Ergonomic keyboards

Are they just a meme?

Attached: b112ddfc-0541-4948-a804-a7268b0cc2a7.jpg (540x310, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/c-_S5Tt-gbw?t=584
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes

No...it's a keyboard. This one is comfy as fuck. I've used the same model for years.

no not at all. i used to get pains in my wrists but since i got your pic related they have completely gone. i can fully recommend

They honestly aren't. I was able to test an old ergo-mini that belongs to my boss for a week and its amazing. I'm still deciding what keyboard I'll get myself and what ergo mouse is going with it. I'm currently using a cherry ng80-3000 with black switches for reference

They're very comfy. I got a Logitech wave for my mom after her keyboard broke and I actually like it better than my mechanical.

All these shameful shills

i got one for my first pc because it was cheap, honestly not bad for gaming and pretty godlike for typing.

No, its a great keyboard. Worth every penny.

I've tried a bunch of them. Some are better than others. Biggest difference for me was switching to the Dvorak keyboard layout.

Any ergonomic mechanical ones? I have a ducky mini at home and it's fine for gaming and posting here but not great for programming. Need a full sized ergonomic one

they're not for every use case but if your job requires you to do lots of typing, it help reduces repetitive motion strain injury and/or carpal tunnel

ergodox
I have one, great for gaming since you get so many thumb keys

i never felt a need for one

i would pay good money for 75% keyboard with a iso layout and a high quality mouse clit, but it seems like nobody has made one of those

oh and mx blue switches

>repetitive motion strain injury and/or carpal tunnel
Most of that is actually caused by EMFs and wireless radiation.

no, your mom

I switched from my das to this exact keyboard. It helps if you need to type for prolonged periods of time.

Yes. They're not a meme for beginner typists because those people might force their wrists into a position that causes pain, but if you're into gaming you'll never do that.

Keep in mind boomers who never used a keyboard don't type like you would. They don't switch from 2 fingers to 3 fingers to 4 fingers, etc., they just glue their hands to home row and type like that for hours.

>Keep in mind boomers who never used a keyboard don't type like you would. They don't switch from 2 fingers to 3 fingers to 4 fingers, etc., they just glue their hands to home row and type like that for hours.
uhhhh most boomers who never used a keyboard do type like that though
the ones who DID learn are the ones doing homerow with the index fingers on F and J

like that's why most male boomers hunt-and-peck while most female boomers homerow
the women were actually taught to use typewriters

That is literally not true. Key alignment has fuckall to do with endurance. At that point actuation and technique are much more important than that.

You just don't understand. Try to hover homerow so that all your fingers are exactly on top of the keys - you'd have to straighten your wrists in an awkward manner. But if you grew learning gradually while gaming you're not gonna glue your elbows to your sides like that. You'll use whatever is comfortable for that situation

Except using a keyboard like you would a typewriter is simply retarded

they teach the exact same homerow shit though

I LOVE my ergonomic keyboard

fuck any autistic faggot who says it is a meme, my wrists feel better after years of typing every day on a mechanical keyboard.

I got the one for like $50 from Microsoft that is wireless and has the detached number pad, cause fuck number pads.

You're supposed to strike the keys though and only type using index/middle or it would cause injury. It's totally different with a keyboard

If a normal keyboard caused you wrist pain then you had bad habits in the first place.

pretty sure it would be easier to use homerow after having typewriting as a basis than learning it from scratch but sure whatever man

Wrong, it's completely different muscle memory. Like I said you use tendons for regular keyboards a lot more whereas typewriters require striking the keys using wrist motion much like if you were playing a piano.

The only thing that carries over is where the keys are located, but considering the amount of force required is different you'd have to relearn all of it

>shilling
>while not agreeing on any particular product whatsoever
Look who didn't understand what shill means

Also look youtu.be/c-_S5Tt-gbw?t=584 how much force he has to put into it. Ironically he only uses index fingers because that's how strenuous it is.

The das requires me to keep my wrists at a 30 deg angle to be on the home position. The ergo lets my wrists be straight. My wrists are flimsy and get sore if I bend them for prolonged amounts of time. Therefore it lets me use my keyboard for longer without breaks.
It also improves my endurance in bed.

tried it for a couple of days, didn`t actually do anything. when i got a mechanical keyboard it unironically improved my wrists, mostly because I was using a precise amount of force with consistency and rubber domes made me use a lot more force than encessary

>ergo mouse
Consider thumb trackball

>i would pay good money for 75% keyboard with a iso layout and a high quality mouse clit

Attached: ultranav_keyboard_04.jpg (1024x487, 141K)

>ultranav_keyboard_04
Nice. Is the numpad removable?

Haven't those scissor switches been beat to absolute garbage by now

There's version without numpad, much more common as "new" on ebay too. Both switches feel and overall build quality is noticeably worse than actual T6* keyboard but still fine enough.
I have one larger and two smaller versions, all of those have the same issue with trackpoint (upper) rmb failing, pretending to be dead for weeks, then working perfectly for months again. Confirmed for hardware issue by switching keyboards around.
I wish there was a mechanical one with the same layout.

is there an ergonomic keyboard with good switches