EU aims to abolish planned obsolescence

retaildetail.eu/en/news/elektronica/eu-aims-abolish-planned-obsolescence

Applefags are seething right now.

Attached: shutterstock_467948732.jpg (1000x667, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

economists-pick-research.hktdc.com/business-news/article/Regulatory-Alert-EU/Calls-Made-to-Reform-EU-s-Ecodesign-Rules-and-Oust-Planned-Obsolescence/baeu/en/1/1X000000/1X0AEET1.htm
express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/902239/Apple-iPhone-battery-fire-Zurich-Apple-Store
voiceofeurope.com/2017/12/iq-levels-in-scandinavia-are-falling-since-the-1990s-people-are-becoming-less-intelligent/
voiceofeurope.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>inb4 amerimuts go into full damage control

I think phones should come like PCs, with no OS installed on. The user should be free to install whatever they want on it. Sure, will make normies cry, but who cares?

Attached: 1463748185679.png (250x250, 18K)

Another retarded EU initiative like forcing those fucking GDPR/cookie popups on every website and also banning the production of memes

Why? Do you think if your phone breaks only the manufacturer should be able to repair it at exorbitant prices?

this article is over a year old
a cursory google search revealed more recent articles
economists-pick-research.hktdc.com/business-news/article/Regulatory-Alert-EU/Calls-Made-to-Reform-EU-s-Ecodesign-Rules-and-Oust-Planned-Obsolescence/baeu/en/1/1X000000/1X0AEET1.htm
and a 7 hour old reddit post featuring the same article you posted, OP. perhaps you should return from whence you came, or at the very least put some fucking thought into your postings

Whats so bad about more accessible parts and a longer warranty?

this must be bait/jealously, right?

>hey do you want us to rape your privacy?
yurop: "no, please don't sell my data to third parties"
amerifats: "OOHHH GAWD I NEED TO CLICK AN EXTRA BUTTON, TAKE MY PRIVACY AND WHORE IT OUT AS MUCH AS YOU WANT"

It's an American thing, they love being cucked for some reason.

>Devices should also be easier to repair: batteries and other components should be freely accessible for replacement, unless safety dictates otherwise
I can guarantee that manufacturers will continue to jew people out on easily replaceable batteries by using the (((safety))) clause, like using super strong glue/tape on the battery so you'd need to pry/bend the battery pack to get it out which could cause an explosion.

Eurofags are so retarded they need to be reminded about cookies and trackers on EVERY SINGLE FUCKING WEBSITE. Meanwhile smarter Americans block cookies, use noscript + ublock origin to evade the botnet.

the aplel batteries have pull tabs now to make it easier and safer to remove.

>perhaps you should return from whence you came
You should do that too if you know that it's a 7 hour old reddit post.

This is why the EU has no top tech companies. Too many regulation on every single aspect of a technology business. Labor costs, taxes, design restrictions, etc.

Attached: 7F7A7C03-ADDB-40A7-B83B-EFA4441AD992.jpg (596x717, 57K)

durable products = more expensive, will be outdated and replaced by the costumer before they start having problems
it's nonsense and why europe is irrelevant today and for the next century

>evade the botnet
user, I

That's already illegal in the US

express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/902239/Apple-iPhone-battery-fire-Zurich-Apple-Store
A fire caused by an overheating iPhone battery has seen an Apple Store evacuated in Switzerland.

Reports from the Zurich cantonal police suggest that an Apple repair shop employee suffered minor injuries to their hands in the incident.

Seven other people are thought to have been affected by smoke released from the device although no one had to be taken to hospital.

Why is EU so anticompetitive?

>and also banning the production of memes
God I wish

functionality cookies != advertising cookies
Typical small brain american.

>have to use 3 addons to block cookies, meanwhile every site you log into has free reign over your privacy
You sure showed them, user.
I'm surprised you managed to type that reply out considering as this is your first time on the internet.

>mfw Europoors love regulations but they're still behind compared to US consumer protection laws

Attached: 2fe.png (600x732, 544K)

>smarter americans
that's a thing?

