Breaking news: Google tracks the location of everyone

Even Iphone users. Even those who turned tracking "off"
Is there a way to get the Google off my back?

apnews.com/828aefab64d4411bac257a07c1af0ecb

Attached: 1534154133527.png (833x886, 652K)

Other urls found in this thread:

puri.sm/shop/librem-5/
gnu.org/proprietary/malware-apple.en.html
f-droid.org/app/cl.coders.faketraveler
stallman.org/apple.html
zdnet.com/article/apple-data-collection-stored-request/
privacy.apple.com/
developer.apple.com/support/iad/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw google doesn't track me because I don't own a tracking device

Nothing to hide, nothing to fear. It's that simple.

It's 2018. Even boomers know this shit. There is nothing breaking about it.

Hello google

>having a phone
norms

Fuck this company. Id rather deal with apple's closed off system than their bullshit. I could never trust an operating system made by them. bit by bit their only positive aspect is becoming "we aren't as horrible about it as microsoft"

Small price to pay to use google maps. I'll be sure to ditch my phone if I decide to commit a murder, tho.

Even if Google didn't keep track of where you were going, your provider already knows where you're going by tower triangulation.

The only solution is to just not use a cellphone at all if you don't want to be tracked. Luckily for you, every single person is using a cellphone so you can blend in.

Just do what you can to minimize what data goes out.

tower triangulation is horribly inaccurate, demonstrably so as a matter of fact.

puri.sm/shop/librem-5/

>Is there a way to get the Google off my back?

Yes. Don't install play services at all. Use yalp store, don't use any google websites, don't use gmail. Firewall off everything.

no just dont

Attached: 000_aLt02g6.jpg (320x319, 23K)

Looks like something the FBI would say, wouldn't you think?

(You)

>I'd rather deal with a company that spies on me but actually tries to hide it

>I have no evidence they are spying on me, as a matter of fact its contrary to their business model of making money on hardware, but i can still shitpost on vietnamese basketweaving forums dammit!
microsoft is definitely the most evil about it, google doesnt hide it MOST OF THE TIME (OP seems to disagree), and their business model is making money on your data.

When is this shit meant to ship?

Early 2019

>1000m2 is horribly inaccurate
If the army sends a tomahawk missiles to your location right now, you'll still going to get killed even if iy's not a direct hit

good alternative to google maps?

> Is there a way to get the Google off my back?
Disable wi-fi, disable GPS.

>Breaking news

>breaking
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Slow news day?

Attached: Screenshot_20180813-110128.png (720x1280, 307K)

Are you able to take trackers/GPS out of phones? Phone hardware illiterate retard here and I've always wondered, or is it set up so the entire phone doesn't work if you take it out.

Attached: 1506847030219.png (528x588, 45K)

An inflated sense of self worth doesn't even begin to describe the belief that anyone's online activity would warrant the military using a million dollar missile with zero reservations for collateral damage to kill them.

>phone show that you disabled everything, android tells every softwares it is disabled but it keeps tracking for google personal surveillance system
what now ?

lol you think you're secure in your underground bunker? the army can just nuke the entire world

Where are you live? post it
you have nothing to hide

This directly violates the GDPR. I hope they get sued by the EU. Fuck, I just got a boner thinking about that...

Attached: 1531762513289.jpg (720x428, 35K)

That does not work (at least not on standard android). The only way to get rid of google, is to get rid of android (or maybe get some heavly pajeeted custom rom).
If you don't want to get tracked, you either have to waste time by fucking around with some custom roms, or you have to waste money by going apple. pic related.

Attached: terriblesituation.jpg (500x376, 21K)

did any of you brainlets actually read the article? you can turn it off, it's just that the boomers at AP thinks that turning off location history will somehow stop all tracking

How is this "breaking news"?
It's practically their business model.

Attached: 1514676038176.jpg (1024x768, 97K)

Guaranteed replies

Attached: 1496418379575.gif (346x360, 873K)

>Not using openstreetmap

yet you somehow posted on this thai cartoons forum
congrats, you baited me good

Send me your n00ds then.

