The industrial revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race

The industrial revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

Attached: ted-kaczynski-2.jpg (900x750, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newscientist.com/article/dn24817-ancient-hunter-gatherers-had-rotten-teeth/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder that Ted wanted to be a girl.

I think it all really depends on how right scientists are about the effects and magnitude of global warming.

I will have my android waifu. If you're not with me then you're my enemy.

Attached: DHfpkAIVoAEmJL-.jpg (500x294, 17K)

>it's a disaster that humanity pulled itself out of the backwardness of the dark and middle ages

Enjoy having most of your kids die before the age of 10.
There's some horrible stuff in modern society, but 'base' human subsistence is unbearable as well.
I'm holding out for some new crazy technological revolution to shake things up.

Attached: Screenshot_20180624-164453.png (1080x2220, 894K)

Sounds like he'd fit right in on Jow Forums

Don't worry, we just need to kill off 98% of the world population as soon as automation really takes off, then it's smooth sailing.

Do you not?

>android
>waifu
Hmmm...

Attached: 34305203.jpg (640x480, 77K)

>he didnt understand the statement

We all do user

ted's ideology isnt centered around natural environment, but rather around human psychology

The problem is not tech, its the fear of change that the people in power has, the real power to fx get of oil, there is no technical reason keeping us back, but the powers that be has locked down the possibility of change, so we are gonna burn every drop of the stuff and drown when the ice melts, another way to view it is as the capitalist drive for profit, and locking down a market is the best way to do it, other ways are externalizing costs and the best place to do that is the future, so everybody in power wants to stay there making change bad in their view, well IMHO to get shit done, we need more change and faster.

or maybe humans just suck and we should just accept it and step aside for a better lifeform more closer to a better local maximum of intelligence than ourselves.

>there is no technical reason keeping us back, but the powers that be has locked down the possibility of change
>retards like this exist

this is why humanity is fucked. anti-intellectual fucktards who spout pure conspiratorial bullshit.

Scientists actually say there's basically no chance humans could accidentally force a runaway greenhouse effect. Vostok ice samples show that the Earth's carbon cycle has dealt with much worse than anything we can throw at it. Please don't conflate researchers, idiots with doctorates repeating what they were told in school, and actual scientists, people who do their own experiments.

Someone actually wrote this. Someone might even really think this. That just blows me away.

Man, your metaphysical values are fucked.

>Vostok ice samples show that the Earth's carbon cycle has dealt with much worse than anything we can throw at it.

sure it has. lets see this peer reviewed and published research.

Why would someone take a screenshot of this?

If you say something and end it with a period then that means it's true.

he is right, but its a retarded argument because its gonna destroy modern human civilization

crippled agriculture wont be able to feed all these bilions of africans

ITT: people who havent read his manifesto but for some reason believe its about natural environment

As awful as the present world is, basically everything was worse in the past.
>no hygiene
>no antiseptics
>no literacy
>no refrigeration
>little to no long-term food storage
>some inbred retard ruling by divine right
>lice and rats everywhere
>nothing to look forward to except an eternity in hell because you can't afford the indulgence

mean people mail letter bombs.
mean people suck.

Given asteroid mining I don't know how many people the earth can support.

Because obviously a murderous, misanthropic hermit will be an expert in human psychology.

>implying the formalization of a social order that's in harmony with the realities of human nature is "backwards"

Attached: IMG_0227.jpg (220x207, 18K)

>Found the oversocialized leftist

>"Things were so hard back then, oh my god! I don't know how I'd live without netflix!"
Fuck off

brains use a lot of energy.
without the industrial revolution, how could we grow enough food to feed our hungry brains and allow them to get bigger?

t. inbred retard king
how's it feel to know that a nigger with food stamps can enjoy a higher standard of living than you because of the sheer excess of luxury that industrialization has created?

hard times create strong men

>he doesn't want to be a girl
user what are you doing on Jow Forums then?

You forgot getting drafted into a war to die in some trench filled with chlorine gas, or getting fire bombed because you lived in the wrong city, or literally getting nuked.

>Reminder that Ted wanted to be a girl.
nigga I want sauce on this
otherwise its bullshit

Attached: 1515970535632.jpg (720x960, 43K)

[citation needed]

>traditionalist gets tooth ache
>i was just kidding guys haha. where's the anesthetics?

