Jow Forums humor thread?

Jow Forums humor thread?

Attached: Naivestallman.jpg (1543x1200, 621K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lwn.net/Articles/757715/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lwn.net/Articles/757715/

>Mariatta Wijaya gave a very personal talk that described the diversity problem while also providing some concrete action items that the project and individuals could take to help make Python more welcoming to minorities.
>Wijaya started out by saying that she had been asked to give this talk; it is not something she would necessarily choose on her own because the topic is a trigger for her. She said she would try to control her emotions but that the presentation might be uncomfortable for attendees.

>She had a list of facts about Python development that she saidshouldmake people uncomfortable. From February 2017 to April 2018, there were 848 contributors to Python on GitHub—of those, less than ten were women. That is not a percentage, but a raw number. It took a month after the switch to GitHub before a woman contributed.
>In the last 12 months of posts to the python-dev mailing list, there are less than five women actively participating.
> Of the 168 committers for Python, only two are women. Both of those women were added in 2017. "This is wrong", Wijaya said. The project should not accept this situation.

>She had some requests for the attendees as well. Please acknowledge that the lack of diversity is a real problem, she said. In addition, it is not her problem, it is a problem for everyone in the Python community. Those who cannot see the problem are actually part of the problem.
>Attendees should not expect her to solve the problem for them, or to repeatedly explain it. There are resources available to educate everyone about the problem. "Don't ever tell me you don't see a problem", she admonished.

>She listed some educational resources, including using Google ("really!") with keywords like "diversity in tech" or "open source diversity". She also suggested viewing the documentary CODE: Debugging the Gender Gap. In addition, follow women and people of color on Twitter, she said, as well as @betterallies. The project could also get professional advice. Two people that she knows who may be able to help are Sage Sharpand Ashe Dryden. Their jobs are to help organizations do better at diversity.
>She noted that Stinner had said people are shy, but she had a somewhat different take. Public spaces are not always seen as safe spaces for minorities. So, she suggested that Python developers be available privately.

> Don't expect minorities to post there and instead explicitly provide office hours or other ways for those folks to get their questions answered.
>Give minorities opportunities to contribute, she said; pay attention when they are creating pull requests and review them. Actively seek out minorities and invite them to participate.

>Her last piece of advice was to "be a minority". She suggested attending a PyLadiesevent alone to just listen.
>Stinner wondered if a new mailing list to discuss diversity topics would be useful; there was one earlier, but it closed down due to lack of traffic.
LMAO
>Heimes said that when developers are asked to speak at conferences they should ask if there is a code of conduct and diversity program.

Is this a cringe thread?

Now that you are in, yes.

Is this the new incel thread...?... *Starts sweating profusely* *sips profuse sweat*

One mans cringe is another mans laugh

>Attendees should not expect her to solve the problem for them, or to repeatedly explain it.
This sounds like open source development all right.

This is the worst you could find in all the dumb shit she said?

Attached: GreenIsMyPepper.jpg (592x1836, 120K)

based peper

>muh incel

Hi I'm 13 and I just started using GNU/Linux and I can tell you for a fact it's my favorite Operating System!!. Lik the one time the GPL said said it's free and Open Source !!!! i was agreeing so much I'am smarter then you're average fidget spinner teen at middle school to even though I have one. I may be young but I'm smarter then every Windows user on earth basically GNU/Linux is also really stable when they said like the kernel is monolithic I was so blown away as they must have big balls to put that in an Operating System so I told my friends on minecraft and they agree too. LOL once when my mom took me to McDonald's I asked for a journaling file system with a max partition size of 1 EiB and the dumb bitch didn't even get the reference XD One time in class i evan shouted "I LOVE RICHARD STALLMAN" and Mrs.Janice told me to go outside i fucking hate that cunt proprietary software is for dumb ppl just like what Richard Stallman said, i m too smart for such imbicells. But yeah I love GNU/Linux and I'm actually smart enough to use it to.

you're the only guy who says that word here. Fuck off, I've seen you on /gif/ too.

I USE ARCH BTW!!

Attached: 1534035188872.jpg (750x316, 58K)

i wonder if stallman is virgin

>incel
Why do cunts like you exist? Stop fucking up the english with horseshit. I embrace ebonics, but abhor SJW vernacular.

>Of the 168 committers for Python, only two are women. "This is wrong", Wijaya said.
What, women realizing that python is still an autistic mess is somehow wrong?

Attached: 1446978489471.jpg (910x823, 569K)

Is this a humor or cringe thread?

based (pepe)r poster

ask your libre mom

t. Incels

t. transtard

Attached: op_delivers(1).png (1908x4859, 2.82M)

Does anyone have the cartoon image of stallman next to that little lizard character, and the lizard character is looking at him suspiciously

Attached: DZT73ecX0AAorFL.jpg_large.jpg (1400x1195, 136K)

Post the aftermath

nvm found it

Attached: 4ch.png (910x646, 38K)

Cringe.

where are his fucking pants???

user where did you find this image?

kek

Seriously, which one of you did this.

I want to see that

rule34 search "richard_stallman"

>Those who cannot see the problem are actually part of the problem.
> the problem

no its your problem

Very unlikely. Before he let himself look like a fat hippie, he was actually very attractive.

He mentioned somewhere that he had lots of girlfriends and even named some version of software with one's name.

t.tumblr roastie

>tfw the link is still active

Why do you faggots post the same images every time? It's always the Green is my pepper, JSON fucksie wucksie, the ''shit i just got naked'' guy, and the arch linux comics about xorg breaking. Atleast OP was trying to be original.

Attached: brain.jpg (900x900, 48K)

>Atleast OP was trying to be original.
Lurk more faggot, it gets posted all the time.

Attached: developers.png (650x430, 85K)

Attached: normans.png (1276x586, 451K)

Attached: bsd pizza.jpg (768x1024, 41K)

Attached: virtuagirl.gif (232x344, 100K)

Attached: sequential read.png (445x472, 138K)

Attached: g gets told.png (1239x712, 170K)

Attached: compliance officer.png (1255x1403, 155K)

Attached: cloud computing.jpg (1589x1191, 283K)