>Even if Google didn't keep track of where you were going, your provider already knows where you're going by tower triangulation.
>The only solution is to just not use a cellphone at all if you don't want to be tracked. Luckily for you, every single person is using a cellphone so you can blend in.
> I'll be sure to ditch my phone if I decide to commit a murder, tho.
This is a scenario where having a phone with you at all times normally works in your favor. If your usual habits involve you taking your phone with you wherever you go, you can set up a pattern ahead of time which makes it unlikely that you would be in the area of the crime. Then when it comes time to commit the crime, leave your devices at home/some other normal location where they spend hours at a time (while you are sleeping for example) and go do the deed. The fact that they have all this tracking information on you but none of it connects you to the crime will work in your favor.

OsmAnd

>Breaking news
What? Seriously? Are you some rebbit normie?

>Small price to pay to use google maps.
I think they suck compared to "HERE WeGo". At least for navigation and public transportation.

>Nothing to hide, nothing to fear. It's that simple.
It's that impossible. Fixed it for you.

There are probably people around you with tracking devices, mentioning you in messages and taking photos of you which are uploaded to social media so you’re still compromised.

Yeah, because Apple surely hasn't been a participant of the PRISM project. And that's just the beginning.
gnu.org/proprietary/malware-apple.en.html

Attached: dates.jpg (703x526, 72K)

f-droid.org/app/cl.coders.faketraveler

Osmand, maps.me

>custom roms, or you have to waste money by going apple.
What about KaiOS? I'm seriously considering that nokia banana phone as my next device rather than a fragile bloated android

remind me again why Jow Forums endlessly spergs out over microsoft and apple but anytime google is brought up all of their wrongdoings are dismissed?

Yes i KNOW, im just saying its not their core business model and they arent making money off it, the NSA forced them into it. they aren't saints, they are just slightly less evil...do you know that AT&T literally sells data packages about customers? you dont even need a warrant anymore, police agencies or private corporations can simply pay and obtain the information (even though it is quite expensive).. there is far worse behavior out there, and out of the three big mobile phone companies (apple, google, microsoft), i feel a tiny bit better about giving apple my info

even bing maps is better than google maps nowadays
the literal ONLY difference between gmaps and competitors is visual design, the data is solid otherwise

>breaking news
nah it's been known for years. there was a case about it in Australia and articles about it on techdirt.

>im just saying its not their core business model and they arent making money off it, the NSA forced them into it. they aren't saints, they are just slightly less evil
But you are forgetting that their operating systems are proprietary and none of this can be verified or conclusively proven. There are no FOSS software alternatives and there are no microG alternatives either.

Wait... did a few comments just vanish from this thread? I had a Google-mocking comment here that just vanished even though I didn't delete it. I replied to this post, I think: , and I said something like "Screwgle started three years before Appshit. 'Do no evil', my ass'".

i agree, we should always be suspicious, but at least they are unix, darwin core is open source, and they contribute to BSD and vice versa. Anyway, I still hold to my opinion until we discover something sinister and then i'll happily change it, but lack of evidence > then direct evidence of previous wrongdoing in the trust world. i liked that they stood up to FBI on that phone unlocking fiasco, that would have set a bad precedent. their privacy out of the box and ease of options for protecting yourself FAR outstrip the others.. google makes it very very hard and sometimes goes out of their way to ensure you cant remove their bullshit, they are giving you free software after all (lol at gmail forcing me to give them my phone number...) and microsoft, well just look at windows 10 and i really dont need to say much more, mandatory ""Security"" updates forcing telemetry, OS always calling home, every updating resetting your privacy settings, lying about it and not saying anything until exposed, etc etc

Selection bias on your part. Google is regularly called a botnet.

Nah, they rarely are outside of browser threads. Windows and iphone stuff gets threads filled with spam calling them botnets. Yet google just gets away with it most of the time on Jow Forums, even fuchsia threads used to be a mix of "fuck cia xD based google" and enthusiasm.
Perhaps you're right, and the comments are just getting deleted by the time i scroll through the threads, in which case the scenario is even worse.

