I've been in a coma for 2 years. How outdated is my GTX 1080+intel 6700k build? Did Ryzen kill intel?

I've been in a coma for 2 years. How outdated is my GTX 1080+intel 6700k build? Did Ryzen kill intel?

This thread is not a joke, I was just released from trauma clinic last week.

Attached: 1475130919799.jpg (564x400, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_of_the_United_States
youtube.com/watch?v=b89d1oip7WM
fortune.com/2017/12/17/bitcoin-record-high-short-of-20000/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why the fuck were you in a coma

personal plane crash shortly after takeoff with my cousin. he passed away, I was in a coma for 2 years, my fiance thankfully walked away with a few broken ribs.

Sorry about your cousin, and what happened to you. Your build is fine tho, it can power through everything you need

1080 is still fine
6700k is also fine but Ryzen is currently in the process of killing intel.

How many dicks did she take during your coma?

So, what did you dream during coma?

Your rig is still top-of-the-line. Literally nothing changed. Ryzen came out and it was good but it didn't obsolete the 6700k.
As for GPUs... the 1080 is still the most recent nvidia card range.

>Did Ryzen kill intel?
Sort of, Ryzen was good enough to compete and then Intel crashed their own plane.
Also Zen2 is designed to compete with what AMD thought was the very best Intel could possibly come up with, but Intel won't be releasing anything like that for a long time since their 10nm is fatally broken - it's slower and more power hungry than 14nm+ (still saves wafer space per die though)

Intel is actually in a really bad way - mostly from their own making.
AMD was actually competent enough to compete and is now winning by default.

walking with broken ribs is painful. Thats one tough broad you got there.

'bout tree fiddy.

I have almost no memories of it. They interviewed me immediately after waking for research because 2 year comas are uncommon.

I remember having what I guess you would call very normal dreams for one night of sleep, almost like I just remembered right before waking up. I dreamed about some weird suspended tiki bar where a guy I knew when I was a kid was hanging out and my fiance kept walking in and giving me bowls of fruit.

as far as I know none, but I wouldn't blame her for assuming I was dead. She's very excited to have me back and was the first person to the hospital, so I'll take that.

Thank you for your concerns and advice. I'm typing on it now but I've never even really used this computer. I had it less than a week.

thanks. RIP intel.

>This thread is not a joke, I was just released from trauma clinic last week.
Evidence or GTFO

Happy to hear your fiancé wasn't a bitch. Hope you live a good life user

i have no idea what kind of evidence you want me to provide. do you want me to post my mom's facebook wall on Jow Forums? post my personal release documents and my drivers license so you can confirm?

I didn't make it on the news or anything

Also, thanks to everyone who has answered me. Feeling better about my depreciated investment now.

How do you feel after essentially, a couple of years time travel?

Just to add to all these- Intel's competition to Ryzen was to go AMD 'moar coars' route - not even kidding.
so 4c/8t is now i3 territory.
i5 is 6c/6t
i7 is 6c/12t
There will be a new consumer i9 9900k that is 8c/8t (yes, i9 is a thing now, along with Xeon Bronze, Silver, Gold, & Platinum)

One thing Ryzen did really well was move the cost of 8c/16t from $1200 to $300

ur gpu is worth more than it was 2 years ago.
Welcome to current year.

Attached: fc35d709692f32cccdf420972282e31e7176a594a1ddfa311d63e818e325042d.jpg (876x719, 117K)

Shit, Im thinking of buying a PC with those kinds of specs....Either Im buying the wrong one or you got a seriously powerful rig early

Also your RAM is probably worth more too and maybe even your SSD.
For the RAM and GPU, even used.
For the SSD, you could probably sell it used at what you paid for it.

AMD shilling is rampant on here. Beware lies like >There will be a new consumer i9 9900k that is 8c/8t

It's more the case that over the past 2 years, prices have gone up for GPUs and RAM.

It was really disorienting the first few days. I've actually been awake 3 weeks, they kept me for two weeks.

They even made me do weird stuff like read newspapers/magazines including major news. They asked me stuff like, "who is the president?" which sparked me to realize I had no idea who won the election in America(I'm American).

