WINDOWS 7 E-O-L #2020

>Windows 7 extended support ends on January 14, 2020
>the best version of Microsoft® Windows™ will be dead in less than 2 years

What will you do when this day comes, Jow Forums?
Are you prepared for judgement day?
Only other options are
>lelnux
>gagOS X

Attached: hashtag2020.png (1066x842, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3053711
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's currently supported until October 2021.

jokes on you i have 8.1

I'll just keep using it.

That's like bragging about having HIV.

7 is just Vista which is a worse XP which is a worse 2000 which is a worse NT4
Nothing will change, by 2022 winfags will switch to 10 because they're too retarded even for Macs

jokes on you i never installed any updates anyways

i lost my copy of windows 7

Attached: wojak suffering.png (1200x1505, 1.81M)

>implying that every computer using windows 7 will self destroy itself after 2020
>implying that somehow windows 7 will become unusable after 2020
>implying that you'll be more at risk than you're now
I haven't updated windows 7 since 2008, if not for the service packs, my computer is perfectly fine. If you're one of those who compulsively update everything you'll be even more fine.
Stop shitposting this.

Probably I will have killed myself by then.

Attached: 1515444104526.jpg (437x431, 28K)

>unironically buys windows
microsoft doesn't care about piracy, you good goy. I've been using a windows 7 ultimate cd for like 5 years now.

I still use the best version of Windows and it's not 7.

Attached: windowsvista.jpg (1200x800, 60K)

I really hope 'devs' don't force us to 'embrace the future'. And stop with the 'security' bullshit and updates. XP was kept for 3 years without updates if I'm not wrong. 7 could last much more. Just cut the bullshit.

I already promised myself. If internet reach this level, being unbearable with software that is made just with the intent of spying and surveillance, I'll move to linux, any kind of distro because if none future version of windows release become usable again, I will simply drop it. Cut the fucking bullshit.

8.1 with Classic Shell is basically no different from 7 aside from hybrid shutdown and lack of Aero Glass.

I really hope you aren't wrong. Because they drop support for windows xp for nothing. Really, why the fuck drop the support for it? It was a great OS and there is no difference between it and windows 10, name one which does affect the normal user. Also, the day some cuck states that windows 7 is outdated and will stop being supported under some software development, other software developers will start doing it too, same as with xp.

4GB VRAM limit in DX9.
Cloud integration via OneDrive, which can't be removed.
Store, which can't be removed.
Impossible to disable desktop composition
Half-arsed METRO UI.
Loltastic bugs: support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3053711
No, 8.1 is nowhere near Windows 7 quality standard.

>4GB VRAM limit in DX9.
There probably isn't any DX9 app that exceeds that limit

Many do if you use high resolutions with AA.

I see it as an opportunity, to finally embrace the linux eco system.

But XP is already dead.

- If you have a high-end >4GB GPU, you have to deal with W10 cancer anyway for DX12
- OneDrive can be disabled
- Store just sits somewhere in the menu, rest of the Metro apps can be killed with a single powershell command
- Never had to do that, use VM for old software that doesn't play nice with DWM
- Completely bypassed with Classic Shell

On the other hand you have hybrid shutdown, vastly improved task manager and copy/merge features in Explorer, better HiDPI support (still sucks though), no shenanigans required for USB3 and NVMe, and patches until 2023.

I already moved to linux, might as well get it over with.
Using Win10 in a VM for games that don't play on Linux, but they're starting to get fewer and fewer (both due to wine/compatibility layers and the general lack of good games)

>2000 which is a worse NT4
objectively incorrect

> >lelnux
If you don't know how to use a PC and are unwilling to learn, that's OK. Stick to Windows 10 or stay on 7/Embedded.

On September 1 it will be just 500 days to go. Who else is building a bunker to stay on 7.

Wait what,I have a a rx480 with 8gb and w7
Am I getting fucked by windows?

> Am I getting fucked by windows?
Yes.
> I have a a rx480 with 8gb
Why would yu mention that?

I use Windows 7 on a Titan X Pascal, just fine.
Disabled is not the same as non-existent.
Store does background traffic.
Maybe I want to play something windowed without VSync.
How about creating a new user? Oh, you have to go to METRO Settings.
My system boots in about 5 seconds on 7, because it's a fast PC. I don't need meme hybrid trash. HighDPI support is fine on 7, even on 4k at 250%. No shenanigans, MS provides both those drivers in generic form, and the hardware manufacturer also provides them (which you should use on either 7, 8 or 10).

