We are very sad to announce that CaseLabs and its parent company will be closing permanently...

>We are very sad to announce that CaseLabs and its parent company will be closing permanently. We have been forced into bankruptcy and liquidation. The tariffs have played a major role raising prices by almost 80% (partly due to associated shortages), which cut deeply into our margins. The default of a large account added greatly to the problem. It hit us at the worst possible time. We reached out for a possible deal that would allow us to continue on and persevere through these difficult times, but in the end, it didn’t happen.

Attached: 1519679173856.png (937x214, 165K)

Other urls found in this thread:

caselabs-store.com/mercury-s8s-customizable/
amazon.com/CORSAIR-CARBIDE-Cube-Case-High-Airflow/dp/B01LHFLPB4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

F

Attached: Salute.jpg (404x396, 67K)

Thanks Trump

Fuck man. That is really fucking sad.

wtf I love winning even more now?!?!?!?

Attached: trump mocking.gif (458x364, 2.07M)

>CaseLabs
And nothing of value was lost.

Attached: 1478673425742.jpg (414x610, 83K)

Good. Maybe you should have used american steel in the first place you commies.

mfw trump makes money even from his ass

Attached: michelle-obama.jpg (264x300, 21K)

China BTFO

Good.

The higher China's unemployment climbs, the speedier their inevitable meltdown and collapse.

>sell chink shit
>overprice it massively
>still go bankrupt
Even how?

Attached: laughing.jpg (1600x1003, 269K)

>We have been building enclosures for electronic, military, medical, and industrial applications since 1971

They didn't have Chinese steel in the 70s yet somehow managed to get on just fine. I'm not exactly sympathetic here.

Fucking this.

Attached: AFB46EB2-AE43-4E80-BFCA-FDA7332AC98B.gif (320x320, 2.46M)

>Spend a million on tooling
>sell 20 cases a year

>spending a mil on tooling for pc cases

This

Absolutely.

So, would this be a bad time to submit a review request?

Are we tired of winning yet?

buy fractal or go home

You never deserved to exist in the first place. Good riddance.

Attached: The Don.jpg (915x1277, 66K)

>Enthusiast Grade PC Cases Made in the USA - CaseLabs

What am I missing here? Is the metal sourced from China, or were they totally full of shit?

Am I supposed to feel bad?

Now some company that makes better cases will make more money.

>overpriced
>didn't even have what I was looking for
They deserve it.

American company, but everything was chink sourced to lower cost on their end. Yet they continued to charge customers stupidly high prices for mediocre shit.

I'm not sure what qualified them to have a "Made in the USA" moniker for their stuff but it seems to me that there was a large part or dependency of their business that was oriented towards being able to leverage China's labor and manufacturing for their cases. Metal prices/commodities rose with the trade war announcement so I'm not surprised at their 80% increase cost talk. However, for any stable business, this wouldn't be a death blow and they would make adjustments accordingly to stay in business by just doing the usual with laying off workers, raising prices and eating whatever margins they can. But it seems that in Caselabs' situation, the writing has been on the wall for a while for them and they did mention they defaulted on one of their accounts. If the trade war didn't kill them, the next upcoming recession most certainly would have.

I don't have much opinion about the cases since I never used them except for the fact like some other people have that the impression of Caselabs' products are overpriced.

damn
thanks god that lian li seems to be doing well, because these are hard times for quality enclosures with le cooler master and such

>we defaulted
>oh also tariffs

They were fucked before the tariff, and they're just blaming it.

first person with a clue this thread

Everything was made in chinkland, then shipped over to the US and sold with insanely high margins

Notice that they say their costs increased EIGHTY fucking percent and they STILL made a profit on each case, just not enough to offset other expenditures they had at the same time.

Itt: faggots amazed that if you rely on America for 100% of your manufacturing, raw materials and all, that it's hard to turn a profit.

see

What was their undoing were their ridiculous prices for fucking bent sheet metal. If they centered moreso on volume sales than low volume idiocy with insane costs, maybe they wouldn't be bankrupt. How the fuck do you go bankrupt getting sheet metal pressed in chink land and charging Americans crazy prices?
^THIS
^ China deserves the market then if you're going to be this dumb.
No way this shit was made in America.
Fucking idiots can't even run a business where they don't do any of the labor. I see a caselab case maybe 1/1000 cases. That's why they went bankrupt .. because they were charging nigger tier prices for a slightly above average product. I bought a chink case that is more rigid with tempered glass on both sides w/ better layout + 4 fans for $100. They can fuck right off.

There's many other case makers in the game name. Cooler master is shit tier and Lian Li was smoking too much opium. Their case quality/layout went to shit. They look like ass and they were still charging premium +some. I had a Lian Li case from back in the day but they fell the fuck off.

Attached: bd46d8ce1e51952c546e3e9d8680f437.jpg (500x269, 18K)

When will idiots like this ever learn that chinks have zero semblance of quality or craftsmanship?

It's like the MAGA hat, the irony is they're made in China.

