Say something nice about it

Attached: php.png (1200x648, 73K)

It could be worse. Not by much but it could.
youtried.jpg

That's really as nice as Jow Forums gets, thank you.

session handling is great

It's so great I named my daughter after it

7 was a really nice release. Looking forward to 8.

Thank you anons, you're pleasing the PHP gods.

It gets the job done.

(Honestly I don't know why Jow Forums hates this language so much. I personally like it.)

it's not trendy *js language

But js is pure cancer.

It works. Comparisons aren't completely fucked up like js.

Your contributions are greatly appreciated anons.

It is miles lighter than Ruby
I have discourses installed on a server and this ruby monstrosity takes more than 500 Mo of ram for a few posts.
On the other hand, my php services WordPress and nextcloud combined takes less than 30Mo of ram for way more content

it used to be worse

it is a good choice for server side programming

I heard 7 is pretty good, I feel like learning it soon. tell me user, you know if php7 is being widely used in industry? is it easy to find a job knowing specifically php7?

Its widely used in the smaller shops churning out drupal/wordpress sites, but even in my job where we build bespoke stuff for pharma, we use it for everything.

thanks. as I said hopefully I'll be learning it soon

It's better then it used to be

Laravel is a pleasure to work with

It pays the bills.

First language I made a web app with. Nice nostalgia.

fpbp

This thread is not going the way I expected, I expected tons of hate, but it seems that people on Jow Forums have finally abandoned the meme.

It's not JS or Python.

But still for lefty cuckold Jow Forums-tier soiboi fuckpuppets.
Satisfied?

People are just following the thread rules. There is a tonne of hate, don't you worry. I h*cking h*te that "language."

don't regret it when she comes home with a C grade at school

php bad

After PHP7, all the whining is really misplaced. Sure, you can write garbage code in PHP, and it won't stop you from shooting off your own nuts, but neither will C.

The thing that really chaps my ass about PHP these days is all the fucking Laravel fags who think that because they learned a shit framework that they are now PHP (((artisans))).

>and it won't stop you from shooting off your own nuts, but neither will [another bleach on computing]
What exactly is your point?

people who say php is bad have probably never tried using the language. they just want to fit in with all the other kool koders who can barely even fizzbuzz.

PHP haters what do you expect me to use instead?
Javascript?
C#?
Python?

- php still requires $-prefixed variables because it's no secret the team has always been incompetent
- list - map - object semantics are a complete mess. for some reason lists and maps are the same construct, but maps and objects are different even though they're both basically maps.
- referencing a missing key on an array causes php to shit itself
- lambdas require you to explicitly declare each variable you want them to close over, something like &$variable. just fucking kill me
- php has absolutely no module system

its the main language i use at work for backend & templating frontend (PHP7 only, spent ages updating the existing codebase). It's pretty fast speed and development time-wise. Still a bit silly with a few functions (mysql_real_escape for example), but if you read the docs and use PHPstorm, it's bretty good. Libraries included for shit like xml, and easily pluggable 3rd party libraries are good too.

Comfy language desu

I don't have to use it in my line of work.

dotnetcore is quite comfy desu. either mvc or api+js frontend.

Invented by a Dane but Israelis stole it.

razor pages