/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: 1533768860231.jpg (1000x1414, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

magnahifi.com/en/webshop/product/audio-gd-nfb-1amp-balanced-pre-headphone-amplifier
magnahifi.com/en/webshop/product/agd_nfb28-38
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I wish I were anime.

WILLIAM THE SON OF SCHIIT SHILL HAS BEEN CURSED

BUY SCHIIT

Attached: deruntermensch.jpg (613x595, 89K)

I-I'll try again...

>Budget
Max 500
>Location
EU
>Source
I have a Fiio E17K back at home that i won't be able to get for some months, so it'd be nice if i could drive them off my phone (or with bluetooth using a replacement bt cable). If they're amazing, unbeatable earphones but hard to drive, fuck it, I'll get another amp.
>Type of headphone
IEM
>Open or closed
Good isolation is important
>Comfort level
High
>Sound signature
Maybe slightly warm? I care about bass quality and quantity but dislike nigbass. I dislike harsh and overly analytical headphones. Don't want to get tired listening to music on public transport. Don't want anything that'll get muddy. Some soundstage would be nice.

user, Idol trash here. What's your setup like?

Attached: 1511139095620.png (936x526, 13K)

What's the issue with canpicker?
It seemed like a useful reference point the first time I saw it.

Because he just wants to make money off of you with his Amazon referral links

>how headphones behave and especially in treble range is not a taste
Still lacking a reliable source.

Rate

Attached: 20180812_193359.jpg (3264x1836, 1.58M)

make a HE5XX

I don't see anything bad with it. He did the guide, let him make money on it. Why not? He does not lie to you it it, you don't lose anything. Or do a better guide with your own refereal links.

other user

it's not up to me, it's just an affiliate link farm

It's against sitewide rules.

why?

Cute Ruby, is CUTE!

because your housing is dinged up

>Budget
$100
>Source
shanling m0
>Type of headphone
over ear
>Open or closed
closed with good isolation
>Comfort level
decent
>Sound signature
warm

Would I be able to get away with using the AKG 240s in public?

my housing is fine! replaced the shitty grills with less intrusive ones that don't induce ringing, veil the treble or obstruct the soundstage and the headband is nice an comfy!

The grill mod + the focus pads have taken these headphones so close to neutral, they're definetly still on the darker side but it really does feel like no information is veiled or over represented. The comfort pads + the headband cover (+stretching the headband like an ogre and doing neck exercises) have taken these headphones from borderline unusable to comfy enough to listen to for 16 hours/day

I love these cans so damn much

Attached: 1530452878834.jpg (780x825, 49K)

no

Idol grill best grill.

Attached: 1508181394887.png (933x750, 582K)

>being this much of a necklet
Lmao 600g audezes were comfortable for me on day one.

Are you charlie brown?

No I'm Big Lenny

It's against Jow Forums rules, if It didn't had refferal links and only contained the guide instead it would be fine.
With that said, i agree with you, the general should have an actual guide, only problem is that most Anons lack experience and are to busy shilling the two or three headphones they own and know and hating everything else.

>TFW OP isnt a footfag

Attached: happysuit.png (657x527, 24K)

god i wish that were me

Simple question Anons, is a Fiio e10k good enough to drive HD 6XX's?
If not what Dac/Amps would you recommend under £70 or so.

Want to try open headphones. Can't use my active noise cancellation here because the pulsing low frequencies from compressors and vehicles makes it too fatiguing. Live alone but like to have privacy from people walking down hall and right bookshelf speaker gets in the way so I move it aside when bf isn't in here.

>Budget
Whatever it costs for something at least as good as Sennheiser PXC-450 which I have currently.
>Location
Estados Unidos
>Source
$20 PCI Xonar
>Type of headphone
circumaural
>Open or closed
open
>Comfort level
Don't squash my ears too much. I use baggy washable covers now because pads kept getting cheesy, causing severe acne and sebaceous cysts, and disintegrating.
>Sound signature
eye dee kay. Bass with more than one bit of depth is nice.
>Past headphones
Sennheiser PXC-450,
Bose QC2 (was gift) Stopped using the latter when the poor construction finally caused a cup to snap off. At the most stressed point, all that held it on was less than a millimeter of plastic. The pad covering was a very thin film that peeled off if accidentally snagged on a fingernail once. Not fabric like on others.

Attached: 81r2u2oswdl._aa1500_.jpg (1000x762, 58K)

Have the same DAC, not happy with it. Not sure if it's the amp part that you're bypassing that makes it sound bad, but in any case I wouldn't pair it with those headphones.

