Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j988we7cNps
ascendacoustics.com/pages/products/speakers/cmt340m/cmt340mmeas.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Le Olde Thread

Attached: Adam F5.jpg (483x500, 20K)

stop shilling your fake ass comparison and delete this threat you fuck

add some HEDD and EVE please

Attached: 1673789-hedd-type-07-active-studio-monitors-pair.jpg (813x762, 131K)

Why do they put the knobs on the back? It's not convenient brah.

Attached: yarmarok_2016_HEV_020.jpg (1253x1270, 405K)

Lol, this neckbeard.

youtube.com/watch?v=j988we7cNps

Calm down, Pajeet. Modern plumbing is arriving soon.

Attached: thee heddeh typeh oohfyve.jpg (1920x1080, 309K)

theeeeeehhhh.... ehhhhh

and...ehhhhhhhhh....uuuu

woofer magnet is kinda small

Attached: Hedd-Tieftoener.jpg (800x533, 45K)

great video. with what data did you create the eq curves to simulate the speakers?

just use your ears man

I did, and it's obviously not a recording of the speakers, so I'm asking what were the base of the EQ parameters was

Actually I'm listening using these $5 Sonys fed from a low end Onkyo. Lol.
I should play it on the Dynaudios.
But I'd have to walk all the way across the house, and switch on 2000 more watts.
Ain't nobody got time for dat.

Attached: DSC_6523.jpg (1504x1000, 840K)

Attached: IS582819-01-01-BIG.jpg (700x700, 44K)

Hedd has a bit more bass. Looks like the same design school.

Attached: dual-adamhedd-0-840x345.png (840x345, 42K)

good source plain output
or
plain source good output

wat is "good"

Attached: 1532377755526.jpg (800x800, 245K)

adam is clearer

nah, that's ok

Attached: P1040281.jpg (1024x768, 131K)

new thread already?

Attached: 20180812_103131.jpg (2016x1512, 826K)

eeehhhhhh

hurrr

Attached: tumblr_nleuozEIDG1twh9q4o2_1280.jpg (1280x719, 306K)

>ribbon memes

not sure about home spekrs made by monitor manufacturers

pic related; i just took this photo of myself enjoying my headphones in my country house

Attached: klipsch-heritage-lifestyle-listening.jpg (1200x682, 81K)

Ribbons are good if not overdone.
If overdone, its ear rape in less than 15 minutes.

Hard to believe how older recordings don't sound much different (superstition) but new recordings show a noticeable difference.

thanks for reminding me to fill my cup of whiskey

u have a powerful wrist

Attached: Natlab-Kid-Baltan-021.jpg (1122x1259, 280K)

>Hard to believe
it's completely fake beginning to end, my dude

Probably the Adam were boosted heavily in the mids and a little bit in the high end.

qx guy here. open for questions

previously owned stuff

Bookshelf size:
JBL LSR 305, KEF LS50, Elac B6, Dynaudio Emit M20, Dali Zensor 1, Mission QX-2, Mackie CR4, Focal Alpha 50, iLoud Micro Monitor, Q Acoustics 3020i

Tower speakers: Jamo C97 and C95

Subwoofers: B&W ASW 608

Bluetooth speakers: Aiwa Exos 9, Dali Katch, Tribit XSound GO Vifa Reykjavik / Helsinki / Oslo / Copenhagen, Denon Envaya DSB200/250,
Harman Kardon Go+Play / Onyx Studio 4, JBL Xtreme / Charge 2+ / Flip 4, Minirig Subwoofer, Beoplay A1 / A2, Beolit 15, BenQ Trevolo, Tribit XSound Go,

Headphones: Sennheiser HD 25-II, V-Moda Crossfade LP2, KEF M400, Hifiman HE-400i, Philips Fidelio X2, AKG 712 Pro, Parrot Zik 2, Koss Porta Pro
bunch of chinese IEM's like Xiaomi, ATE and 1More in the 10-20€ category.

Previously owned amps/dacs

Denon PMA-1600NE AMP/DAC, Marantz AMP1 AMP/DAC, , Denon PMA520AE AMP, Sabaj A3 AMP/DAC, S.M.S.L AD18 AMP/DAC, Pro-Ject Dac Box, Douk Audio Xmos bluetooth headphone AMP/DAC

Attached: 20180812_102733.jpg (2016x1512, 946K)

get some horns instead

>in your opinion (pajeet)

Attached: dat horn sound.jpg (1024x729, 111K)

Make a comparision beetween the jbl and the mission regarding sound signatures. Also, the cr4 sounds like shit right?