Correct
They lied. All of that shit was produced in chink land. They just squandered the money and ran the Operations like shit. Instead of trying to chase larger volume and grow the business they continued w/ their botique premium bullshit.

caselabs-store.com/mercury-s8s-customizable/
$400 for this bullshit + nickle and diming people for every goofy little component.

amazon.com/CORSAIR-CARBIDE-Cube-Case-High-Airflow/dp/B01LHFLPB4
$139
Better airflow.
Better layout.
Better component support.

THIS IS WHY YOU GO BANKRUPT.
Seems like these guys were stuck in the HARDocp days and didn't get the memo. Sad because there's a lot of potential w/ their cases.

Almost makes me want to get into the business and see how hard it is to send some cad work over to chinkland and see how much a finished product would cost.

This is

Just about everything is made in China.
Things have changed since the earlier days.
All of your expensive ass bullshit premium brand products are made over there.

you still get excellent stuff like the ncase m1 from them
I'd say they were just trying to guess with various concepts what was supposed to be cool for the new generation of consumers

that's fake news

yeah not the real ones guy

>made in china equals poor quality
>when chinese people are better than us at everything and will only produce garbage on purpose

""""" Made in the USA"""""

>sell 20 cases a year
This is the main thing.

I literally run a review channel for computer stuff and I have never heard of CaseLabs.

Attached: 1510373209672.jpg (334x249, 20K)

> ncase m1
$195 for a tiny ass rectangle.
I can get a case twice that size [half the materials for half the price]

Get the fuck out of here.
The whole computing industry has turned into a fanboi fag fest w/ all of the rick&morty types screaming : Take my money.

$195 is highway robbery for that bullshit.
SFF is a fucking meme

>when chinese people are better than us at everything and

Attached: costanza.jpg (225x225, 5K)

My headphones are still made in germany.

>you're
what?
They already have the market, why are you projecting?

>never heard of caselabs
post your channel.

This may just be the asshole in me talking, but here me out.

They can either use a laser to cut parts, or a water jet... either one likely costs 200k-500k but once bought, are more or less going to be paying for themselves, or they could rent one out while they make some volume parts.

Now you make a motherboard tray, which would be standard across all builds possibly 3 variants, this way you can go the ultra small, mid and large motherboards and accompanying cases.

now for the frame, you do something simple, you get a material that is standardized and make it from that

after that, you get some meshes and either weld them on, or you put some magnetic tape on them.

I want to say that after they have a design, materials may cost up to 100$, sell the thing for 200 to 300$ and there you go. you are a custom case company, so long as you make it quality, it will sell.

hell, you could probably do much of the cutting with a c&c machine, that would be what, 10-50K?

If you fuck it up this bad, you deserve to go out.

youtube.com/ponchato

Hell, I've been into computers since I was a kid. Never heard of CaseLabs even once.

I'm not sure you understand much about manufacturing and expensive machinery
and yes, people will pay quite a bit more to get a flawless product because that's the whole point of this particular market segment
and no need to be offensive, jesus

assembled, not made.
granted a good deal of shit is made there, but almost everything is made else where and assembled in china.

Really? You sure you're qualified to review anything?

horisontal master race over vertical faggot.

that said, thermaltake cube cases are hard to argue against.

this thread

Attached: 1519814862361.jpg (418x500, 49K)

>Trump killed fucking Caselabs

Man its going to be so satisfying to watch him get tried for fucking espionage after Mueller finishes pulling the details out of Flynn and Manafort's asses.

niche as fuck company, honestly if my little brother didn't jizz over custom cases I would have never heard about them either.

what is it? can't bear the truth?

due to the left imploding, we are going to have 6 more years of trump.

You can't be POTUS while serving a life sentence.

did the left ever actually exist in the US? legitimately wondering

oof, if only they had come to you for some manufacturing advice.

Who knew we had an industry expert in this thread.

Attached: 1529699726102.png (240x286, 123K)

Well, qualified enough to make useful videos I think.

Look at the responses in this thread - CaseLabs was clearly never a mainstream company. Have you heard of James Donkey? They make mice. It's not unreasonable for you to not have heard of every single company ever, right?

How?

I'm legit perplexed how you've never even heard of them. Go do yourself a favour and look up some singularitycomputers videos.

You must have your blinkers on, like..da fuck?

JAMES DONKEY 007

>so long as you make it quality, it will sell.
As a multi-business owner, several of which have failed, I can assure you with 100% certainty that quality is almost completely unrelated to business success.

>James Donkey
>5 twitter followers
>chink brand

>caselabs
>7k followers
>been around forever

Cmon mate, don't pull that shit.

>and yes, people will pay quite a bit more to get a flawless product
If you wanted a flawless product, you wouldn't have it made by chink slave laborers.

>I can assure you with 100% certainty that quality is almost completely unrelated to business success
For example, there's Apple.

>we gon impeach him
it's been 2 years already
LET IT GO

I love their name, wish they were more successful in western markets

The only super high end case manufacturer I'm even remotely familiar with is Lian Li, and that's only because they showed up in MaximumPC often

Also singularitycomputers has some pretty good videos, over the top PCs with actually in-depth build logs is neat.

