/spg/ - Smartphone General

Phoneposting Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual phone size comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

previous thread

Attached: 1531332234873.png (800x398, 502K)

Other urls found in this thread:

geizhals.eu/sony-xperia-xz1-blue-a1681569.html#offerlist
google.com/shopping
motorola.com/us/products/moto-z-play-gen-2#buy
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX
geizhals.eu/sony-xperia-xz1-compact-pink-a1682696.html
issuetracker.google.com/issues/111907705
issuetracker.google.com/issues/112385921
amazon.com/Xiaomi-Mi-Mix-Unlocked-Warranty/dp/B075SBJ3T2
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So I was biking in pouring rain earlier today and my Nexus 5X in my pocket got a bit wet and has stopped booting up. Nothing happens when it doesn't have a charger connected to it, but when I plug a charger in it shows me the battery icon for a second before turning off and showing it again, and if I try booting it up it does the same with the Google logo. I can boot into bootloader without it turning off though, but when I select anything it just shuts off and gives me the battery icon again.

Any reason to try and fix it in some way or is it fucked?

Attached: 1464474501683.jpg (1024x1365, 376K)

This explains why the Xiaomi phones are so damn cheap.
They sell them just barely above cost, and they barely even profit from the hardware sale.

For sure they are gaining some mind share.
But it makes me wonder for how long they can keep up this "charity" project.

Attached: 1.jpg (1007x566, 162K)

Well it's definitely water damage.
If it's dead you might as well try to fix it and get a new phone if it's impossible.

Their idea is to sell phones for cheap to get their name out there so people buy their other more expensive products.

Any suggestion on what I could try to fix it? I'm assuming that some hardware got fucked and I don't really feel like making a project of buying parts and opening the phone up.

Attached: 1464471750417.jpg (480x640, 38K)

I mean it's already slowing down. All newer generation models cost more than they used to.

I think it's a promising business. I recently saw a documentary about how the Chinese sell incredibly cheap phones to the African university students.
Then include software that helps them setup retailing businesses, using Chinese sources as subcontractors for providing the goods.

It's pretty smart really.
By selling good things at low prices but not including accessories people might want they will most likely buy said accessories from you even if they're not as cheap compared to the original product.

Apple could learn a thing from that and lower accessory prices to keep selling their phones at high prices rather than overpricing both.

Speaking of selling prices at cost level.
If you are in EU, now is probably the best time to grab an Xperia XZ1 if you're interested in those.

Highend 10nm SoC, 10bit HDR screen at FHD, dual audio/front facing, 3,5mm jack, expandable SD slot, IP68 waterproof, 960FPS video capture.
I finally decided on it and just ordered mine.

Attached: 1.png (1557x761, 38K)

based
my xperia xz works great and the camera's fantastic.

Yup, and dat dedicated camera shutter button as well.

I'll probably stick to this one for at least 4 years or so.

Same here, shame about the non jack new Xperias and the curved look with the pozzed fingerprint sensor location. Hope they change it up in 3-4 years.

Attached: Screen_Shot_2018_04_16_at_3.14.33_AM.0.png.jpg (1200x800, 105K)

The claim they gonna limit profit margin to 5% on hardware and wanna earn money on digital shit like cloud and music.

It's plenty of time to change their minds.

Phone trends evolve all the time.

what store?

Looking at the LG v35, but I would have to switch to Project Fi from Sprint. Does anyone have experience with Project Fi? Please respond

Attached: 1500837809821.jpg (1725x1080, 561K)

Lots of stores from this price searchengine
geizhals.eu/sony-xperia-xz1-blue-a1681569.html#offerlist

Mostly German ones.
The one I ordered didn't ship to my country, so I shipped it to a German mailforwarder.
You can also use google.com/shopping

I have a dumb question. Looking to buy the redmi note 5 but I'm wondering if the other products are included in the higher tier packages.

I don't mind having a smart watch so I chose that bundle but I'm really interested in getting a screen protector and the case as well so I have something to put on day one because I know aliexpress shipping is retarded.

