Mac/Windows fags

What the FUCK is stopping you from switching to GNU/Linux and or FreeBSD and or OpenBSD and or DragonFlyBSD?

Attached: Screenshot-37.png (960x540, 186K)

One word: games.

comfortable working on it

Good software

Games.
I've ran Linux before and I absolutely LOVE it, but I can't game on it, at least the games I want to play occasionally. My motherboard doesn't have 2 PCI-E slots so I can't use pass through.
I would switch back to Linux in a heartbeat if I could use passthrough, or the games would run. It's so much more easy to develop on Linux but I just can't.

Games, and not having to configure most shit.

are you 12?

games
Wine is a bitch to use and loses performance

Using your iGPU + a dGPU should be enough.

i run linux on my laptops but windows on my pc for the games with the lads, my library is getting more supported but the big games im playing daily arent supported. i am trying to buy more games that are linux compatible in hopes of one day switching entirely

Attached: Wrong-Trousers-penguin-wallace-and-gromit-21552286-420-319.jpg (420x319, 35K)

I would but I don't even have an iGPU, I'm running a first gen Ryzen 3. If I make any upgrade, it's probably going to be to a TR or a way more powerful system.

>unironically asking this on a taiwanese kids show mailinglist

It
Just
Werkz

Attached: steve_jobs_by_rware-d3af4rz.jpg (487x740, 168K)

Because running GNU/Linux on a Mac is fucking retarded and pointless.

Attached: .png (500x505, 194K)

the fucking games dont work

Attached: 1250304-mastershake.jpg (968x1550, 147K)

The adobe suite, FCPX, Cinema 4d
>inb4 "hurr durr just use gimp, kdenlive, and blender"

Uhhh I already use a Macbook with iterm2, zsh, etc.

I'd do it in a heartbeat if there was
>Games
And I do a lot of video editing and work in Adobe after effects. There's just nothing on Linux for it.

The time investment to switch and get passthrough set up for the games I enjoy but don't work on Linux easily. I've been using Linux on my laptop for like a decade though

>takes 6 hours of someone knowing how to install gentoo to install it
>would take me like 12+
>then I have to learn to install packages and figure out GPU passthrough IF my hardware supports it
Then USB, bluetooth, graphics tablet drivers, and more all while having shitty amount of documentation and troubleshooting.

Seriously, figuring out how to set shit up the right way takes way too much effort.

If I'm ever in the market for a home device just to look at some shitty wallpaper with two terminals open, I'll look into switching.

Uh sweaty? Have you, like, heard of a little programme called WINE? You can install your propreiterary Windows trash on Linux no problem.

How to access to my BIOS when that shit does not recognize my HDMI entry? I fucked up my screen, don't have the money to repair it and know shit about hardware.