>but at least they are unix, darwin core is open source
Are you forgetting about AOSP? That's open source as much as it can be expected from a giant like Google. There's also more to an operating system than an open source kernel.
>I still hold to my opinion until we discover something sinister
Well, it has been discovered.
stallman.org/apple.html
>google makes it very very hard and sometimes goes out of their way to ensure you cant remove their bullshit, they are giving you free software after all (lol at gmail forcing me to give them my phone number...)
LineageOS exists, just as any custom ROMs based on AOSP. You are not forced to install Google apps, because microG and play store replacements exist. System apps can also be uninstalled. No other mobile operating system offers this.

It's in the terms of service/privacy policy. You should have read it.

Not him but I'm pretty sure you're ignoring anything that doesn't prove your position. Which is actually confirmation bias, because pretty much everyone except, uh, "smartphone enthusiasts" calls google a botnet and looks down on it with their tinfoil hats. Then there are the people with a live camera feed all over their house and on their body that sends all video directly to Google servers and defend it saying they have nothing to hide, but relatively they're not a very high number here. But of course you'd ignore anything that doesn't support your conviction. Nice try, Apple, your psyops aren't going to work on me.

Guys... guys... I think we can all agree that if the leaders of Google, Apple, Microsoft, Facebook, etc. accidentally fell into some sort of giant shredder tomorrow, none of us would feel particularly upset.
There's no need to fight.

Because at least Google's OS is open source and can be debotnetted without losing any functionality.

iPhone X with zero Google apps installed doesn't have this problem

Are you a moron or somthing? If google, any other company or even anyone else has private information over you, they can use it to control or manipulate your life. Maybe not like stalkers would do, but there actions will still be similar to it. They use the information to make you addictive to buying things they know you would fall into, so you consume more and they gain more profit of it. So they will make evryone slowly a wage slave because they give you more reason to buy those stuff (ex. "well you pass by that shop around x time everyday so why do you not buy y that they sell so cheap?")

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (640x360, 32K)

Post your license plate number for your vehicle

Doesn't apple do the same thing tho?

nope. apple makes products for people, not people their products like google.

Attached: 1516576703288.jpg (600x355, 23K)

fuck yes. I hope they get a bazillion dollar fine for this shit.

everybody knew about Google Spying years ago

that iJustine girl might give a fuck
>she did last time someone important died

shredders are so messy. how about an enclosed space filled with a volatile toxic compound?

How would you know if they lived or died though?

Attached: 1521773495665.jpg (480x360, 16K)

|
|>
|
|

Hmnn...I wonder if that is a nose

they can't track me
if no phone

Attached: 1521661931453.jpg (600x494, 29K)

>making such bold statements while completing the Google captcha

a high enough dose to ensure lethality.

> breaking news

Its about having nothing to hide and nothing to show, spastic

what's to track?
i never take this computer anywhere

Big if true

>if
Like this is something we didn't all already know...

I can't be bothered to read that, I'm assuming if I use an AOSP based ROM with microG and no gapps at all, I should be safe, right?

Apple doesn't collect much info tho.

Attached: 14c.jpg (207x253, 7K)

lol

zdnet.com/article/apple-data-collection-stored-request/
request your own:
privacy.apple.com/
Apple doesn't make money off your data. They use differential privacy to collect data when they have to find out how their OS is used.

Lol, no. They colecte everything, including messages, photos, location. They even have their platform called "iAds".

'''breaking news''': Always on recording devices full of proprietary software made by a data collection company collect data from you

No they don't.
>iAds
lolno. you fucking retard.
developer.apple.com/support/iad/

Fuck off, pedo scum.

>iAds
more like iAids l m a o

dont use the internet. You don't need.

GO. LEAVE

>iAds
>i A ds
>A i ds
>Aids

Attached: 1524839690916.jpg (1008x572, 59K)

I have an iPhone. Get rekt.

Attached: IMG_0029.png (640x960, 96K)

>news

>I have an iPhone
and? that makes you an expert? I clearly showed you're full of shit and don't know anything.

Remember Ashley Madison? Remember the suicides? Now imagine everyone's Google searches going public and there's no escape.

Enjoy your iAds, cuck.