/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

Post your questions here

>Read
→ → → →

>search
>ddg.gg/lite

>redirect anons making their own threads with >GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
>pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
>pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
>pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
>pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Previous thread:

Attached: gentledoggie.jpg (739x720, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/MSToolkit/comments/8hf4tc/microsoft_toolkit_v264_download/
addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/twitch_5/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is there a good free webhosting service? I only need a few mb of space.

Whats a good search engine thats not a botnet?

asking again from previous thread

So, I'm trying to install an update to a game, yet every time I try to run "setup.exe" I get the "windows cannot access the specified file, etc..." error and then the application fucking vanishes. I looked in the bin and it isn't there, it literally just up and disappears.I've scanned it and scanned the pc for malware and everything is in order, tried looking at permissions but all is well, tried running it with internet or antivirus disabled and same shit happened, tried restarting the machine and getting the file from other sources, same shit.
I have no idea why this is happening.

Attached: 85283527.jpg (323x326, 16K)

duckduckgo

I have four years of Python experience, Git, HTML/CSS (no frameworks), and very little C and JS. And I worked landscaping a few years during that time.

Is that enough to fill out a resume? I don't have any buzzword experience like big data, ML, or analytics. My Python is all system utilities and web scrapers.

Poor brainlet
I recently salvaged a desktop running a pentium g645, and today I got pic related for free, is it worse or better than the integrated gpu in the g645?
Says on their website it runs the 7200 gs gpu

Attached: IMG20180810212522.jpg (4160x3120, 3.92M)

Neocities

So, I have a laptop with a Win7 Pro activation key on it. Is it true I can just do a fresh Win10 Pro installation and activate it with the Win7 key?

>nothing but issues for months with WOW gigabit
>get 3 techs and multiple calls with support
>get moved to second tier support
>guy reprovisions my modem
>now stuck with 90down
>any use beyond web browsing causes 30% pl and 700ms latency
What the fuck am I supposed to do?

Attached: 1452941899675.jpg (400x550, 29K)

Yeah, why wouldn't it be? Well, as long as you don't live in the Bay Area.

are there any cracked spotify android apps?

I had some shit like this and it was because the tech who ran the cables left ground up copper in one of the connections

Is there a way to estimate the performance hit I'd take if I sacrificed the dual channel RAM in favor of a third stick? My 8 gigs isn't cutting it and I've been waiting forever for prices to get reasonable again.

>why wouldn't it be?
Cause other than landscaping I've never had a real job and I'm 26. My other work is for a family business where I worked from home doing fuck all as long as I got my hour or two of work a day done.

my redmi note 4 charges fine with the charger, but when connected to my laptops it gets really dodgy, constantly (as in every second) switches between being connected and not connected when I don't even move it
what do

Attached: cat.jpg (3024x3576, 1.71M)

How long do i have before i NEED to upgrade?
Specs:
i5 3570k
Rx 480 8gb
8gb ddr3

So far tech support has been absolutely useless. If reprovisioning didn't work, I'll give them one week then I'm going to go mad and get my contract terminated

>have to sign a contract for internet service
Wew.

Is there a deep learning voice changer yet
Thinking about becoming a Virtual Youtuber
I know about Animegaphone but it isn't coming out until December

Attached: 1532294989398.png (404x327, 213K)

I signed a contract because it's gigabit (one of two providers) and I never had a problem with them or their service when I had 100Mpbs for years.
And I knew (know) that no one besides Comcast would come around with gigabit.

I'm losing my shit. Every now and then when I make a somewhat lengthier post, halfway through my post box will go absolutely retarded and everything I type then starts appearing backwards. If I type "from", it's now appearing as "morf". If you backspace up and begin typing again, it just happens again. Sometimes ctrl+a doesn't even select the backwards text but instead gets everything else

What the hell is going on someone stop this

Attached: 1372649203000.png (374x400, 44K)

I hear about people who can barely comprehend fizzbuzz getting programming jobs and somehow staying hired. What kinds of jobs are those?

How do I stop stupid windows from changing backslashes to forward slashes when I read a zip file?

I've got this dive computer, Suunto Eon Core, which I'd like to pair with my laptop (Linux). In order to pair it with my Android phone, I had to get the Suunto app to pair it. Afterwards I can use other apps like Subsurface instead. It's clear (from pairing it with the Suunto app) that the only way to pair this thing is to somehow initiate the device to provide a pair code which is then entered on the laptop/phone. This doesn't happen automatically when just trying to pair it (without the Android app).

