People SO excited about 5G

>people SO excited about 5G
>so they can "watch 4k Netflix" or YouTube videos in small screens

Attached: 1534006482987.png (680x274, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tefficient.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/tefficient-industry-analysis-1-2018-mobile-data-usage-and-revenue-FY-2017-per-country-18-July-2018.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>superfast 5G
>2 GB monthly allowance

Attached: 1494640439148.jpg (400x386, 23K)

DATA CAP: 3GB
MONTHLY COST: 39€
MFW: >:[

Which eurocuck country is that?

Los Estados Unidos de America

>b-but 5G will give you CANCER!!!!!

Im kind of excited so I can tether off my phone when on shitty hotel internet at decent speeds

It drives me mad that there are already talks about 5G when there are parts of my country where I can't even get a good quality 3G signal...

Main advantage is going to delivering fixed broadband over the air.

Instead of having to install fiber to every house, now verizon can install fiber to every neighborhood and just use 5G modem/routers for customer connections.

Ping will suffer an extra ~5-10ms latency, but meh, small sacrifice to pay to reduce your cost to deliver service from ~$5,000 per customer to just a few hundred dollars.

what the fuck is a cap
t. Euro

>small sacrifice to pay to reduce your cost to deliver service from ~$5,000 per customer to just a few hundred dollars.
The funny thing is they will charge customers more money and just make 20x more profit

something you wear on your head.

Probably, but at least those customers now have service at all.

Before they had nothing even close to those speeds.

I am excited by anything that gives consumers power. Even if it just means I can download images faster, that is inherently better.

If they lifted the data caps, this would be awesome.

it's not worth for companies to set up base stations in rural areas where there are little to no clients, i suppose. this, however, defeats the purpose of a mobile phone, yes.

Drumpf promised me 1 trillion $ infrastructure package with 5G. Where is it?

they would just pocket the money and improve literally nothing, just like last time

An educational tool in America.
>Ima bust a cap in yo ass.

>Australians SO excited about 5G
>So dont have to have shitty internet from some shit cunt in Parliament

Attached: ay.png (225x225, 10K)

Israel.

If we have uncapped 5G with tethering, then that puts pressure on local ISPs to not be shit if they want to continue competing.

>€
>Estados Unidos

In the same place that the money for the fiber network

How much of the current data caps are due to the greed of the network operators vs. the limited bandwidth and spectrum that must be shared among devices? It seems that there would be considerable demand for service with more data, and any provider that could give you a plan with more data would get more customer. So there must be some limitation to how much data can be sent over the wireless networks.

I'm happy with 720p on a phone sized screen, but I'm more excited about fast downloads, especially when tethered.

Let's pick a random MVNO
>MetroPCS
>unlimited 4G, deprioritizes after 28 GB
>$50 a month
Why are you on a 2 GB grandma plan if you want more data?

They’ll probably move some old equipment to the rural areas since it’s already paid for itself.

Attached: 920375ED-A024-4779-AC42-DDCB1F533D17.jpg (800x1000, 87K)

DELETE

Attached: delete.jpg (700x700, 68K)

It’s tied up paying for boomers’ social programs.

>shitposting increases thousandfold on the internet once 5G comes around in Straya

YES PLEASE

I think they base their pricing on the most congested parts of their networks when they decide what to charge. Why should I pay as much as someone in the city?

>Why are you on a 2 GB grandma plan if you want more data?
This right here. Everybody bitching about the price of service in Burger World went to a large carrier without shopping around.

although from what I hear mobile service is way more expensive in Canuckistan

I don’t know why it’s so bad up there. I’ve heard canucks complaining for years. I remember when they blamed it on Harper, but Mr. Feels doesn’t seem to have changed anything.

It's hard to convince a bunch of corporations that have been charging huge prices since the beginning to suddenly charge what the ones down in Trumpistan have been charging.

>I remember when they blamed it on Harper

Because idiots always blamed everything on Harper, only to be shocked when they realized Weedman did nothing better and does a lot of other shit worse.

Imagine being this wrong

He isn't, you brainlett. They would roi in like 400 years off the like 9 lines at $480/year, assuming a 2mil cost.
Run fiber, build a tower, permits and planning, fcc, network infrastructure, the tower hardware, pulling in power.

iktf

Attached: CanadaMobile.png (1429x638, 65K)

>I remember when they blamed it on Harper

Harper installed the former CEO of Rogers as the head of the telecom regulatory board. He then proceeded to end every single active CRTC case against telecoms

>but Mr. Feels doesn’t seem to have changed anything.

Except he damn well did. He put in place a new minister for technology and telecommunications who ended mandatory data caps and stopped Bells system in Ontario that restricted wholesales to copper and not fiber lines.