Is what you chose in the bundle exclusive to what's found in the box or is every other product before the selection included.

Attached: store.jpg (1525x845, 218K)

Decent deal for burgers, Moto Z2 Play is on sale for $299. Specs are pretty good for the price, you get:
>5.5" 1080p AMOLED display
>Snapdragon 626
>4GB RAM, 64GB storage
>Android 8.0 Oreo
>USB-C, NFC, Audio jack, FM radio
>3,000mah battery
>MotoMods support
>Works on all major US carriers

motorola.com/us/products/moto-z-play-gen-2#buy

So im between the oneplus 5t or the regular s8?

The only reason im leaning towards the s8 is the better screen and that I can buy in any walmart here lmao

The only reason I dont cheap out and buy the a2 is the lack of headphone jack and im iffy about another mid range processor (im coming from a moto g5plus and I want a noticeable improvement)

>RECOMMENDED CHINKPHONES
>pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

The list is getting outdated quickly guise, what's changes does July brought?

I'm on Fi, having switched from Simple Mobile. Your coverage should remain the same/be slightly better because it primarily uses T-Mobile. I'm using a Pixel 2 so the esim is really nice. The only thing I would worry about is whether or not you ever leave your house. If you don't, you're going to save a lot of money. If you stream music or video a lot, having to always be conscious about stream quality and data usage will be frustrating.

why do boomer normies do the index finger thing with their phones

I do it when my thumbs get dirty, I don't like it when my fingers stick to the screen instead of gliding over it.

I don't leave my house at all desu. Thanks lad

i 7 plus
or
essential

reminder to use these keyboard settings so you don't get called out for being a dirty phone poster

Attached: Screenshot_20180812-184906.png (1080x2160, 181K)

Mi A2 / A2 Lite

>letting gboard have internet access
why

The crazy good phones for their price in my opinion:

-Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
-Xiaomi Mi8 SE
-Xiaomi Mix2
-Sony Experia XZ1
-Sony Experia XZ1 Compact

I spent last week breaking my head back and forth over what to get, changed my mind several time, then came to this deicsion

I nearly forgot to mention this, but the Compact version of XZ1 is also going for an insanely good price:
geizhals.eu/sony-xperia-xz1-compact-pink-a1682696.html

I nearly bought this, but decided for the XZ1 instead.

Attached: 1.png (1557x761, 37K)

Redpillme on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (pro?, the one with double rear camera, 4gb ram, 64gb internal memory and 4000 ma batery)

Memer 5 is arriving today

Attached: 1390117412632.gif (257x199, 1024K)

Whats the best phone to get in £350 range?

Attached: wikiguh.jpg (200x300, 21K)

The prices have increased by roughly 20 dollars since last week.

I’m thinking about getting a Galaxy note 9.
I’m a road warrior, and I spend a lot of my time working from my phone.
I’m looking for something with 2 sim slots because I’m often in other countries, huge screen and huge battery.
I’m currently on an iPhone 8 Plus but it is starting to feel dated.
Is the note 9 the way to go?

Attached: image.jpg (470x313, 65K)

>an iPhone 8 Plus is starting to feel dated.
says u
i travel a lot to fucking mainland china and an iphone is a fucking must on that shithole

I have the Note 8 and it's an *amazing* phone. I still own 18 months on it otherwise I'd get the 9.

>I’m currently on an iPhone 8 Plus but it is starting to feel dated.
What

OnePlus 6. The 6 is what, an etmxtra 30$? But the OIS, water resistance, and snapdragon 845 make the difference. Both OnePlusses are better than the s8 atm.

I think the backlight of my screen died after getting wet. Other stuff still works, since my alarm on it woke me up this morning.

Is it worth trying to get it repaired? How fucked am I for buying a replacement since I'm currently on >Sprint?

What do You mean? It’s a status symbol?

