Botnet-Free Android Keyboards

Anyone know any keyboards that don't sell your keystrokes?

It seems like a massive oversight to use encrypted messengers while the keyboards we use are literally sending your keystrokes to google/swiftkey/whatever. The few open source or privacy focused keyboards have no or limited spellchecking and autocorrect.

Attached: swiftkey_android_app_screenshot.jpg (800x600, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reports.exodus-privacy.eu.org/reports/760/
zdnet.com/article/nsa-whistleblower-overwhelmed-with-data-ineffective/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Actually this could be remedied by a good open source or otherwise trustworthy spellchecker to work alongside one of these minimalist keyboards but the one LanguageTool based one I've found is so slow you need to wait a while after typing a message to check it for errors.

AOSP..?

it doesn't matter what you use, if your baseband and modem are running proprietary code you'll always be in the botnet, regardless of what you do

Don't make mistake while typing
Problem solved

I use AFwall+ to not let Swiftkey connect to the internet

Bump

AnySoftKeyboard

Gboard and disable it's internet connection

Keyboard69

I use ask too. The autocorrect isn't amazing but it's not bad either. The swipe for symbols/different layout helps a lot, to the point i can't type on other keyboards

This is ridiculous. It all depends on your threat model. How many people do you think actually have to worry about nation-state level surveillance/hacking? If you're not worried about that there are still things you can do to secure your phone.

Too late, OP, you're already registered in the system a longass time ago now go enjoy your botnet

tfw you will never have a comfy 12-key t9 keyboard on modern phones

>android
>botnet-free
does not compute

This or your favorite keyboard with AfWall+.
/thread

>/threading your own post
Fucking reddit

>How many people do you think actually have to worry about nation-state level surveillance/hacking?

Oh, not many other than every fucking citizen of every fucking country on Ganesha's Green Earth. Which planet are you from, you incorrigibly oblivious tool?

i've been using hackers keyboard for years. don't now how secure it is thou.

This. Plus having ctrl/alt/f-keys is useful
reports.exodus-privacy.eu.org/reports/760/

>How many people do you think actually have to worry about nation-state level surveillance/hacking?
Apparently a decent amount of people.

zdnet.com/article/nsa-whistleblower-overwhelmed-with-data-ineffective/

Attached: nsa-whistleblower-overwhelmed-with-data-ineffective.png (820x300, 39K)

As long as you are using Android Google is collecting data on you.

Legit question is there anyway to reduce the data tracking? I'm not even bugging about state surveillance or anything, its the ads, they have become far too invasive and I'm sick of everything I love turning into a trend for profit. Are there any real ways to protect yourself from data mining or are we all just fucked? This stuff is so depressing to me

Use free software.

Like what? Like Linux? I'm asking for smartphones. Are there apps that better protect? Using DuckDuckGo doesn't help. I'm still being tracked and getting ads for things I just searched for. Does anyone really know the answer to this?

>I'm asking for smartphones.
Replicant. Android is Linux, by the way.

That's dragnet surveillance ffs. NSA/GCHQ reaching into your device via the baseband, firmware exploits etc. should clearly not be part of the threat model of a normal user.

Dragnet surveillance is surveillance of the most egregious kind. Why are you deluding the fine folks here, and possibly yourself, about whether it should be acceptable to any sane 'normal' user?

AnySoftKeyboard for writing
Hacker's Keyboard for terminal
Mozc for Jpn

You don't like ASK?

Attached: screen.png (720x1280, 196K)

Fuck, do people actually use this shit out of choice?

I see no reason why they should
It was a pain writing even this single sentence

The user I was responding to literally said "nation-state level surveillance/hacking".

Maybe somebody with Parkinson's or another illness
>inb4 that's not out of choice
You get what I mean.

wait, is that in stock?
doesn't come with T9, does it?

Jesus christ. I started out by replying to
>>it doesn't matter what you use, if your baseband and modem are running proprietary code you'll always be in the botnet, regardless of what you do
by arguing that it does matter what software you use. Just because nation-state actors can target your phone no matter what you do doesn't mean that you should give up on securing it in the ways you can. It's about creating a threat model and choosing how to best stay secure.

>It's about creating a threat model and choosing how to best stay secure.

Dont get Google on your phone....

... you know what it is

O Keyboard

This

youre retarded if you think using a open source keyboard on your google botnet phone will protect you against anything

Google Keyboard without internet access

I never advocated for using or not using any particular keyboard. I advocated against being fatalistic about security and surveillance. Even though you can never protect your data 100% there are still things you can do.

Wait for when Swype finally goes bankrupt.

Installed it, thanks user. T9 masterrace.

the whole premise of the thread is absolutely fucking retarded and OP has no idea how operating systems work

I use the default Google Keyboard on my phone (with analytics turned off) but I can see where OP is coming from. It does feel kind of dirty that many keyboards by default mines whatever text you enter to improve their prediction models or whatever.

no matter what you do, google is gonna get your keystrokes if you're using android

I've got my answer, gboard with AFwall+ seems to be the way to go, it let's me keep dual-language support as well.

Out of interest, what would you recommend if android is such a privacy nightmare? Apple? I mean you probably could build one of those raspberry pi based cellphone-esque monstrosities and run debian on it but short of that and using a dumbphone I guess custom roms maybe? Paranoid Android died a while ago I think and I'm not aware of anything similar that still has support.

Attached: zerophone.jpg (800x600, 59K)

There is no alternative, the only solution is to not input anything that you dont want to be datamined into a mobile spydevice

Android is open source. I have the impression YOU don't have any idea how operating systems work.

fucking simpleminded brainlet

next youre gonna say google chrome is also open source

This.

I used minuum but recently switched to touchpal, these two have the best word correction but they are probably botnet, though not as bad as gulag and microsoft botnet.

You should only be using free software when possible. Install a ROM without gapps, get all your apps from f-droid. To more directly answer your question, I use hacker's keyboard, but anything on f-droid should be good.

Jesus Christ, are you serious? T9 is a pleasure to type on if it has a decently sized dictionary. Plus the keys are much bigger and you already rely on the autocorrect anyway. Don't come bullshitting with your "i reach 100WPM 100% accuracy on my gay ass touchscreen".

it's does. it's (((google))) play services that's the botnet part. there's always lineageos + fdroid.

I cannot reach 100wpm but I can type fine with both hands on full qwerty
Actually I find it faster fully typing a word than using suggestions
Maybe if using it one-handed t9 comes out better or it is merely the lack of experience with it that I found it harder

Attached: screen.png (720x1280, 249K)

Can't tell if you're serious or not but I do remember these being a pain on most phones a decade ago, especially needing extra presses to get special characters for languages other than English. Now I'm actually curious what it would be like on a touch screen.

also there is this strangely looking one
supposedly it works as compass
gesture from each block the letter you want

Attached: screen.png (720x1280, 169K)

Wtf, is this what disabled people use? I mean, maybe it works? I have questions for someone who actually uses this.

were is asop for jap?

looks gay.

Attached: Screenshot_20180813-154000.png (1440x2560, 250K)

no u

Attached: file.png (754x769, 1.09M)

no idea, I have tried it a bit but I feel like an autist using it
according to its page the goal was to be able to enter any character from a single layout
whereas normal characters are entered with swipes on the block, accented characters can be made with big swipes across the keyboard
but having been last updated in 2014 it is somewhat buggy and feels as an unfinished product