ITT: Retards who know nothing about primitive life. The first 100,000++ years of human existence were not constant suffering.

>he wants to go back to picking berries and running after animals with a spear

>implying the average tard today except for maybe a few thousand people worldwide wouldn't kill themselves if the internet goes down for longer than a week
>implying a post industrial society could ever go back to pre industrialism
>implying post industrialism is the worse choice to tribalism

Mother told me about you homosexuality preachers. Repent sinner, I will not look at strong muscular men plowing the field.

>[New York, NY: 6 May 98] THIS WEEK'S ISSUE OF Newsweek (11 May 98) reports that convicted unabomber Ted Kaczynski first had fantasies about murder after he was unable to summon the courage to talk to a University of Michigan psychiatrist about his desire for a sex-change operation. This comes from court-appointed Dr. Sally Johnson, who interviewed Kaczynski at the court's request to determine his mental capacity to stand trial. Kaczynski also related to Johnson dreams in which "some psychologist... would either be trying to convince me that I was 'sick' or would be trying to control my mind..." No further information was related about Kaczynski's feelings about his gender or whether he made further remarks about it. Dr. Johnson's 47-page report was submitted to the court in January.
Basically he desired to go full tranny but decided to back out at the last minute because he was scared of (((psychiatrists))). It's not weird to see a MKUltra victim developing mental illness yet he still managed to fight through it.

>Scientists actually say there's basically no chance humans could accidentally force a runaway greenhouse effect.

More scientists say the exact opposite with their own experiments to back it up.

Attached: 1527874544701.jpg (600x512, 26K)

>Enjoy having most of your kids die before the age of 10.
Enjoy having no kids at all after the kikes kill your gonads with xenoestrogens.

Most of these are problems that appeared as a result of urbanization and agriculture. Half the health problems we get today from poor teeth to diabetes weren't nearly as common in our hunter gatherer days as they are now because we weren't exposed to shit quality food like we are now.

Human nature is to adapt to a particular environment and evolve it in the direction that is most comfy. Would you rather follow the migrational pattern of brute animals or responsibly enjoy a cold one?

>Scientists have long thought that tooth decay only became common in humans about 10,000 years ago, when we began farming – and eating starchy crops that fed sugar-loving bacteria on our teeth. But Isabelle De Groote of the Natural History Museum in London, UK, and her colleagues have found widespread tooth decay in hunter-gatherers that lived several thousand years before the origin of agriculture.

>Her team analysed the remains of 52 adults who lived between 15,000 and 13,700 years ago, and who were buried together in a cave in Taforalt, Morocco. They found evidence of decay in more than half of the surviving teeth, a prevalence of dental disease comparable to that of modern, industrial societies with diets high in refined sugars. Only three skeletons at the site showed no signs of cavities.

newscientist.com/article/dn24817-ancient-hunter-gatherers-had-rotten-teeth/

Yeah you are right I would much rather die of some easily treatable disease while starving because my hunter-gather community didn't get enough for winter instead of simply brushing my teeth.

You only got the disease because of your shitty, unnatural living conditions.

>and drown when the ice melts,
you know how much the sea level would rise if all ice and snow in the world melted? Use a search engine or rack your brain a little before posting such obvious bullshit.

>he wants to go back to picking berries and running after wild animals

Civilicuck damage control ITT
>but muh diseases and plagues!
They'd be fairly contained if it wasn't for civilization. The black plague would never appear in Europe if it wasn't for civilizations trading with one another via the Silk Road. Smallpox would also never leave Egypt and syphilis straight up didn't exist before American continent was discovered.
>but muh rotten teeth!
Didn't exist before the invention of agriculture. Look at hunter gatherer nigger and pastoralist nigger tribes in Africa, their teeth are healthy despite not having access to civilized dental care.
>but muh dying cheeldren!
If you're white in 2018 you probably don't have any children to start with.

The only thing civilization gave you was obesity, heart disease, infertility, AIDS and the botnet.

Attached: e173488cad26afefbbb7c259aa5f9abc.jpg (236x366, 27K)

>he wants to go back to picking berries and running after wild animals

Yes I do civilicuck.

Just neck yourself. Remove yourself from the timeline immediately. If you want to go back to dying from the common cold be my guest go live in a shack 3000km away from any other human, but stop using modern technology to try to spread your bullshit.

