Dart/Flutter

What are your thoughts on the Dart programming language and the Flutter cross-platform mobile SDK?

Attached: dart-logo-for-shares.png (2650x1488, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/flutter/flutter/issues/11609
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It will allow for much more solid cross platform apps unlike react native. Just has no library ecosystem now though.

Also I'd like it much more if it were able to use something similar to JSX. Flutter's build method with its nesting of widgets is difficult to read and you're also forced to inline styles.

Do you still have to deal with the crazy Activity shit on Android with Flutter?

>Also I'd like it much more if it were able to use something similar to JSX
github.com/flutter/flutter/issues/11609
This has got to be one of the longest comment threads on GitHub.

As far as I understand you're pretty much only using Dart unless you want to create an app icon or launch screen, or want to create a bridging library that uses native features (e.g. speech recognition). You'd have to play around with the Flutter native API if you want to integrate it in to a brownfield app though, and that would include creating an activity.

The best approach to cross platform webdev is to release on F-Droid and reply to requests for an iOS port with smug Stallmans.

Attached: rms-gigolo.png (631x362, 226K)

So instead of removing the "conflicting comments" they decided to lock the conversation.

Well there goes any dreams for a readable UI layout syntax.

Attached: file.png (781x494, 68K)

>cross platform webdev
Wake up before you post.
>smug Stallmans
If you're running GApps, you are in no position to be smug about your free flashlight app. iOS is better for your privacy than Google-hooked Android.

It's pretty cute, but the readability of widget layouts is a fucking mess

Glad to see people standing up to embedding a stupid dsl that needs to be preprocessed.

JSX people are stupid as shit

>iOS is better for your privacy than Google-hooked Android.
Unfortunately this is true. On Apple you're a customer whereas on Android you're the product.

What is JSX and what pros/cons are there?

>It's pretty cute
What's cute about? It's pretty much modern Java.

Meme dsl invented to sate the needs of Facebook to transpile js at any chance they get even though template strings and template literal syntax was added to it at about the same time and could have been both runtime evaluated or prebaked with transpiling.

The main point of the dsl is to intermix your ui component declarations with your JavaScript code. Basically html + JavaScript.

>This is what Itodlers actually believe.

>t. Google-sucker
I'm using LineageOS with microG and only apps from F-Droid.

Nah, fuck flutter and dart especially. Native development with Kotlin is the way to go.

Fuckin hell I gave up reading all that

>Saying Apple isn't any better than Google means you like Googles dick in you ass.

It does, because it ignores the obvious differences between the two.

>people think that this is perfectly readable and fine

Attached: IMG_20180812_230101.jpg (1296x1456, 155K)

There's no fucking way Flutter will be taken seriously with this shit

Attached: cEBeo.jpg (330x330, 34K)

no less readable than some inline xml-like abortion that basically does the same thing.

The ideal solution is just a separate XML like Java Android apps already do, and just hook into components in your class from the file to fuck with state or something

I have mixed feelings on this in general. I see the appeal of the mixing of code and ui shit, but there is tooling simplicity and organization benefits to keeping shit separate and describing style/layout in other files.

I'd hope flutter was generic enough to support a wide variety of solutions, but DSLs are fucking cancer. I wouldn't hate JSX so much if it was at least a template literal, like Jsx`${MyGayWidget({ gay: attrs })}${ // my gay js}` because then it would be "native" js through and through.

This. I don’t know why we’ve abandoned twenty years of SoC to start putting markup in the control code again.

because that's what react kids are doing. it's the future, today(tm).

It is not control code, but view code. Your JSX code should only express what you'd express with directives in, e.g., AngularJS.

Pretty nice. Dart is like a language with (nearly) all of the good parts of javascript but without the gigantic amount of shit that that language has.
But like everyone and their mother's have been saying, it needs something like JSX.

>What are your thoughts on the Dart programming language
Solid, but
- using Haxe from the beginning would have been better
- designing static type checking from the beginning would have been better
> and the Flutter cross-platform mobile SDK?
Idc.