Attached: System.png (1631x931, 181K)

It had some improvements, but it's outweighted by bloated 98 IE shell

Yes but only under specific conditions (e.g. an old game like Skyrim but with ultra high res texture mods that eat over 4GB of VRAM)

>How about creating a new user? Oh, you have to go to METRO Settings.
No you don't, unless you were creating users via the Wizard beforehand nothing is different there...

>'some' improvements
>don't have to reinstall EVERY device driver after a service pack

>Store does background traffic.
Even if enabled, it's minuscule. And if you remove Store-related tasks from Task Scheduler, the WSStore service never starts.

>Disabled is not the same as non-existent.
Autism is not an argument.

>Maybe I want to play something windowed without VSync.
Autism is not an argument.

>How about creating a new user?
I did this exactly once since I got my memepad X230 back in like 2013.

>HighDPI support is fine on 7
There are issues like being unable to set separate DPI for e.g. a laptop screen and an external monitor.

>the hardware manufacturer also provides them
I was referring to manually integrating the drivers into the .wim if you want to install Windows from USB3 and/or to NVMe.

this

20 year old boomers don't even know how shitty NT4 was to set up (although it WAS a big improvement from NT3.5)

brainlet here. why the fuck do i need support? i have never installed a single update. never had any issues

Literally using Win 10 with no problems right now to be honest with you famalalamalama

Windows 8.1 user here. Newer hardware requires 10. I'll just have to use Linux with GPU pass through. I may just buy a PS4 or whatever console for gaming if I want to continue playing games.

Because you also lose support for most applications like modern web browsers, which won't be a problem for the first year or so but after that it becomes a real pain in the ass.

Same (and liking it). Don't know what I'll do once that goes EOL though...

>use Windows 7
>no DirectX 11.3
>no DirectX 12
>no Windows Store exclusive games

Windows 7 is already dead.

Any game with texture mods

i have the newest firefox installed, no issues

Oh no. Ho could I live without any of those?

What a bunch of non arguments, pathetic.

>>use Windows 7
>>no DirectX 11.3
I see no difference in all but the worst programmed games.
>>no DirectX 12
I see no difference in all but the worst programmed games.
>>no Windows Store exclusive games
Wait, like un-ironically ?

>To resolve the issue, do not create a user account containing the string "user" on the computer.

Attached: VQi1dbx.jpg (2500x3226, 320K)

/8.1 crew/ here.

Sup op.

But Windows 8.1 is worse than 8(Best windows version if only it had gotten more support it would have been better than current Windows 7) and windows xp.

why would i do anything

Attached: 1458094031040.jpg (599x769, 56K)

Wait, so you can't play games from a certain time period? No backward compatibility?

*crack*
*sip*
>boots up MS-DOS
why should I upgrade my OS when every single game that doesn't support MS-DOS is poorly programmed trash?

Windows is a gaming OS, there is literally no reason a non-gamer would use Windows other than being too dumb to install Linux.

are you talking about Windows 10 not working with SafeDisc and other old DRM? just pirate the games and they work fine. there is no game W7 can run that W10 can't.

Do you enjoy being branded as an idiot?

I'll switch my Windows development/testing VMs to 8.1 when MSYS2 stops supporting 7.

I do if those branding me as an idiot are wrong and get BTFO in a logical argument every single time.

>there is no game W7 can run that W10 can't.
Some Games that are designed for dos based windows (for example civilization 2) can only run under windows xp compatibility mode in windows 7, which windows 10 doesnt have.

How about providing some?

Windows 7 performs better than 10.

So I'm building a PC next month, I should buy Win7 and not Win10?

buy neither, pirate 7

Windows 10 is way better than 7 in many ways.

-better UI
-better task manager
-better file transfer window
-can scroll windows without being focused
-better snap features
-virtual desktops
-dark mode soon
-file manager with tabs soon

etc

Just get a 20$ win10 enterprise LTSB key from ebay you faggots.
- no bloat (no cortana, store, iedge, nothing, just ie8 to download a real browser)
- monthly security rollups with no faggot feature updates
- faster than win7

Make sure to get 2016 version if you intend to use modern gpu (nv 10xx).

>faster than win7
this is a lie

>20$ win10 enterprise LTSB key

Attached: 1321046859962.jpg (512x384, 37K)

It's quite the opposite in fact. I use both 7 and LTSB2016, W10 constantly underperforms in comparison.