One of the most prevalent (and difficult to address) problems of modern society is that we've inhibited evolution. If you fucked up in old times, you'd die, and your bloodline was gone. Now days, you have safety net upon safety net, and evolution is guided by the women more than the natural environment.
Shit's fucked.

Why are you using the internet then?

Any man should be able to live off the land.

okay

Attached: 23-thomas-pynchon.jpg (2200x3037, 1.29M)

All cultures have their pros and cons.

The ones that rely on hunting and gathering typically don't have obesity epidemics. Birth defects and ailments can be weeded out by natural selection instead of proprietary medicine. Yes, people will die because they have not evolved to overcome. The exact same can be said about modern medicine.

I'm sorry you can't tell how stupid you are. You may still be in high school, but you still have a lot to learn about the world.

The difference is that berry pickers are perpetually stuck in the cycle of berry picking whereas technological societies can actually advance to something better.

The human race has been a disaster for the human race.

You know water expands with temperature, right?

Berry pickers progress significantly slower, but they still progress. We have not been able to observe the limits of their progression because of intervention from others.

Yes, they progress to technological societies. Where do you think we came from? We are the result of uninhibited progression.

Modern medicine has become more of a life extension tool, regardless of the quality of life actually attained by the patient. Medicine may have kept you from losing many close friends, but how many people do you know have been kept alive by medicine as they continue to decline in health? Hell, obesity is a disease and some doctors don't even see it that way.
It's a tough spot to be in as a civilization, to have such control over our own kind.

We are the results of generations of abusing resources to progress as quickly as possible. If the effects of burning all of the planet's oil leads to significantly less landmass, then that will be a result of "uninhibited progression."

Actually we could get all our power from nuclear power plants by now, in the long run it would even be cheaper, but:

1) People (both politicians who decide and their electoral base) are afraid since there were some problems like Chernobyl, Fukushima, Three Mile Island (when it comes deaths/TWh nuclear energy is still better than every other source of energy, but this boogeyman is more scary, probably due to the accumulation of large number of deaths in single accidents)

2) Nuclear power plants are expensive to build, it's a big upfront investment and governments are more concerned with keeping people happy during their few years at the reins than with what happens down the line. On another hand, some countries couldn't afford the costs even without the political reasons, so it's the shitty case of poor people becoming even more poor because due to the squalor they are forced to use subpar solutions that over time are more expensive.

3) However you may scoff at it, the truth of the matter is that some industries do lobby governments, at times with considerable success.

Age isn't given not to mention small sample size from one area only.
Disease wouldn't happen as much because of more natural conditions.

Melting all the ice would raise global water levels by 76 meters, maybe it was meant as a dramatic shorthand for most human population centers being deep under water, yes the water will come slowly, fare slower then my life time, but does that not prove my point? why DON'T you care about the world you are passing on? maybe the media is supporting the power holders conservative grasp on the status quo.

Also there was never really true civilian nuclear power, civilian power plants where a offshoot of bomb production, but they don,t have to be, it just takes will to do it.

Thing is we're not allowed to. I actually own a large plot of land that includes forests yet I constantly get jewed even on my own property.
>government inspectors strolling through my property like they own it
>forestry regulation, either I tend to every tree and every squirrel on my own property and apply industrial insecticides and herbicides according to government regulation or pay a hefty fine or even have my shit confiscated by the regulating body
>require a building permit for every wooden shithouse I erect
>hunting regulations that regulate what animals I can hunt on my own property, in what amount and during what time of the year and even then require a separate permit to even be allowed to hunt, plus a gun permit (hunting with a spear like a caveman is verboten)
>if I have kids I have to put them through (((compulsory schooling))) or they get taken away from me

girl on the right is pretty cute

>take resources out of the ground
>put resources into the air
>Nah man, just part of Earth's natural cycles.
Republican logic.

>praise civilization because it half-assedly treats a bunch of problems created by civilization

Attached: 1533260824657.jpg (421x421, 62K)

>I'm holding out for some new crazy technological revolution to shake things up.
Retards like you are the reason this is such a huge problem.
>hurr... I'll just wait for the "experts" to fix everything for me

>traditionalist 1 hour into collecting wood for the winter
>haha it was just a larp guys. I want my gas powered heater back now...

