Why do people buy this thrash? Honest question

Why do people buy this thrash? Honest question.

Attached: macbook-select-space-gray-201706.jpg (452x420, 82K)

The screens look amazing

It's for people who care more about brand than functionality. When all you're doing is browsing facebook and watching YouTube a computer just becomes a status symbol. It's like people who buy a Rolex when a $10 quartz from walmart is more accurate.

>thrash

They don't have fat fingers like you and can control touchpads.

Lightweight
Nice screen
(Depending on your preference) decent keyboard

More and more work is being done 'in the cloud' so for a lot of people it doesn't make sense to have a whole lot of processing taking from your battery life.

Its not trash though. Not for me but it isn't trash. More of a secondary laptop.

I bought mine because Windows 7 is fucked on many newer laptops in terms of drivers and whatnot and 10 is horrible.
Also, I can't be bothered fucking around with Linux anymore to get basic shit to work which was my experience during 4-5 years of using it.

Attached: 1511487553571.jpg (1920x1080, 150K)

Honestly if the new macbooks were $1200 cheaper they'd be a decent deal.

If you have a lot of money or can write off the purchase on tax then it's not really an issue. Whilst I agree that it's ridiculously priced for what it is, you're failing to take into account a demographic where a few thousand dollars doesn't really mean anything in the scheme of things. Also, after-sales support is excellent - a big plus for non-tech-savvy users or people who's work doesn't give them the time to troubleshoot.

>a phoneposter bashing a facebook machine
at least it's a real computer faggot

Usually to get away from Windows. Remember that most people who are not tech-savvy are not as aware of GNU/Linux as we are, so for them, macOS is the only alternative.

Because managing linux gets old and eventually you value your time more, and that's when the cost isn't so bad.

Great display
Nice keyboard
Large touchpad that's fairly nice to use
Overall build quality is nice

Shame about the OS and the price.

It's unironically the best netbook. Of course you could get much better specs for that price elsewhere, but in terms of portability and quality, it's the best of the category.

I never thought of it this way but you're right

You don't buy a Rolex to keep time accurately, you buy it to appreciate the quality and craftsmanship, and to appreciate the insane levels of precision required to keep a completely mechanical system, shrunken down so it fits on your fucking wrist, running within 6 seconds a day.

Of course they used to be much cheaper, and there is definitely an element of owning it so you can feel richer than everyone around you. Case in point: you could buy a Submariner for $295 in 1968, which works out to around $2,100 today. That is a very reasonable price considering how much work and precision went into making it. The fact that they cost $8,000+ now is just ridiculous, fucking highway robbery.

Considering buying one simply because it's actually the only option to have good software and programming in the same place

Why has nobody just make an apple competitor yet? I don't understand

>eventually you value your time more
>heat doesnt affect time

desu I'd buy one if they updated the CPU, added a second port, and dropped $100 from the price

to fill a void in their lives and they fell for the advertising

Attached: 1257438901299.jpg (1520x1200, 726K)

Support.

This

Attached: 1533531390377.jpg (721x720, 71K)

All of the positives you say are better on a fucking thinkpad.

That's not thrash, that's nu-metal.

>ThinkPad
>positives

They're average as fuck. I own several.

Best specs and plebs who I'm better than can't afford them

great screen
great trackpad
portable, light, small
long battery life

Dark mode
Doesn't look crap on high resolution display.

new ones seem lame af but been thinking of getting a older one for linox or bsd

Nah, if you wanted really a watch you can appreciate you'd go full autism. You get Rolex because normies will recognize the brand as much as you can enjoy it.

I guess if by "amazing" you mean "produces glare in nearly every lighting condition". Whatever retard thought it was a good idea to make shiny screens needs to be dragged into the back alley and shot.

huawei matebook X pro

Because people need to buy a (((brand))) that makes them think their product is better than others to become an acceptable person among cool Apple users

alright explain to me how da j00s fit into this equation

as expected of Jow Forums

They have anti-glare coating. By the way, if it's glass, there's a chance the bullet(s) may ricochet off it and hit you, so good job on that one, IDIOT!

Quit ruining perfectly good threads.

Attached: 1430177615105.png (323x292, 45K)

Because if you try it you’ll like it.

OS X

because OSX is infinitely more suited to tech retards i.e. 90% of the population. This is something that Windows devs refuse to even acknowledge

>running within 6 seconds a day.
wow such precision

>because OSX is infinitely more suited to tech retards i.e. 90% of the population
And yet that 90% clings to Windows because they don't know any beter.

