Help me learn how computers work

I need help getting a better fundamental understanding of how computers and software work so I can continue to teach myself more about them

I understand enough about computers to use them competently and write some basic code but I feel as if somebody asked me how a computer actually works I wouldn't be able to tell them.

Are there any videos or books to help me get a better understanding?

I've been playing around with different windows and linux versions in VMs and watching random videos but I thought I'd ask here if there are any better resources to look at so I don't waste so much time.

pic not related

Attached: 1530651745189.jpg (226x250, 5K)

Read this. It's pretty enjoyable and will teach you a lot of things that you didn't know

Attached: code-book.jpg (336x499, 14K)

1's and 0's go in, different 1's and 0's go out.

You can't explain that.

It's enjoyable until the chapter on the adder and how flip-flop circuits work. After which it becomes a a more difficult but enlightening read.

10/10 book would read again and again.

Thank you

mane life must be so easy for her, I bet she gets laid whenever she wants, doesn't need to work to live cause she can just own someone else through sex, gets to be a bitch and people let her because tits, etc

>being jealous of a sexy lady
>not wanting to plug into her SCSI adapter if ya know what I mean
programming socks were a mistake

b-but I am le grill (female)

Name?

Chesty La Rue

All of this can still apply

Your small image is mildly upsetting.

What specific things does the OP want to know?

More clear pic? She’s fine af

This is the answer that matters

>Chesty
heh

Im reading a book on computer architecture in my spare time. It is incredibly tough to get your brain around but the gist is this:
>computers are composed of boolean gates (binary 0 and 1 inputs that express an argument) of binary states that are arranged in increasingly complicated and clever ways to establish logic scenarios.
>Coding is different to hardware design in the sense that code is trying to make the most out of as little code as possible to eliminate redundancy, whereas in hardware you try to pack in as much replicated hardware as possible into a tiny space so you can execute the same stuff quicker even if it seems redundant. Its basically so that lots of things can be done at once and be layered ontop of each other so no function is stuck in a queue unless you specifically want it to be timed as such.

I might have gotten a lot of that wrong, but man, wrapping your brain around how this works in a holistic sense is headache inducing.
Electrical engineering is oddly similar but way harder than Biology.

high voltage comes in, beep comes out
low voltage comes in, bop comes out

Ben Eater can teach you how to build a CPU if you have some basic electronics knowledge.

Also, fuck off incel scum ()

Peyton Royce.

not him but I don't know

Peyton Royce

Do a Linux from scratch install.
You will learn a lot, probably more than you will ever need

>fake tiddy
:

Get that Aussie thot off Jow Forums ya ding-dong diddly simp

Attached: MangaMicroprocessors_cover.png (473x625, 548K)