2 years into a computer science degree and I barely understand any of what Jow Forums talks about

>2 years into a computer science degree and I barely understand any of what Jow Forums talks about

Attached: Get_a_hold_of_yourself.jpg (600x461, 27K)

same but im into systems engineering

The majority of Jow Forums has no idea how computers work. Prove me wrong.

>professor never made the whole class write fizzbuzz in assembly
pleb

I can fucking do fizzbuzz, all you fucking need is two if statements and a modulo operator, but everytime I see a thread about server architecture or home labs or any programming more complicated than iterating over an array my eyes glaze over

Attached: 1500699943298.gif (1008x720, 754K)

I've had this hypothesis that the more intelligent someone is, the less likely they are to be truly happy and satisfied with life. How happy are you, user?

Relax user. Most of these people just make shit up.

I'm like 4 classes away from graduating and I have no fucking idea how to code or anything.

unironically you'll be like that once you graduate if you don't do extra shit. degrees aren't a full meme but they're at least partially a meme.

The vast majority of Jow Forums doesnt know what Jow Forums talks about. It only takes 2-3 experts on a certain subject to start talking about it to give the illusion all of Jow Forums knows about a thing.

Talk about kernel programming and how the paging system works. Sure most people have a general idea but only a handful could talk about it without pulling bullshit out their ass.

Talk about programming artificial intelligence, only a few people know how deep learning/ whatever the new meme word works. I'd bet over 90% of Jow Forums still thinks AI is a bunch of if then statements.

Talk about vulnerabiltites.. etc.

You get the drift. Most people know jack shit. Theres just a few experts in each field that happen to browse Jow Forums, you shouldn't expect to know everything.

That said however. Entry degree CS is just about teaching you fundamentals. You wont learn anything advanced til late junior/senior year where they already taught you how the kernel works, how to program, and so forth. Now they can explain to you why overflowing a stack can replace the return pointer to a previously input code segment.

Not true, not him but I'm not happy because I'm a retard, just typing this shit reminds me of everything wrong with me and I just wanna go

Why was this image edited?

The truth about programming is that nobody understands a program.

You can make sense of it, but actually reading a program is a pain in the ass. That's why you explain the high level concept and people piece together what the fuck you were trying to do. Then cram their own ideas in there. And fuck around until it works.
It's why everyone hates rebuilding old systems. Nobody fucking understands what's going on in the programs.

You are intelligent enough to realize how retarded you are. That makes you smarter than most people.

Attached: 9gag_yolo.jpg (600x338, 25K)

It gets easier when you work with the same team for a long time, agree on most of the conventions before you write a single line of code, and review each others' work before they are merged into master.

It baffles me how inefficient the current world of programming seems to be, where managers shuffle people around from team to team and there's no real development of team culture. Look at Romero and Carmack, they achieved a fuckload of stuff in rather short time, only because they learned to fit together (in the beginning). Companies should cultivate a group of programmers to work as a single entity, it won't be linear scaling of work but still better than what we have now.

I've been in the industry for 6 years now. There are a lot of areas where I don't understand crap. Somewhere else I have more insight due to work experience. It gets easier, there's just so much to know that it takes time.

No stop with the gimecky faggotry being self aware doesn't make you better than anyone

Problem is simply a change of culture. People dont stay on teams or with the same company. The ideal tech guy leaves a company after 5-10 years for a better paying senior job or something. And repeats until he retires or gets bored. The programmer turn around is too fast to bother training people to fit into the same convention and review everything they do. Instead they get a simple outline and guide about what this company does in terms sof conventions and it let go on their way.

you're wrong. prove me wrong.

You have to have a genuine interest in this stuff to continue learning it. You could've spend two years going on Jow Forums regularly and probably slowly understood most of what's posted here. Mix in a bit of IRC and try to meet some intelligent people to talk to.

>implying the shit flung on Jow Forums is remotely factually correct, has any internal coherence, or even has the slightest connection to reality

Attached: 15380746_1393921313952621_260492096667205370_n.jpg (531x333, 31K)

I literally can't.
The amount of idiots who simply don't know what they are talking about here is astonishing.

Your fault for not majoring in Physics or Math.

that's easy to solve, just install gentoo and then start to program in haskal.

Computer science is an overarching term that contains many sub domains. People in software development teams are highly specialized, and often don't understand the intricacies of what their team members are doing.With software development, the best paradigm to follow is a hack and learn as you go approach. The trick at being efficient is knowing what to attempt to reach your goal.

Don't worry too much about being bad. Just learn how to use a terminal, don't shy away from more difficult tasks. I've learned the difference between software developer levels is mostly the time put in per day. Pussies

You're not wrong. They're especially clueless when it comes to the basics of cryptography and security, e.g. thinking that systemd is backdoored because it supports a backdoored cipher.