HD600, eq in some bass if it's not enough. The clamp is a bit tight at first but it fades pretty quick with use.
Also consider the DT880 and AKG 712.

>bf
fag

Are these worth getting?

Attached: 6181245_rd.jpg (550x212, 28K)

I've been wanting to use multiple headphones regularly. Is there a good cheap switchbox?

for the same price, is there anything better that the sennheiser hd4.40bt?

For what is the Schiit EITR for?

Attached: 1455310099851.jpg (354x238, 17K)

Is Noble Audio overpriced for custom IEMs? I've never had a pair of customs but really want to go all-out for them if I do get them.

to make money on retards like the one from itt thread who bought yggdrasel

It's supposed to fix USB issues, but it didn't fix mine so I returned it. If it can't correct ground loops, I'm real skeptical of anything else it claims to do. I'm ordering an ifi iDefender, hopefully that gives better results.

woofwoof

Attached: IMG_20180716_242914270.jpg (4160x2340, 2.18M)

Yes

HD 4.40 has a warm tone and is solid at isolation, on top of being bluetooth.
Pro 82 and CB-1 are less portable but more comfortable, more v shaped sound though.

Doubt it.

Alright. Do you have any recommendations for bass-heavy customs comparable to the Dulce Bass?

jokes on you since mine literally has a schiit etir board inside it

Just saying, if there are any HE-500 (or any HE-500 like headphone) owners here, I really recommend you try out the grill mod, I'm really suprised at how much of a difference these have made to my headphones especially given that it's nowhere near as popular as jergpads are.

Just pop off the grills and examine how much difference they sound, that is what the grillmod essientially achieves. I almost can't concieve of how any headphone can sound better than this, the transparency is INSANE.

Attached: 1533490786010.png (923x713, 16K)

Aren't you the user that tried the Wyrd? Not the Eitr. Don't buy Schiit products regardless, though.

What pads to get for my m40x?
What cheap bluetooth adapter to get when I want to make them wireless?

Thinking of buying the Fostex TH-X00 Ebony from Massdrop.

Does anyone here have the TH-X00 and what do you think of them?

I want a enjoyable music can with good low end, I don't intend to use them for any type of monitoring or anything. What would be considered above this in sound quality and under $1000?

Attached: AEON_06.jpg (940x626, 100K)

What cheap amp/dac to get for my fidelio x2?
Sabaj DA2 any good?

Sheep skin pads, better isolation, comfort and durability than stock pads.

angled?

Most likely you would be happy with TH-X00, but if you’re willing to put a bit of extra in, LCD2 Classic is a better balanced, more spacious headphone that works better with more genres. Both have excellent low end, with TH-X00 having more quantity and LCD2C having supreme bass control and thus quality.

Both are acceptable comfortwise, LCD2C is heavy but has a good headband and soft huge ear cushions, Fostex is lighter but the earpads can be a bit too small if you have big earlobes.

tell me about the KZ ZS10

Kinda wish I bought the lcd-3 last night on ebay now they're gone fuck me

can someone recommend me a balanced headphone amp with low output impedance thats not a schiit jotunheim

I know this isn't what purists typically recommend but what bluetooth headphones should I look at for desktop use?

magnahifi.com/en/webshop/product/audio-gd-nfb-1amp-balanced-pre-headphone-amplifier

magnahifi.com/en/webshop/product/agd_nfb28-38

im not molesting headphones that i like the sound of, if i want something different i'd buy different headphones

Status CB-1 or any headphone with a 3.5 removable cable and a bluetooth receiver, will give you better sound and comfort than any bt headphone.
I've had good experience with the Mpow one, but the battery life isn't great.

forgot to mention i'm also not a fan of audiogds poorly designed products

What about a gigagbyte motherboard(x470+ryzen 2700x) with "USB DAC-UP"?
Do I need a Schiit EITR?

>easily reversiable mod that takes literally 5 minutes to do
>can be demoed before actually doing the mod just by popping the grills off
>molesting your headphones

alright it's your choice I guess.

Attached: 1505330965521.jpg (640x640, 135K)

No, same angle as the stock pads.

hd600 is the opposite of comfy fucking sennshills are so retarded

ER4XR or SE535?
Or any other alternative iems at this price point?

>source
Fiio x3iii (Fiio e12a amp)
>sound signature
balanced
>Past headphones
Ety HF5, LEAR Custom 3BA iem (which I lost so in need of replacement)

Attached: er4xr vs se535.png (1734x830, 1.02M)

If you truly want balanced then the er4xr or sr are your best bet by a long shot.

