Whoever told me about qutebrowser, thank you

whoever told me about qutebrowser, thank you

Attached: qutebrowser.png (1552x873, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ParticleCore/Iridium
github.com/ParticleCore/Iridium/commit/3f0085acbb99c9a75f626f21de8b0cf55ccb4315
github.com/brave/ad-block
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Does-uBlock-block-ads-or-just-hide-them?
wiki.qt.io/QtWebEngine
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You're welcome

why do i care about this browser again?

completely botnet free and vim like shortcuts, don't need to use the mouse at all yet losing no effectiveness

but does it supprot uBO and various other non-shit addons? based off chrome or what?

>addons

Attached: 1533313449433.jpg (750x892, 308K)

Apparently it's boomer to want to block ads?
> inb4 hur hur but how do they pay for it?
a browser that doesnt support plugins is garbage

Your welcome

You can code your own plugins you knee gear.

My welcome what?

>completely botnet freecompletely botnet free
Wrong

How, why?

>only boomers use uMatrix and CSS customizers
I was born in the wrong era

>Report submitted! This window will close in 3 seconds...

Thank Florian Bruhin

>people complain because it's written in python
>yet somehow it's faster and uses less ram than firefox

I find vim keybinds in a browser to be clunky and cumbersome. I prefer Falkon.

can i block ads?
can i watch netflix?
if you answered no to either, into the garbage it goes

yes to both (though the adblocker is only host-based)

Chrome based.
Don't worry user, it's impossible to write a botnet-free web browser which can access more than 1% of websites in the modern day and age. This is what you get for selling your soul and technology to mozzila and google.

>insanely shit ad blocker which can't even block youtube ads
>keyboard controls are much buggier than vimum
>tons of vulnerabilities
>plugins are written in python, so they can completely own your machine if they are malicious, plus nobody is fucked writing any in the first place for this shit browser

Firefox + uBlock Origin + Vimium is way better than this shit.

Me too user, just switched and came here to try if 4ch works without js. (didn't, so :set --pattern *.Jow Forums.org/* content.javascrip.enabled true)

>Chrome based.
QtWebEngine is a stripped down version of Chromium and doesn't phone home to google. Also, you can use it with QtWebKit instead.

>>insanely shit ad blocker which can't even block youtube ads
github.com/ParticleCore/Iridium can
>>keyboard controls are much buggier than vimum
How so?
>tons of vulnerabilities
You mean "two vulnerabilities in three years which were discovered by the author himself and fixed within a day or so", yeah?

worth a go again? why should I use qutebrowser

Attached: roanllbau3l01.jpg (460x345, 40K)

It's based on WebKit but also supports Blink, so it's chrome+safari.

>QtWebEngine is a stripped down version of Chromium and doesn't phone home to google. Also, you can use it with QtWebKit instead.
None of this matters when the engines themselves are vulnerable to a ton of anti-privacy/security exploits.

Attached: the_king_speaks.png (756x481, 101K)

>QtWebEngine is a stripped down version of Chromium and doesn't phone home to google.
The codebase of chromium is so enormous that I don't trust the pile of shit as far as I can throw it. Even if it's not botnet by definition then it's still bloat and I'd say botnet by origin.
And saying that you can use "QtWebKit" is like telling someone whose wife just died that they can always get another one. QtWebKit is not a replacement, it's buggy, it's bloat, it's insecure, it's all just garbage.
I don't use qutebrowser because I like it, I use it because it's literally the least sucky option available.
>github.com/ParticleCore/Iridium
How do you use this with qutebrowser? I can't seem to find any information about it.

I think Florian may drop QtWebKit support as it hasn't been updated in a while and is buggy. He does a good job of building something functional that doesn't look like a mid-2000s shitfest. Addon support as other items are lacking (actively being developed). Is there a better engine he should be using?

how does qutebrowser differ from falkon?

>Iridium
Never mind, worked it out, qutebrowser supports greasemonkey scripts. I'll try this when I get home.

