Xfce > KDE

xfce > KDE
prove me wrong

Attached: 1533556170342.jpg (600x522, 44K)

Kde is at least getting developed. Name the last major update to xfce that wasn't just a security update

don't need to update perfection

>right or wrong
>posts opinion
Ok

>gtk2
>no wayland

Budgie >>> all.

Updates exist for a reason. If it's a perfected UI, then they could do small bug patches.

>just got all the bugs fixed
>moving to qt
Nope. It's going to be broken again soon.

In Xfce how do I use a keyboard shortcut to change the opacity of a given window?

This.

Not that gnome is any better.

XFCE is actually about to get a pretty huge "update". The current release is based on gtk2. A gtk3 version has been in the works for some time and it's basically ready - that's my opinion, anyway. Of course.. you have to compile it yourself - for now. I don't think a release is that far away.

>>no wayland
no loss. what is it about wayland that's so special, anyway? I tried it some months ago with eeeew GNOME just to check it out. It kept crashing when I tried to configure multiple monitor (I have 3). Just didn't work.

Wrong.
Deepin trumps all. I'm still amazed how a gaggle of gooks beat out hundreds of freetards

We're still in a transation period, but most development from freedesktop shifted from X to wayland. Without development X's days are counted.
So give it a few years and you'll know how wrong you are when you think not supporting Wayland is not a loss.

>xfce > KDE
>prove me wrong

KDE > xfce
Q.E.D.

If Wayland is ready for prime time in five years, I'll be legitimately impressed.

I probably still won't move to it until it gets a standalone *box WM style compositor, since I'm sure as shit not interested in running full Gnome/KDE. I'd sooner learn and adjust to a tiling workflow and use sway.

I prefer KDE and QT. Haven't really used xfce, only on some old laptops but for my desktop I stick with KDE

Attached: desktop.png (2560x1080, 1.92M)

other than the fact the "no developers dur." shit is just a meme KDE has been a buggy mess for years and every update is hit or miss. I'm not saying it's entirely bad but it is admittedly horribly buggy. There are plenty of DEs and WMs with really slow development cycles, but to say Xfce isn't being developed is an egregious lie. Xfce has found its niche with what it Wants to be and it only really needs security updates considering they're working on a massive update anyway.

>qt
>wayland
>kate
KDE > every other DE

* >xfeces

fuck kde. lxqt is a much better DE

>lxqt
why do people shill alpha stage software?

because it's a hell of a lot more stable. you should ask yourself that question about that bloated messy desktop user

Its t.b.h. not whatever you posted

You're actually be the most retarded person in this thread. I'm impressed.

>You're actually be
Are you trying to take their place?

>You're actually be the most retarded person in this thread.
Nice going ESL shitter

Yeah I'm dumb too. I originally said "might be" then skimmed over the thread and saw it was definitely true, and didn't fully replace text properly.

Yeah, I figured that. I sometimes make the same kind of mistake.

based and redpilled

i want to nakadashi yui