That sent me down a whole rabbit hole of reading about Trump and other political news.

I admit I'm a little paranoid about not knowing things that are common knowledge. I feel outdated in a way, probably like old people feel.
I'm 26 and it's weird having no idea what people around my age care about right now.

Also Pokemon Go survived, and is on generation 3 now. My fiance used my account alongside hers for the two years and we're both at the max level with all kinds of crazy shit. That's a mind blower. I assumed that game would be dead by the end of 2016.

I lost 60 pounds of mostly muscle. I would say it was a wild ride, but I'm just really happy that nothing too gigantic changed. I was supposed to get married in November, 2016. She asked me if I would marry her in November, 2018. That was my top priority when it happened, so I'm glad that's back on track.

Maybe I should just sell it then. You're the first person in the thread who has mentioned price.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that the world went crazy and Donald Trump is actually president of the united states. Also the internet is worse than it was 2 years ago.

In case you haven't yet seen the page en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_of_the_United_States

>Also the internet is worse than it was 2 years ago.

elaborate please?

Imagine a world where the deranged ranting of Jow Forums is actually just the norm now

Oh....

Thanks for the heads up. I've had minor access to a smart phone for 3 weeks, but this is my first day turning on a computer and digging in deep for 2 years.

Eh.. this will be highly subjective. Apart from the election hype dying a bit, I don't see a major change. Jow Forums probably isn't the place to discuss this, if you don't want the thread to get nuked. Go to Jow Forums or something.

>tfw 1xxx series is still the current generation

Might have to rename you Fry. Basically everything costs more. Memory prices are fucked. GPU prices are fucked due to cryponiggers late 2017-early 2018. 2 year old GPU's are more expensive than when they were brand new. AMD is working towards 7nm later this year and into next so interesting times for that. They are releasing a 32 core, 64 threads CPU for under $2000 and Intel has no answer for it. Intel only compete in games and heavy single threaded workloads but still hold huge market share. Their stock price has been downgraded and AMD stocks hit $20 and can only go up really. Monitors still suck. Laptops still suck. SSD's are getting a bit cheaper but still a ripoff for what they are. AMD still can't compete with Nvidia on GPU's and probably never will.

Technology is actually slow moving except in AMD's Ryzen CPU line.

Hope you gave your broad a good fucking. Need to exercise that prostate after two years without jacking off.

Thanks for replying to my questions OP (derailing the thread a bit). Have a good day and hopefully, get everything sorted out as time goes on.

You missed a lot. October and November 2016 were really epic. Every one said that Trump has no chance to win, there were analysis literally few hours before elections which said that Trump has less than 2 % chance to win, but Jow Forums stayed strong. We gave Trump our energy and through meme magic pushed Trump to landslide victory. Many liberal tears were shed. Canadian immigration web site crashed due to influx of butthurt visitors.
Truly what a time to be alive.

I think 'that' webm is mandatory watching. The one that clips together increasingly nervous predictions of trump not winning along with a classical music buildup.

Keep politics on

stay in your confinement board please

>this thread
Never been in a coma for more than a few hours, but I know people who have for a month or even a bit more. They feel completely derailed for the first couple of days. You'll hear lots of funny nonsense from them.

>Never been in a coma for more than a few hours
Yeah, I've sleep too

GET OUT OF HERE YOU LOCH NESS MONSTER!

I think 2 years might have actually made me less weird. they kept me for so long afterward and forced me to study current events.

I didn't get released same-day wondering if anyone wanted to go to the baseball game that happened 3 weeks ago. Two years is a long time and the gravity of my distance from the time I remember hit me pretty quickly.

keked but coma and sleep aren't the same thing

Oh, and these "people" we call libtards now.

You missed cryptoniggers driving GPU prices through the roof and people making a dozen daily threads here complaining about it.