It’s more like Windows has these three personalities: DOS, Windows 7 and pane mode Windows 10. You get different dialog boxes with different look and feel. Apple’s MacOS doesn’t have this despite being just as old.

i didn't ruin anything

It has an amazing screen, great battery life and runs macOS. I have a separate work-issued laptop as I am not a NEET like most of you, so I don’t need a lot of processing power. But still it runs IntelliJ IDEs perfectly for my hobby projects.

they cling to Windows because 1. it came with their computer and 2. apple devices are expensive
Make no mistake, if given a free choice 90% of people would go with apple. I'm not a marketer for them, just annoyed that Windows devs don't give a single fuck about user experience

don't all macbooks newer than 2015 have shitty keyboards that stop working, throttling/overheating issues, moisture detectors that jew you into sending it back to Apple for no reason, and no USB ports?

quit posting in the wage thread and answer my question about actual technology goddammit

Attached: 1528285621373.gif (500x625, 1.78M)

Homosexuality

Macbook is kind of meh if you don’t need an ultra portability but that’s a niche product anyway. Macbook pro is all around good notebook bar keyboard, well some like it but I don’t.
Logic pro X is one of the most popular DAWs out there, Final Cut Pro was used to edit No Country for Old Men, 300 and more. Adobe products intitially were heavy focused on macs and retina macbook pro was de facto notebook of choice for visual editing, and macbooks have still an excellent ultra bright screens and not your shitty IPS panel you get everywhere else. But I guess you are basement NEET that compiles loonix daily thinking you are pro.

I'm using one since my company has given it to me, personally I've got a t420.
What do I like is screen and that every devtool you can imagine has binaries for them. I don't experience heating because everything I do is done on cloud so no throttling. Also battery lasts long and it's very thin and lightweight so you even don't feel have it in a bag.
It's good but too expensive for me now

says the phone shitposter.
pottery.

MacBooks are fine. It's good hardware, and if you're used to it, good software. It costs more than the competition, but if money isn't your main concern, then a MacBook is a good option.

I ask myself the same thing everyday. How could anyone settle for a laptop without a full sized numberpad?

Not everyone is doing data entry?

- Because Windows 10 is worse than trash and Linux is too much maintenance.
- Because I'm no longer a high-schooler. I have limited amounts of time on my hands. I need an OS capable of helping me get the technical shit out of the way so I can focus on completing tasks with the tool instead of focusing on improving the tool itself.
- Because it's nice to be able to drop your shit off at an Apple Store and have some pimply nerd fix it or replace it instead of having to do it myself.
- Because there are tiny features that are incredibly useful that you couldn't find elsewhere without some sort of third-party app. (e.g. Continuity)
- Because it generally makes life a tiny bit easier.
macOS it is.

they are normies +

>t. lives in Starbucks

There is no reason to buy the standard, 12-inch MacBook. You could just use an iPad Pro instead. Virtually the same thing, just cheaper and with a more limited user interface.
The MacBook Pro, however, is irreplaceable.

>good hardware
>good software
False on both counts. The hardware is poorly put together, cheap trash with corners cut just about everywhere, practically designed to fail once applecare expires. The software is literally open source slapped together with code from "I have no idea what I'm doing"-tier Apple "engineers" that periodically breaks because someone put together the wrong fucking text string. And god help you if you have a problem, the idiot-bar will wreck your shit to the point you'd be better off buying a new one (what a surprise) or having a third party that actually knows what they're doing repair it.

In short: fuck off apple shill.

Best shape for a shitpost machine.

I bought one recently, so perhaps I can explain my point of view. Now I have historically been a windows user. Though for phones, my first smart phone was an iPhone 5c, then last year I got the 8 plus. All this time using windows as my desktop OS.
Recently I wanted something that had the power to do stuff on the go (lightroom, photoshop etc). With a bit of rendering power as well. I could have gotten a Surface or Dell XPS. But for me the feature than won me over was the ecosystem. Messages sent to my phone go to the macbook, i can start a note on my iphone and handoff to mac or visa versa. I can leave my mac and it locks, when i return I simply present my watch or use my finger. Lots of little QoL things like this are what for me Apple do well.
I havent used macOS before but from my week of use it seems very usable and hasn’t hindered any workflow. Spotlight search is excellent and makes sorting and finding content through tags a dream.
Is it good value for money? Probably not, are there some design issues? Yes. But for me it’s an enjoyable user experience. Ultimately thats more important to me than a better price/performance ratio or future upgradeability. I want something thats nice to use for hours on end and in that way its perfect.

Because they are easy to sell second hand near the price I pay for them

I am sure there are message apps that replace the default app on android and also has a windows version on which the messages would appear . At the moment I am using a note app that lets me see the notes I make on 4 devices (2 android and 2 windows). Laptops with fingerprint sensors are not something new. The feature is so old in fact that there are some thinkpads that support it.

Weird you didn't mention trackpad, maybe you are more of a mouse user and I was a long time one but trackpad literally replaced it everywhere outside of gayming and I don't need to bring mouse to office anymore. This was one of the features that won me over when I got an air so my next purchase was retina macbook pro, too bad I can barely stand the new keyboard. I couldn't find concrete mm travel on macbook's pro keyboard but it seems to be around 0.7mm while dell's 2in1 has 1mm and comparing thickness of the body of both notebooks it's not that different (dell's screen is thick as fuck for some reason).

Im sure that there are apps like that, but mac supports it natively. For example I getting 2-factor auth coded via sms is excellent as they simply autofill from messenger on the mac. Apple doesn’t invent anything they just present it in a polished way. Like I said it’s the ecosystem I enjoy. There devices work well in unison together. Airpods work with my watch, phone and mac seamlessly and lose no functionality on any of those devices. Like I said it may not be the best for value, but its presented in such a way that the user experience is enjoyable. I don’t enjoy using windows on desktop, it simply fufills a purpose, I do however enjoy using my mac.

