Android 8.1 adoption is practically non-existant

>android 8.1 adoption is practically non-existant
>fandroid fans excited about android 9
fucking why?

Attached: images.jpg (282x178, 6K)

Because daddy Google released it!

Newer Android updates remove good features and implement shitty sjw inspired ui design

Using 8.1 with my Moto G5 and it's good

Justice for Oreo. Oreo deserves better.

BB10 and SailfishOS both have massively superior gesture controls. Android has always been behind on UI. Its a nonsensical mess. Going through the settings on an Android phone is just opening a heap of shit that explodes in your face.

They're trying to phase out their own stupid buttons now, something they practically demanded all Android handset manufacturers have, so they can be more like BB10 and Sailfish.
Google is just hopeless. Trying to be a trend setter by copying.

Its a shame that Palm's Web OS, and Blackberry's BB10 had to die.. We really need a better alternative. Being stuck between Apple or Google is painful.

>OP is poorfag on old phone
>people who actually are excited for new androids are on phones that support it

Rocking 8.1 on my mi4c, welp, you needn't have been in retarded country like USA and have ability to unlock bootloader

you completely misunderstand the reference you tried to make and as a consequence you look like a massive fucking retard for it. honestly shoot yourself

>honestly shoot yourself
Why does Jow Forums keep telling Jow Forums to kill Jow Forums?

It's like you hate yourself, Jow Forums!

it's a meme laddy, but if you already knew that then shoot yourself

>it's a meme laddy, but if you already knew that then shoot yourself
All-of-my-why.jpg

literally dont know what the stats are on android version adoption. But, my guess is its largely because of all the old abandoned devices? My op3t runs 8.1. I cant be responsible for the dinosaur that bought their first "smart phone" 2 years ago and doesn't know what "upgrading" means.

The Android market is absurdly segmented. Some manufacturers never release updates even if the chipset powering them would be supported. Some people just buy cheap phones that are already years old. A huge part of this is the fault of India and other foreign poverty markets. People buy old cheap devices and keep using them until they totally fail.

All of xda is filled with panjeets begging for roms, I think it's mostly bommers

As a dev it fucking sucks because you cant target only new android os’s without killing potential adoptiob

this is literally one of the main reasons why I run CFW. I wont buy a device unless I can unlock bootloader (hence why I only buy op).

Like this every goddamn year. Google just doesn't give a shit. All of the features in 9 could easily be integrated in 8.

Yeah my S8 will get Android P ~Feb/mach 2019 then by then google will have announced the latest version

Why wouldn’t I be using Android 9 at this point in time?

Google still has yet to fix battery problems. No one cares about new features if their fucking phone can barely last a day. It's absolutely disgusting how horrible android battery life is; even when you start disabling data, etc. I'm lucky to get 2 days out of my phone with AKT, CFW, etc. It's quite sad really.

How? Custom ROM or OTA?

>google play services drawing battery
>not downloading anything
>clean ROM with no apps installed

Thanks, Google.

most the time its not even google play services its "phone idle". It's literally the framework.

Liar

Android Poo sucks. I'm happy with 8.1.

Attached: Screenshot_20180811-092512.png (1080x1920, 103K)

Galaxy S5 with 8.1, also Mi 6 with 8.1
8.1 is trash. Too aggressive power saving. I'll probably revert to 7 on my S5.

>It's quite sad really.
wew someone bought chink shit, stock battery life is better than any tweaked kernel + shitty unsupported rom.

Attached: Screenshot_20180731-223508.png (1440x2880, 192K)

>sjw inspired ui design
Explain

First phones with project Treble are getting out now

I recently went from Lolipop to Oreo and can no longer find the smart rotate option. That thing where if you turn the phone to landscape slow enough, screen won't rotate. It's now painful af to use in bed, perhaps you know of a fix?

idk what version I even have, all of them are fucking shit. all phone OS's are shit

Just got 8.1 on my basically abandoned LG G4, quite comfy but for some reason it doesn't want to play opus

who gives a shit?

Dude, it's on XDA. It's a soak test, but it only has one issue which is the speakers not sounding all that great. Otherwise mighty fucking fine, to be honest.

is android a botnet?

Android peaked at KitKat.

>look I posted something that made me look retarded!

Bubbles to pad their safe spaces.
No edge.

Fuck knows.

I'm running 8.1 on a Note 4X but fucking Google stop releasing new versions, just fucking try to get as many existing devices on the current latest version and just release some patches or something

Mine run on 6 and the hardware still competes with todays flagships

Lineage with android 8.1 on a Samsung S5 and desu it's worse than 7. No visible changes, but once in a while it randomly restarts, playing a song has a chance of crashing the phone for 2-3 minutes. Otherwise it's good.

I just upgraded to Android 9 yesterday. Was only excited bcuz muh security patching.

Attached: raspberry-pi-logo.png (511x642, 50K)

at least with the fruitfags you're the customer instead of the product though

>buy pc in 2008, still has latest software, still receiving updates regularly
>buy smartphone in 2016, will never be updated again

How I wish I could have meego experience with modern apps

Attached: 1511169890938.jpg (640x480, 43K)

In Androjeet land, an ‘old’ phone is something you bought 8 months ago.

>naming your OS releases after foods the majority of your user base have never even eaten or can afford

Android C(urry) & Chicken Feet when?