Maybe. But even for a couple of months, they still keep you for 7-10 days so you can recover and have a clue about what is going on around you.

har har

>She asked me if I would marry her in November, 2018.
you are a very lucky man. take good care of her and i wish you a happy long lasting life.

hitler lost the war btw

So what no one has mentioned is that if you had a few bitcoins when u went into hospital... You might be very rich now... Price boomed to $20k USD each at end of 2017... Now in the bear of bear markets, but its still worth $6k USD each! N.b. even dash is worth 100s of USD!

:(

Fucking spoilers

In other news, monopoly money are worth less than the piece of paper they are printed on.

No coiner
>cope

monopoly money as in USD i presume

Almost forgot. The original gnome filepicker bug 141154 was finally closed after 14 years.
And moved to gitlab where it remains open.

Attached: Screenshot_20180812_160012.png (1103x773, 77K)

Daddy gives me real money, not pretended "coins".

If only you didn't have to suck real dick for it

You're saying it as if it's such a bad thing.

L-l-lewd

It's actually a rule on Jow Forums, not that you newfaggots know Jow Forums actually has global rules.

sick of these bait threads

>libtards
>when I'm actually republican
kys Jow Forumsdittor, you are the cancer that has been killing this website.

youtube.com/watch?v=b89d1oip7WM

This is 100% LARP

Your build is fine, neither Intel nor NVIDIA has done anything significant since you got in your time machine.
Ryzen is good, but not a significant upgrade from your current system.
Oh, and if you care, two RISC-V SOCs have been released and one is in the testing phase.

So who wants to tell OP about Meltdown and Spectre?

It'll make him wannacry.

It was found out that intel had very serious vulnerabilities recently, and they knew about it. Patching all those out would result in a significantly inferior performance. AMD is affected by some of those vulnerabilities due to it also being x86.
Ryzen came, it basically killed any Intel CPU in it's price ranges.

no shit sherlock

TL;DR
GPU market is dead, CPU market came back from the dead. Trump is president and I'm still a lonely virgin.

>Waking up in 2018

Should've stayed in coma.

How is it catching up with everything that's happened?

How did you react to Donald Trump being president?

I just talked to my mom for a while and there is way too much to respond to here, but...

This I didn't expect honestly. I'm pretty shocked. I didn't like either choice and I was planning to just vote for a third party to say I voted. I thought he was pretty dumb leading up to the election but did not like Clinton either.

My first reaction was "and everything is ok for the most part?". I was told about some of the social issues but I just haven't had time to absorb the social climate yet.

My company where I still have a lot of friends and will hopefully be hired back when I'm cleared to work is struggling pretty bad due to his economic policies(the tariffs, apparently) so that sucks and has shaped my early impression of my new president

Sorry to hear about your cousin mate, glad to hear you're okay.

100% LARP.
Post the FAA registry number of the plane that went down so I can verify that it crashed sometime in 2016. Otherwise you're a larping faggot who needs to kys. I'll wait.

t. triggered Jow Forumsyp

t. dumb enough to believe OP's bullshit story

bane?

It wasn't my plane man. I had only been in an airplane 2 times before that. I'm sorry but I have no idea how to access what you're asking for here, two years later, at my mother's house in my pajamas.

You should be a skelly after not moving for 2 years. Post bones.

LARP confirmed.

Attached: interweblies.jpg (475x356, 67K)

>NEET loser website
>"personal plane"
Almost decent.

Attached: 1516066863558.jpg (677x502, 42K)

>being this gullible

lol @ that pic

do you have any bitcoin?

I think I've got like 5 or 6 in a wallet somewhere. Is it worth more now?

!

CRASHING THIS PLANE
WITH NO
SURVIVORS

Attached: 1523481166295.png (216x190, 66K)

windows is a joke now

Local News article about your Crash.

>do you want me to post my mom's facebook wall on Jow Forums?
quit being a larper, you can post screenshots with personal details blacked out

fortune.com/2017/12/17/bitcoin-record-high-short-of-20000/

Should've woken up sooner

No more than you.

>I didn't make it on the news or anything
>Local News article about your Crash.

The depreciated investment being, presumably, your choice in tech and not your fiancé

cringe and bluepilled

Intel still has a slight advantage when it comes to gaymen.

Uhhh
You should have bills, at least. Not that I care, that thread will come and go.