Attached: cpu market.png (898x614, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cpubenchmark.net/market_share.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Core 2 Duo happened

the same things that's gonna happen to intel in 2019

intel did an architecture redesign and then proceeded to do illegal deals

Intel Core and x86 MacBooks.
Also, the 2007 AMD Phenom was a dud with crippling hardware bugs.

That was the worst fucking naming scheme

any other industry and it would flop

>The Core 2 brand was introduced on27 July 2006, comprising the Solo (single-core), Duo (dual-core), Quad (quad-core), and in 2007, the Extreme (dual- or quad-core CPUs for enthusiasts) subbrands. Intel Core 2 processors with vPro technology (designed for businesses) include the dual-core and quad-core branches.

a collision

The Netburst terror ended.

AMD kept updating the same shit processor over and over again, kinda like what intel is doing but AMD's was more shit and significantly less efficient. Thankfully Ryzen came.
Also, Intel can just buy their way into any market if they want and they have always been extremely hostile towards AMD.

Also, Apple. That was a really smart move. PowerPC Macs ran very hot like the PowerPC consoles that frequently died.

>Core2Solo

Attached: 1531998921333.jpg (720x702, 68K)

macbooks aren't that a big deal in whole picture. Intel gets only 1-2 billion revenue per year from aplel.

They're a big deal when every PC laptop maker is trying to copy them.

Years 2006-2017 we were stuck at 4 cores in normal consumer products. Nice lack of competition.

AMD is going to release Ryzen and destroy Intel? Wait a minute...

Intel made their CPUs perform better at the cost of spectre and other vulnerabilities which after being patched out properly would leave them with worse than pre-ryzen AMD performance. Nobody knew about this so they just kept buying the "better" processor.

Nice cope, pajeet.

This is a 100% generated graph, a fake, it's just not fucking possible that their sales are the exact mirror images of each other

>sales
>market share
I thought it was not fucking possible to be that retarded.

>it's just not fucking possible that their sales are the exact mirror images of each other
BECAUSE THEY'RE A DUOPOLY YOU FUCKING RETARD

Nice backdoors, schlomo

Apple dropped PPC for x86, retard

Intel chose to expose their customers to Meltdown

Attached: Intel-AMD-CPU-Market-Share_3.png (1800x850, 228K)

>thinking boxed cpu sales from a single retailer shows an accurate picture of total sales

That didn't happen in Q1, it happened mid-late 2006. The chart shows that shares changed right before the end of '06. I believe this is when Intel made their backroom kickback deals with the OEMS and such. This is when AMD was at the strongest I believe.

Conroe launched and ton of Intel-fags upgraded their P4 Northwood rigs.

The following year, Woodcrest launched (Dual socket version of Conroe [Socket 771] ) and it start to reclaim the marketshare in SMB/enterrprise markets.

Intel's customer-tier line-up didn't suffer that much during the dark days of Netburst. Pentium M held the mobile line while Intel's shenanigans forced OEMs to use vastly inferior Cedar Mill/Prescott.

Intel market share dominance is thanks to their control over OEMs and the laptop market, and AMDs lack care for the server and Ulta high end market that they only just started to focus on

AMD got dabbed on

Customer-tier quad-core chips didn't arrive until 2007 and didn't become affordable for the masses until the following year because Intel was afraid of Phenom I. (Intel sold their Q6600s at tight-ass margins). They got their healthy margins back with 45nm quad-core chips.

AMD went shit

> "Meltdown" was a design oversight going back to P6 a.k.a Pentium Pro that nobody paid attention to until some hardcore security geeks decided to probe for CPU architectural exploits much later.

Pentium M and Core were much easier to integrate into a compact laptop form factor, along with a Centrino Wi-Fi interface, just as laptop sales began to surpass desktop sales and Wi-Fi became ubiquitous.

>Intel is not solid colors and AMD everything else or the other way around
Who's the retard who made this graph

that's how statistics are made.
You take a large sample and you study it... and this is from _purchased_ cpus.
Otoh, submitted benchmarks are not representative of the market share in any way.
cpubenchmark.net/market_share.html

>Who's the retard who made this graph
charts are not for colour blind people.

That's the most unreadable chart I've ever seen.

Fuck you, I indeed have daltonism.

boxed retail cpus are like 1% of the market. OEM and laptops are 100% Intel

I am not here to discuss with numbers taken out of your ass,
nor I am here to give credibility to passmark's charts of submitted results.

>Unreadable chart
>Compiled by plebbit user ingebor
checks out

that's because it has to represent 35 values.
take your time and you'll see it's easy to read it.

I like the fact that the Ryzen 1600 alone sells more cpus than now than intel's whole 7000 series this summer.

AMD didn't hire jim keller for too long of a time span, so they died
that's why they rehired him, and then intel got him now.
It's literally a requirement to move forward. When he dies might as well kiss chip market goodbye

It is what happened, other than the backroom (((dealings))) with dell and other OEMs

delid

It was still pretty fast. Light compile for CoD worked much faster than for all the C2D owners for me.

Attached: HP Pavilion (14.04.2015).jpg (1318x500, 662K)

>What happened in 2006?
Intel modified their compilers that a lot of developers used to recognize when a AMD CPU is being used and purposely deny certain optimizations to AMD CPUs. This caused skewed benchmark tests in Intel's favor and tipped the balance in favor of them. This along with some other nasty things they did behind the scenes with OEMs.