Would you recommend the Zuk Z2 Pro?
>128gb storage
>6gb ram
>Snapdragon 820
>$300 on Banggood

Attached: 4183DG25UlL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 15K)

Opening my Note 5 now, HK-Ausin 4 days including the weekend damn these chinks are fast

Android phones from the west cant really even work there.
The great firewall fucks google services if you need them.

Sure, you can root it and degoogle yourself but try using a reliable FOSS map in there. You'll end up dead.
At least apple has some of its main worldwide services working there

The screen is tiny relative to the size of the phone. It feels old. Feels like I’ve been using the same phone for 5 years.

Would you recommend this or a Moto X4? I want to get rid of the garbage phone I have now and get something better but I can't quite afford an S8 or Z3 Play. I have to have something with Verizon compatibility.

Smart flip phone please. Northwest America, Verizon. Under eight hundred burgers. Ability to support free as in fuck off botnet *ware. Thank you.

Attached: 68138907_p0.png (1024x1024, 1.24M)

developer options > simulate color space > monochromacy

Somebody else enjoying it or am I weird?

I heard it saves battery. Or maybe that was some other feature.

I understand Your point. But I travel mostly to India, South America and around Europe. I don’t really have to go to China.

Both the o+5t and s8 are 10k mexican coconuts here. The o+6 is 14k

can the S8 get lineage? or at least no gapps?

Wanted to ask on /csg/ but I think here is more fitting since it's just about smartphones.

I'm an iphone se user, and while the little phone is still great, its size and battery life is annoying me more and more, so I want to buy one of those chink android phones with huge battery life like Oukitel or Doogge. Which brand is the best for this kind of phone?
I don't mind the thickness or weight of the phone. As long the battery life is great (5000mah or more) and has good specs (along with hopefully Nougat), it's fine in my book.

Attached: 1533389049604.png (300x300, 88K)

New Chinkphone or older flagship

What do y'all reckon the value of the OnePlus 6 will be a year from now? Do these phones generally retain value well? My biggest fear of getting Xiaomi or Huawei is there would be no demand for it when reselling.

Depends on where you live. If you're in the U.S. you're sort of forced into buying an older flagship for the cellular data support. Outside the U.S. chinkphones are good or Nokia. Lots of new chink phones are coming out soon tho so maybe wait on that?

If you're willing to sacrifice just a bit of battery the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 has a 4000mah battery and is pretty much one of the best at it's price desu.

No, spending $300 on that SD820 bullshit when you can get a mi mix 2 for $400 retarded.

Z2 was worth it when it was $180 like 2 years ago, now it's old.

Alright. How much SoT should I expect with that battery? 10h?

Yes, I am an Amerishart

More or less, I don't use it all that heavily but I do keep the screen on for extended periods of time and I never go below 40% battery by the end of the day.

I'll have it in mind the. Funny how I dropped huge phones because I couldn't use it with 1 hand, and now I'm going back

The RN5 does have an iPhone X like gesture navigation that is pretty handy for one handed use since you swipe from either side to go back instead of having to reach for the back button.

Did I say something wrong or speak out of turn?

Attached: 1401999690877.jpg (440x466, 34K)

So, how would a HTC 10 fare vs Chinkshit in its pricerange?

>Smart flip phone please
>Under eight hundred burgers
Are you serious

Yes. I was not aware they were more expensive than regular smart phones. I only included a price because the OP told me to. I'm sorry.

mi a2 or note 5?

in australia the mi a2 is cheaper than the 5 by 100$. any downsides? need feedback on whether to get the lite too

The A2 is generally better but has no headphone jack or SD card slot.

*crack*
*sip*
ahhh
The HTC 10
Now THAT was a flagship!

I think only Samsung has smart flip phones these days

You're sick in the head

Oneplus 6, note 8, note 9, or stick with my functional lg g6 and not be a consumerist?