Developed countries are pretty much the only ones that can use nuclear. It just so happens that developed countries don't need to increase their power generation that much, all the industries and consumer amenities are there already.
It's developing countries that have to double their capacity each year to accommodate for new industries and luxuries, but they can't afford nuclear and solar\wind is too unreliable so they go for old trusty and cheap coal. The Paris agreement was supposed to address that and fund cleaner energy in countries that can't addord it right now but apparently it was really easy to convince all Americans that global warming was a Chinese plot and the agreement was all about buying pajeet a new phone.

Now calculate how hot it would have to be to cover even half of the land.

Anti-nuclear lobby in Germany is funded by the coal industry. Retarded Krauts literally believe they're saving the environment by building coal energy plants.

> NK
> Iran
> China
> India
"developed", dont know what you are talking about

>I want to stick my cock inside a machine
Might as well fuck an exhaust pipe

>hunter gatherer days
lol enjoy your constant starvation and being hunted by wolves
meanwhile I'll be growing food wherever I like and shitposting with written language

Not that much since there's a ton of population and economic activity going on at sea level. Add continent sized volumes of water from ice caps and places like Florida with shitty and delicate geology and 50 cm is enough to cover most of the docks and cities in the world. They can just move, sure but if Europe is going nuts over a few million migrants, imagine hundred of millions

>people who've only read the manifesto and assume primitive life is running around eating berries
lmao

Stop using the internet right now. It's not primitive bro.

Resources exist to be consumed, and consumed they will be, if not by us, then some future generation.
>significantly less landmass
How much water do you think the Antarctic actually holds?

Daily reminder that between climate change, topsoil erosion, ocean acidification, wildlife population collapse, general pollution, political destabilization etc. your kids are going to be picking berries and running after animals with a spear, if they're alive at all.

make me

newsweek lol... this is sasquatch sighting tier

You're a big guy.

u

Newsweek only reported it. Just search Ted Kaczynski Sally Johnson transsexual and you'll find plenty of sources.

>there's a ton of population and economic activity going on at sea level.
This is true and even those projected maximum ~70 metres (which won't be reached) would be a hard blow.
>Not that much since there's a ton of population and economic activity going on at sea level.
This doesn't seem to follow my post. All people could leave on the land that will be submerged, still wouldn't change the fact that covering even half of the landmass isn't possible even if all water was 100C (water density at 100C is ~0.95 g/cm^3).

Anyway, the post up the comment chain is factually wrong (we won't drown, though we might die out due to other reasons).

you say this like any of these things are a bad thing.

>"Own" a plot of land according to some civilicuck agreement
>Can't personally defend it, live in fear of others entering the "property"
They won't respect you until you kill them.

100 years from now people will talk about how retarded we lived and how no one would willingly go back to that. yet many of us find reasons not just to live but to thrive and be happy everyday.
humans adapt to their environment.
you're doing the opposite of romanticizing the past, it's just as invalid.

That's kind of the point. Actual primitive life is impossible unless civilization itself collapses, so "just go inna woods brah" type of advice is nonsense in the modern day. Even in Ted's time he tried to live secluded in the middle of nowhere and the government built a road right through where he dwelled. It's not possible to escape.

t. communist

Without civilization I wouldn't be here. My body is weak and damaged, I could not survive in the wild and in a group of hunter gatherers I'd have the lowest social rank, or more likely would have been frozen out of the group at an early age. Thanks to civilization I have been given the oportunity to use my brain to solve problems and through that have built wealth for my self and in a small way improved civilization through my work. Thanks to civilization I enjoy good food, I have good comfortable shelter, and I'm able to enjoy the company of women. Neither of these things would have been availble to me without it. I'm a pretty cool guy desu and I deserve this pleasure just as much as chad with the biggest biceps derserve it in a hunter gather society.

>though we might die out due to other reasons
There's that. Global warming won't destroy Earth, or even the biosphere. Earth is old, and very difficult to destroy. It can still kill off a lot of humans, by destroying farmland, and it will absolutely wreck the economy.

many people in this thread are faggots
struggle to survive and endure when you know cause and effect in your environment is what makes life satisfying and worth living
the west has a serious problem with putting too much value in a single human life and the myth of the solitary genius