IRC:
>Join: irc://irc.rizon.net:6697
>#Jow Forumspunk
>#Jow Forumssec
>#nfo
>(All require SSL)
>IRC guide:
>github.com/mayfrost/guides/blob/master/IRC.md

Attached: 1530185867023.jpg (1920x1080, 552K)

Other urls found in this thread:

queercon.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=RgMHevuJGlU
youtube.com/watch?v=h48ozMZP70Y
youtube.com/watch?v=GIBQdsSvL34
youtube.com/watch?v=cEu4bUCiiLc
pastebin.com/NUSNuR7H
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

is dildo cyberpunk?

Is Dido cyberpunk?

Is Dio cyberpunk?

Is this a JoJo reference?

good thread so far

Yup, RIP /cyb/.

/cyb/ question
Is VR ever going to become mainstream, and if so, do you foresee it having any practical use outside of gaming?

It seems like a hell of a lot of effort for enhanced telepresence. I have heard of it possible being useful for employee training in industrial fields but, again, making your own in-house vr app to train employees is probably more effort than it's worth. Opinions?

Hey, I'm trying my best to bump here.

cyberpunk has nothing to do with cybersecurity

1. This thread is dying even with the merge, imagine what it would be like if they were separate threads
2. The "cyberpunk has nothing to do with cybersecurity" posts provide additional bumps

Also,
"/cyb/ + /sec/" sounds dope af

Did everyone in this thread already know Black Hat is shit and DEF CON is pretty ok?

anyone know any (semi) permanent physical computer markets/swap meets around the world? MIT Flea in boston is one I'm thinking of

How is Coursera when it comes to learning about cybersecurity? I'm starting a session tomorrow just to find out if it's something I'd be interested in since I'm more into programming myself. Is it a good career to get into and for people who actually are in the field, do you enjoy doing it?

Speaking of DEF CON, someone explain this shit to me:
queercon.org/
Homosexuality has nothing to do with Cyber security.

Homosexuality has a lot to do with cyberpunk, though.

Yeah and the number of gross trannies walking round was disturbing. Was it always like this?

How exactly?

Should I be fluent in certain programming languages, or is having a general understanding of programming good enough?

The latter but of you are in this thread you will most likely want to learn Python, C, and a bit Assembly.

Work sends me to the retail association show every year. The last two have had 3 or 4 vendors selling software for vives that let you build a training environment without having to do it from scratch.

Having tried some I can say it's dumb. Maybe for something highly specialized but you're not going to train cashiers with it.

Attached: 4L_czVGsfSn.jpg (800x484, 56K)

I must admit, I was expecting..more from DEF CON after realizing that BH is shit. I was utterly disappointed. It was a ton of LARPing for relatively little hacking. Much like this thread.

How many times are you going to make this post?

it was my first time to both and this is exactly the impression i got

So what have you been working on lately?

I fucking love these threads, specifically that pasta. Although I don't typically spend a huge amount of time posting because THAT PASTA

i have a new machine though so I'm going to just download all of it

did these threads used to be popular? why was I browsing /b/ 24/7 when I should've been here. How do I get back from all that missed potential? Where did they go? Who will give me recommendations to get into 0day?

So I've been plowing through bandit. I built my own arch machine from scratch (ie no BS helpers) and I did 26 levels of bandit in a few hours cause so far it's fucking basic. However, I've had a mild amount of trouble with this particular level. Should I be concerned and abandon my entire dream future in cybersecurity? Should I kill myself?

no, stop being a baby
just keep goin'

Attached: e34ee1959d0e180dd50387bfff2974ce.jpg (736x965, 130K)

I feel the same about the Chaos Communication Congress in Germany. Last years' just left a bad taste. I mean - I enjoyed the atmosphere but that's about it.
Another thing is peer review. At least for the C3 it's non existant which leads to many talks that are just plain wrong and probably even dangerout.
Prime example - running OONI probe in countries whith an oppressive regime in place. As a citizen probably fastest way to get yourself on a list at best. As a tourist, you've got nothing to fear - the ramifications won't come back to you but hit your host/the local provider/.. instead.
Using SDR to detect bugging devices? A bad joke if you've ever done anything with SDR before.

>browsing /b/ 24/7
>browsing /b/ at all
mfw

Just check the archives.

Attached: 1508220594864.jpg (418x359, 19K)

cyberpunk has NOTHING to do with cybersecurity though
I don't want to fucking hang out with lainchan freedom fighters just so I can learn skills for a resume

Attached: snapthisonesgoinginmyNOTABUGcompilation.jpg (2048x1617, 419K)

>I don't want to fucking hang out with lainchan freedom fighters
nobody's forcing you to :^)

Only if it is vat grown and operated through cyberspace.