Government can't change prices.

Both of you retards should learn what you're fucking talking about

lol is it still 2005 in canada

Yes it is. Canada has horrible internet for whatever reason.

yea, like fucking lower Manhattan

my phone tells me I have 4gLTE but it's so goddamn congested that it's basically 3g speeds

Why would I care about 5G if even true 4G specification are to be reached?

Harper was also the one who tried to open the telecom sector to foreign competition, and then backed down after the Telcos wrapped themselves in the flag and rallied all the idiot Canadians to save the oligopoly. They also planned to prioritize smaller companies in the spectrum sale, but again the Telcos used the foreign boogieman to get their way.

>Harper installed the former CEO of Rogers as the head of the telecom regulatory boad

You mean one of the two career bureaucrats who had never held a position outside the public service and were appointed as the permanent directors, both by Harper? Von Finckenstein and Blais were both such hard core public servants it wasn't even funny. Leonard Katz, the former Rogers executive, was an interim leader who served as a placeholder for Blais. He was just there to keep the place running and was in for what, a few months? A total lame duck. And he wasn't even appointed by Harper, the fucking CRTC itself appointed him.

Telling us that we ought to learn what we're talking about, how about you fucking educate yourself first you gigantic nigger. Holy fuck the Liberal reality distortion field is strong here.

so AT&T and Verizon will never do it until T- Mobile basically forces them to again

Damn senpai that's unfortunate.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 4.20.59 pm.png (2370x1216, 285K)

To be honest, that is a pretty terrible plan and you would be an idiot to go with it. These sorts of rip-offs are only present so the Telcos can make a little more selling to people who don't know any better. A little while ago, a bunch of the Telecoms suddenly did a limited-time promotion where they offered 10GB of data, unlimited calling, unlimited texting, etc. It was actually a decently competitive package, for once.

Just out of curiosity, are those Australian plans nation-wide, or only for a small, local provider? We have plans like that in Canada with smaller carriers but good luck getting your phone to work outside the major cities.

American here.
$50 a month for 16gb data with net10. In my area they use the at&t network.

isnt the range on 5G complete shit, like under 100m?

5G as in 5th generation mobile networks. Not 5 GHz consumer band.

>Estados Unidos
Nigga, we get Unlimited data at that price

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 3.39.41 AM.jpg (1138x394, 69K)

>$50 a month for 16gb data

Attached: 1400524629017.jpg (500x375, 36K)

Better spectrum usage.

>unlimited
You mean unlimited*

*you can't use it for everything

Attached: image.jpg (750x843, 216K)

with data caps, good luck watching couple of videos

Verizon "unlimited" is for suckers. IDK how the other carriers are exactly but T-Mobile and MetroPCS both have "unlimited" deals that include no restrictions on streaming video, full 4G speeds for mobile hotspot though there is a 10 GB cap for that, and your 4G isn't throttled but deprioritized after 28 GB in a month.

>normies stop using home broadband and exclusively use 5G
>operators stop offering anything that isnt 100% wireless
i guarantee this will happen soon

Attached: 1182916516077.jpg (720x480, 31K)

>T-Mobile and MetroPCS both have "unlimited" deals that include no restrictions on streaming video
why you lying?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 4.14.52 AM.jpg (1134x144, 28K)

Because I'm on T-Mobile and it's a kind of weird situation. When I signed up, the guy at the store directed me to check a box for "HD video pass" or whatever in the online "my account" thing. This "add-on" option costs an extra $0 a month and enables HD streaming.

Best I can figure, it used to be a paid extra, then they turned it into something you re-check for free every month to push everyone who isn't paying attention into 480p, and now they've made it check-once-and-forget.

Cellular requires a baseband to connect. Not secure, in fact all mobile devices are insecure.

This doesn't stop the normies. If it's competitively priced, we'll see a lot of people switch from normal broadband to either just phones and tablets directly on the 5G network, each with its own SIM, each adding to the plan cost; or a cellular wifi hotspot device.

I gotta give T-Mobile some credit for their ambition and competitiveness. Examples of this includes bringing back unlimited data plans, and even offering big discounts to military people which Verizon just now started to offer. Still better than Eurofags and Leafs

i get 10 times more data (4G) for a quarter of the price
they're just cashing in on the new meme

>£24 a month
>unlimited data
>unlimited texts
>200 minutes

Discounted from £34, and the unlimited everything is £40. Weirdly good deal, and I've locked in the price for a year.

desu i almost go with a unlimited data but i decided to give 30gb a month a shot bc it was cheap, so far a year in i haven't exceeded 24gb of use

>500mb LTE
>after that no data limit 3G
>no SMS or free minutes
>5€ per month
>no need for more because there's WiFi everywhere

>mfw
>€20 a month PAYG
>unlimited 4g data
>free same network calls and texts
>get to use the €20 as phone credit
>use the phone credit to call sex lines

Attached: comfyaf.jpg (670x424, 145K)

>Yanks

>You have to separately enable HD video for your data plan
What the fuck

I've been doing that with 4G without any issues, I'm even able to play online games on it

Go back wherever shit country you're

>So they can browse Jow Forums in 4k.
Kappa

With the range of 28Ghz+ 5G signal (testing has shown decent speeds up to ~1500 feet from the radio), it's simply not too suitable for rural deployments.