Still, there is no reason for the hostile behaviour of using proprietary screws instead of the normal cross-headed ones. It's there just to prevent the user from doing the replacement by themselves with tools they already have at home.

>05/07/2017
They were too busy being flooded by migrants and fighting with their citizens over the fallout to pass this.

After reading the article, the regulation has little to do with planned obsolescence and a lot to do with explicit support. Electronic devices are sold with a limited life span by the mfg but they are never required to disclose the details.

Attached: 1412982717835.jpg (260x331, 14K)

voiceofeurope.com/2017/12/iq-levels-in-scandinavia-are-falling-since-the-1990s-people-are-becoming-less-intelligent/

we don;t need to grow them hear to make them our dogs. Enjoy being raped by your own family

>come like PCs, with no OS installed on
But 99% of all PCs do come with an OS installed (read: installs by default the first time you power on your machine)

05/07/2017
user you can only be so much retarded

aplele 7 and up have tabs, check ifixit, they are easy to remove.

fuck knows what iphone that was.

Here there is still an option to buy many laptops without OS. You save some money.

I know they are jews, just saying, batteries are easy to remove. more for their tech safety rather that DIYers

here, fucking autocorrect

>2020
>be European
>can't even afford an iPhone because you're paying 90% tax to fund Mohammed's benefits

I don't blame him, this place is worse than 9gag so no wonder people go where the original OPs are posted.

are they really a US company if they employ more Chinese than americans?

tbqh the tabs are weak as fuck and break easily so you're back to trying to pry out the battery

they can't do that in most of the cases, you can't prove it's programmed obsolescence. it's easy as fuck to justify.

>2020
>be burger
>can't even afford an iPhone without (((financing))) from Mr Shlomo Goldberg

>2020
>be free
>don't need to afford an iPhone

>voiceofeurope.com/

Attached: 1515010914712.jpg (162x138, 7K)

>waaaah, why won't the EU just let massive companies fuck me in the ass without my knowledge, waaaaah

Eventually the EU is going to tell companies to hand over control to the EU or be forced out of their market.

They are making slow but clear steps toward this goal.

A strong second-hand market increases competition which is always good for consumers.

That is impossible, lightbulb companies would go out of business if their product wasn't purposely meant to break.

>yuromutt thinks amerimutts care
>yuromutt thinks amrimutts are the owners of these companies
>yuromutt thinks these companies operate out of america

Talk about a poor education.

>this entire reply
Cope lmao

>he doesn't have all LED bulbs rated at 50k hours
LMAO at ur life man

>(((functionality))) cookies
Dumb yuropoor.

>EU fag is a phone poster
shocking.

>a cursory google search revealed [...] a 7 hour old reddit post featuring the same article you posted
and perhaps you should learn to read

Of those companies how many actually manufacture stuff in America though? Basically everything that doesn't require tight quality control is manufactured in Asia especially China, Taiwan, and Korea

Wow. I didn't expected that from faggots that banned reliable solder and shit.

Librem 5

It's actually quite fascinating. America is becoming similar to ancient India with genetically distinct castes.

>be european
>have control of most of the world
>somehow fuck up and lose Africa, Asia, The middle east, and America
>All of those regions now dwarf you in every regard
>sit there still pretending to be powerful by imposing regulations on big companies that get laughed off

What a sad life.

>It’s remarkable that Flynn does not talk about the effect that mass migration has on average IQ numbers. Statistics show that Europe admitted for decades a millions of people from undeveloped countries, with a much lower average IQ.
Wow, it's fucking nothing. An all white classroom will not be dumber than before. That's the only kind I've ever even had.
t. finland

Americuck here, can attest. It's the entire reason we imported blacks.

>turning on your lights
Idiots.

The Jews brought those blacks over. Wealthy blacks used to own white slaves too.

Jews are white.

Only blacks think that.

>make a thread about planned obsolescence
>people not talking about planned obsolescence
>people debate whether USA or Europe is better

How exactly are they planning on doing that?

Attached: 1532195981710.png (480x351, 149K)

It's because retards want EU to fail, so they can't even acknowledge that it does things that are objectively right.