They're both the same shit, but falkon is better.

Falkon is a general-purpose webbrowser (with a UI similar to e.g. Firefox/Chromium) - qutebrowser has vim-like keybindings and a more minimal UI. It's probably also more configurable/scriptable.

It states in the global rules that you can say that.
>Report submitted! This window will close in 3 seconds...

Nevermind. qutebrowser is written in python, falkon in c++

And that makes a difference because?

You know you can navigate in vim using the cursor keys and home, end keys and shit, right? Insert too.

Attached: 1517535413798.jpg (373x500, 57K)

I don't mind python when its used in right places, I myself even write most of my shit code in it, but when it comes to modern browsers with multithreading everywhere just say no to python. Case in point:
ps xH | grep falkon | wc -l

The rendering engine which does the heavy lifting is the same for both, and written in C++.

Fuck off with this unusable garbage, faggot.

no, thank _you_

>Iridium
can't even find it in the settings, that's gonna be a no for me

Attached: 2018-08-13 17:18:13.png (729x655, 113K)

you can use the mouse too. It's much better.

:set mouse=a

That's why I asked how it differed from falkon.

So you're not going to use it because you can't turn its crypto miner on?

not trusting anything that has a crypto miner in it

Why not? Seems fine to me as long as it's opt-in... Anyways, looks like it's been removed here: github.com/ParticleCore/Iridium/commit/3f0085acbb99c9a75f626f21de8b0cf55ccb4315

Why should I use qtbrowser over firefox with a vim keybinding plugin?

you fucking shouldn't. Shit is so inferior to Firefox + uBlock + Vimium.

I don't get why everyone here gets so hot over an element based ad blocker. They don't even block elements from being interpreted/rendered by the browser, they just hide them using CSS after the fact.

>They don't even block elements from being interpreted/rendered by the browser,
wouldn't the server be able to detect that and block your access?

because I don't want to see any fucking ads, especially on youtube.

This is why uBlock Origin is superior. Kinda retarded from Brave devs to opt for adblock+ instead.

Are you saying ubo doesn't do that? That it intercepts the request before the browser gets it, parsed it and edits it?

github.com/brave/ad-block looks like it's neither ABP nor uBO, but something custom.

uBO also hides them after the fact, see github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Does-uBlock-block-ads-or-just-hide-them?

For ads, I use a hosts file, but for the hundreds of elements I don't care about (categories, subscribe buttons, related videos, comments) I use an element hider to clean up websites I use frequently.

uBlock blocks domains just like your hosts file would, which means it ACTUALLY BLOCKS ads unlike ad"block"plus (adHIDEplus). But in addition to blocking ads uBlock also hides/removes the leftover blank spaces and other elements even before the site is loaded.

>That it intercepts the request before the browser gets it, parsed it and edits it?
No, it denies connection to domains in addition to removing visual elements or preventing them from loading.

Literally Vimium but worse

trying it out
how do I fix the shitty font rendering?

its a bug, no fix available. This browser is so shit.

>don't need to use the mouse at all yet losing no effectiveness
yeah you do retard

Please remember this:

Qt WebEngine uses code from the Chromium project. However, it is not containing all of Chrome/Chromium:
>Binary files are stripped out
>Auxiliary services that talk to Google platforms are stripped out
>The codebase is modularized to allow use of system libraries like OpenSSL
wiki.qt.io/QtWebEngine

>running X as root

Anyone who uses firefox is not in any positiion to speak, that's a total botnet browser.

You're actually retarded

Woah great argument buddy! Did you show your mom this thread yet?

Just checked falkon out. And I gotta say, out of the box, it feels snappier than qutebrowser on my x200. It is a real contender to make me switch from qute. The only thing that's stopping me is the total lack of extensions. The only one I really need is a vim-like keybinding extension.

Anybody know if there are any good extensions (especially vim-like) for falkon?

DELET DIS