You'd still need your fiber connection within ~1000-1500 feet of the property, and that defeats the purpose.

5G will however be used in densely populated suburbs and city blocks that previously had no fiber infrastructure at all. Now AT&T or Verizon can come in, deploy 5G cell towers every 2-3 blocks, and boom, now you've got hundreds of new customers able to access 500mbps+ over the air with the only customer equipment needed being a 5G modem/router. Ping times will be worse than a direct fiber connection obviously, but should be better than 4G LTE pings due to the decreased distance the signal has to travel. LTE for example will be able to travel potentially 10-20Km. 5G looks like it will be able to only go ~0.5Km in range, maybe a full 1-2km with line of sight and no dense foliage or buildings.

>go on hipster carrier
>no service unless i like in jew york or elgay

>$40/mo
>unlimited data on chad Verizon
Sucks to not have friends who can join a family plan

I have 4 friends on my family plan, but they all joined at different times, so being able to move everyone over to another carrier would be a right pain in the ass. Or expensive as fuck paying off 2-3+ lines at once in full just to move to another carrier.

>what are incentives
Talk to the rep. they prob have some sort of buy out plan

Canadians telcos knows how to squeeze the monies

tefficient.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/tefficient-industry-analysis-1-2018-mobile-data-usage-and-revenue-FY-2017-per-country-18-July-2018.pdf

Attached: canagoy.png (982x654, 88K)

Most data plans are destroyed by googleads.g.doubleclick.net because carries dont like blacklist one url

Dunno, you should shutdown 1g,2g (used by police Walkie-talkie, ambulances) before of deploy 5g

Yeah and it still requires paying my other company up front, sure i'll get reimbursed after a few weeks/months from the new carrier, but it's not instant, and I would need to have the liquid funds on hand to do that, in the realm of ~$1500.

Kek. I've never considered that. I wonder how much of a % that shit works out to be.
>Canuck on a data cap, but I never get close to it.

>tfw unlimited 4G plan for just 20 bong bucks

Attached: awfk.gif (340x340, 148K)

>unlimited
Is one of those after 20GiB or so your speed drops to GPRS class 4 levels?

Tfw live in united third world states so even basic data is expensive as fuck

>muh high yearly income with so many zeroes!111
>it all goes back to the state

Attached: 1526807332060.gif (1000x1000, 1.47M)

I've used it as my main connection source for 6 months now, 200gb a month minimum. Never had any problem or gprs bullshit. Sometimes being virgin is good.

5G takes a different approach. Rather than 1 large cell tower serving a large area you have lots of smaller nodes in close proximity, say on top of buildings or street lamps effectively building a large mesh network. Since the APs are numerous there will be less drop outs, blind spots and penetration problems so the use of a higher frequency band is possible offering much higher speeds. It's only going to be useful and viable in large built up areas with lots of people. If you're remote then it won't benefit you at all and a large cell tower is still the best transmission method.

>200gb a month minimum
Oh, that's acceptable.

5G range is more like 0.5-2km depending on conditions

But yes, compared to the 10km range of LTE, it's pretty shit.

>never had and never will have mobile internet

Attached: 1527933641657.jpg (400x400, 38K)

>never left and never will leave the basement

Attached: meow.jpg (512x512, 37K)

Lmao, holy fuck USA is shit, no the whole NA continent is cucked by jews.
I suggest you move to Nordic countries. T. Unlimited for 12€/m

>wanting amplification devices every few blocks when people who live near cell towers get cancer at 2x the rate of the rest of the population

Attached: 1510026912606.jpg (971x565, 141K)

>not getting the 10gb for $60 plan

just like people who live under high tension lines

except they fucking don't and it was a horseshit claim backed up by nothing but compiling news articles

People are fucking dumb for even desire a 4k screen in a phone. They will get it it with supah thin 3050mAh battery and it will drain it oh so quickly. 1080p is absolutely sufficient

Yeah. It's weird, but you just set it once and it stays on. I think it's intended to bump people who don't notice any difference down to 480p for massive traffic reduction.

Why is Finland just so awesome