Attached: 1530338344046.jpg (1920x1200, 227K)

>people
*merchants trying to derail the thread

The EU is the world's second largest economy.

We would need a standarized firmware/boot method like Bios/UEFI on x86.

>What is PHPSESSID

bobs and vagene NOW

Attached: bobs.jpg (680x680, 87K)

>Phones come installed with no OS
>Normies cry
>Company offers to install OS for convenience
>Suddenly makes a shit ton of money
No wonder half you brainded faggots are communists

You commie shitheads should be thanking us. Without Trump burning bridges you wouldn't be able to do all this shit.

>yuromutt
>mutt
Most European countries are 90+% pure nation-states.

Only blacks don't believe that the jew are white

>replying to an attention-seeker

This is something that should have happened 20 or more years ago

Why are politicians always so far behind?

I get what he's saying and agree though. Manufacturers should make it easier for 3rd party operating systems to be used.

Because "Nabiso presents:" (((The Free Market™))) bought the opinions of lawmakers.

The free market decided, it gets to pleasure itself softly to our anus holes.

Plenty do.

Just buy a Pixel.

> b-but stuff is actually manufactured in China
so what?

Even China is starting to export manufacturing to Africa since nobody in China wants to do this work anymore.

At some point "Middle class" becomes the new lower/working class on this planet and the cycle starts all over again.

What bridges that are being burned caused the EU to have a positive effect? Ever since Trump got elected he's been anti EU. He's been trying to raise prices and criticize everything the EU does. The recent 0% tariffs thing was a proposal from the Obama era.

>but who cares?
The entire industry, furfag

meh. I'm extremely distrustful of corporations, but I think getting rid "planned obsolescence" would be very difficult. Hardware currently becomes better and better at an extremely rapid pace; expecting manufacturers to not manufacture until there are no known improvements will mean there won't be improvements for years, and when they are released they won't be battletested with production use as they are today.

pollutionwise it can suck, as can it when it's literally just manufacturers giving you shit that could be better without even putting in any effort, but i think the better way around those things are to increase the financial power of countries with economies focused on industrial labor and mining so that the corporations that buy their products are forced to charge more for them, and to greatly increase corporate transparency laws so that people know when companies deliberately screw them over, not to issue an easily evadable ban on a business strategy

Having to perfect electronics so that they don't break down in 2 years means that there'll be less e-waste. Which is necessary to maintain the ability to create new electronics, especially since resources are running out.

>voiceofeurope
>iq levels

Obama would rather work with the EU and open free trade and borders between nations. Trump shitting on his plans could be the only catalyst for the EU to start regulating FAANG.

not an argument
stay mad and cucked, fatty.

compare EU tariffs against America vs. American tariffs against EU, retard

>eu wants to bring back to golden age of computers
b-but I though the eu was the bad guy! you lied to me Jow Forums!

>EU wants to abolish the foundation of modern capitalism

That's still android so not really what I'm talking about.

What's the debian or netbsd support like?

Can someone explain what the fuck is going on in the picture?

Holy shit fucking retarded, jealous, brainwashed amerifags. We know you cucks are mad because your government is fucking you in the ass while eu alphas live in prosperity. Enjoy your poorfag life, fattys

No. The EU wants to abolish the abusing of consumers by modern capitalism.

>eu
>bringing back the golden age of computers
Yes, under the EU we all get regulated to a singular tablet computer with different colors or band names with software completely relegated by the EU's central people's council on technology.

I think you're confusing planned obsolescence with legitimate obsolescence

>eu cucks thinking they're wealthy

Attached: Untitled.png (468x470, 45K)

Daily reminder that any time any country has been against anti-American interests has been dubbed communist, and has been dealt with swiftly key example all of Latin America, nazi germany,USSR.

get ready eurofags, the beast will awaken and tear you a new asshole the only question is when, and who will they use. Will they let russia tear you one by proxy? who knows

I think the guy is going to take off the broken display.

How did you come up with this? Because it sounds completely baseless and ignorant.