ITT: boomer tech

No, not yo "30 y.o boomer" meme. Something unmistakably from this generation but only older people would actually use

>pic related

Attached: SLIM-Leather-Flip-Case-iPhone-Wallet-6.jpg (1300x1000, 141K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scmp.com/news/china/society/article/2141050/chinese-market-targeted-scammers-who-set-fake-qr-codes-divert
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I use something like that, I'm 28. I don't want my screen to be scratched to shit.

I would use one of these if I could get good quality one that flips up (had one for jtc desire back in a day). And I do use such covers for kindle and kobo readers.
And you are right. Only older people use such things. Because youngsters like you will just suck new phone out of their mothers tit once their break their current one.

Why not use a glass screen protector? Less bulky and can be used with a case that will probably be better quality/more protective.

My case is already better than OP's example image.

Attached: B00MTWDG6W.MAIN.jpg (1064x1064, 174K)

Attached: leather-waist-hang-case-mobile-phone-cover.jpg (800x800, 77K)

You wot mate?

Attached: 1533380265768.png (325x307, 48K)

is that a tawawa?

i know a lot of teenagers that use these. it's helpful when you don't want to hide your notifications but you don't want people looking either

it can't be boomer tech if it's used by a shitton of people who don't have a clue what boomer means

I used a case like that for a while, it was convenient because it could be used as a stand to watch videos on bed.

Reminder that this was really popular amongst butch lesbians in the 00, more than wearing a rainbow flag (that was reserved for lipstick lesbians)

I've seen plenty of hipsters use these at places like starbucks but with the slots for credit cards and money.

Attached: CC.jpg (800x533, 142K)

My friend has one of these. His credit card goes flying about 1 in 5 times he takes his phone out of his pocket. I absolutely see the utility though.

Frick off

this "image board" website that doesn't even have any proper whitespacing or javascript tracking or other user friendly features. hell it doesn't even have a board for Virtual reality games

Attached: boomer_website.png (1676x776, 481K)

27 here and I always end using those. The problem is trying to find one that's not bulky or with shitty drawings on the cover. The pain of living in a third world country where 90% of all smartphone cases have drawings of cartoons, mainstream anime, football teams or superheroes

Moto G had that one that clipped on the back and had a magnet that turned the screen off. Mighty useful if hadn't fucked with the compass.

In Japan, people almost exclusively use those flip cases.

>hell it doesn't even have a board for Virtual reality games

>this "image board" website that doesn't even have any proper whitespacing or javascript tracking or other user friendly features
The formatting on this site has remained the same through all of the nearly 15 years of life of the site. If something works well why the fuck would you want to change it? That's the most boomer mentality out here.

Lol fucking this, my 65 year old parents just HAD to have a digital frame

Once you forget or lose your wallet you’ll understand. I constantly forgot my wallet because I never used it other than to take my debit card out. I never use cash, ever. Its just one more fucking object I have to keep an eye on and make sure I grab. I was touring Hollywood with my mother because she had never been there before, and lo and behold my wallet came out of my pocket when I grabbed my phone, and I didn’t hear it hit the ground in the parking garage. By the time I was halfway through showing her around, I realized I didn’t have my wallet anymore. Yeah, this was my own fault for not keeping better track of it, but you have no idea how frustrating it is when you lose your wallet, because there is no GPS inside it like a phone has. If I drop my phone in one of these wallet cases, I’m going to know immediately, and if I don’t, I can have my girlfriend GPS track it from her phone, and make it scream an alarm too.

Luckily some based guy found my wallet and returned it to me based on info I had left in it, but still. I got one of those cases and threw my wallet in the trash, I’m never looking back.

Why would you put your phone on the same pocket as your wallet? I always have it on different pockets.
One side will have my phone, my other pocket will have my keys and wallet.

in a way (his main gig nowadays is the sao progressive manga)

>I never use cash, ever.
>because there is no GPS inside it like a phone has
>I can have my girlfriend GPS track it from her phone

Holy fuck. Absolutely disgusting.

Attached: WatchingYou.jpg (700x396, 95K)

I hope bad things happen to you

so only retards would use something like it

I really don’t know what happened, all I know is I dropped it, and I’m a natural klutz anyways. I simply can’t trust myself so this solved my problems.

I don’t use cash because it’s useless besides a false sense of anonymity. Sure, I DO use it but it’s rare, because it’s just a hassle. I have to manually count shit which is just mundane and a time waster, and if someone steals my cash there’s jack fuck I can do about it. If someone steals my debit card I can just cancel it instantaneously. If bitcoin was viable for the average joe to use every day I’d probably use that though.

And sorry about GPS, I actually care about retrieving my stuff if I lose it so it’s a great help.

>Has device that can pay wirelessly with Google/Apple pay
>Tapes plastic cards to the case
Why?

nigger next time you drop it someone's gonna steal your phone, wipe it and sell it, and not only is he going to get your phone but your credit card and ID too. so have fun not only buying a new phone but locking your bank and having to order a new credit card, and get a new ID too.

I mean, I’ll admit I have a big problem with losing track of stuff, but if it means less shit in my pockets then I’m all for it. I absolutely always know where my phone is so if everything is with it then that’s great for me. No way for me to lose it.

I used to use one of these clamshell cases. Screen got scratched when I dropped it while using it.

Now I use a thick (not foil) screen protector with an UAG case and it's indestructible.