They still are popular, we just have a problem around midnight to 0600 CET since interest varies a lot with time zones.

Also this is probably the comfiest thread on Jow Forums, possibly only rivalled by

Anons, how do people hack facebook nowadays? I barely use it but I just found a notification that my password has been changed, the language changed to Chinese, and someone has logged in and tried to create Facebook ads using my account, also created some fake page with a picture of a chinese woman
The weird thing is my password is unique and not used anywhere else. All my passwords are generated via a script with three random words and three characters, e.g. "protectexchangedolphinF9*"
I'm kind of paranoid now since I don't see how they could have got that password unless they have actual access to my machine

They fish you or log your machine with malware. It's not that hard to get a simple undetected keylogger going.
Also, optimally you shouldn't use dictionary passwords like that.

Attached: Dj12FThUUAAabUU.jpg (1200x900, 228K)

>It's not that hard to get a simple undetected keylogger going.
even on Linux?
and as far as I see nothing else has been accessed. I haven't had any gmail notifications and $1000 of bitcoin is still on my machine

Everybody knows Black Hat is a joke. They even had a high NSA representative give a speech at the last conference. I thought that was hilarious. It's the equivalent of an agricultural conference inviting a fox to give a speech about guarding the chicken coop.

Check also your phone for malware. Side installed apps? Might be a problem.

What do you think about the Cyberpunk game being PS4 exclusive?

forming an opinion usually involves listening and trying to understand more than one side. Otherwise you'll have a deluded, raging twitter mob that goes
> PATRIARCHY REEEEEEEEEEEE
etc

The meme of Linux and UNIX systems are mostly "immune" to malware are mostly because of the way the kernels structure the permissions and mostly have official repos. In truth, it's just as vulnerable as anything else.
This. You maybe could have also logged into your account through a compromised public network.
If you ever used your friends' devices, there's a chance too that you could have gotten snooped.

Attached: DgQxaYOU0AAB1jO.jpg (900x1200, 144K)

That's the thing retard, governments, in relation to their citizens, don't have opinions, they have misinformation

Black Hat is a technical conference about hacking. Three letter agencies do a lot of hacking. Not every infosec related conference is about fighting the man.

>even on Linux?
Yes. In addition to you have the problem of root kits and infected hardware that are OS agnostic. Snowden revealed that even routers are intercepted in transit and loaded with malware. Nearly every peripheral you have contains at least one microcontroller, a hard disk can easily contain 3. All of these can be compromised.

Any y’all playin HTB?

You can't do infosec without being against government. The two are mutually exclusive

How about you delete your post and try again, you fucking moron

don't you think discarding another stand point solely on the fact that it doesn't comply with your on counts as delusional?
And no, that doesn't mean I approve whe workings of certain three-letter agencies

What's the most /cyb/ music genre? Obviously it would be mostly synth-based

goth/coldwave

Attached: cover.jpg (1024x1024, 144K)

Synthfolk

from my personal experience so far, you'll need to have at least the basics up to O notation, although algorithmic complexity and performance will almost be useless to you. Everything else you learn in a 101 or 201 class in CS will be of use, i.e: difference between recursion/iteration, flow control, abstraction, mem management, etc.

I doubt they have your password, but its always a good idea to never reuse passwords.

As to how they may have gotten into your account, I would assume broken Access Controls or lateral escalation.

Facebook and react are cancer, Im sure if you search hard enough on the darkwebz there are some 0days for facecrook.

>I doubt they have your password
Yeah, I just had the obvious realisation that if they reset my password then they probably did not have my password, or they could have logged in without resetting it. Which makes me happier.

Industrial

Attached: 801f0258c07b96ff088fc59bcee726c1fb6789aa.jpg (1000x667, 121K)

For me real dubstep. The mellow grooves, atmosphere, and repetition really keeps me focused.
youtube.com/watch?v=RgMHevuJGlU

Industrial is probably the best answer.
youtube.com/watch?v=h48ozMZP70Y

>What do you think about the Cyberpunk game being PS4 exclusive?
I think I’ll never get to fucking play it which is a shame, because I am not buying a console for one fucking game

If you don’t even know if you like doing it or not why the fuck are you asking about careers in it?

>Should I be concerned
If you’ve spent 26 levels on bash it’s not a surprise you’ll try more bash. The ZSH was a shock. I wouldn’t be concerned at all.

hoooboy do i have bad news for you pal..

Attached: IMG_20180813_084936.jpg (2448x3264, 1.31M)

#resist #disobey and all that

Attached: IMG_20180813_085108.jpg (2448x3264, 1.7M)

What? Source?