Windows 10 Enterprise has XP compatibility mode, maybe some pleb versions like Home don't.

wrong, you're just too dumb to configure W10 properly.

pirate Windows 10 Enterprise

Enterprise LTSB can't run most Windows Store exclusive games.

I could get a legit Windows 10 Educational from work for less than 10 quid, but i'll probably either continue to run Windows 7 or make my Slackware drive the main boot drive, and do the qemu/GPU passthrough thing if I really need to.

>wrong, you're just too dumb to configure W10 properly.
So it needs it to be configured in certain way. Awesome.

have fun getting all your info stolen from one Specture-based exploit that just pings random computers for unupdated versions of windows

THere is not much to configure. It's just outperformed by 7 in every single way. Not by much, but it's constantly.

wow look UI changes that take twenty minutes to program
now let's talk about how the backend is a billion times worse and even computer upgrading to Win10 can crack many one third the performance they'd have on Win7

>the qemu/GPU passthrough thing
have fun burning down your house

lol, if FBI or some Indian 15 year old want to steal my data, pls, you're very welcome. you will find 1000 pepe reaction pics from 2013 and multiple gigabytes of hentai. have fun

if you want a computer that just werks out of the box with no configuration just get an Xbone. PC gaming is for adults.

yeah you'll be laughing when a 12-year-old indian script kiddy deletes your kernel remotely because you thought you weren't worth securing

>wow look UI changes that take twenty minutes to program
not if pic related is anything to go by

Attached: 1512201585962.png (1300x4704, 1.14M)

I remember that thread.
Yeah, that's the thing. Those UI changes would take twenty minutes to program on macOS or any X11 based system. But Windows as an operating system is so fucked up beyond believe that they just can't make any substantial changes without breaking things they don't understand.
You can't even justify it by calling it legacy code from 2001-era Windows, because X11 has been around since 1987 and works beautifully.

only using W10 for the better small taskbar tbqh. Windows 7 decided that the start button should be a fucking beach ball that protrudes out onto my windows

that was introduced in Vista, not 7, and you can easily change that with explorer mods

Windows 10 is much better than 7, get over the change you old fucks.

This, updates are a meme

>he's unironically allocating part of his budget to the operating system
ridiculous

when will we get a rolling-release windows distribution

Attached: 1023.jpg?w=300&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=108fa3a4f86db8dbaacb4c574c692d2 (300x218, 12K)

Just build a win10 machine exclusively for games and use Linux for everything else.

when windows 10 was released

I'll be laughing when the eBay seller sells your activation key to someone else and you get locked out of your own computer

rip win7 u had a good run

Why can't we just get a good operating System that isn't based on Windows/Unix/Linux/BSD?

Is network performance still an awful pile of shit?

Omg, how can I live with it? I literally can't see my browser's window at all because of it.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (2560x1440, 1.3M)

Probably happened a few times, just run again windows loader. Also microsoft doesn't encourage it but still if they wanted to they'll make windows a lot harder to pirate, it's part of their policy.

uh it's called eComStation and it's the best thing since the Intel 8080

Don't

Nah man don't worry, it will be still alive by then

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x300, 8K)

I get random slowdowns every now and again. Doesn't matter how new the drivers are.

I haven't heard a more wrong statement in at least a whole year

I'm going to run Win7 as long as it works, and when I can't anymore probably switching to some Linux branch.

My plan at this point is pretty much to wait until win7 is actually EOLd and then just buy a damn Macbook Pro with an eGPU and only use Windows through a VM with eGPU passthrough
no point letting that shit touch my bios if it's just going to upload everything to the nsa

Install a GNU/Linux distro and leave the botnet behind.

Attached: rms_book.jpg (492x640, 73K)

As a professional programmer, it blows my mind how stupid Jow Forums sometimes...

When I was a kid, do you know what I actually told my friend? I said Windows ME is better than XP, even though I didn't know jack shit about XP, but I used and liked ME, I was used to the UI, I didn't want change, so I just decided that ME is better.

So I stayed with Windows ME, and suffered from bluescreens, until I upgraded to XP at some point, and felt ashamed for being so unbelievably retarded.

It's okay though, I learned a valuable lesson, and I grew up, became a developer, and know I actually see how software gets updated and how important it is.

Some people never grew up though.