What have you learned this week, Jow Forums?

what have you learned this week, Jow Forums?

Attached: indianajones.jpg (1600x900, 121K)

That Linux is a kernel.

Gnu's not unix

god i hate technology

I've dipped my toes into machine learning. I've trained my first neural network for detecting objects and it actually works. Pretty comfy stuff desu.

Attached: 1501361276425.jpg (2048x1638, 690K)

they delete all sorts of threads for no obvious reason, could be coincidence

I got my IT textbook today, and skimming through it, I already understand 80% of it.

Attached: Gators.jpg (300x263, 78K)

>C#
>Derived Maxwell's equations in curved spacetime
>Started reading about Linux kernel hacking
It's been a productive week desu.

lol did you deleted it by yourself?

yeah did ML course last year, was really fun
then there was the advanced course which I happened to not sign into since it was full and it turned to be impossibly hard filter so lucky me
this weekend want to implement k-means clustering of image colors to detect the X dominant colors

Got to page 80 of "computer networks".Now I have a very rough understanding of how internet works.

>this weekend want to implement k-means clustering of image colors to detect the X dominant colors

Neat. What will you use it for?

Have you tried out siamese neural networks btw?

Also, if you don't know, check out YOLOv3.

Attached: yGfC1q2tXAOHqCcCKCYPq67y0n1aRX9QTf-6tP70AHU.jpg (576x768, 124K)

Golang opens all network sockets (maybe more) as non-blocking and does epoll/kqueue/whatever event loop under the hood to wake up goroutines which have blocking-like semantics waiting for those fds

Attached: gala.jpg (779x888, 46K)

I learned what Amazon Web Service does, the difference between an interrupt vector table and an interrupt descriptor table, how to use RubyGems, what signatures IDSs use to detect port scans, what Aircrack-ng does, how to use WinImage, that ProtonMail has a free plan, and that the TunnelBear VPN anonymizes by spoofing IP addresses and uses AES-256 for its tunneling encryption.

>difference between an interrupt vector table and an interrupt descriptor table
what's the difference? I will probably need to know in future...

Oh yeah, and I also learned about the forgotten Port 8009 used by Apache Tomcat, which I stumbled across while doing an NMap scan of my group home's LAN. It was the only port open on this one machine that the scan picked up, and I thought it looked interesting.

Basically the interrupt vector table is used in real address mode while the interrupt descriptor table is used in protected mode.

That being really good at solving problems and being a good bf can’t keep an amazing woman from breaking up with me when she realizes she doesn’t want to date an engineer.

Contractors are niggers
WOWWAY are niggers
Microsoft is niggers
So are Arris

What a faggot.

Nothing, it's Friday.

I learned that young Harrison Ford makes my benis move a little and I might be gay

printing 7 as a character makes a neat beep

that OpenSSL is worse than I thought

I learned that Haskell isn't that bad

Wanna talk about it user?

learned about CPU pipelining and how to restructure the hot loop towards improving it
that new process after fork doesn't copy all the memory but has most mempages as CoW for optimization purposes
how to use afl and libfuzzer

I didn't know 360 livestreams existed.

I'm too dumb for programming
No matter how many courses and classes I take, videos I watch, books I read, coding website I visit, Java or C or whatever. It just won't get in my head. As soon as I turn off the assistance my mind is blank and I do mistakes everywhere, forget the syntax, the methods, just everything

Attached: IMG_20180608_104528.jpg (817x960, 109K)

To fucking do backups at least once a month
To not buy seagate

Attached: 1481502032697.jpg (569x569, 173K)

Now I'm scared user

nothing, just like in the 7 years before

Yeah, if you have any Seagate drives, your kind of fucked. Make sure you back up DAILY if using Seagate.

Are you me?

Attached: 241515.jpg (633x758, 124K)

He was my gateway.

Attached: EE41175A-DB9C-4DA2-8E75-666A75D80F0D.jpg (352x418, 33K)

You learn from practice.Books and shit are not good if you don't already have a rough idea of how something works.

circumcision is a crime

I'm learning C

POSIX standards with regards to sh

Verigrind to check a C program for memory leaks

And that there are better file systems than ext4 and zfs

I've figured out how to install Ubuntu on an EFI boot only motherboard...
...that fucking unmountable /boot/efi ...

Attached: am i stupid.gif (220x179, 126K)

>Having this feel all thru college
The Profs made up for it.

Attached: 1522653502464.gif (200x150, 845K)

for what? Same tho

I always wanted to code, where are you so far, and what material you're using

I have learned to cry sincerely.
Because my cat died.
I haven't cry and didn'tt feel so sad even when my grandfather died.

you mean you've always wanted to PROGRAM,

that im extreamly lucky and everything in my life right now is pure luck

The new butt plug I bought is too big for my ass. I literally cannot fit it in me regardless of how much lube I use.

As for tech, I found that my Pentium dual core is enough for FreeNAS

Yes, program.
There was a thread about this the other day, coding vs prigraming

That happens all the fucking time, you just debug and keep going.

i've learned that i'm never going to get my GED. i will be a brainlet forever.

I learned about recursion and pointers

Traceroute, packets and TTL, difference between UDP and ICMP. How packaging works with go. Goroutine management with go.

>pic
this guy fucks

I learned that I'm still lazy as shit and would rather replay video games I don't actually enjoy than do anything even remotely productive.

Attached: _original_drawn_by_aoi_kumiko_5fc1243d9e76369b5dc172a3da891291.png (800x1200, 425K)

cleck clang's sanitizers as well
sure you need to compile the software with them, but they are faster and do more checks. -fsanitize=undefined -fsanitize=address ia must have for testing
personally also like -fsanitize=integer to check for unsigned int overflows although they are not UB
the callgrind and cachegrind are also redundant if you learn perf (or dtrace depending or system) which has nearly no overhead in comparison