Picture stolen from >>>>67096818

Picture stolen from >>Zoomers don't know, but the real issue with Vista were drivers. With Vista, MS started hacking support for "smaller" hardware companies, and majority of people were transitioning to Vista with hardware that remembered XP and wasn't made by any of the 4 big vendors that remain today. Especially stuff like soundcards, non-usb peripherals, non-generic stuff for com ports and some motherboard integrated soundcards suffered too. By the time win7 was released our choice in hardware was already limited and only "compatible" hardware was available.

Time to put tinfoil hat. And if someone could rewrite this but in easier to understand form.

Attached: 1533955738650_Stolen.jpg (1010x630, 149K)

just use windows 7 with a vista theme

And someone on Jow Forums should care about this because..?

why is it that neo-zoomers make the shittest threads?

Attached: leatherboy.jpg (564x428, 67K)

Vista was a fucking dumpster fire...and?

Because, it shaped the current market?
or is Jow Forums even more brainlet than I anticipated?

If I was youtuber I'd make a 15 minutes long watered down video that'd contain exactly the same what I said in the post and a clickbaity title like "the truth about vista" "vista - secret deal", and get money while you'd watch it, feeling smarter.

>vista killed soundcars, com ports and non-usb peripherals
why was vista so based?

Attached: kizuna ai.jpg (614x768, 38K)

>com ports and non-usb peripherals

Computers aren't just for games user. Industrial stuff used serial ports back then (and still uses, I still see XP laptops once in a while in workshops).

Also it killed competition, I hope you enjoy having literally 4 companies manufacture all the computers with the only "choice" being a company which solders all that stuff.

>shaped current market
And anyone on Jow Forums should care about OS "market" because..?

inb4
>muh unpopular Linux desktop
Fuck off gay person.

There was some really bad stigma against vidta back when it released but a lot of it came from the jealous as fuck and very loud applefags. Why were they jealous? Aero looked fucking slick and ran smooth as fuck even on older hardware.

I upgraded to Vista around the time Halo 2 came out because I am a gamerfag and it ran with no issues on my P4 3.2ghz HT, 2gb ram and a Radeon x800, and boy I had that baby under constant load (emule, http server, more shit that i dont remember) and it just fucking worked.
Was I lucky or something? What was your experience, you ni/g/gers?

>OS "market"

At times I feel people here are as dumb as a bag of potatoes. The whole point I'm making is that lack of drivers in Vista killed the hardware competition - the non-big 4 chips weren't supported since then.

Yeah, you were lucky, back then many people still had non-nvidia or non-ati graphics cards and via boards with their cpus and chips.

Big if true

Who gives a shit at this point?

Whenever I used Windows Vista, no, the only problem wasn't it being slow because of my hardware. It also had popups for everything. Annoying shit I didn't have to deal with. The only point at which Vista was usable was at the point Windows 7 was already there and SP2 for Vista came out. I'll admit it was essentially Windows 7 without a few features and it performed the exact fucking same.

But at that point I still question why not just use Windows 7. Like nigga, I'm one of those people who use 8.1 instead of 10 and I can justify why. I haven't seen any justification for Vista other than "the default theme is not as cool". So what? Can't you just patch the system to use custom themes? Aren't there like 700 billion themes out there for Windows 7? Can't you just find your old Vista themes for it? Come on now.

Vista itself wasn't as bad as it's made out to be, NT6 was a genuine improvement and there has been no major NT version since (NT10 is just a gay name for NT6.4).
You should be looking at hardware manufacturers and, more importantly, driver """developers""" (namely Novideo), the chart speaks for itself.
That being said, install Gentoo.

I had Vista on my first laptop, it was great which.

>Meanwhile in Apple&Linux land: RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE WINDOWS RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE MICROSOFT RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

>Who gives a shit at this point?
You're right, I'm out. Waste of time and words. As a boomer I thought internet still was gatekeeping people sub100iq. Probably only understood my post.

>You should be looking at hardware manufacturers
For example, initially, Vista was planned to DRM everything on-screen, making screen recording and media files played directly to output, making movies "impossible to pirate". Vista was a hardware hell till some SP2.
It's no wonder smaller manufacturers couldn't write their drivers if MS didn't include them into the default package of drivers.

I played around with vista on my dad's working laptop, and oh boy, that was really a great experience.

Who the fuck cares about your history. You won't change anything, fuck off and move on.
No one cares what happened.

>For example, initially, Vista was planned to DRM everything on-screen, making screen recording and media files played directly to output, making movies "impossible to pirate". Vista was a hardware hell till some SP2.
>It's no wonder smaller manufacturers couldn't write their drivers if MS didn't include them into the default package of drivers.
Thanks ananoni, wasn't aware.

Who the hell is defending Vista? Was it not universally agreed upon that it was the worst thing to happen to personal computing?

Sure glad school is starting again soon.