>hell it doesn't even have a board for Virtual reality games

bait/10

Attached: 1529984402487.jpg (640x977, 136K)

I’ve considered that but I never drop my phone. I absolutely always know where it is at all times, and I even have one of those tile things so I can just make it scream if it’s nearby. They can’t wipe it either because it’s iCloud locked.

Pebble watch on my wrist too, so I can use that to make it scream if needed as well. But as I said, i always know where my phone is at all times. I haven’t lost track of it once, while my wallet on the other hand I forgot at home at least 10 times in the last 2 months that I had it before switching.

Attached: a2a65fb7dea4b8bf890d1c90e8285494.jpg (1500x1500, 112K)

>this "image board" website that doesn't even have any proper whitespacing or javascript tracking
Good, hopefully gookmoot keeps it that way

This is anime girls tech.

26 here. I use this
Could not care what anyone else thinks of it since I'm the one using it.

Attached: flipcase.png (840x875, 470K)

>Pebble watch on my wrist too, so I can use that to make it scream if needed as well.

Good luck with that. The first thing you do when you steal a phone is put it in a Faraday bag.

Good thing I never lose my phone then. Some hood nigger isn’t gonna be carrying a faraday bag. I’d be surprised if he even knows how to take the sim card out, fucking monkeys.

Flip covers are great, stop being a bitter teen that cares more about "looks" then function. I bet that you use an iphone bought with your parents money.

Believe it or not, most places and most phones don't have NFC payment capabilities. Especially chink phones as they pay with QR codes.

This, QR code/standard barcode payment is more popular because it’s compatible with the same technology as before, so no upgrade required.

Except this shit happens.
scmp.com/news/china/society/article/2141050/chinese-market-targeted-scammers-who-set-fake-qr-codes-divert

liquid screen protectors are a fucking scam

Well in the first world, user, we use digital QR codes. You know, the ones you can’t simply tape a piece of paper over because they’re generated for that transaction. Some chinks printing off some QR codes expecting not to be taken advantage of is their own problem.

>30 year old boomer
Being this retarded

>being this new

I'm 20 and I use a phone case cover like that. It's because during the summer I get sweaty and the sweat on my leg messes with the screen and starts dialing people. The cover solved the problem.

Attached: 613RLKHe7TL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 23K)

Analog computers. Digital shit is so fucking bad

There are some manufacturers who are starting to make analog stuff again

Attached: Chromebook.jpg (1029x834, 459K)

confirmed for underage

Attached: bigcrt.jpg (1456x856, 95K)

/thread

Attached: tux.png (1200x1414, 259K)

IMO with Macs being redefined as status-signaling devices for hipsters, Chromebooks will inevitably take their place as the easy-to-use-but-not-very-powerful computer of choice for old farts who aren't technologically inclined.

t. 40 year old boomer with super resistent anti-scratch tempered glass protector on his 5 year old iPhone

Are you stupid? This shit has saved my screen so many times from little fumbles over the years, it cracks the protector and not the glass, as it’s intended, and I spend $2 to replace it and it’s all better. Boomers use the shitty plastic film still.

>inb4 dude just don’t drop your phone lmao fucking retard

dude just don’t drop your phone lmao fucking retard

FUCK

Plenty
>new gen mustang
>dodge challenger but they riced it so it looks like hellcat or even demon
>"feature" phone
>revolver
>satellite dish

You'd be lucky if your iphone would last that long

Essential Boomer Tech™ right here.

Attached: acurite-thermometers-weather-stations-00615hda1-64_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 66K)

Not to mention Harley Davidson bike

>Dodge Challenger but they riced it

This. It’s always some old fat boomer in a mid-life crisis that’s absolutely insufferable to be around.

More Boomer Tech™

Attached: suzuki gsxr 600 2012-10.jpg (1024x768, 144K)

there's nothing wrong with this one tho

I’ll never understand boomer obsession with knowing whether or not it’s gonna rain or if it’s going to be 5 degrees colder or hotter today than it was yesterday.

Attached: file.png (600x600, 17K)

Yeah, mine is like yours, much closer to that than OP's example.

My old 5s is brand new to this day. Just take care of your things and they'll last centuries.

Wtf, I'm 20 and I use that

Attached: 62680.jpg (450x450, 59K)

Having a better looking garden than the neighbours, planning golf with the buddies four weeks in advance, arthritic knee starts hurting if it goes bellow 40.

Skechers.

this
who tf even uses facebook anymore?

This 1000x, at my friends house his parents have one of these frames and every so often a blurry 100x100 thumbnail of George W. Bush comes up on the slideshow.

So a life of suffering

just end it

Sounds like you're just a retard

Did anybody else just hear the crack of a monster can?

>having nothing else to do but give a fuck about a fucking garden being better than your neighbors, when they probably don’t even give a shit
>a good life

ok

28 y.o. boomer detected

Attached: 1529106334059.png (380x349, 70K)

I hate monster, and beer, and coke, and all other carbohydrate Jews. Water is GOAT. I can hook you up with some water filters

Typical boomer.
Top kek...

Alarm clocks.

Attached: home-design.jpg (640x434, 61K)

They can't into resolutions, bless them. My Mum's desktop has always been some low res image stretched to whatever her resolution is at the time.

I'll throw in one for free if you buy 2, so how about it?

Attached: 1511988095528.png (2814x3980, 1.33M)