Same here user, I just now overclocked my 4670k to 4.2 for no reason other than being bored and I wanted a bit faster rendering speed in premiere. I probably won’t upgrade for quite some time. Fucking sandy bridge is just now starting to bottleneck in games at stock clocks.

When an 16bit CPU 10MHz and 1MiB RAM would set you back 2k dollars (which is actually much higher when adjusted for inflation)

so you're saying that you've been waiting 40 years to build your computer?

Yes and it's never good enough value

what the fuck? why is the only manufacturer of ram dies is samshit and why are they selling all the ram to 6-8gb ram phones when all mobiles need is 2-4gb of ram and a better optimization/lighter systems

Attached: untitled-1.png (725x374, 47K)

>why is the only manufacturer of ram dies is samshit
There's also Micron, SK Hynix, Nanya, and Xi'an UniiC for DDR4.

then why the ram shortage?

there's no shortage

It has to be related to crypto in some way. The ASICs might use DDR4 or something?

Attached: trend.ram.288dimm.ddr4_2133.4x4096.97c55001a848b022d8d5f3acdde8e1a4.png (1134x348, 30K)

6950x cost $1800 back then. And now you can get Threadripper 2990WX for the same price, or 10/12 core equivalent as low as $250

>tfw got two new server grade Dell Hynix ECC registered RDIMM 32 gb 2400 sticks for 200 bucks each on amazon
life's not bad sometimes desu, you just gotta have bots

>HEDT
>consumer

t. 4690k owner and I don’t see a reason to anytime soon

No, it's definitely smartphones. All the DDR4 is prepared for soldering into smartphones instead of DIMMs for retail sale.

Then why does it seem to mirror the crypto bubble?

Attached: coindesk-bpi-chart.png (800x400, 31K)

Phone posters ruin the hardware market
Crossover fags ruin the car market

When's the next population trimming war? It's the only fix.

I think it’s probably both. Smartphones are so mass produced that it’s an enormous demand now, there’s no denying it’s the primary source of the prices. But crypto uses a lot of RAM, so I could see it also making a big dent.

Mining hardware (like GPUs) would use GDDR5, right? But I guess the machines still need some DDR4. Phones are a much bigger market though, so I suspect they make more of an impact. GPU prices are more directly controlled by crypto demand, because desktop GPUs aren't as ubiquitous as RAM. Your average normie does own some DDR4 (in their phone), but likely does not own any GTX GPU (and more likely a mobile variant if they do).

I've been playing around with building a new setup with a different form factor. 8gb RAM and i5-2500k here and not really any reason to upgrade. Went to look at prices online and was actually shocked. I built this back in 2011 and it seems like a totally different consumer environment now.

t. Gaymer

The three big RAM companies are colluding to keep RAM prices high by creating an artificial shortage. The chinks will change that, hopefully.

Attached: 1533774637458.png (770x919, 643K)

the chinks are losing their industrial charm because the average worker skill is increasing along the wage.
if they don't replace the low skill workers entirely by robots they will become eu and america. no cheap massive quantities and monopolies on industries

GPU's are dropping, but RAM is fucked for years.

High memory prices will fuck up GPUs

fuck off with your whining

at least your currency didnt drop 2 times in last 3 years

the prices on hardware are unbearable

>not keeping your money in US dollars for stability
>not taking advantage of your currency dropping
>not knowing it will lead to a boost in exports and larger economic output

>if they don't replace the low skill workers entirely by robots they will become eu and america
If there's anyone who can do that it's the chinks

the chinks are flooding the market with cheap ram to assfuck the jewish koreans

Why exactly is ram so expensive? Do they have to collect it from the gut of slain dragons?

price fixing + fines way too low to actually prevent it

They are not gonna make it.

By the time they do america moves to automation, and uses mexico for labour of wat is left.