I think I was one of the first here with the he500, I'm glad some people finally decided to try them out. Went through many more headphones and none were better.
I simulated the grill mod by simply totally removing the rear grill and only noticed a slight improvement however jerg pad with the angling of the pads was incredible

I have the se 535 and while they’re amazing, they are SLIGHTLY mid forward. Not as much as I’ve seen some reviews claim but it’s there. If you have deep ear canals like me you’ll want to get a set of the p series comply tips because the stock tips lead to piercing horrible siblance.

SR for balanced. XR if you care about having extra bass more than balance.

I already have gud headphones, but would Samson SR850s sound as good as my B652 speakers?

Attached: 411ar09fsWL.jpg (500x375, 21K)

I doubt it desu fakm

fat head

Sennheiser clamp is dank

>Budget
£90
>Location
UK
>Source
PC
>Type of headphone
Over-Ear
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
Pretty high
>Sound signature
Bassy but will mostly use for gaming so not too bothered.
>Past headphone
Astro A40s(Sorry I was 12), Koss Porta Pro(love these), Takstar Pro80 ( Nice sound but hated it being closed, also not a fan of leather pads)

Balanced

Attached: IMG_0067.jpg (1917x1555, 293K)

meme

>"

Attached: IMG_0069.jpg (1909x1038, 199K)

Need new headband cussions, earpads and and an extension cord for my hd-25.
im poor.
Should I take my request to csg?

>Budget
$300CAD preferably a little less
>Location
Canada
>Source
Bluetooth or headphone jack, no amp
>Type of headphone
over ear, although on ear i'll consider
>Open or closed
noise cancelling is best, but I would consider both open and closed
>Comfort level
Uhh, comfort level is important
>Sound signature
not an audiophile, but i'd like good sound
>Past headphones
Love my MDR-V6, but would like something with bluetooth more portable. bonus points is if it can still be connected with a 3.5mm cable

what was that site that showed you headphones that Jow Forums recommended? canpicker or something like that? thanks in advance for any recommendations

I'd say HD579. PortaPros are solid though if you find them comfy. 579 may not be a big sound upgrade.
I'd skip the $100 range and go right to HD600.

Sennheiser HD 4.40 is the only Bluetooth set I've heard worth it, and they isolate well. I wouldn't want them as my only option though.
DT770 80 ohm would be good for home. As long as your source isn't shit you won't need an amp, and they're very comfortable.
Might be able to squeeze both into your budget.

>buy AKG K702
>breaks after a year
>no sound from left ear
>replace cable
>works for 4 months
>now right ear broken
>replacing cable didn't fix

what headphones would offer similar sound but not break so easily?

a soldering iron and screwdriver set

I fixed some EL-8 TI diaphragm delamination, I'm sure you can solder two wires together.

I just bought the jabra elite 65t - was this the best I could do sub-200 wireless headphones?

I did open it up but both earpieces seem to be intact and wires properly connected.

even when I disassembled and rebuilt the electronics outside the housing it didn't work, might be a broken speaker element

Should have waited for Grado GW100 wireless, desu.

”Z” for Zeos.

Attached: 4B3796E3-F830-4A7A-936F-BADD16BC71E1.jpg (1157x284, 84K)

>wireless
>open backs
Retarded desu

Attached: 1534085794651.jpg (1200x682, 81K)

>ywn have a setup as good as Zeos has
Why even live?

Attached: A65B62F0-1D4E-41D3-B608-F9BED7F70E73.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

Attached: amp.jpg (2000x1500, 834K)

Huh really? I mean, I agree that replacing the pads makes an incredible difference, but the grill mod has been really, really noticable for me as well, it almost feels like I have a new pair of headphones, all hint of veil is gone, the bass is slightly less fun, the soundstage width seems vastlly improved and even the depth seems more noticable (when combined with the already great imaging capabilities of the HE-500, this makes them incredibly immersive).

I think it's because I tried the jergpads out on day 1 of owning the HE-500, while I only tried the grill mod out after months of using them several hours everyday.

Attached: 1530827957856.png (612x634, 48K)

Why /hpg/ has such a hateboner for Grados?

Attached: B8CC3013-E837-498B-B281-CD1CD4C25FD7.jpg (1920x1280, 260K)

They're objectively bad headphones, user. Overpriced AF for what they're capable of, too.

because there's more to music than just The Beatles and The Rolling Stones, gramps.

Weren't these really fast before? What happened to /hpg/?

No

Too much memes, too little proper discussion.

Everyone realized that even Zeos is more informative than the us /hpg/fags.