What is the ideal language and framework for creating web backends in >1839 + 179

What is the ideal language and framework for creating web backends in >1839 + 179

Attached: backenddevelopmenticon.png (256x256, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

luckyframework.org/why-lucky/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Java springboot

C++

Vanilla es6.

asp dot net core

Play Framework with Java or Scala depending on your team's inclination.

Rust + actix-web, iron, rocket, or whatever else. They're all good and flexible

Attached: just-use-laravel.jpg (700x700, 36K)

>spring boot
This one's always exciting. With all the automated configuration, classpath scanning and arcane conf properties from a dozen libs nobody can tell what it does before it is running.
Not even the developers.
Its slow ass startup just stretches out that tense moment.

Unironically this. We already have over 20 client projects on this. Hosting a web app backend with this stuff feels like cheating at this point desu.

Rust is very promising perf-wise but they _really_ need to standardize futures/async/await and related I/O features.
And I'm not writing production code that depends on a bunch of 1 developer 0.x weekend projects, each with a dozen 0.x dependencies that could break or be abandoned any day.

Crystal + Lucky. It's the most type-safe solution for web development this side of Haskell. Nice language, too.
luckyframework.org/why-lucky/

literally just HTML. Use Jekyll. No random deprecated dependencies, unbelievably faster performance, and significantly less strain on your servers.

Java Spring

Attached: nanoha frustrated.png (230x207, 70K)

Node.js and express.

C

these
this, once Crystal is actually in a 1.0-like state

python

Off yourself, nastiest possible webdev experience you could ever experience.

ROUTE -> (OH, YOU WANNA DO A FEW OPERATIONS BEFORE RENDERING?) ->CALLBACK->CALLBACK->CALLBACK->PROMISE->Wait where'd my scope go

Attached: 1533573059008.png (730x643, 731K)

>can't handle asynchronous programming
is that way, brainlet

not this one
Funky how this doesn't support vb(net) even though vbnet is just another syntax for c#.
Guess parsing all those annoying template languages takes efforts to implement.

>vbnet is just another syntax for c#.
Incorrect. Both Visual Basic.NET and C#.NET are languages that compile to the CLI. VB.NET does not compile to C# code nor vice versa.

COBOL you fucking coward

C
I want OOP niggers to go. You're a fucking blight on our profession.

fullstack C web development

Attached: 1485118377660.jpg (486x659, 39K)

This. My uni wrote their class registration system in COBOL and it's wonderful because I can just flood it with packets when registration opens up and I get all the good classes before anyone else.

>Incorrect. Both Visual Basic.NET and C#.NET are languages that compile to the CLI.
My statement doesn't imply otherwise, brainlet.
>VB.NET does not compile to C# code nor vice versa.
Incorrect. There are VBnet to C# and back compilers. It's both easily possible, both from language to language as well from language to IR to language. Except for some retarded extras like unsafe, builtin forms and some comfort features their feature set is identical. For now.
T. someone who translated a vbnet project to c#

I want Cnile brainlets and other people who have no clue about language design to go. You're a fucking blight on computing in general.

You're a nigger.

JAVASCRIPT
Javascript for everything

nice bait. here's another (You) for your collection

that is one hell of a strong argument

PHP+Laravel

I really like Laravel, it's simple and just works.

Callbacks are the worst model for concurrency ("asynchronous programming"). You shouldn't pride yourself on using it.

Promises are pretty good, and you don't really need to nest callbacks deeper than one level to write express code.

Quickly / Easily? Ruby
Do you already know python? Python
Are you Indian? Java / PHP
Are you a front end developer? Javascript
Do you need super performance at all costs? You probably don't need someone to suggest you an option and instead need to figure out how the fuck you'll hire devs to actually build it in some obscure language not many people use like elixir

Promises and async/await plaster over the ugliness of callbacks, but don't fundamentally fix it. CSP and actors implemented on top of N:M threads are just better.

>C baby can't do full webstack in assembly
Fuck off, brainlet.