AMD failed to deliver after K9.

Intel bribed OEM's so hard AMD literally couldn't give away chips even with better performance.

intel shills at it again...

Attached: shintel.png (801x733, 49K)

Nobody gives a shit mactoddler. Applel had zero impact on desktop/laptop computer components, they all use the same chips inside, and Applel has always been a meaningless

Still have both my Q6600 B3 and Q9300.
Sitting on an i7 2700K at 5GHz and with a 4690K at 4.5GHz as my secondary PC.

Last AMD CPU I had was the godly 3700+ San Diego.

Attached: 1292928271882.jpg (363x1082, 58K)

It's easy to have huge percentage gains when your stock was trash and at like $1.92 just a year ago.

You paid what you got, and could unlock cores if you got lucky.
Why hate on something that works?
Sure the IPC was shit trash like all AMD but hey.

Intel introduced c2d, while amd spent all their money(which was pretty limited since even with 5+ years of complete domination in performance they barely got any profits due to intel bribes) on ati which caused phenom to be pretty much garbage.

I thought I was looking at the 2016 election graph at first

I would, but I can't find the sales for all x86/AMD64 sales(as someone complained about the lack of laptop sales on the chart)
and see how many chips AMD sells vs Intel, including embedded, custom designs, consoles and ofc those new chips in China.

>if you use only our CPUs, we'll give you a discount that will save you more money than if you used any AMD CPUs, and would save you from having to design a new product line for their CPUs

Attached: 1532615313471.jpg (500x500, 39K)

Intel bribed OEMs while AMD was flopping about, product wise.

>being this autistic

Attached: 1533923016377_0.png (466x526, 298K)

you were born.

kek

why does that graph look so sexual?

The 8700K was truly a master stroke to compete against Ryzen. It still dominate consumer CPU sales. I expect the 9700K (maybe not the 9900K) to do the same at least until Zen 2.

Savage

how?

Literal bribery that got caught by the FTC later

Intel release Core 2 processors and AMD becomes a shit.

*throttles*

>intlel
>8 cores
>5GHz
So you want skylake-x 2 electric boogaloo?

Intel spent more on bribes to dell alone than AMD was able to spend on R&D.

Cope

Is this some stupid new reddit incel meme

idk, i am likely being retarded

Attached: Capture.jpg (111x155, 22K)

Nah, it is more like majority of 8700K buyers were Sandy Bridge-Ivy Bridge users itching for a six-core mainstream SKU from Intel since forever.

9900K will be lackluster in sales by comparison
because the SB/IB users have already upgraded.

intel paid every big pc prebuilt brand to use their shit

But the 8700K is stioll selling more than the 2600X and 2700X. I predict the same with the 8700K which will be the sweet spot for gamers. For me 3700X or whatever can't come soon enough. We need something that beats Intel in single threaded applications/games as well as multi-threaded.

>still
>9700K
fixed

>intel still has 80% market share

BS

everyone I know has ryzen

you're autistic user, I like you

Anecdotes are not data - despite everyone I know (who isn't an absolute under-bridge-dwelling poorfag) also having Ryzens - the aforementioned poorfags are still making do on with their Piledrivers (or APU respins).

almost looks like intel owns amd

>I know 4 other autists who bought a certain thing
>EVERYONE IN THE WORLD IS THE SAME

Do you know what a 'laptop' is you fucking retard?Or do you think every computer is a custom built PC? People on this board are so fucking out of touch with real life its unbelievable.

Its time to stop nofap, user.

every PC where I work has Intel CPU and I work for a huge corp

>Anecdotes are not data - despite everyone I know (who isn't an absolute under-bridge-dwelling poorfag) also having Intel i*s - the aforementioned poorfags are still making do on with their C2Ds or C2Qs.

I wonder which one is the bigger sample size
>some user's poorfag friends
>whole procter and gamble
hmm

Both are invalid and pointless, user. If you missed that, you're beyond help.

Intel started bribing computer manufacturers with billions of dollar to not make any AMD based products. Dell for example, got hubdreds of millions dollar per quarter as a "rebate" for not making amd product

they got a multi billion dollar fine for it (european union pressed charges for anti competetive illegal bribery)

intel cant bribe their way out of Zen2 though

mmhm, you might be right. the last time i had sex, the intel core 2 duo was high end system spec part.

Intel had been pulling OEM shenanigans for much longer. They have doing it since the 1990s and were really pushing for it during early 2000s when they were facing steep competition so AMD couldn't penetrate the mainstream/SMB market. It is how Pentium 4 Prescott-Cedar Mill were still selling like hotcakes despite being vastly inferior to K8 and Pentium 4 NW.

thi

They were doing this shit since the late 1980s to prevent x86 clones (AMD, Cyrix, Centaur) from taking over. It also why they marketed the "586" as the Pentium.

Phenom II had decent IPC. Could compete nicely with the late 9xxx Yorkfield series of Core2Quads and even first Lynnfield gen. of Core i. The arrival of Sandy Bridge was the end. When AMD finally released Bulldozer it was trash and sometimes evn slower than Thuban and Deneb.

lmao get a load of this guy