Is there a way to just ask a device to provide a pair code in order to pair it with the laptop? If that's what the app does, why can't the OS do it as well?

Maybe it intermittently turns into Arabic or some other language which is backwards.

So I want to make my own task list web application. I haven't done any webdevelopment since forever so I'm pretty lost on what I should use.
Should I just get plain PHP an JS or install a framework.

Attached: Capture+_2018-08-08-22-51-31.png (1439x791, 531K)

What are some good retriever-themed programs and games

What the fuck is going on?

Attached: Capture.jpg (611x447, 46K)

Agree with this dude, arabic is right to left, happens to me sometimes
t. Arab

I have a ASUS VE228H 21.5" Full HD 1920x1080 HDMI DVI VGA Back-lit LED Monitor. Are HDMI cables only for hooking up to another pc? When I plug the hdmi cable into my monitor and pc, it says no hdmi detected. And right now I'm using DVI and the picture is sort of tearing when I play youtube videos. Might be because I haven't installed all drivers yet though.

i seem to have accidentally deleted the key binding/shortcut that opens the start menu whenever i hit the super key (the one with the windows logo on it) in linux, how do i get it back?
i'm on manjaro XFCE

Just wait for the next version.

Tbh it's that kind of shit that made me switch to linux, good luck user

can't have issues with games if your os doesn't have any games, amirite?

I'm trying to downgrade

nope, just use microsoft toolkit.
reddit.com/r/MSToolkit/comments/8hf4tc/microsoft_toolkit_v264_download/

Startpage
Install 7
Upgrade to 10
I don't gaym anyway, so tell me user, do you know shit about GPUs?

I'm about to buy the exam for Network+ and am going to study a bit for it. I'm a little nervous. How was it for you guys who passed it?

>more then half the steam library has native linux support

Anyone know of a file or github or something that would allow me to find out what words in english are nouns/verbs/adjs/etc.

Like I'm not talking about using the context of a sentence to find out what it is or even definition but like the word sleep can be a noun or a verb. The is an article, etc.

I'm trying to find a way to automate this with a csv/text file so I don't have to manually do it by looking up each word in a dictionary.

Oh you should have said so, download Display Driver Uninstaller and then install that version

I'm currently playing a very CPU and GPU heavy game (monster hunter)
and the performance could be better in certain areas. I'd like stable 60 but it hangs around 40 once you leave the hub.

I've got a decent CPU and GPU (1600 and 1060) and wanted to know which one of the two I should OC.
How would I go about and find out which one is lagging behind assuming the other is pulling the weight just fine?

Run an mtr to google for an hour and document packet loss and latency.
Send this to them
Demand they properly setup their service.
If they refuse talk to a local tv station about an op/ed peice blasting them about their shit service.
If they refuse get a refund, if they refuse to give you a refund, take them to small claims court($10-15 dollar filing fee,up to 2k in damages).Make they send out a big time lawyer to get it dismissed or they will honor your refund(plus the filling fee) and tell them to fuck off

Not human noticeable

which DNS should i pick for true Freedom© experience?

It'd be better to just cap at 30fps for a stable experience

Recommend me a cheap printer/scanner combo that a grandma can plug/play w/Win7.

Attached: lolhacking.jpg (1280x640, 162K)

Problem is that it has moments were it can't even do 30 so I'd like to know which of the two is the problem.
I'm talking about 17fps problems. Something there can't be right seeing as other people with weaker/similar specs can do just fine.

what does i stand for, usually?

I was getting a shitload of buffering on Twitch until I installed this extension addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/twitch_5/ which cleared it up instantly. The problem is I also get buffering on other video sites and lag spikes in online games. So I'm wondering, is there something going on with my PC that's making the internet perform worse than it should? Anything to check? Windows 10 (yeah I know), FX-8370, 16GB DDR3, let me know if any other information would be helpful. Thanks.

Try disabling nagle's algorithm. The add on might have done that but only for Twitch.

iterator
index
integer

Are you using an ssd for the game data?

thanks, i was hearing "intenjur" for some reason. the guy probably meant integer

Yeah.Just bought an MX500 for the game.

qwant

Well shit. I disabled it and removed the add-on and it's smooth as butter so far. And I learned something interesting. Cheers man.

No prob. That's the first thing I do on all my computers. Now you'll be the same.

What do you guys use to transfer files from your Android phone to your Linux desktop (or vice-versa), wirelessly?