Attached: galaxy-note9_performance_visual_l.jpg (1070x584, 77K)

Why would you need to buy a new phone if your old one is still functional? If it's just to satisfy your craving for a shiny new thing then you might as well get the shiniest newest thing

the power of android

>take my 11 y/o sister's s7 while she's sleeping so I can install a gba emulator on it, since she likes pokemon
>she gets fucking ADS in the home screen and elsewhere
>malwarebytes didn't detect it
what the actual fuck is this

when will googlel get proper quality control in their play store

I have a Samsung Galaxy A5 that I took to Samsung to repair, it was saying moisture detected in charging port and it was never touched by water at all, I don't live in a humid area. They wanted me to pay $266 to repair it out of my pocket and wouldn't budge on it so fuck Samsung, I would get an iPhone or something, but recently I was using my sisters and I remembered how much I hate them, iTunes is cancer. What's a semi decent phone that won't cost the bank guys?

Any advice on the newer android nokia phones, I'm thinking of buying the 6.1 seeing how cheap it is for it's specs.
I'm from Italy.

>What's a semi decent phone that won't cost the bank guys?
Redmi Note 5, Nokia 6.1 and Moto G6+

So the 6.1 is a viable option, anyone had any experience with it?

Android P broke quick charging on the Pixel XL, Google has stated that they will not fix it. Good thing that there's the Pixel 2 XL, which definitely won't have something break in Android Q!

Android P DP4 broke quick charging on the Pixel XL. Google asked for basic info then closed the bug as WONTFIX.
issuetracker.google.com/issues/112385921
It's still broken in the full release of Pie. Google has asked for basic info, so expect it to be closed as WONTFIX in a week or so.

Upgrade to Pixel 2 lol

The original Nokia 6 was kinda choppy sometimes because of the processor, but the 6.1 did fix it with a new processor so it's a good phone.

I was thinking about getting a nokia 6.1, but since it is around $270 USD, I thought it wouldnt be too big of a jump to up my budget to 400.

My current phone i am looking at is the Mi Mix 2.

amazon.com/Xiaomi-Mi-Mix-Unlocked-Warranty/dp/B075SBJ3T2

I live in California, all of the bands check out for AT&T.

I cannot decide if i should get it or not. I mainly use my phone for GPS, Music and Youtube.

Any advice is appreciated.

>Chinese
>cheap product

They are collecting your data which is infinitely more valuable than that phone they sold you. Also that graph is misleading to make it look like they get nothing due to the scale. They probably are in the millions and very well off. Just not uber rich like samsung and apple.

Requesting purchasing advice:

Carrier: Freedom Mobile
Features: Water resistant, good camera
Budget: Whatever
Size: Smaller than the Note 8

I think I want the Pixel 2 XL, but I don't know if the 4GB ram will be enough after my OP3.

Whos the boomer who told me the Redmi 5 would need 2 weeks to unlock? Mine works perfectly well straight out of the box. In Australia.

You're the boomer. By unlock, he must've meant the bootloader unlock. Now go back sipping your monsters.

It's to unlock the bootloader not the phone itself.

Talk me out of buying an iPhone X right now

Attached: 0B9D303F-263A-4D04-B982-E1BB93DC260A.jpg (750x578, 45K)

Thoughts on the Huawei Mate SE?

apple's gonna announce 3 new iPhones in October

I thought this was the technology board

Budget is 400-500 usd
What do I get?

Mix 2.
Chinkshit, really.

redmi note 5 on sale on gearbest
165€ for 3gb one
do i cop boys?

Thinking of upgrading to the Nokia 7 Plus, anyone know how good it is?

Attached: Nokia-7-Plus-6-0-Inch-6GB-64GB-Smartphone-Black-572100-.jpg (1000x1000, 109K)

>Jow Forums still ignoring the superior BlackBerry Key2
I know you were a faggot but this is an entire new chapter here.

Yeah my bad lmao. Well thats embarassing

Attached: jaguars-fan-confused-wtf.gif (236x224, 1.89M)

2hrs14mins in and at 76%. How's your power consumption?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-13-15-45-30-353_com.miui.securitycenter.png (1080x2160, 61K)