I remember when everyone was mad at new windows vista for being such a slug, and some guy did a write up where he tested a shit ton of laptops to see which one would run vista the best and it turned out to be the macbook pro.

Attached: 1508975783581.jpg (400x381, 23K)

Depends on what I’m doing sometimes the trackpad just doesn’t have the travel that I need. Although it’s the best on a laptop I’ve used. Particulary the gestures for manouevering through content.
The keyboard I actually enjoy, despite little travel. It nice and quiet will still being tactile enough that you feel an actual press.

Heres a little hint: if you want a macbook, go onto apple's "resale" or whatever shop they call it. There, you can get a recent macbook (anywhere from a few months to a few years old releases) for a reasonable laptop price.
The machines they're selling there aren't actually used, they just are selling off whatever stock they have left over when their new slight increase is released.
t. $500 off of the new mbp guy

lol
""""irreplaceable""""
basically all pc makers offer good alternative, cheaper, and with far better specs.
Can you choose which freezer to get with your macbook pro ?

I mostly need a text editor and a web browser to do my job so any laptop is suitable. I bought a Mac for traveling (due to size/weight) and have a ThinkPad for home use. Also, being comfortable in all popular OSes is valuable for my line of work.

Everything is specs. Nothing else matters.

MacBook Pros have top tier performance in the thin and light category and are generally much better built, not to mention the superiority of macOS over Windows 10.

opposite day

It's the best laptop you can buy
Stop being a poorfag and get a job

Do they run macOS, 100% supported? No? Then it's not an option.

>Virtually the same thing
Sure, zoomer.

I would rarely run out of reach on pre 2016 one, usually when dragging icon across all screen but the new one's trackpad is comically huge. Keyboard, I might get used to it but first time using it gave me the opposite feeling of first time using trackpad, as holy shit why couldn't they make it travel more, otherwise it's very stable and nice besides reliability. But I am 80% positive it will be redesigned with possibility of more travel since low travel seems to be the main reason behind it's high failure rate. Apple's design philosophy is to streamline and simplify construction as much as possible in terms of moving and separate parts so condom over keyboard is a band aid fix and not the final solution.

>headphone jack
>only one port
>keyboard (except the one on the iPad is detachable)
They're about the same. Anything you could do on the standard MacBook, you could do on an iPad Pro with the Smart Keyboard. The only real difference is that the MacBook has a mouse and a window-based UI, meaning you have have different iterations of applications like Safari open, for example. But the iPad Pro is mostly just as powerful, has the same screen size and is cheaper.

Give me ONE (1) reason one would buy the 12-inch macbook over the ipad. Just one legitimate reason.

Where's a good place to get an OS X ISO for VMWare? I don't have a real mac.

I would probably buy one simply because its lightweight, and has a nice screen.

However, Apple as a corporate entity is a disgusting piece of garbage, and the markup on their products makes the price completely unjustifiable relative to competitors.

I can confirm this. Working i the library is next to impossible for me since they have the lights posittioned in a way that i cannot sit comfortably and not be bothered by the reflection.

Still, my mbp 2015 is the best machine I ever had.

Thinkpads are hot trash for man babies who've only ever used consumer junk. If you want a business laptop just get a HP probook

Actual file management.

iPad has it to a degree. The Files app now supports offline files that are actually on the device itself. Although you don't have access to application files, as a preventative measure from pirating.
NEXT

"Files" is a complete fucking joke compared to Finder and is a perfectly valid reason to buy a MacBook over an iPad.
NEXT

everything you could ever need to do as a developer works on one, no hackarounds like for Windows or compiling shit for a million hours like Linux.
Also, best build quality, best battery life, best screen, best keyboard. The only downside is price, but that's why you're a professional developer and your work buys you one.

After sale support is utter trash. Have to make an appointment to take the machine in. Even then, the geniuses are absolute retards.

I see people buying them often to complete the ecosystem and they're willing to dish out the extra cost.
>I already have an iPhone, iPad, Apple watch etc.
>I had a windows machine and I hated it
>It was a $350 Acer laptop
>It looks nice
>I like the screen
>I do photo editing
>I'm an artist

Those are the most common things I hear when I sold them.

Attached: 1493027449879.jpg (481x419, 122K)

>"Files" is a complete fucking joke compared to Finder
You never explained this. They're virtually the same, except Files only shows you downloads/imports, which is primarily what the average user wants to see anyway.

>finder and files are virtually the same
This is how I know you're full of shit.
They aren't - using them for even just 5 minutes would make this immediately obvious.

>nice keybiard

Attached: 1532737487449m.jpg (1024x675, 34K)

I reflected upon this answer, and it's right.

Attached: marioland05.png (480x432, 3K)

Recommend me something better then
Pro tip you can't

>within 6 seconds of precision
soviet pocket watch tier

Attached: mbp15touch-space-select-201807.jpg (452x420, 65K)

To blend with normies, mine has void on it.

Surface Book 2

Literally has a winblows logo on it