Why should I care for other Android users?
I got v9 yesterday.

so? as long as i can hit the fucking button why would i care what it looks like?

is that what you really think?

it's not just Jow Forums. it's everyone.

One of the main arguments again the android phone is Android ui

I'm running 8.1, but honestly don't care. All I want are security patches, I don't need new features. The few applications I use work fine and worked fine three years ago.

Android Unicef Package when?

Using 8.1 on mine since it was released. Stop getting shit phones.

Running 8.1 on my Redmi Note 5 Global.

Attached: Screenshot.png (1080x2160, 59K)

What the fuck does that have to do with anything you retard?

I refuse to believe there's people that are excited for Android Pie. It's almost 100% a step backwards from previous versions of Android.

>Looks notably worse than previous Android versions
>heading more and more towards looking like ios
>removes functionality from previous versions of android
>changes multitasking to be less functional and more difficult to use. Not to mention, also looks like ios' shit-tier implementation
>Literally 0 features that are worth an update

My OP3 is going to get an update to Pie and I want to avoid it like the plague.

I don't know about you guys but Pie is pretty comfy. This and the new smart rotate are worth the upgrade.

Attached: 2018_08_11_02_42_13.webm (720x1280, 2.39M)

I'm on 8.1 and I don't even know how it's different from 5 besides some basic looks.

Did they finally fix the camera bug where it won't open up?

android 5 doesn't even have a built in flashlight. you're missing out on a ton of features.

ios but worse

Tfw on 6 because not a phonefag who updates model every year

No, you're on 6 because you got a phone from a manufacturer, who doesn't give a rats ass about providing support for their device, once a sale is made.

These icons at top look like ass. Who greenlit that shit?

Per app permissions and Doze.

built-in flashlight is a big feature to you?

Pajeet company has a pajeet mindset & pajeet workflow

Because maybe the os should be separate from the phone. I should be on the newest security patch and have the newest operating system on a 1 year old phone, instead I'm "lucky" that I got oreo and will be lucky whenever I get the newest patch.

Why are these things patches and like weekly fixes that get pushed to every device?

Dog is pretty comfy

Attached: Screenshot_20180811-175233.png (418x315, 195K)

Looks like shit when compared to Oreo imo. It's like they tried to rip off iOS but somehow managed to make it look even worse.

Sad thing is this is how Google used to do it. Little updated were always just incremental and part of the same version.
Now they just up a tier every time, I literally lost track and went to Youtube the other day just to see what they've updated in recent Android's. Shit, i'm still running Android 4 or 5 on my Z3 Compact and it's fine

I think the only feature I'd really like from the newer versions of Android is Multiwindow/Split screen. What else is great from then since now?

Attached: 1375499469564.png (232x244, 112K)

Now you can properly manage app permissions

oh shit its out? since when?

What breed is that?

Stop getting shit phones then. My Mi A1 has 8.1 already for like 2 weeks. Android 9 planned by end of year.

Smart rotate, new adaptive brightness, new volume control, 20% improved battery life and Lockdown mode are all pretty handy.

Soak test OTA leaked through XDA

Attached: ggL12RgGqEUmFRJy.png (650x1156, 129K)

Android Malaria Vaccine

used to have a piece of shit noia 3 and it was slow as testicles on nu-gat. Oreo made it fly

Wheres the update for my galaxy S9+? Still on 8.0.0 here

Not the one you've quoted, but the newer hi is looking worse as times goes by. Buttons are getting bigger and the contrast is worse than ever. The dial app looks like Fisher Price shit.

I'm happy on 7 with my chinese T1.
Can't think of a single feature that'd make me jump, features feel complete.

I can get 2 days with ease on my Note 5. Maybe you just should've researched better.

pshhht.. nothin personnel... op

>samshit
>expecting updates
LMAOing@your reply, should've gone for a nokia silly

Attached: photo5150279019495794664.jpg (720x1280, 75K)

Maybe don't have an ancient device. It doesn't even need to be flagship tier. My $220 LG Stylo 4 has Android 8.1 out of the box.

I used a smartphone with 5 on it and looked mostly the same with mine running 8.1. But 5 from 4 was a major upgrade.

huh? why do i need to wait for most people to get the current one to be excited about it? (i'm not anyway, i haven't even looked into it)
you think everyone excited for the next cpu/gpu/whatever has the immediate previous model already?

>android 4 - improved battery life
>android 6 - improved battery life
>android 7 - improved battery life
>android 8 - improved battery life
>android 9 - improved battery life

Just don't be stupid and buy a device with a good battery

Attached: Screenshot_Settings_20180811-130614.png (720x1280, 77K)

I still had the best battery life on 4.4
7.1 isn't bad at all, but 4.4 is the best of Android to this day IMO

>buy shit device
>complain it has shit battery life

wew

Judging by his response, it was a sarcastic one.

>Samsung
>updating their devices within a year of Android version release

Late 2019 / early 2020, perhaps.

oreo was released less than half year ago...

Where's the buttons? How the fuck is any boomer mom expected to operate that? Are they living in their own little world? What happened to intuitive design?

>install amateur grade Indian botnet keylogging ROM to remove Chinky botnet ROM for an update

Attached: 38E01CFF-DFDE-4EB9-8164-351331493947.png (414x358, 220K)