I only know of KDE Connect, but I'm using GNOME and it doesn't work quite so well with it (filesystem explorer doesn't work, also it requires a lot of KDE dependencies/bloat). What's the best alternative?

primative ftp
f-droid
filezilla

I'm getting event 41 shutdowns it seems once every 2 days. My wall power is clean, and my PSU is only 2 years old. What should I look for to help narrow down the problem?

I got an external drive to backup all my stuff. What are some good Jow Forums approved backup software?

I'm looking for something that will monitor directories and copy files either automatically or if the drive isn't connected to my machine will do it automatically.

>but I'm using GNOME
Found the problem.

6GB or 3GB 1060?
Also maybe later drivers will improve, the game is new and devs dont test things worth a fuck anymore.

Script some shit and use rsync.

6GB 1060

Can rsync be used locally? I'll have the external drive connected via USB.

I always assumed that it's a network only backup solution.

It will work perfectly, my dude.

I'll check it out. I wanted something like rsync because I thought it was only a network file transfer utility.

Thanks for the suggestion!

anyone?

>Recommend me a cheap printer/scanner combo that a grandma can plug/play w/Win7.

Get dnscrypt-proxy and find yourself a dnssec+dnscrypt server which doesn't (supposedly) store logs.

Cloudflare (1.1.1.1) is supposedly one, and it's fast. You might find something better though if you don't like Cloudflare.

F-Droid? Isn't that an app store (FOSS)? How would I use it to transfer files between devices? Will check the others out though, thanks.

Come on man KDE is ugly as hell.

>Come on man KDE is ugly as hell.
I absolutely love it and vehemently disagree, but even if that was the case GNOME cannot be defended.

Cute doggo. I miss my doggo.

pls help, I've tried everything I can think of and it just won't fucking work

> Pissing match about which is uglier
Some things never chan/g/e

is there a script or addon to force old reddit?

does malware downloaded in a virtual box affect the pc itself?

Should be safe.

Not impossible, but quite unlikely.

Depends on what kind of access you give it. For instance if you share your internet and it's something that can propagate through networks then there's some risk. Most people don't harden their VMs to the most secure settings, mostly because it makes them less powerfull and a pain in the ass. Still, they should contain most problems anyway, so it's much safer than running shady shit on the host. If you don't have spectre patched, malware may be able to see priveliged content outsied the VM. Just fyi a lot of shit knows when it's being run in a VM.

Slightly better, but its not worth using for the lack of codec support, expect all videos to play like shit.
Buy a used low end card if you cant afford a card.

Even a $80 GT 1030.

Theoretically is possible and can happen.
But is it likely to happen? no.

Only some shady Russian ransomware tier malware and spyware can break out a VM.

CPU.
Also mess with the settings.

Game runs like shit because its a bad port, also because denuvo.

You should buy another 8GB RAM, used DDR3 RAM is really cheap right now.

what's the difference between these two ac adapters?

Attached: IMG_20180811_010821.jpg (1944x2592, 2.62M)

they appear to be the same if the sticker is to be trusted but it is impossible to tell what is really inside of them

Both are fake.

nvidia geforce 745
I was able to find that I have this graphics card.
How bad is this? Do I have hopes to upgrade it? Where do I get the drivers for this?

my cpu is
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz

I know the basics of web dev.
So now explain what Wordpress does.
Please

Attached: ~.jpg (716x626, 124K)

PM'd

Cum on user

Attached: Convince.jpg (179x229, 16K)

How does one set up a server at home to host a website, WITHOUT having to pay any to "rent/buy" a web address.

Also, what classes should one take if one wants to find out about how to setup basic built VPNs that come with Windows 7? (Youtube VPN guides are wrong or missing something)

Also, I want to setup my own offline search engine. Is there a way to create a "off line yellowpages" for the internet?

Pic related, original 90w charger.
Notice the font, and its Lenovo™ not Lenovo®.

What you have is a 65w fake charger, common between the chinese thinkpad chargers.
It still will work though.

Attached: IMG_20180810_183857.jpg (2592x1944, 2.25M)

Its a content management system (CMS)

The core functionality is serving, storing, and allowing editing of content (usually in the form of blog posts, images, webpage heirachies, etc).

Wordpress is just a CMS. It has a lot of community support because it is popular and simple.

>nvidia geforce 745
Just download the Nvidia drivers, its way better than your GPU but is not the best GPU around.

Its one of the cheapest GPUs from 4 years ago.
If you want a cheap GPU that runs modern games look for GT 1030, GTX 1050Ti for something better.

do you think I could run a 10 50 ti? I know my cpu and the video card but I dont know my ram or anything else