Seems like a lot of lateral swaps. Why not go to the next tier up?

funny that's what my wife says
pic related; my wife taken just a minute ago

Attached: klipsch-r6i-black-lifestyle-1_635343803296490000.jpg (1200x1200, 402K)

kek
do you really think anyone falls for that?

Attached: 655.png (250x354, 8K)

She looks angry.

Attached: tfwnogf.jpg (800x800, 40K)

do they give you enough psychiatric care for the paranoia in Bombay?

Attached: 785267-adam-a7-studio-monitors.jpg (1024x680, 96K)

I really hope jbl pays you a lot
because I know adam doesn't

Dude, that's not real. Dude.
Cut it out.

Attached: Aussie-cupid-dating-site.jpg (500x266, 39K)

is jbl only giving you 0.05 rupees a post?
you could buy a toilet in 20 years!

Attached: he uses powered monitors that hiss.jpg (1200x902, 722K)

no, I only shill for harbeth

ok quick comparison between mission and jbl.

having the mission qx-2 in focus:
pros:
bold dynamic bass that rivals towerspeakers, extended relaxed highs, big natural soundstage, excellent price/performance. nice finish. i think even a qx-1 would suffice for my room easily to make the same impression.

cons: mids and upper mids lack detail

lsr305:
pros:
much better suited for nearfield by design, holographic sounding soundstage with lesser coloration. flat studio sound, not really positioning dependet compared to most bookshelf designs. excellent value for the experience you get.

cons: prone to hiss, high shelf cutoff at 12khz but this is not too noticable to be honest. cheaper active monitors tend to get faulty by intercircuitical design so that's a risk.

because this is depended on what deals i get from amazon to send the stuff back if i don't like it. last time i bought an audio product full price was kef ls50 and 5 years ago

And I only shill for the realtek alc880, the best DAC in existence.

Attached: Realtek_ALC880_on_ASUS_A6Ja_20100709.jpg (1024x768, 224K)

oh, sorry grampa

Attached: his prostate stopped working but his harbeths keep goin on and on.jpg (600x898, 139K)

I'm sure its good. But I don't think its the best in existence. The best in existence would give you a blowjob, for example.

Attached: bd793deaf65d5b8d38d435771a0f5854.jpg (736x736, 142K)

PS1, ALC880 or Schiit Multibit for the ultimate meme DA experience?

Goddam he's got nice shoes.

why are you shilling that old model instead of the latest?

because alc1220 is actually transparent

so how does it feel like to only have old mainboards as your only aoutput source in your existence

feels good man

Just finally swapper out my KRK sub the other day, completing my monitor upgrade. I picked up a pair of 1030A a couple weeks ago. Although they played well with the KRK sub, it just doesn't compare to how tight and smooth the 7070A is.

Can you believe these are both 12 inch?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 12.06.30 PM.png (1046x773, 1.19M)

that genelec folded port design is the bees knees

It's such a difference. I used the KRK Rp5 G3 and the 12S sub combo for years, but it felt like i was starting to outgrow them, and needed a better system to keep up with me. I'd still recommend the KRK stuff to anyone, i think it's an amazing product for it's price range and you can do pro work with them.

I also use the Yamaha NS10-MC with the Yamaha p2200 amp. I find it's a great combo

Why should I buy speakers made by old farts who can't hear above 8KHz?

Thoughts on Sonos? they always get pretty favourable reviews, and it would be quite neat to have speakers in the kitchen, living room and bedroom.

yeah, sometimes people forget about the bigger genelec stuff, because all the rave is about portability, the glm and the directivity of the newer coax ones.
but the large genelec stuff, the subs and the seemingly old main monitors are solid high end pro tech for the fraction of what the 'hip' stuff like atc and pmc costs, yet no one seems to care about them at the moment

I'm using a 3.5mm to L/R RCA Y splitter from radioshack as a stopgap to run my PC through my amp but the cable produces some type of humming interference if it's not positioned PERFECTLY. I've isolated it to that cable specifically. I'm wondering if getting a better version of this same type of Y cable would be likely to solve the issue or if I would need to get an RCA output of some sort for my PC? Maybe a USB DAC or something. Can anybody give me some advice?