Attached: 1415899000.jpg (1920x1224, 408K)

which one? They had some decent courses a couple years ago.

>>That is to provide a democratic veneer to what in reality is state ownership of business and production means which is getting close to communism
>Privatization is happening more and more so you are wrong
A lot of privatisation around here are done with the state owning 51 or 31 percents, so they can continue stuffing the board with the party faithful. I once worked for such a company and it was early made clear to us newcomers that promotions required proper allegiances. So don't be naive.

Introduction to Cyber Security Specialization

Heavy industrial, also known as power noise and hellectro. A great example is Terrorfakt.

youtube.com/watch?v=GIBQdsSvL34
youtube.com/watch?v=cEu4bUCiiLc

>calling nu-metal industrial
Stop it.

Attached: 1532236089941.jpg (1920x1080, 847K)

Just a reminder: we have a Cyberpunk playlist.

Also, shouldn't it be part of the OP?

Attached: 1500x.jpg (1500x844, 176K)

no because cyberpunk has nothing to do with infosec

I rather liked windows until I had to support it in a professional setting. My company sells an embedded product which runs on 10 LTSB and I handle our system image for it. I want to kill myself. Fuck M$.

Still here?

Anyways, Cyberpunk music has much to do with Cyberpunk.

Attached: CyberSuit2.jpg (1024x751, 97K)

pastebin.com/NUSNuR7H

It was converted
ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/Cyberpunk_Playlist_Preview4.htm

Bump with a reminder that Jow Forumsness is important for proper /cyb/erautism. So start a routine, start running, etc.

some Jow Forumsness is involved too
learn how to produce and use makeshift weapons along with modern firearms

Attached: wall.jpg (1920x1080, 1.48M)

sorry for the late reply...

The course synopsis sounds decent and about what most course like that will offer. It should get the job done if you're looking for a start. I've done a couple courses with them which were good. Intro to Information Security in conjunction with FEMA and another one which was basically the same info. Find a focus once you've conpleted the courses. IE, Incident Response, Malware forensics, Data forensics, SEIM and ACL's, Policy and procedure, Hacking and Pen testing, etc.

Then move in that direction with certs that are related. This industry is cert crazy because Uni's can't teach practical application or experiential elements. We get grads with CCNA's that can't subnet or read a Wire Shark session capture to save their life.

>cyberpunk has nothing to do with infosec
>thread is literally cyberpunk and infosec
u wot m8

If that were true it wouldn't have been teased during Microsoft's panel at e3

Attached: 428da57gxo811.jpg (1080x1200, 231K)

Correlation is not causation.
Cyberpunk is literally autistic fantasy shit for people that like Tron and Ender's Game.

Attached: nepn3ce8c4911.jpg (1920x1146, 558K)

100% these.

Plus, even for the non-LARPers, physical fitness corolates heavily with mental acuity. Being in shape improves mental focus and clarity of thought. I'm not really sure where this meme of the idiot gym-bro popped up from but it's absolutely not the case.

ok thanks man

What was the hacking book recommended in the old thread?

Hacking: The Art of Exploitation?

are the hak5 toys cyb?

they're tools like everything else. You'll need to understand them to tell if it's the best way to get things done.
Just like a hammer isn't the tool of choice when you're trying to screw wooden planks together

I guess a better question is are they worth the investment if I have the spare dosh available

all of those can probably built by yourself aswell while paying less. You'd have to get into everything yourself and maybe even do the software part yourself. In the end, you'll have similar functionality - most likely less compact and stable.
There are even shortcuts that may work - I've seen guides on how to reflash regular USB sticks to act as a ducky or a pinapple firmware image for the GL-iNet AR-150 (cheapo chinese routers)

My shit has alot of blue LEDs....
I think im pretty cyber.

Hak5 does indeed make toys. Do not purchase them, take that rpi out of the drawer and use that as a remote pwning device.

A shitty tool, made for a child or retarded adult. Its an improper tool that one should feel ashamed of using.

what's the most /cyb/ + /sec/ distro?

subgraph imo. provides hardening, sandboxing, anonymization and proxying out of the box.
still in alpha tho' but doesn't feels solid

>subgraph
first I've heard of it but it looks neat. I would have said blackarch myself though, as it comes with a huge array of tools for both offense and defense. But sadly a lot of it is bloat.

is Blackarch still such a pain in the ass to update?
The last time I tried, I needed to --ignore about twenty packages before I could update.

Or aren't you supposed to -Syyu after installing Blackarch ?

I dont know to be honest. I only used it for maybe a week when I was really interested in pentesting. But I'd assume it would work the same way as regular arch, so you should update with -Syu, not sure what a second 'y' does but I know that doing -Sy without the -u is considered dangerous.

QubesOS