7k twitter followers is practically 0. And the point wasn't to compare the two, it was just to say that it's not crazy for someone to not have heard of a very low volume, very niche company. Ask an American car buff if they're familiar with Alfa Romeo and there's a very real chance they won't be.

kek

But apple makes quality products?

Thread derailment time?

Attached: 1516058864990.png (3388x3638, 326K)

>But apple makes quality products?

Attached: 87766776.jpg (1920x1080, 184K)

>But apple makes quality products?

Attached: 1507919690613.png (500x438, 1K)

>It's Trump’s fault our shitty business model did not work out
No, it's because you made regular ass products for 5x what everyone else made. This is why Trump haters look bad compared to Nazis.

Attached: 1485963902899.jpg (399x453, 28K)

I'm not gonna berate you too hard, I know you dont; know every case maker out there.

I'm just surprised being a self-proclaimed tech enthusiast you've never came across the name. I'm pretty sure they've been in maximumpc magazine, loonis, hardwarecuck, oc3d singularity.jayz, literally every YTuber I can think of has done something with a caselabs case.

>Also singularitycomputers has some pretty good videos
Wait, so you know them and never heard of caselabs???

I'm going to enjoy watching you leftist cock gobblers melt down again in 2020. The only thing more satisfying than a crying liberal is a bleeding one.

It basically wouldn't if not for shitskins and self-propelled incubators.

Careful with the tail end of that.

Remember. The South and Hitler both lost. Badly.

>Wait, so you know them and never heard of caselabs???
I just skimmed through a few of their videos when you mentioned them, looked neat

And to be honest, I don't really follow other youtubers. The only one I kinda-sorta watch occasionally is GamersNexus, but that's really only if I have a question on stuff I don't have access to.

> The only thing more satisfying than a crying liberal is a bleeding one.
So I take it you Americans either don't know the meaning of that word or literally hate freedom?

>I don't really follow other youtubers
why

South and hitler lost badly, yes.. but Trump won your election.
??

Yeah but ol' Hitler got a looootta stuff done before he lost.

>The only thing more satisfying than a crying liberal is a bleeding one.

It won't end how you think. Never does. Remember, most of your base is retirees. As far as military aged men go the left outnumbers.

Probably more than 90% of the content of most channels is just opinions - "I think this feature is good", "I like this", "I don't like this". I like data, I like taking measurements, comparing things numerically and as objectively as possible. That's the whole reason I started the channel, actually - I want more detailed information and it just wasn't out there, or it was presented poorly.

Not to these vermin, they didn't.

Attached: 1517214564205.jpg (510x525, 42K)

I only heard of them twice. A long time ago when LinusShillTips was building a custom home server. The other time being Jewz2Cents purposely building an overpriced water-cooled gaming rig.
Beyond these two instances, I have never seen any other channels shilling this companies cases.

Attached: 1455353255409-1.png (650x1179, 340K)

Should've used superior European™ steel for your cases.

maybe selling ugly $500 big towers in just the wrong business model. I looked at buying a case from them, but what they call "custom" is really a very small set of options and the cases are not that great compared to the huge variety of cases you can get elsewhere

If you're even 4% serious here, stop making videos and get a hold of the industry first. Yes, that's indeed coming from a not youtoubing nobody, who at least knows James donkey and caselabs.
But hey, let's continue this game; Scythe, Jonsbo, Leopold, NoFan, Colorful, Powercolor, Zalman, PNY, ADATA, Micron, bet you've even never heard of a gentle typhoon or noiseblocker to begin with.

Attached: 366h.jpg (250x337, 29K)

nor did their competitors you dingbat

>youtube.com/ponchato
>Pentium 4 2.4GHz
>childhood system

you're making me feel so old

>flip the case on its side
gee that was hard

>cheapest case if 200$ for a literal plain box of aluminium
>prices range up into 800$
>meanwhile, chinks sell 50$ cases with the same features

surely their margins were deeply affected.
Must have been making only 95% profit instead of 99, boohoo.

good riddance, what a shitshow of a company

>But hey, let's continue this game; Scythe, Jonsbo, Leopold, NoFan, Colorful, Powercolor, Zalman, PNY, ADATA, Micron, bet you've even never heard of a gentle typhoon or noiseblocker to begin with.
Heh, actually know about all of those except noiseblocker. Pic related, I've been sitting on a Mugen 5 rev B (for way too long) from Scythe. Actually pretty sure I applied to Micron in college.

Problem is several of those companies just don't have a very big presence in north america, or at least not much in the way of marketing.

And of course I know Zalman, in my eyes they were the best back in the mid 2000s. I slapped one of their huge doughnut coolers (a CNPS9500 - had to look up the model name) on a Q6600 when I built my first computer, which was an office PC for my dad that cost way too much.

And I've seen the claim a number of times that Gentle Typhoons are the best fans. Like, objectively measured noise and airflow, the best. I want to set up a proper fan test bench in the future, but I've got a ton of stuff already on my plate for now.

Ha, yeah quite a few of the comments are older dudes talking about their Matrox graphics cards and Pentium 2s. I think I bragged about using an AGP graphics card in that video and the boomers were like >*sip* back in my day...

Attached: scythe.jpg (843x775, 217K)