>listening to speakers

>not wanting to feel the bass in your prostate

Well, and i also kinda like some of the older Genelec stuff. They have better amps than the new ones. I think it's like a 32 dollar chip in their 8050Bs. Plus, my 1030As can go up to 115db if needed, which way above their new 8000 series. I also appreciate the wooden cabinets.

so why would I need flat response over 8kHz for that

get rid of rca altogether. Get some cheap USB interface, even some cheap $100 two channel. And use proper, balanced cabled to feed your speakers/amps. They don't have to be expensive meme cables, but balanced is key.

answer the question stupid geezer

the new alu cabinets are great, super low reflection, leight, portable and that stuff is sure loud enough for nearfield, never had any problems with that.
but if you don't need all that for installation or home use ... two friends just finished building their studio and were about to compare a bunch of bigger midfields, and now they ended up restoring a pair of old 1024Cs for a laughable price and they're fantastic

why would I buy a violin from an old master craftsman in his 70ies when I can just buy a fresh new instrument from a chinese factory for 1/100 of the cost? he sure can't make up his hearing loss with his experience, skill, technique and material choice, can't he?

First for Klipsch

Attached: 2b2902a323d9bf8e4e265d08fdc9f8a2.jpg (1050x1540, 1.48M)

>comparing a violin with a speaker
One is an electronic device, the other is an instrument. Your experience skill and technique sure didn't help make a not-retarded argument.

it's a lot more of an acoustic device than an electronic one

It's a transducer. A violin is something else entirely, old man.

cool story

alzheimers?

eucalyptus fumes

I'm using an ancient 100 watt amp that I inherited from my father. I'd rather just keep my setup and replace the shitty cable with a more effective solution than buy a whole new setup. Especially because I'm a penniless degenerate NEET.

if it goes bad while moving then it's sure just a bad plug or cable
swap that shit

>tfw your prostate had to be destroyed by focused heavy-ion radiation

Attached: 72dd72b41c6b08336b911e1bb3d41733-.jpg (500x480, 27K)

I think the cable is poorly made because I swapped it in store for another one and had the same issue with the new (but identical) cable. Do you think just getting a different brand/style of cable would work?

also make sure it's none of the connectors the cable goes into on either side

naw, dude

That artwork is really cool, good job to the artist that drew it.

proper mixing studios

Attached: adam-audio-s6x-bernd-mazagg-vienna-symphonic-library-vsl-1-1200x800.jpg (1200x800, 201K)

have you tried the cable with other sources too? the connectors on integrated sound cards are usually terrible and become very loose after a while so you get things like low volume or one channel being quiet

I'm certain it's not the amp because other RCA input works fine and even fiddling with the dud cord connection to the amp doesn't produce the hum. It could be the 3.5 out on my PC but I'm doubtful because I've used the same setup on 2 other PCs and got the same hum. I think I'll try getting another y cable and if that doesn't pan I'll just return the new cable and try a 2 channel DAC.

Lovely setup. What chair and is it good?

What is the next step up in studio monitor after jbl lsr305 and is it worth the price difference.

But why

kh120
yes, but they're still very small speakers. prepare for another doubling of the budget if you want something full range

>$250 a pair vs $1450 a pair

Yeah, I'll stick with my lsr305's lmao.

yeah, lsrs are good enough to skip anything yamaha, a5x and whatnot in between and you'd have to go right up to neumann/genelec to get something as good as possible for the size

Ascend CMT-340

Thanks. Nice to know actually because I'd never pay that kind of money on a single product. I really like my 305's as they are :)

>ascendacoustics.com/pages/products/speakers/cmt340m/cmt340mmeas.html
would make a pretty bad monitoring speaker
much more suited for home cinema and such

I'm sure they're great they're too big for a desktop

What's your favorite speakers? Why did you change so many equipment?

Anyone have a solid way to minimize annoying my neighbors and roommates with my speakers/sub? I'll admit I really overdid it for my current living situation (student apartments) but I love my system too much to downgrade. I've got a few square feet of acoustic foam and bass traps and such, as well as foam risers. I've noticed an improvement in quality from that, but im moving into a new place with new people and I don't want to be a shit roommate.

You know everything you listen to is fake right? Good job falling for the marketing.

>thinking you're in to hi-fi
>not building your own shit to suit your taste
>not going to a real music hall

It's just synthetic synesthesia as a form of drug addiction for those in the middle class who lack real class. Truly pathetic.